I Need Yoga!

by HEAB on October 25, 2010

CD and I had our last birthing class yesterday. 3 more weeks to go…I can’t believe it. We feel prepared, or I guess as prepared as we can be. Many of you have asked about my birth plan. I haven’t really talked about it much because everyone seems to have a different opinion on the matter. So, I promise to let you know how everything goes post-birth, but until then I just don’t plan to go into many details. The most important thing is that the HEABlet arrives safe and sound – we’re getting so anxious!!! :)

Speaking of the HEABlet, look at what J.G. Bean, aka Janetha of Meals and Moves sent her…

Haha – isn’t that bib great? I’m almost tempted to wear it myself. Thanks J.G. Bean. Love you!

Today has been declared yoga day as I’ve kind of been neglecting my practice in favor of walks with the dogs. We walk for an hour everyday, and the pups love it. In fact, if I don’t walk them, trust me, they let me know they are NOT happy. The weather has just been so beautiful, and the dogs need their exercise. However, today, I am feeling in major need of some hip openers. I have been going to my weekly prenatal class, but my body is screaming for more regular yoga love. So, off to a 90-minute vinyasa class I go, but first some random eats I’ve been enjoying…

Spicy Ginger Teff cookies warmed and plopped in the vanilla bean coconut milk ice-cream container. Best way to eat cookies in my opinion. :)

Taking reader Gina’s advice, I tried her favorite homemade salad dressing (zest of 1/2 lemon, juice of said lemon, olive oil, Celtic sea salt, and lots of fresh chopped dill). Gina, look, I even ate it over a salad of chicken and chopped avocado just like you suggested. It was delicious – thank you!

Last but not least, check out my homemade pumpkin spice latte…

I have to give full credit to Ana for this one: HEABified coconut milk warmed with 1 heaping spoonful of canned pumpkin, 1/2 packet stevia, and pumpkin pie spice. Just what I needed on this cool fall morning.

OK, I’m off to research pediatricians and then to yoga. Happy Monday!

Jessica @ How Sweet October 25, 2010 at 9:24 am

Can’t believe how close you are HEAB. Time is flying!

Morgan @ Life After Bagels October 25, 2010 at 9:28 am

I might be dying at the cuteness factor of that little gift ahhhhhhhh!

Courtney (Pancakes & Postcards) October 25, 2010 at 9:31 am

that bib is ADORABLE.

so glad everything is going well–that HEABlet is going to receive a whole lotta blogger love in the upcoming months/years, methinks!

Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin October 25, 2010 at 9:35 am

Wow hard to believe there’s only 3 weeks left!! You are getting some ADORABLE gear for the HEABlet!

carolyn October 25, 2010 at 9:36 am

“i am in major need of some hip openers”

um… good call… ;-)

have a great day Heabs.. she will be here in no time!

Talia @ Texas Gunslinger October 25, 2010 at 9:44 am

O…M…G, that bib and onsie are the cutest things EVER! How adorable! Janetha is the “woMAN” for sending that to you! Gosh, I can’t believe you only have 3 weeks! Holy smokes! I’m glad you guys feel so prepared and I think you are doing the right thing by keeping some things private, especially when it comes to the little HEABlet’s birth. With so many opinions (some unsolicited) it is good to keep some things sacred and protect your family. I’ll be praying for a safe and healthy delivery for you and baby! HUGS! :)

HEAB October 25, 2010 at 7:30 pm

Talia,
And I’ll be praying that your competition goes well – it’s only 2 days after the HEABlet is due! :)

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) October 25, 2010 at 9:49 am

Oh pumpkin coconut milk! YUM! Perfect way to spend a fall day…Enjoy yoga today. I need some too, but I don’t think there will be time…enjoy some for me too!

Heather (Heather's Dish) October 25, 2010 at 9:51 am

the onsie makes me melt…TOO cute!

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun October 25, 2010 at 9:55 am

How adorable!!! And I’m with you on not sharing much of a birth plan. Plus, things can go so different than expected anyways. You do whatever it takes to get the baby there safely and what YOU feel comfortable with. So excited for you!

