She’s Here

by HEAB on October 14, 2010

No, not the HEABlet, but her La-Z-Boy. Now the nursery is complete!

Thanks to all of you who recommended the recliner over the glider. Oh my gosh, we love it…seriously, I think I could live in this chair.

My food intake has been really weird lately as I either seem to be starving or not hungry at all. Nothing sweet sounds good…I’m basically craving grease. No, really I am…a big salty greasy bacon cheeseburger sounds divine right about now, but I’ve been eating pumpkin instead. Wanna see? Oh, and my apologies to Susan. ;)

World’s easiest pumpkin curry soup inspired by Namaste Gurl

Into the Vita-Mix went the last of my homemade coconut milk yogurt, 1 cup canned pumpkin, 1 TBSP curry powder, and cinnamon. That’s it – blended until warm and then topped with crumbled goat cheese. Delicious, warm, and filling.

Next up, we have last night’s dinner…

Pumpkin Stir-fry

Directions: Cook about a cup of sliced cabbage, 1 chopped carrot, 1 stalk of chopped celery, a few sliced mushrooms, and 1 strip of copped bacon in 1 TBSP butter. After your veggies are cooked, add 1/4 pound ground beef. Once the meat is cooked through, stir in 1 heaping TBSP of yellow mustard plus 1/2 cup canned pumpkin. Oh my goodness, this was so good…something about the sweet carrots cooked in the butter with the salty mustard, sweet pumpkin, and occasional bite of bacon. Mmm, my grease craving belly was satisfied! CD ate the same thing minus the pumpkin. Some nights we have to cook our dinners side-by-side because when we’re both really hungry, we don’t have a skillet big enough for all the veggies.

So, with my up and down appetite, the exercise has been up and down as well. I’m really just taking it day by day. Some days I’m just tired and a short walk with the pups or nothing at all is what I need, and other days, I have so much energy that a 90-minute yoga class feels great. I will say that I’m still feeling really good with only about another month to go. I’ve had no low back pain or anything like that – I really think all the prenatal yoga and my once-a-month prenatal massages have really helped. Yep, HEABlet are I are doing well. :)

Speaking of the HEABlet, some really thoughtful people sent her gifts, and I wanted to share…

IMG_6238.JPG IMG_6245.JPG

Sweet Sam sent two adorable outfits along with a photo book, a blanket, and a celebratory pipe for CD (nice touch, huh?) as well as some pepper jelly all the way from Guam, and then yesterday, the HEABlet and I both received a gift from Melanie. She knitted a sleep sack (notice the owls around the top border – to encourage a wise soul), a winter hat, some booties for the baby, and a scarf for mama-to-be. Thanks girls – we love everything. :)

I’ll be back later to announce to the winner of Google Juice. Thanks for all your comments regarding what you enjoy most about your favorite blogs – very informative, and you still have time to enter. I’ll leave the comments open until this afternoon. Enjoy the rest of your morning!

Holly @ couchpotatoathlete October 14, 2010 at 8:46 am

The HEABlet’s room is so adorable and that chair looks soooo comfortable. Like a big brown cloud :)

You guys and your mustard — but I have to say that stir-fry looks extra good!

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 11:33 am

Holly,
The mustard…I know, right? I’m beginning to think we have a problem. ;)

Jessica @ How Sweet October 14, 2010 at 8:46 am

You sure did trick me with that title! But the chair looks quite comfy. :)

Sarah-Mae @ Eat, Run, Knit October 14, 2010 at 8:48 am

What a lovely lazyboy! It looks so warm and comfortable – it already looks ready to be the ‘favorite chair’ that no one wants to get rid of even when it’s past it’s time ^_^
Mmmm, pumpkin and baby knits?! You lucky girl!

I’m glad the HEABlet and yourself are doing well!

Kristina @ spabettie October 14, 2010 at 8:54 am

ooh, my stomach did a butterfly flip with that title! :D

I must try this pumpkin stir fry!!

eatmovelove October 14, 2010 at 8:55 am

LOL – looks like the Lazy-Boy is then new modern-aged rocking chair! Love it! You’ll be spending lots of time in that one rocking and burping the little HEABlet.

Does CD not like Pumpkin? That picture would be one plate just for me! I have the whole pan full of a large skillet…yipes…holy fiber over-load…

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 11:34 am

Eatmovelove,
CD is kind of indifferent when it comes to pumpkin. I just thought to throw some in my stir fry after he was already sitting down and eating. :)

eatmovelove October 14, 2010 at 12:17 pm

Ah, yes, the “throw-in” – i’m infamous for that…tends to be a lot of goat cheese for me ;)

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg October 14, 2010 at 8:58 am

Vvvvvery tricky :-)

LOVE that home-knitted sleep sack!! Too cute!

