Leftover Candy?

by HEAB on November 1, 2010

Good morning and Happy All Saints’ Day. Hope everyone enjoyed a fun and festive Halloween. CD and I had a low key day which was really nice and then handed out candy together in-between football games and a big pot of CD’s Almond Butter Chili. I also got in good long walk with the dogs and snapped a few photos of our neighbor’s decorations. They really get into the Halloween thing around here…

IMG_6487.JPG IMG_6491.JPG
IMG_6490.JPG IMG_6499.JPG
IMG_6498.JPG IMG_6496.JPG
IMG_6495.JPG IMG_6500.JPG
Chris and I handed out Hershey’s Special Dark chocolate nuggets with almonds and had hardly any left. However, there were a few pieces still in the bowl this morning, and I decided on a Halloween candy themed breakfast. :)

IMG_6502.JPG IMG_6501.JPG
I made a flourless egg crepe, filled with 2 of the chocolates and some peanut butter.

So good, especially the bites with crunchy almonds. I felt like I was sitting in a Parisian cafe enjoying a very decadent breakfast. Washed it down with some Floradix, and now I’ve got a mug of raspberry leaf tea brewing. Looks like it’s a beautiful day outside, and the pups are begging for their walk. See you later. :)

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg November 1, 2010 at 8:46 am

Haha, our neighbors get SUPER into Halloween decorations too. I think we will once we have kiddos…I feel kind of silly going all out with the decor with just me and hub!

HEAB November 1, 2010 at 2:50 pm

Anna,
Yeah, me too. My decorations consisted of 2 fake pumpkins on the front porch. Guess we’ll have to actually carve some real ones next year. :)

Annie@stronghealthyfit November 1, 2010 at 8:47 am

Love it- I skipped the candy this year but I had some other treats!

Nicole (Picky Nicky) November 1, 2010 at 8:48 am

Those crepes look awesome!
I love how you handed out dark chocolates, I wish more houses gave out GOOD CHOCOLATES :D And not random sour patch kids and twizzlers..
Have a great day,
Nicky

HEAB November 1, 2010 at 2:51 pm

Nicky,
I have to be honest…we handed out the dark chocolate for very selfish reasons. OK, one in particular – LEFTOVERS! ;)

Christina @ ilovefetacheese November 1, 2010 at 8:50 am

That crepe (creepy as I call them) looks amazingggggggggg :) Making CD’s chili again this week >>>>addict!!

HEAB November 1, 2010 at 2:52 pm

Christina,
Haha – enjoy your chili. It had been weeks since CD had made it. Oh my gosh, it tasted so good last night, and he made a double batch so that we get it again tonight. The leftover are always so much better! :)

Victoria (District Chocoholic) November 1, 2010 at 8:53 am

I think you should try that with the O&S Cinn-Chili bar :) .

HEAB November 1, 2010 at 2:54 pm

Victoria,
Yes, I think I should. :)

Victoria (District Chocoholic) November 1, 2010 at 7:16 pm

Or, try the O&S in a microwave cornmeal muffin. I figured out today that what I need to put that Cinn-Chili bar in is savory cornmeal cookies. New life mission.

Christin L. November 1, 2010 at 8:57 am

I love Halloween decorations… a lot of our neighbors went all out as well! :)

Jessica @ How Sweet November 1, 2010 at 9:00 am

Wow! Those are some wild decorations. We have a few houses that go all out as well!

Alina @ Duty Free Foodie November 1, 2010 at 9:07 am

That crepe looks so good! I always have major issues when I try to make crepes with fillings. They tend to fall apart on me, leading to Kitchen Turrets.

HEAB November 1, 2010 at 2:57 pm

Alina – too funny. I’ve had my moments as well – usually involving pancakes that I try to flip too early. It’s not pretty. ;) Oh, and don’t even get me started on the time I turned on the blender without the lid…I think I’m still finding chia seeds stuck to the bottom of our cabinets, and it was over a year ago!

Holly @ couchpotatoathlete November 1, 2010 at 9:08 am

You handed out some good candy — I love the dark choc ones with almonds — yum!

My parents have a neighbor who have tons of Halloween decorations too. I remember trick or treating at their house when I was younger — they would set up a free haunted house in their garage and everything!

HEAB November 1, 2010 at 2:59 pm

Holly,
Yeah, we were completely selfish when choosing Halloween candy this year…hoping for lots of leftovers. ;) Love that our neighbors used to set up a haunted house – that’s great. I would have loved that as a kid!