HEAB October 25, 2010 at 7:31 pm

Thanks Tina. :)

babycakes October 25, 2010 at 9:56 am

I am getting SO excited for you! It seemed like just yesterday you announced you were expecting. Time is such a funny thing! Enjoy yoga! :)

HEAB October 25, 2010 at 7:31 pm

Babycakes,
I know – I can’t believe she’s almost here!

Ashlee (AshandLewPlus2) October 25, 2010 at 10:00 am

Heather, I hope you find a pediatrician that you love! We found a practice that offered a breastfeeding class (and a full time lactation consultant) that we attended before giving birth and met doctors and toured their office. It was awesome and I feel that we were able to make an informed decision with all the information they offered. I have found where I live it is hard to find someone with similar views that I have but I found it here. (Hopefully it will be easier for you because you live in a much larger city, I have to drive 45 minutes to the pediatrician!).

HEAB October 25, 2010 at 7:34 pm

Ashlee,
We have a consultation set up with an MD, and I’m really excited to meet him. He practices alternative medicine, and I know he’s a big advocate of breast feeding. So, fingers crossed we like him…however, he’s not too close by, but only about 25 minutes aways.

melissa @ the delicate place October 25, 2010 at 10:00 am

they seriously do not make those so delicious containers big enough for me! good luck finding a ped!

HEAB October 25, 2010 at 7:36 pm

Melissa,
Agreed. However, if they sold that stuff by the half gallon, it would cost almost $25 based on the pint price…which I would NEVER spend. Not sure why I buy the pint. Just seems cheaper, but yeah, it’s never enough!

eatmovelove October 25, 2010 at 10:20 am

Oh my God – those bibs – Janetha, they’re amazing!

HEAB – you’ve become a BRAND!! :)

Liz @ Tip Top Shape October 25, 2010 at 10:28 am

That bib is just adorable!! If I were you, I would totally wear it a bit before the HEABlet arrived, lol.

And that homemade pumpkin spice latte?! That sounds AMAZING!!

Susan October 25, 2010 at 10:34 am

Aww Janetha is the sweetest! Seriously love her.

I like that latte idea. The Starbucks lattes don’t taste very pumpkin-y to me.

Susannah October 25, 2010 at 10:49 am

Oooh that pumpkin spice latte sounds and looks incredible! I can’t wait to try it!

Mary @ Bites and Bliss October 25, 2010 at 10:49 am

Oh my gosh, three weeks!! That’s so exciting :D

I know how you feel about having to do yoga. Even after a few days without I start feeling like a robot I get so stiff! Hope it’s a good session :)

HEAB October 25, 2010 at 7:37 pm

Mary,
Yoga was great – very slow and grounding, but really intense. Just what I needed today. :)

Dorry October 25, 2010 at 10:52 am

3 weeks! WOW. I remember the day you announced that you were pregnant. :) So excited for y’all!

HEAB October 25, 2010 at 7:37 pm

Thanks Dorry. :)

Kelly October 25, 2010 at 10:56 am

That onesie and bib are so cute and perfect!! She is going to be one very fashionable Heablet!

I can’t wait to try that pumpkin spice latte, sounds/looks PERFECT!

Good luck with the doc search!

lindsay October 25, 2010 at 11:02 am

Way to go Janetha! Those are adorable. I love them. Can’t wait to see the Heablet in them. Happy Yoga monday!

Hayley October 25, 2010 at 11:08 am

Those outfits are SO CUTE!!! I’m in love with the little boots…the HEABlet is going to be one well-dressed little tyke.