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday October 14, 2010 at 8:59 am

Yeah rocker recliner! Reminds me of Sarah Richardson on the show Design Inc. (do they have this show in the US?) when she was designing her nursery. Everyone told her to get a glider because it was better but she refused. You’re in good company.

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 11:35 am

Samantha,
I’ve never seen Design Inc, but I think Sarah made the right decision! :)

Liz @ Tip Top Shape October 14, 2010 at 9:03 am

So much pumpkin in this post!!! That soup sounds amazing! I know what my last can of pumpkin is going toward :D

Danielle (Runs on Green) October 14, 2010 at 9:06 am

Like other commenters…I got really excited when I saw the title of this post :) The chair [the: the whole room] is really cute!

I forgot about savory pumpkin dishes- most of the blog world is cranking out pumpkin desserts. Curry + squash go sooooo well together

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 11:36 am

Sorry Danielle – hope the LaZBoy wasn’t a huge letdown. ;) And yes, pumpkin + curry is an amazing combo. Someone even sent me a recipe for pumpkin curry ice-cream…topped with coconut. I must admit, I’m curious. :)

Christina @ ilovefetacheese October 14, 2010 at 9:10 am

At first when I saw the pic of your soup, i thought that was FETA CHEESE on top, and I got really excited LOL But seriously, because of all your goat cheese posts, I bought some homemade goat cheese at the farmers market this past weekend and I forgot how GOOD IT IS. I love the texture. I got one rolled in toasted GARLIC. LOVE.

HEABlet clothes are soooo cute!! You have such wonderful friends :)

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 11:38 am

Christina,
Goat cheese…feta…I love it all. Why is cheese so good…especially when paired with garlic? ;)

Alex @ Spoonful of Sugar Free October 14, 2010 at 9:15 am

Hey! The room looks great :)

I just made some coconut-sweet potato soup last night….sooo good! I served it along side some mashed black beans, too.

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 11:40 am

Thanks Alex…your dinner last night sounds perfect. :)

Natalia - a side of simple October 14, 2010 at 9:16 am

The nursery is so classy! Every time I see a picture of it, it reminds me of the nursery scenes in Peter Pan.. just because its nostalgic like that :)

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 11:42 am

Thanks Natalia – that’s a huge compliment as I was going for “classy” over “the interior of a Pepto Bismol bottle”. ;)

Ashlee (AshandLewPlus2) October 14, 2010 at 9:17 am

I love the lazy boy! With two cribs in our nursery there was no room for a recliner so I settled for our double recliner/loveseat thing in the living room and prefer over our glider. I love the outfit with the vest, my Daughter Daisy has the same one with a different vest and my son LB has the exact same one just in boy colors :)
I also had crazy greasy cravings at the end of my pregnancy. We took a trip about 10 weeks before I had the twins and all I wanted was burgers and fries

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 11:44 am

Ashlee,
That makes me feel so much better. 2nd trimester all I wanted was sweet sweet sweet, and now I just want salt and grease. :) How are you feeling after Sunday?

Ashlee October 14, 2010 at 11:49 am

I feel great! I haven’t been sore since Tuesday and got in two grey workouts the last two days!

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 2:09 pm

Awesome Ashlee, so happy to hear you’re feeling good!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) October 14, 2010 at 9:22 am

Cute stuff! The food looks great. I agree, you should totally eat what you are craving! Tony would kill for that bacon burger too right about now! Enjoy your afternoon and that chair!

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 11:45 am

Sarena,
Me, Tony, and Max would be the best of friends…and you and I could bond over oatmeal and waffles. ;)

Marisa @ Loser for Life October 14, 2010 at 9:23 am

Aw, HEABlet is gonna be the best dressed baby around! You will be thankful for that recliner many a night ;)

melissa @ the delicate place October 14, 2010 at 9:24 am

yum that pumpkin soup is easy and looks delicious. on my list to try for sure! HEAB i’m amazed at how energetic you are at 8mos. Most of the women I knew who were pregnant were so much weaker stock than you ;p keep up the good work!