Alex @ Spoonful of Sugar Free November 1, 2010 at 9:09 am

Happy Halloween! My little brother went trick-or-treating ast night as Harry Potter, and got a truck-load of candy!! SOme people were giving out King-Sized Chocolates!! Haha! Some people were really creative, too ;)

HEAB November 1, 2010 at 3:01 pm

Alex,
Oh gosh – I feel totally stingy now. We only bought one bag of mini chocolate bars, and so I only gave out one each to the trick-or-treaters as I would afraid we might run out…hope none of our other neighbors were giving out King-sized bars! ;)

Alex @ Spoonful of Sugar Free November 1, 2010 at 4:49 pm

Haha!! Don’t feel stingy :) Say that you are giving them less candy on purpose so that they don’t have a sugar overload!!! :)

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) November 1, 2010 at 9:12 am

Our friends decorate like crazy for halloween. It is quite amazing! I am glad you are taking some time to enjoy each other! Next year, you will have a little one to dress up!

HEAB November 1, 2010 at 3:02 pm

Sarena,
I know – I can’t wait! :)

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday November 1, 2010 at 9:19 am

Wow, that looks like an awesome neighbourhood to go trick or treating in!

We handed out Reese and Oh! Henry and Zombie Brain Shots to the parents

Natalia - a side of simple November 1, 2010 at 9:29 am

I can’t wait until you’re dressing up the little HEABlet in costume :) I’m thinking a jar of almond butter wouldn’t be pushing it too far at all! And Happy All Saints’ Day to you too, Heather!

HEAB November 1, 2010 at 3:05 pm

Natalia,
Oh my gosh, I never thought of that – totally should dress the HEABlet up as a jar of almond butter – do you think she’d forgive me? :)

gigi November 1, 2010 at 9:31 am

I tried your flourless crepe this morning with AB an frozen banana, it was delicious thanks for the inspiration!

HEAB November 1, 2010 at 3:05 pm

Gigi,
You’re welcome. So glad you enjoyed the recipe. :)

Jenny R. November 1, 2010 at 9:36 am

mm chocolate :) After seeing your post yesterday I’m dying to make some applesauce and then those cookies

HEAB November 1, 2010 at 3:05 pm

Jenny,
Do it! :)

Colleen Stewart November 1, 2010 at 9:45 am

I love the flourless crepes! I must try your new combo. We always have the special dark chocolate w/almonds in our house. My husband has to eat two nuggets every night! In fact I think he was getting nervous about us running out of candy last night so that we didn’t have to dig into his stash :)

HEAB November 1, 2010 at 3:07 pm

Colleen,
I don’t blame your husband for getting nervous. We totally bought the Hershey dark chocolate hoping for leftovers…next year we need to buy a bigger bag. Gosh, those things are good!

Liz @ Tip Top Shape November 1, 2010 at 9:51 am

What a wonderful way to use up leftover candy!

Ashlee (AshandLewPlus2) November 1, 2010 at 9:51 am

I think I know what I will be having for breakfast tomorrow! Or maybe lunch today…

My family came through Nashville last week but Lew and both babies had the stomach virus :( so I didn’t want to be spreading that to you and the Heablet or I would have been giving you a call! It is getting so close and I am so happy for you! Maybe we can have a blogger and baby meet up when we come back through around New Years!

HEAB November 1, 2010 at 3:07 pm

Ashlee,
I would love that. :)

Monica November 1, 2010 at 9:53 am

I have one word for your breakfast: OUTSTANDING!!!! (drooling on my end)
:D

lindsay (goodiesgalore November 1, 2010 at 9:53 am

heablet is so lucky to have such a creative mother. she will eat well for life!

Stephanie November 1, 2010 at 9:55 am

Love it! We partied at the first house you pictured last night and had a great time :)

HEAB November 1, 2010 at 3:08 pm

Stephanie,
Hope you guys enjoyed your Halloween – CD and I will definitely have to join in the Richland festivities next year! :)

chocolate-covered katie November 1, 2010 at 10:11 am

I finally got around to trying your microwave idea on my single lady cupcake. Soooooooo awesome! I’m going to blog about your genius idea later this week. Perhaps I should just call it HEAB week on my blog lol.
I’m thinking next up might have to be a savory version, like with broccoli and nut yeast or maybe even pizza cupcakes… ah, and now I can try all my ideas in 2 minutes or less. Love you! :)

HEAB November 1, 2010 at 3:09 pm

CCK,
HEAB week – I like the sound of that. ;) So glad the micro version worked for you. I think your oven baked version probably has more of a muffin-like texture, but once you throw in some ice-cream, does it really matter? Nah. ;) Love the pizza cupcake idea – a little fresh basil or pesto with some pizza sauce? Yum! You’re brilliant my friend.