I don’t blame you for keeping your birthing plan to yourself – even when people don’t mean to sound opinionated it often comes across that way. Just please remember not to be hard on yourself if things don’t go according to plan. I have no doubt everything will turn out beautifully but do NOT feel guilty if something changes. So long as you give birth to a healthy baby that’s all that matters. I had everything planned out and I “knew” how things were going to be once Chloe got here but pretty much everything I said I wouldn’t do (no pacifier, no bottle, etc) has changed and though I have felt very guilty about it (sometimes..no guilt over the pacifier!!) I have to remember that she is thriving, growing and doing great. :)

xoxo

HEAB October 25, 2010 at 7:44 pm

Hayley,
I know – I really played out my birth plan over and over in my head, but everyone tells me each delivery is different, and I should not be disappointed if things don’t go according to plan. It’s so hard – but I keep reminding myself that I can only do my best. Thanks for the encouragement. :)

Kristina @ spabettie October 25, 2010 at 11:13 am

oh holy moly, those BOOTS !! baby clothes are SO fun…

*ahh* enjoy your yoga!!

Christina @ ilovefetacheese October 25, 2010 at 11:17 am

this post makes me anxious!! can’t wait :)

HEAB October 25, 2010 at 7:44 pm

Christina,
Me too! :)

Alyssa October 25, 2010 at 11:27 am

Heather, I am so excited for you and CD! You will be fantastic parents :-) Now, go get them hips opened to prep for some baby birthing!

HEAB October 25, 2010 at 7:45 pm

Thanks Alyssa. :)

Cat October 25, 2010 at 11:28 am

That’s almost like my favorite salad dressing, ‘cept instead of dill, I used herbs de provence! It’s lovely!

HEAB October 25, 2010 at 7:48 pm

Cat,
I’ll have to try your version. Does sound lovely. :)

Sylvia @ LifeIsGoodWithFood October 25, 2010 at 11:35 am

Oee, pumpkin latte! Yums :) I usually don’t put any dressing on my salads, mainly because the calorie amount in it added up but now I make my own dressings and they’re just as delicious – and healthy for you too! =)

HEAB October 25, 2010 at 7:49 pm

Sylvia,
Yes, homemade salad dressings are so much better – taste wise and health wise!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey October 25, 2010 at 11:53 am

That has to be the absolute cutest little onesie! I <3 it!

Holly @ couchpotatoathlete October 25, 2010 at 11:58 am

HEAB those outfits are so cute. I can’t wait to see the HEABlet in them. You’ll have to do a post each day on her cute clothes :)

Ana October 25, 2010 at 12:01 pm

Yay, I am so happy you liked the latte made that way! I like coffee, but caffeine has major impact on me, so my lattes are usually like that, just almond milk with flavorings and the pumpkin has been my favorite lately!
I like it with coffee too, but it has to be consumed really early in the day, when I crave a latte in the afternoon that is what I go for.
I brought a huge steaming hot mug of pumpkin latte with me for my son’s 8am soccer game last Saturday, and I was so glad I did as it was 45F outside, really cold.
The bib is really fun, and look at those boots, cute!

HEAB October 25, 2010 at 7:50 pm

Ana,
I loved the pumpkin latte. Thanks so much for the idea! :)

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) October 25, 2010 at 12:41 pm

Good for your for NOT talking about your birth plan now….you have been blogging long enough to know that once you put it out here, everyone kind of “holds you” to it or to whatever standard or message or idea was put forth. Nothing like a little “pressure” from 10,000 of your closest friends wanting to make sure you had an xyz birth and that you did or didnt do abc type thing.

I learned that lesson with my fitness show…I blogged about it and literally had tons of emails the night of the show with people emailing me and commenting, almost demanding I tell them how I did in my show. What if I would have sucked at it and come in last? Lesson learned to play things closer to the vest :)

“OK, I’m off to research pediatricians and then to yoga. “—I’m sure you’ll be able to get that all handled right before yoga. LOL Best tips would be to find someone who your midwife or Ob recommends, someone YOU click with, and someone who respects your views/choices on what you plan to do and isnt pushy or an alarmist :)

HEAB October 25, 2010 at 7:53 pm

Averie,
Yes, that’s one of the main reasons I’m not blogging much about the birth plan – I have it all planned out in my head, and if everything doesn’t go as I hoped for, then I’ll be really disappointed. So, I think keeping it private is a better idea. As far as the pediatrician goes, we’ve got a recommendation from our birthing instructor, and we’re hoping to talk to a local midwife and get her input. My friends and doctor have made suggestions, but none of them sound in line with what we want. We have one consultation set up thus far – hoping we like him!