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 11:46 am

Melissa,
Honestly, I’m surprising myself. I thought I would be so uncomfortable by now, but still feeling really good. Thanks for the encouragement! :)

Dorry October 14, 2010 at 9:24 am

Oh the HEABlet is going to have the best wardrobe! Love an easy winter soup recipe since many need hours to cook. I like that you’re referring to the Lazy-Boy as a “she” :) She’s the perfect final touch for the nursery.

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 11:47 am

Dorry,
That was the easiest soup I’ve ever made and so tasty. Wish I had more yogurt as I want more!

Beth @ Life in Progress October 14, 2010 at 9:27 am

You are EVIL! I totally thought you meant HEABlet. :) Anyway, I am glad that you are happy with the recliner. It looks totally comfy!

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 11:49 am

Beth,
Hehe, sorry about that. I won’t cry wolf anymore – promise. :)

Ana October 14, 2010 at 9:30 am

I also thought the Heablet was here, but that looks like a super comfy chair!
Also have been getting my share of pumpkin, never get tired of it.
I love pumpkin soup! My favorite is to sautee some leeks in a pan, then add pumpkin and a little broth (or coconut milk), the leeks gives the soup an awesome flavor – or at least I think, I love leeks!

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 11:50 am

Ana,
Leeks – roger that! Adding them to grocery list. :)

sweeter salt October 14, 2010 at 9:33 am

Lazy boys are so comfy! Good call.

I’m not sick of pumpkin, I’m all for keeping those recipes coming. Yum!

Laura

Katie October 14, 2010 at 9:50 am

Pumpkin is the best! I am not sick of pumpkin yet, dont think I will ever be!

Love the recliner, it does look like heaven, could see myself sleeping and being comfy on that, good choice!

I got so excited when I saw the title of this post!!!! lol! THe day will be here soon!!!!!!!!

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 11:50 am

Katie,
I know – I can’t wait…and sorry for the title teaser. ;)

Sara October 14, 2010 at 10:01 am

Funny thing – my mom was craving the same thing – a double bacon cheeseburger – a few days before my sister was born. She indulged and had her soon after. Sounds like the HEABlet is coming soon.

Love the recliner.

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 11:52 am

Sara,
Really? Crazy. I was literally licking the grease out of the skillet after last night’s stir-fry…couldn’t get enough of it. Hmm, maybe I should hold off on the bacon cheeseburger for a few more weeks. :)

Emily October 14, 2010 at 10:17 am

Not nice! :) You had me all worried that now you had a preemie!

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 11:52 am

Emily,
Sorry, no more crying wolf…I promise! :)

Cindy October 14, 2010 at 10:22 am

awww her room is adorable (and spacious)

we went with the glider AND we still use it. We all use it! haha
good for you.

and yeah…your body is saying FAT…need it..baby needs it. so eat it!

no worries.
plus I am glad you are creating pumpkin recipes. I just cracked a huge can of Libby’s yesterday and am trying to find ways to use it!!!

Have a restful day!

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 11:53 am

Cindy,
Loving the fat. Oh my gosh, it’s all I want, and I just read that the baby is at her full height, and now she’s just plumping up…I can’t wait to squeeze her little arms and legs. :)

Candice @ ChiaSeedMe October 14, 2010 at 10:35 am

You totally had me with that title – shame on you;) So happy you are loving the recliner! And the pumpkin recipes are delicious looking – I have a small obsession with pumpkin right now. Me and the rest of the blogworld:)

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 11:54 am

Candice,
Sorry about that. ;)

CookiePie October 14, 2010 at 10:40 am

Good luck with the HEABlet!!! Enjoy holding that little bundle in that lovely brown cloud of a chair :) And love the pumpkin recipes!!!

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 11:59 am

CookiePie,
I will – can’t wait, but I think I’m even more excited to see CD all reclined back with our little baby girl asleep on his chest. :)

Felicia (a taste of health with balance) October 14, 2010 at 10:42 am

Love the chair! Soon enough you’ll be holding your precious girl :)

Namaste Gurl October 14, 2010 at 10:52 am

Oh sweet Heather, first off, thank you SO much for the kind shout-out. I’m so honored I inspired your pumpkin curry soup! I had the same thing the other day but with butternut squash, there’s nothing like a big ol’ comforting, hearty bowl of yumminess :)

The recliner looks GREAT in the room– glad you choose that over a glider. Again, I just love what you’ve done with the nursery, you’re so creative when it comes to decorating :)

And your dinner looks amazing. I’m SOOOOO adding pumpkin to my big slosh of stir-fried veggies!

