We received another very thoughtful gift for the HEABlet…and her parents too. 🙂
Emilia, my favorite Namaste Gurl sent the HEABlet this adorable apron (although, I think with leggings and a little onesie, it would make a really cute dress!) and some local goodies from her hometown of Santa Cruz, including apples from her own backyard. Thanks so much sweet Emilia!
I knew immediately what I would do with the apples…
Emilia, the apples were so good – I took a few bites while chopping, so sweet and crisp. Perfect for applesauce!
First applesauce recipe? HEABified Oaties. Yep, sometimes even my own recipes need a little HEAB touch. 😉
- 1 cup toasted rolled oats
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4 squares Bakers unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 TBSP Nutmeric (any nut butter will do, but the Nutmeric gave the cookies a bit of a spicy kick)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg, cloves, and ginger
- Pre-heat oven to 325°.
- Combine all ingredients and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Scoop cookie dough by TBSP (I actually use a melon ball scooper) onto parchment or Silpat lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes, and then I just pick them up and form into balls before placing on cooling rack.
I LOVE these cookies. They probably aren’t something I’d make for friends as they are not very sweet, but they’re perfect for me. Love the blend of spices too.
The plan for breakfast was some kind of applesauce pancake, but honestly, I’m just not very hungry this morning. So, in honor Pancake Sunday, I’ll leave you with a favorite pancake recipe from a few months ago. Enjoy and Happy Halloween!
Cherry Frosted Pancakes (Gluten and Dairy Free, Low Carb)