Matt October 25, 2010 at 12:43 pm

I have a question, what do you think the plan for your blog is post-birth?

HEAB October 25, 2010 at 7:54 pm

Matt,
The plan is to blog whenever I can. Blogging is something I look forward to everyday, and I truly love it. So, it’s definitely going to be a priority, but the baby and family time will obviously come first. So, we shall see. :)

polly October 25, 2010 at 1:13 pm

LURVE YOU! Just sent you a super duper long email. You are loved and that bib is PRICELESS!! So so so cute. What a sweet gift. XOXO

YAY for yoga day!!! :D :D :D

Diana (Soap & Chocolate) October 25, 2010 at 1:27 pm

Only 3 weeks?! OMG I feel like you only announced your pregnancy like a month ago. Yay for Mama HEAB. :)

HEAB October 25, 2010 at 7:55 pm

Thanks Diana. I know – I can’t believe she’s almost here!

Janetha G - meals & moves October 25, 2010 at 1:41 pm

The bib would look good on you ;) xo

HEAB October 25, 2010 at 7:56 pm

Janetha,
I’m not kidding – I love the bib, and I am such a messy eater. Can’t tell you how many white shirts I’ve stained…usually involves chocolate. ;)

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) October 25, 2010 at 1:45 pm

Awww, that bib ROCKS! I’d totally wear it. I find myself needing one quite often, LOL. :D

HEAB October 25, 2010 at 7:57 pm

Jenn,
I know – I spill stuff everywhere. They should seriously make some hipster-dipster adult sized bibs. I’d totally wear them. Hmm, maybe I should do that! A new business adventure for HEAB. :)

Alyssa October 25, 2010 at 1:46 pm

Awww, the HEAB-let is going to have some CUTE gear!
IMHO, birth plans are personal. It’s really no one else’s business, unless they are one of the people who will be there with you. (In that case it’s probably a good idea to fill them in, lol!)
I could have saved myself A LOT of anxiety if I’d kept my birth plans to myself!

HEAB October 25, 2010 at 7:57 pm

Thanks for the support Alyssa – I agree. :)

Meghan October 25, 2010 at 2:17 pm

Heather,
I have been following your blog for a few weeks now and I love it. You are inspiring me in so many ways. I am home sick today and was craving something warm, easy and easy on the stomach so I made the Spicy Ginger Teft cookies subbing oatmeal for teft They were so good. I made cinnamon pumpkin banana soft serve, plunked the warm cookies on top and stirred up a bit of almond butter and almond milk. So good. Just what the doctor ordered.

HEAB October 25, 2010 at 7:59 pm

Meghan,
Thanks so much for reading, and I hope you’re feeling better soon. Your soft-serve plus teff cookies sound amazing. Definitely needed today. Take care of yourself and get some good rest tonight. :)

Laura October 25, 2010 at 2:40 pm

OMGOSH!!!!!! I am SO excited for you!!!! It’s going the be the healthiest baby in the world!! and it has to be said; that pressie is the BEST baby pressie in the world….i don’t think you’d get very many funny looks if you wore the bib..i say go for it;-) xx

HEAB October 25, 2010 at 8:00 pm

Laura,
I think I will. :)

nicole October 25, 2010 at 3:30 pm

I have a HEABafied dinner planned for tonight that looks very similar to that salad above….and that dressing may have to be what I top it with. I’ve never thought to add dill to my salad dressings!

Hope your yoga was exactly what you needed! 3 weeks!! I can hardly believe that.

HEAB October 25, 2010 at 8:02 pm

Nicole,
Hope dinner was exactly what you needed. My yoga totally hit the spot for me. :)

Tangy @ A Taste of Tangy October 25, 2010 at 3:40 pm

Good luck Heather!! I’m going to be an aunt again any day now so I’ve got babies on the brain! as long as it is not me again! haha :)
I never tried yoga while pregnant but I did enjoy my pilates! As for the birth of the HEABlet, as long as she gets here safe and sound, that is all that matters! Every birth experience is so unique and my two couldn’t have been more different!