Have a wonderful rest of the day, Heather :) xx

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 12:00 pm

Namaste,
Yep, I’ve had pumpkin curry soup on the brain ever since you mentioned it in your comment. Thanks for inspiring a delicious and easy lunch yesterday, and if I had more yogurt…and pumpkin, I’d eat the exact same thing again today!

Jennifer@keepitsimplefoods October 14, 2010 at 11:01 am

Sounds like you need a nice, big wok!

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 12:00 pm

Jennifer,
Yes, we do! :)

charlotte October 14, 2010 at 11:13 am

I love her nursery – it is so apparent how much love is waiting for your little one! You and CD are going to be wonderful parents:)

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 12:01 pm

Thanks Charlotte – I hope so! :)

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey October 14, 2010 at 11:35 am

I just got super nervous that you went into labor early – wheew. I’m not joking, my heart skipped a beat! I <3 the nursery – I cant wait to meet the HEABlet!!

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 12:01 pm

Chelsey,
Sorry about that. No more crying wolf. I promise. :)

Katie October 14, 2010 at 11:39 am

Weird, I just posted a recipe for curried pumpkin soup yesterday. And it’s pumpkin week over at my blog, so I feel right at home here. Its not really that weird I guess, since every blogger and their uncle is eating craptons of pumpkin right now.

Love the chair. I want to sink into it with a good book. :)

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 12:02 pm

Katie,
Not weird as we share the same orange veggie/mustard loving brain. ;)

Amber at Berlin's Whimsy October 14, 2010 at 11:41 am

Oh, that recliner looks so comfy! I’m sure you’ll spend a lot of time there… ;-) That pumpkin soup looks yummy, too! I might have to make some today…

Katrina October 14, 2010 at 11:44 am

I’m proud to say I have a “man chair” recliner and I don’t have kids yet. I got it because I often sleep where I land and sometimes the chair is more comfy than a bed. I’m breaking it in for later. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it :D

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 12:03 pm

Katrina,
No shame in the man chair. My gosh, if I would have known those things were that comfy, I would have owned one a long time ago! ;)

Susan October 14, 2010 at 12:00 pm

The HEABlet is going to be stylin’ whenever she comes!

It’s great that all of the prep is coming together. I know for new mom’s that can be one of the most stressful parts.

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 12:03 pm

Susan,
Yes, I have been stressed, but everything has fallen into place. The only thing we really have left to do is figure out the car seat. :)

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) October 14, 2010 at 12:45 pm

“seriously, I think I could live in this chair.”–

GOOD Because you most likely will be. Do you have your Boppy or MyBrestFriend? I prefer the later for newborns and former for slightly older. The BrestFriend is good for all stages but sometimes the boppy for tiny or smaller babies leaves a weird gap in between the pillow and your chest making it hard for latching in some (smaller) babies…not all but some. Lactation educator in me is all concerned about this you know :)

Anyway love the goodies you got.

Love that you’re not having any pack pain. I swear the 3rd tri I could literally FEEL my lower back and hips moving by the day. It was like the great s-p-r-e-a-d was happening and I could feel it. Like wearing braces as a kid on your teeth when you could feel them moving day by day. Not exactly lovely. LOL

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 4:16 pm

Averie,
Yep, I’ve got my Bobby, and I’ve heard really good things about MyBrestFriend, but I don’t have one. Need to look into that. :)

Maryea @ Happy Healthy Mama October 14, 2010 at 12:46 pm

That hand-knitted sleep sack is precious!

Your pumpkin soup looks delicious. I love easy soups.

Nichole October 14, 2010 at 12:59 pm

Looks like you are just about ready for the baby! I don’t know how you don’t devour a bacon cheeseburger!

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 4:17 pm

Nichole,
Oh, I will and soon! :)

Exercise and Eat October 14, 2010 at 1:10 pm

That’s quite the title!!! I got so excited – can’t wait for the HEABlet!

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 4:18 pm

E & E,
We can’t either! :)

Kate @ Walking in the Rain October 14, 2010 at 1:20 pm

That stir fry looks so good! Best part is I have most of those ingredients in my house (well except for the bacon and the pumpkin). What an easy dinner to throw together.

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 4:18 pm

Kate,
It was easy and so delicious. Enjoy! :)

Mary @ Bites and Bliss October 14, 2010 at 1:21 pm

You had me going with the titles at first!! My heart jumped!