Tangy @ A Taste of Tangy November 1, 2010 at 10:18 am

Looks good! I picked out all the Hersheys from the kids’ candy and I plan on crushing it up to put in my oatmeal along with some peanut butter–it is my new obsession and I’m out of chocolate chips! I’d love to do some outdoor decorating one day–maybe once my kids and my dog are a little older!

HEAB November 1, 2010 at 3:10 pm

Tangy,
I debated between the crepe and oatmeal this morning. Perhaps tomorrow, I’ll go with a bowl of Hershey’s oats…if there are any Hersheys left. ;)

Heather (Heather's Dish) November 1, 2010 at 10:19 am

perfect idea…i know what breakfast will be tomorrow since i forgot to bring the leftovers to work today!

Dana November 1, 2010 at 10:31 am

You are too creative! I wo uld never think to do that <3

HEAB November 1, 2010 at 3:11 pm

Dana,
Nah, just hungry and craving chocolate. :)

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun November 1, 2010 at 10:34 am

Looks yummy! We have so much leftover candy. I will be finding many different ways to use it…like some trailmix.

grocery goddess jen November 1, 2010 at 10:34 am

I didn’t have candy since we get no trick or treaters, so none in my bowl this morning!

Erika @ Food.Fitness.Fun November 1, 2010 at 10:42 am

I’ve been wanting to make your flourless crepes for a long time but I keep forgetting! Maybe sometime this week…?
What is your favorite crepe filler?

eml November 1, 2010 at 11:10 am

I’m not HEAB ;) …but just had to say – anything with goat cheese!! :)

HEAB November 1, 2010 at 3:12 pm

Erika,
My two favorite combos are avocado + strawberry jam or goat cheese + jam (red pepper jelly goes great with goat cheese!). Something about that sweet savory combo that is so good! However, you really can’t go wrong with the chocolate/PB combo either. :)

Steph - VegFortWorth November 1, 2010 at 10:52 am

Your breakfast sounds fantastic! We didn’t buy candy or have trick-or-treaters and just had a mellow Halloween evening of baked potatoes for dinner and Buffy on the TV. :-)

HEAB November 1, 2010 at 3:13 pm

Steph,
Sounds like a nice evening to me. :)

eml November 1, 2010 at 11:08 am

I agree with the others – you give out some good candy!! I keep the good stuff for myself…;). Love the sound of being in a Parisian cafe…anywhere but here would be just fine right about now ;)

HEAB November 1, 2010 at 3:14 pm

eml,
We picked the dark chocolate for purely selfish reasons…leftovers! :)

Namaste Gurl November 1, 2010 at 11:38 am

First off, Happy day- after- Halloween! Can’t believe it’s November already- where the heck did October go? I tell you, these months are FLYING by :)

Second, I love that the jar of good ol’ PB has a big dent in it. Glad you’re enjoying it (and CD, too!) even though you’re trying to stay away from peanuts. I went through a 32 oz. Marantha almond butter in about a week and a half!

HEAB November 1, 2010 at 3:15 pm

Namaste Gurl,
Love that PB, and CD hasn’t touched it. That big dent is all me. Thanks again! :)

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey November 1, 2010 at 11:45 am

That looks like a delicious breakfast! Your neighbors really do get into halloween! We really don’t, but my mom keeps telling me to “wait until I have kids” because we will be!

HEAB November 1, 2010 at 3:16 pm

Chelsey,
Yeah, I’m thinking the 2 fake pumpkins I threw out on the porch won’t really do next year when the HEABlet is here. We might have to actually carve something. ;)

Katie November 1, 2010 at 11:49 am

Holy pumpkins at your neighbors!!! Where do they find the time for that?!?!

My stomach just growled a little upon seeing that crepe. :)

HEAB November 1, 2010 at 3:17 pm

Katie,
Honestly, I think most of them hire professionals. Our decorations consisted of 2 plastic pumpkins on the front porch. We’ll have to do better next year. :)

Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather November 1, 2010 at 12:03 pm

Now that’s a breakfast that’ll start your day off right.