HEAB October 25, 2010 at 8:03 pm

Thanks for the encouragement Tangy and congrats on being almost an aunt again – so exciting! :)

sarah October 25, 2010 at 4:43 pm

Heather, I’m curious about going to your “regular” vinyasa class. I had to give up regular yoga at about 20 weeks because there were SO many poses that I wasn’t supposed to do (abs work, twists, anything on the back, upward dog), so I had to switch to prenatal entirely. I’m doing it 2x/week now, but yeah it’s not the same challenge. Do you just modify your class? How do you do a 90 minute vinyasa class 37 weeks pregnant??

HEAB October 25, 2010 at 8:11 pm

Sarah,
Very carefully. :) My instructor has been so great as she just had a baby herself last year. Anytime I need to modify a pose, she is right there telling me what to do. I avoid all deep twists and binds. I skip the ab specific work (which she rarely includes) and just squat or do a hip opener. Now that my belly is big, I have to stand with my feet a little wider than hip distance apart and take a wider stance in some lunge poses. Whenever she has the class flow from plank into Chaturanga into Down Dog, I simply do cat/cow into down dog. She rarely has the class on their bellies, and I’m still okay with bridge pose. I skip any inversions and just do some easy supine twist and then elevate myself during Savasana with bolsters and blocks. Balancing poses haven’t been a problem like I thought they would be. Today, I still managed Crow with no problem, and when in doubt, I simply follow my teacher’s advice and squat or do a hip opener. It sounds like a lot, but I’ve really found it fairly easy to make modifications – at least during this particular instructor’s class. Her classes are slow – very grounding, but they can be intense. I just do what I can, but honestly, my body is still surprising me with what it’s capable of…I had this image of myself at 9 months pregnant. I thought I would be miserable and super uncomfortable, but that’s not the case at all. I have my good and bad days, but I’m so happy I stuck with my yoga practice as I it has kept me feeling great – and no back pain or anything!

Emily Elizabeth @ Kisses for Breakfast October 25, 2010 at 4:57 pm

Oh my that pumpkin latte sounds delicious! My new Blendtec blender has a soup function where it actually blends it so fast it heats it up. You’ve inspired me to make a warm pumpkin latte smoothie!

HEAB October 25, 2010 at 8:13 pm

Emily,
The Vita-Mix does the same thing. Coconut milk + pumpkin + curry + cinnamon is my favorite. So simple, yet so good. Easiest soup ever! :) Another favorite is hot chocolate soup which you could totally make in your Blendtec: http://heathereatsalmondbutter.com/recipes/hot-chocolate-soup/

Emily Elizabethm @ Kisses for Breakfast October 26, 2010 at 6:51 am

I can’t wait to try these neat ideas, thank you! That’s good to know about the vitamix – my mom has one so I’ll have to let her know she can use it for that too!

HEAB October 26, 2010 at 8:54 am

Emily,
You’re welcome – enjoy! :)

Lorne @ www.ladybugbeauty.wordpress.com October 25, 2010 at 5:03 pm

Oh My! Those baby clothes are just fantastic!!!!

Jennifer Demartini October 25, 2010 at 5:15 pm

3 weeks!! Yay:) Cookies in an ice cream container sounds lovely:)

HEAB October 25, 2010 at 8:13 pm

Jennifer,
It was beyond lovely. :)

Heather October 25, 2010 at 6:11 pm

Oh my goodness! So close! Eeeek! I can only imagine you and CD’s excitement! Adorable little onesie and bib! J.G. did well! So sweet of here!