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 2:24 pm

Mary,
Sorry about that. ;)

Emily October 14, 2010 at 2:03 pm

Love the new chair; such a big comfy dad recliner…going to be so wonderful for you and your little girl :) I was at a cooking seminar at William Sonoma this past weekend and they brought out the Vitamix to puree some soup. As they were explaining how it works and the benefits of it I was thinking to myself, yeah I know, HEAB has told us alllll about it.

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 2:10 pm

Emily,
The Vita-Mix story made me smile. Happy to help prepare you for your seminar. :)

Susan October 14, 2010 at 2:18 pm

Ohno.

Not pumpkin!!! :P

P.S. LOVE the blogging tips from the last post.

Gaby October 14, 2010 at 2:20 pm

I’m loving pumpkin and all things orange this week, I’m afraid I’m going to end up orange :X I’ve made some version of kabocha or sweet potato stew this week with curry powder, straight up coconut cream from the can, and tons of spices. Last nights was also topped with grated coconut and roasted pumpkin seeds.
I think my parents have almost that same recliner! I love it! I turn into the biggest blog every time I go over there. I cuddle up with a good book, my mom’s snuggie, and even prep snacks to have on the side table before hand so I don’t have to move lol. Enjoy it!

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 2:55 pm

Gaby,
I would love to come over for dinner, and then I’d like to go sit in the recliner at your parent’s house surrounded by pumpkin-filled snacks. :)

Laura October 14, 2010 at 2:38 pm

DARN YOU! I got so excited when i saw the title of this….only for you to let me down heab…boooohoooo! (i joke, of course!)
sometimes all you need is a big fat greasy ball of ..well…grease!!! not sure it’d taste very nice though..i’d go for a burger instead!x

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 2:53 pm

Laura,
Sorry about that. ;)

Samantha October 14, 2010 at 3:37 pm

Oh the sleep sack is wonderful…an owl for wisdom, how creative! The nursery looks so sweet, and inviting with the recliner! And yay, more yummy recipes to try!

homecookedem October 14, 2010 at 5:09 pm

The lazy boy looks wonderful! I think we’ll probably stick with a recliner just because of cost… but a lazy boy does sound way better!!

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 9:45 pm

Em,
One word: Craigslist! :)

Allie October 14, 2010 at 5:41 pm

That pumpkin soup looks divine! And thanks for your prevous post about blogging- I just started my own and I’m loving the tips and tricks. Your blog is actually the first one I found when I started reading healthy blogs- I love it and am so excited to see the HEABlet :-)

Chandra October 14, 2010 at 10:15 pm

I have to say, I’m kind of with Susan- I like pumpkin, but I’ll take fresh over canned any day. Try this: I found some mini-pumpkins at the farmers market the other day. Cut off the top and scrape out the seeds, add a little butter, brown sugar or sweetener of choice, nutmeg and/or pie spice, put the top back on, and bake until soft. YUM! Great fall dessert. Works with small acorn squash, too.

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 10:32 pm

Chandra,
I’m ashamed to admit I’ve never used fresh pumpkin…except for kabocha, AKA Japanese pumpkin. :) Your recipe sounds super simple and so yummy. I would love to serve those little pumpkins instead of pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving…I mean my dad can still load them up with Cool Whip, right? ;)

Emily Elizabeth October 15, 2010 at 6:49 am

That stir-fry looks so good. I love your idea about adding mustard – I’ve been doing that with mine since your mustard post and love it (my container’s almost out so I may have to opt for the Costco size as well)!

Thanks for your response the other day about wanting me to let you know when my blog is up and running. You’re so nice! If I only have time to pop in on one blog, it’s always yours!

HEAB October 15, 2010 at 7:36 am

Thanks for always popping in Emily…and yes, go for the Costco mustard! :)

Rebecca October 16, 2010 at 3:28 pm

Thank you so much for the idea to add mustard and pumpkin to stir-fry! Very yummy combo and I’m loving this new use of pumpkin in savory things!

HEAB October 16, 2010 at 3:37 pm

Rebecca,
You’re so welcome. Glad you’re enjoying the stir-fry! I am as well. :)

Karen October 17, 2010 at 6:51 am

Hi Heather,
I made the pumpkin stirfy and it was amazing!! Even my husband loved it. I am going to try making it again this week with ground turkey to cut back on some fat. :) Thank you!
Karen

HEAB October 17, 2010 at 9:08 am

Karen,
So glad you AND your husband enjoyed. We love that combo as well, although CD made a really good curry stir-fry last night. So good, and I hope to talk him into making it again tonight so I can post the recipe soon. :)

{ 4 trackbacks }