HEAB November 1, 2010 at 3:18 pm

Heather,
Trust me, it did. :)

Bridget November 1, 2010 at 1:01 pm

Chocolate in the morning is great! I may or may not have had some this morning hehe ;)

Kimberly November 1, 2010 at 1:08 pm

Perfect~I was coming to your blog to look for the flourless crepe recipe and I didn’t even have to search for it! Thanks :) I’m gonna make one with refried beans and non-dairy cheese.

HEAB November 1, 2010 at 3:18 pm

Kimberly,
Always happy to help spread the flourless crepe love. Hope you enjoyed! :)

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) November 1, 2010 at 1:38 pm

“raspberry leaf tea brewing” = good for toning the uterus

“decided on a Halloween candy themed breakfast” = good for the soul!

I posted a recipe just now that uses up random halloween candy, too. Mine isn’t as “healthy” as yours, no one could confuse it for breakfast ever but hey, that’s ok :)

We had a great HWeen with Skylar and I just got all my pics posted and up. So glad you guys had a mellow time because next year….it wont be as mellow!

Have a great Nov!!!

Megan (Braise The Roof) November 1, 2010 at 1:42 pm

I love that I’ve been seeing Halloween candy incorporated into people’s meals this morning! Although you’re the first to go the egg route ;) Your neighbors are intense with all those decorations- I won’t lie, sometimes I miss living in a house and looking at all of the neighborhood decor and having trick or treaters! It doesn’t happen in my condo building (since we have secure entry).

HEAB November 1, 2010 at 3:19 pm

Megan,
Yeah, I figured most people would be going the oatmeal + candy route, and so I had to shake things up here on HEAB. :)

Mary @ Bites and Bliss November 1, 2010 at 2:33 pm

Whoa, the rack of carved pumpkins is awesome..did they do those all by themsevles?!

Y’all were risky handing out candy you actually like :P I always give out stuff I don’t care for..that way I’m not tempted to eat it all waiting for trick or treaters! haha

HEAB November 1, 2010 at 3:22 pm

Mary,
Let’s just say I was very good last night, but so grateful for the leftovers! Been enjoying a little Hershey’s loving today for sure. :) I think the all the pumpkins were part of some sort of neighborhood contest or something. Pretty cool, huh? Wish I could have seen them all lit up.

Felicia (a taste of health with balance) November 1, 2010 at 3:02 pm

delicious looking crepe! those are some crazy decorations. they go all out over here too.. i just like pumpkins and leaf plates :)

HEAB November 1, 2010 at 3:23 pm

Felicia,
Yeah, I kept it pretty simple too – two plastic pumpkins on the front porch. Easy and no clean up involved! I’m lazy that way. :)

Erika November 1, 2010 at 3:15 pm

Wow….my husband and I also handed out candy and ate CD’s Almond Butter Chili for dinner :) lol.

HEAB November 1, 2010 at 3:23 pm

Erika,
Great minds think alike. :)

Lisa Torres November 1, 2010 at 3:23 pm

YUM…. I survived my first not even a bite of candy Halloween!! No more candy for me ever:( all has corn..and I I just recently found out allergic to corn as well as gluten… UGH..corn is in EVERYTHING…but I survived because I made the grainfree bread..used Justin’s maple almond butter :) Yum…and then I warmed the bread up in the toaster put Naturally Nutty Mocha peanut butter on top as well as artisan cocoa bliss!! SUPER YUM… even had some brave ones at our party try it and love it…with the Got MILK request….LOL!! Thank you so much for all your great recipes…going to make the applesauce right now!!

HEAB November 1, 2010 at 10:03 pm

Lisa,
I would have chosen your grain free bread with mocha PB and cacao bliss any day over Halloween candy! Sounds like a heavenly combo to me, and I’m so glad you as well as some of your guests enjoyed it. You’re very generous – I wouldn’t have wanted to share. ;)

Halley (Blunder Construction) November 1, 2010 at 3:41 pm

The decorations in your neighbor’s yards are awesome! It looks like an ideal neighborhood for trick-or-treating. Few & far between it seems. Would be great for the HEABlet in a few years!

HEAB November 1, 2010 at 10:04 pm

Halley,
I know – every time I took my dogs on a walk this month, I felt like we were on a haunted house tour. :)

Lea @ Healthy Coconut November 1, 2010 at 3:46 pm

What a relaxing day…candies, chilis & football. I had bat pancakes yesterday to start with and then ended it at Disneyland with Halloween themed fireworks.

Your neighborhood is very festive, I love it. When I run around my neighborhood, I take pictures too but sometimes I actually go up the driveway and take closer pictures, lol! Some of them are really creative and I just want to take pictures and remember it for next year.