Namaste Gurl October 25, 2010 at 6:19 pm

Awwwh, Heather, that bib and onsie for little HEABlet are absolutely precious :) I can totally see her in those little booties and a cute little dress with leggings! I can’t WAIT to see pictures of the little noodle :)

And that coconut ice-cream– holy guac! Don’t know if my wallet can afford, but I’ll sure make my own version a la my Vita :)

HEAB October 25, 2010 at 8:14 pm

Namaste,
I know! At almost $6 a pint, it’s definitely only an occasional treat. :(

Mimi (Gingersnaps) October 25, 2010 at 6:29 pm

I think I’m going to be experimenting with many roast chicken recipes for the rest of the semester. I can see myself making a lot of in in London, when I don’t want to spend too much time cooking throughout the week.

Oh my gosh, those s’more muffins were amazing. The Cookies and Cream flavor was the best.

I use all sorts of salad dressings. When I make a salad topped with kippers or sardines, however, I like to go with a dressing made from ketchup and horseradish mustard. Om nom nom.

HEAB October 25, 2010 at 8:16 pm

Mimi,
I have a can of sardines, and your ketchup + horseradish mustard combo sounds like the perfect topper. Cookies and Cream muffin?!? I want…as I soon as I finish sucking every bit of dark meat and skin off my next chicken. ;)

Melissa- I Never Imagined October 25, 2010 at 6:57 pm

Ahh! 3 weeks!! So exciting! I totally respect you for keeping your birth plans private. It’s none of our business! You will definitely hear some opinions whether you invite them or not, but I hope you can just ignore them and focus on doing your own thing, like every other mama out there! I think people forget how they felt when they had opinions being thrown at them too. We just hope you’re all happy and healthy and can’t wait to see pics of the bub!!

HEAB October 25, 2010 at 8:16 pm

Melissa,
Thanks so much for the encouragement and love. :)

Dani October 25, 2010 at 7:03 pm

I totally get it… I never wanted to talk about my birth plans either, at least not until we had our little one out safe and sound! We opted to do a home birth and I know there are 101 different opinions on the matter so I felt it was best to keep that decision our own (pre-baby!). Whatever your plan is, you’re gonna be great… what an exciting time you are about to enter (and are in!!). So happy for you:)

HEAB October 25, 2010 at 8:18 pm

Dani,
I think that’s awesome you did a home birth! I used to think the whole idea was crazy, but after all the research I’ve done, my opinion on the matter has completely changed. I bet it was an amazing experience!

Dani October 25, 2010 at 9:03 pm

Ya know what… it was amazing and it was crazy! But hey – birth is a crazy AND amazing thing;)

Kristen October 25, 2010 at 7:37 pm

So I secretly loved today’s gross weather! ;) Where do you go to yoga in Nashville?

Oh and congrats on the upcoming baby—I can tell just from your blog, that you are going to be a great mother!!

HEAB October 25, 2010 at 8:20 pm

Thanks so much Kristen. :) I kind of liked today’s weather as well – very fall like. Overcast but not too cold – perfect for Halloween. Nashville has some wonderful yoga studios, but my favorite is Sanctuary for Yoga in Green Hills. The instructors are wonderful – Jessalynn is my favorite. Let me know if you ever want to go!

Jenny October 25, 2010 at 7:56 pm

I love coconut milk, but I’ve yet to try the coconut milk ice cream! I should try this soon : )

HEAB October 25, 2010 at 8:20 pm

Jenny,
Yes, you should. :) It’s quite pricey but definitely a nice occasional treat.

Rachael October 25, 2010 at 8:41 pm

Happy that you’ve decided to keep the birth plan to yourself – when it comes to babies, everyone has an opinion, and the blog world tends to have triplefold the number of suggestions and ideas!
Teff cookies – hadn’t thought of that, but some experimenting might be in order!
Enjoy this time!

HEAB October 26, 2010 at 9:02 am

Thanks for the support Rachael, and yes, try some teff cookies. They are divine! :)

BroccoliHut October 25, 2010 at 9:08 pm

Ooh! Super-cute onesie and bib, but I particularly love those tiny boots!