HEAB November 1, 2010 at 10:05 pm

Lea,
Bat pancakes – I love it! Sounds like you had a great Halloween and good idea to take photos for a little inspiration the following year. I should really do that.

Kelly November 1, 2010 at 4:01 pm

Chocolate and eggs…I am going to have to trust you on that one! haha! :)

HEAB November 1, 2010 at 10:05 pm

Kelly,
Trust me – ’twas very good. :)

zoe (and the beatles) November 1, 2010 at 4:20 pm

oh.my.GOD.

seriously…that looks DEVINE. and since i just starting eating eggs again (today, actually!) i might try this in the future!

and on a complete sidenote: i would really like to thank you, heather, for helping me see how unfairly i was treating my body. i was depriving it of the food it craved simply because i wanted to be vegan. but your post a few months ago (i think it was!) about why you eat the way you do and the different types of diets you tried out while determining what worked for you best really motivated me to see what was working for my body and what wasn’t. and you know what? i think i really need eggs to function! thanks for jump starting my path to new health, i really appreciate it! have a lovely monday :)

HEAB November 1, 2010 at 10:07 pm

Zoe,
Wow – what a comment. So glad you’re are really trying to listen to your body and that you feel good about the decisions you are making for yourself. That makes me truly happy. Enjoy your eggs…I highly recommend eating them with nut butter and chocolate. :)

Jen @ keepitsimplefoods November 1, 2010 at 4:29 pm

That breakfast combo just might be scarier than the halloween decorations! I would chalk it up to crazy pregnancy cravings, but I’ve got a sneaking suspicion that you would happily scarf this any day of the week, pregnant or no. Hee hee. My stomach is a nervous wreck in the morning and I can barely choke down bland oatmeal or cereal. Keep up the entertaining food combos! Love it!

HEAB November 1, 2010 at 10:08 pm

Jen,
I’ll do my best. I must say you know me quite well. :)

Kaitlin With Honey November 1, 2010 at 4:47 pm

Heather! I have been SO behind on blog-reading lately and just spent the past hour or so catching up on your blog. I love how well you’re eating as a mom-to-be! I will definitely be following your example when the day comes (someday in the distant future, I imagine) that I get to have a baby.

HEAB November 1, 2010 at 10:09 pm

Kaitlin,
Thanks so much, and I know you’ll be doing the same for your little baby honey eater someday. :)

Dana @ my little celebration November 1, 2010 at 4:59 pm

Brilliant use of leftover Halloween candy : ) I’ll have to try your crepes some later this month as I think I OD’d on candy and cookies and am going on a sugar detox this week. Wish me luck!

HEAB November 1, 2010 at 10:09 pm

Dana,
Been there…good luck. :)

Gina November 1, 2010 at 5:38 pm

Ah, I remember drinking lots and lots of raspberry tea the last month of my pregnancy. It’s supposed to make your uterus stronger and help bring on contractions. Good thing I like tea because I drank a ton of it! Hope it helps you.

My next door neighbor had a baby just last week and dressed her up in the cutest costume for Halloween – she was a pea in the pod! How adorable is that, I ask you?!

HEAB November 1, 2010 at 10:11 pm

Gina,
Yep, drinking 3 cups a day to tone the uterus. I like it too – tastes really good to me. Love the pea in the pod costume – we actually received a newborn pea hat and booties to match. Can’t wait to see the HEABlet in them. :)

monicanelsonfitness November 1, 2010 at 5:40 pm

HEAB~ YOU ARE SO CLEVER!
What a great breakfast idea.

I am just like your neighbors, I had a Pumpkin Carving Party with 34 Pumpkins invloved. :) They are still out everywhere, hehe!

HEAB November 1, 2010 at 10:12 pm

Monica,
That’s great – I want to participate in the carving contest next year. So fun – but I’ll have to come up with something really creative. Some of those pumpkins looked amazing!

Sagan November 1, 2010 at 5:49 pm

That breakfast sounds amazing.

Yummmm.

Good choice for candy to give to trick-or-treaters!

HEAB November 1, 2010 at 10:13 pm

Sagan,
The choice of candy was motivated by completely selfish reasons…those being LEFTOVERS! :)

melissa @ the delicate place November 1, 2010 at 6:44 pm

just think…next time this year, the HEABlet will be able to dress up :)

HEAB November 1, 2010 at 10:13 pm

Melissa,
I know – can’t wait. :)

Jill November 1, 2010 at 7:27 pm

I love that you incorporated Halloween candy into your breakfast :-) I was horrified at work yesterday because I was chatting with one of the med students who said that he HATED all chocolate! He also shared with me that dark chocolate was “the worst” of the chocolates to him. I told him that chocolate was a key food to me and that I actually ate a little bit every day. We had to laugh at our drastically different opinions on the matter.

HEAB November 1, 2010 at 10:15 pm

Jill,
That is so so SO very wrong. Just don’t understand the chocolate haters out there. Oh well, just means more Ghiradelli chips for us. :) See you tomorrow!

Sandi November 1, 2010 at 7:52 pm

Oh my goodness, I don’t usually have eggs around but I am totally going out and buying some just so I can make a flourless crepe filled with chocolate and peanut butter. Mmmm.

HEAB November 1, 2010 at 10:01 pm

Sandi,
As you should. Enjoy. :)

Emily Elizabeth @ Kisses for Breakfast November 1, 2010 at 8:15 pm

I bought candy with gluten in it (twix) on purpose this year so I wouldn’t be tempted to eat the leftovers. We always have a good amount of leftovers and then I eat waaaaay too much in an effort to get rid of it.

I had to flick some peas off my plate last night and didn’t get to carving pumpkins or roasting pumpkin seeds as I planned. Our baby, Annabelle, had other plans for us – but in the end I flicked the peas and didn’t worry about where they landed on the floor. I will carve and roast next weekend. :)

HEAB November 1, 2010 at 10:15 pm

Emily,
Good for you. Flick away my friend…and I’d be happy to take any leftover Twix off your hands. ;)

BroccoliHut November 1, 2010 at 8:16 pm

Ah man! I used to love those Nuggets–I would be so pumped to be a trick-or-treater in your neighborhood:)

HEAB November 1, 2010 at 10:17 pm

BroccoliHut,
CD actually picked them out – oh my gosh, I love the Nuggets! Good thing I waited until this morning to try them or else none of the trick-or-treaters would have gotten any! ;)

Allie (Nutty FlexitALLIEan) November 1, 2010 at 8:44 pm

Omg that breakfast looks insanely delicious :-)

HEAB November 1, 2010 at 10:17 pm

Allie,
It was. :)

Lizlivingvegan November 1, 2010 at 9:52 pm

Ohhh yum!! Hershey’s were always my favorite! but this was my first vegan halloween, so no hershey’s for me! Good thing I found some tasty vegan chocolate to munch on ;)

HEAB November 1, 2010 at 10:18 pm

Liz,
Glad you found some tasty chocolate – would have made me sad if you’d had to miss out!

Kristen @ Kristen, Sweetly November 1, 2010 at 10:23 pm

All I thought when I first saw those decoration photos was, “Oh my gosh! Does her neighbor really have that many pumpkins?!” :-p

HEAB November 1, 2010 at 10:25 pm

Kristen,
Yep, he did, but I think there was some kind of pumpkin carving contest involved. :)

Ann Claire November 1, 2010 at 10:31 pm

Mmm your crepe looks great. I”ve really been wanting to try your flourless crepe. Tomorrow might just be the day!
This is totally random, but when do we get to find out the Heablet’s real name? Unless your legally going to name her Heablet :) lol

HEAB November 1, 2010 at 10:34 pm

Ann Claire,
Hope you try the crepe tomorrow – one of my favorite breakfast recipes these days! The HEABlet’s name will be revealed very very soon…hopefully within a week or two – whenever she arrives. :)

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) November 2, 2010 at 12:43 am

Holy spooks! :o Look at all those pumpkins @ your neighbor’s house, LOL. That’s freakier than the tombstones! :shock: haha

Almond butter chili sounds so good! I am running low on AB (a mortal sin, I know), I used a whole jar on almond flour rolls. Have you seen Elana Amsterdam’s almond flour cookbook? I imagine you might love it a little bit. :)

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 8:38 am

Jenn,
I love Elana’s cookbook – been dying to make her scones, and the carrot cake is amazing! :)

Shelby November 2, 2010 at 4:43 pm

I love your idea for leftover candy! I’ll have to scrounge around and see if my brothers got any dark chocolate.

Oh and can I just tell you that I ADORE your flourless crepe recipe! I’ve had it a couple times this week and it’s great! My favorite filling is daiya cheese and avocado (:

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 8:29 pm

Shelby,
So happy to hear you’re enjoying your eggs. Now you just need to find some dark chocolate! :)