HEAB October 26, 2010 at 9:02 am

BroccoliHut,
I know – wish they made them in adult sizes. :)

Gina October 25, 2010 at 10:05 pm

So glad you liked the salad dressing and that you tried it with the chicken & avocado! I think that will be dinner tomorrow night…

Good luck with the birth of the HEABlet! You are right – have the plan in your head, but stay open to whatever may have to occur to ensure a healthy birth. Babies have a way of not following what we want them to do! Your midwife will give you lots of support for your birth plan, I am sure.

HEAB October 26, 2010 at 9:01 am

Gina,
Thanks for your supportive words and of course for your salad dressing recipe. It was delicious! :)

Kristen @ Kristen, Sweetly October 25, 2010 at 10:27 pm

No anxiety!!!

Sending calm, happy vibes your way, lady. I’m sure you guys are working on the best plan for you, and that’s all that matters. :-) This is so exciting, oh my goodness.

HEAB October 26, 2010 at 9:00 am

Thanks Kristen. That means a lot. :)

Kim October 25, 2010 at 11:05 pm

Such cute gifts! Love it! Totally agree with you on the privacy factor. I remember “sharing” our birth plan with family and everyone had to chime in. When in reality, my birth plan went right out the window when Bella was born at 32 weeks. No crib, nothing ready, no birth plan. You know what? We did just fine, and you and CD will as well! As long as you have a happy, healthy little girl and Mama, really, does anything else matter? Ummm, nope!

HEAB October 26, 2010 at 9:00 am

Kim,
Agreed. THANK YOU! :)

maya @ finding balance in tokyo October 25, 2010 at 11:35 pm

It’s so crazy that you are just a few weeks away from welcoming the HEABlet into the world. I’ve been reading your blog since long before you got pregnant and I feel like I’ve been along for the whole amazing ride. It’s so strange!

Good luck, and I look forward to heading about her birth!

HEAB October 26, 2010 at 8:57 am

Thanks for reading and for all your support Maya. :)

Casey Thomas October 26, 2010 at 1:57 am

Yum!! I am definitely going to try that pumpkin spice drink! Sounds divine!
Thanks Heather!

HEAB October 26, 2010 at 8:57 am

Casey,
Welcome. Enjoy! :)

Maryea @ Happy Healthy Mama October 26, 2010 at 6:03 am

This will probably be the longest and shortest three weeks of your life. :-) Wow your pumpkin drink sounds amazing. Simple yet delicious.

Paige @ Running Around Normal October 26, 2010 at 6:40 am

How freakin’ sweet is Janetha?! What a doll. So cute, too! Love the bib :)
Hope yoga was just what you needed!

HEAB October 26, 2010 at 8:55 am

Thanks Paige, it was. :)

Susannah October 26, 2010 at 9:14 am

Hi Heather, fellow Nashvillian here. Saw that you already have a consultation set up with a doctor, but if you don’t go with him, I highly recommend Green Hills Peds (right above Sweet CeCe’s). No alternative medicine, but they have been wonderful since the birth of our son. Our doc is Dr Travis Walters, but I’ve met all of them. We ran into some problems a week after our son was born, and the compassion and care they showed was beyond anything I’ve ever experienced at a doctor’s office. Just FYI!

HEAB October 26, 2010 at 9:31 am

Hey Susannah,
Yes, I’ve heard really good things about Green Hills Peds from another friend and all of my husband’s coworkers take there kids there as well. We’re definitely going to look into the practice. Thanks for the tip and for reading my blog.
P.S. Is it sad that the thought of having my pediatrician above Sweet CeCe’s gets me excited for frozen yogurt every time we have a doctor’s apt? ;)

Joelle (The Pancake Girl) October 26, 2010 at 5:33 pm

Ah, so exciting! And the little Heablet is going to be extremely well dressed. :-D

Thanks for posting that lovely pumpkin latte recipe- must try asap!

HEAB October 26, 2010 at 10:19 pm

Joelle,
You’re welcome. Enjoy. :)

Melissa R November 2, 2010 at 9:53 am

Heather…you’re going to do great! Remember your body is perfectly designed to birth this baby girl…I know you already know that :) ! Sending prayers your way <3

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 11:08 am

Thanks so much Melissa. Prayers are greatly appreciated. :)