We’re Ready

by HEAB on November 2, 2010

…well as ready as we can be.

My bag for the hospital is packed, and I put the baby swing together…

The pups aren’t sure what to think of the swing. Yesterday, I caught them both sitting in front of it giving it paw. Too funny.

The car seat is in, and I went by the fire station to make sure CD and I installed it correctly. I took the firemen a batch of Maple Nut Oaties made with cashew butter and then finished off what was left with some chocolate ice-cream plus an applesauce oatie in the jar.

.IMG_6513.JPG

I’ve been eating a lot of red meat as the HEABlet and I both need our iron…

Yesterday’s lunch: A Baja Burrito salad topped with brisket. I brisket.

I’ve also stocked the freezer with homemade dog treats as my family will be taking care of the pups while CD and I are at the hospital. These are so easy to make, and Einstein and Radley love them!

IMG_6511.JPG IMG_6512.JPG

Doggie Oaties

Ingredients:

2 cups rolled oats

1 cup applesauce

1 cup peanut butter

Directions:

Combine all ingredients and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes. Roll into bite sized balls and bake on parchment lined baking sheets in a 325℉ for 10 minutes.

I’ve still got a few more errands to run, but if the HEABlet should decide to arrive early, we’re good to go! Several of you have asked what we’re going to name her, but we’re keeping it a secret until she arrives. Any guesses? ;)

chocolate-covered katie November 2, 2010 at 9:15 am

Please don’t name her HEABlet. I’m begging you!
;)

chocolate-covered katie November 2, 2010 at 9:16 am

Oh, and Molly and Henry’d be all over those oaties… but if I made them, I probably wouldn’t share!

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 11:11 am

Katie,
Yeah, I am so over calling her the HEABlet. Can’t wait to share the real name with all of you. :)

kate November 2, 2010 at 2:25 pm

Cant wait until you unveil the name!!

Jen @ keepitsimplefoods November 3, 2010 at 12:52 pm

I’m so excited for you guys!

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg November 2, 2010 at 9:16 am

Ahhhh!!! You must be so excited!! The name…wow, I can’t even guess. One of my favorite names is Grace, so I’ll go with that :-)

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 11:12 am

Anna,
Love Grace as well. :)

Alina November 2, 2010 at 9:17 am

How exciting!!!

I’ve always really liked the word Clementine as a name, but it would be cruel to actually do that to a child.

Jonell November 2, 2010 at 11:02 am

My middle granddaughter is named Clementine Olivia, and it really suits her! We call her Clemmie. I have to admit that I hated the name at first, when my daughter informed me that they were naming her that, but it is actually a great name.

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 11:15 am

Jonell,
Clemmie – I love that! :)

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 11:13 am

Alina,
I love that name. It’s adorable – not cruel in my opinion. :)

Heather (Heather's Dish) November 2, 2010 at 9:17 am

deep breaths girl! you’re so close! that story about the pups is too cute…i hope they do it again so you can catch them on camera :)

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 11:16 am

Heather,
Me too – I tried to get my camera yesterday but they followed me back into the kitchen hoping for an oatie. :)

Talia @ Texas Gunslinger November 2, 2010 at 9:19 am

Heather, I got SO excited reading this post! I’ll be keeping you in my prayers for a healthy and easy delivery! You sure are on top of things and I admire you so much for that! You are already an awesome mom, before little HEABlet is born! God bless your sweet family!

Texas-sized HUGS to you all! :)

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 11:17 am

Thanks so much Talia. :)

Erin November 2, 2010 at 9:20 am

Oh, you’re oaties look so good.
But you’re salad looks incredible. Brisket is really amazing…it took almost 23 years for me to learn that! And I see guac, yum, yum. Your food always makes me happy.

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 11:18 am

Erin,
I think of you every time I eat an avocado – really, I do as you were always my avocado partner in crime. :)

Erin November 2, 2010 at 1:09 pm

That makes me happy.
I can still really pack an avocado away. I recently made some guac to go with dinner for my boyfriend and I. He commented that it looked like a ridiculous amount. I told him he would be lucky to get any of it, and sure enough, he took one spoonful and the rest was in my belly before he could think to get more.

Heather (Perspective Is Everything) November 2, 2010 at 9:21 am

dayum that baja burrito looks good!
anyway, i’m so excited for you, and excited to find out HEABlet’s name.
i’m sure it will be an appropriate and lovely name. not like a girl i went to college with-her name was
Marijuana PepsiCola Jackson. I’m so not lying.
Marijuana-if you’re reading this…..um……i love how unique your name is, yeah….he he :)
hope you’re feeling great!!

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 11:19 am

Heather,
Seriously…Marijuana PepsiCola?!? I would have legally changed my time the day I turned 18!

Heather (Perspective Is Everything) November 2, 2010 at 11:40 am

yup-only her last name has changed because she got married. she doesn’t even shorten her first name to Mary. She works in administration at the college we went to and still uses her full first name!

@stampylisa November 3, 2010 at 9:58 am

Wow. That takes chutzpah to keep a name like that. LOL! I would have taken the opportunity to rename myself to whatever I felt like at that time…..

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday November 2, 2010 at 9:22 am

I like the idea of homemade dog treats. I don’t know what kind of crap is in that stuff you buy at the store.

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 11:19 am

Samantha,
Trust me – most store bought dog treats are either full of crap or super expensive. So much easier and cheaper to just make our own. :)

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) November 2, 2010 at 9:23 am

Is it weird that the dog treats sound good? I have no idea on the name. I like your taste, so I trust you two have a perfect name picked out.

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 11:20 am

Sarena,
No…I would eat them. :)

Halley (Blunder Construction) November 2, 2010 at 9:25 am

How thrilling?! I will just guess the first letter – since this guessing game could go on all day… I think her name will start with A!! Best of best of best of luck for this existing time!

Halley (Blunder Construction) November 2, 2010 at 9:25 am

*exciting

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 11:21 am

Thanks Halley! :)

eml November 2, 2010 at 9:25 am

Wow this is going to be a ‘whole new life’ in a few more days/weeks! Hopefully you’ll sneak sometime in for bloggin’ when the hecticness dies down.

…and the Dog Treats…is it wrong that I would eat those?! :)

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 11:21 am

EML,
No, I’d totally eat them too. :)

Natalia - a side of simple November 2, 2010 at 9:29 am

Pretty sure I’m making those dog treats for myself… And I would definitely work for the fire station if I was promised some of your maple nut oaties ;)

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 11:22 am

Natalia,
Don’t think I’m not tempted to dive into those dog treats. Honestly, I think they would taste great warm and served over vanilla bean ice-cream with cinnamon…and that is NOT the HEABlet talking. ;)

Alyssa November 2, 2010 at 9:32 am

I’m guessing her name will be Alyssa :-) Just a shot in the dark!

I was named after Alyssa Milano when she was in Who’s the Boss…my dad thought she was adorable and found the name to be unique…it is a bit more popular now! But don’t understimate it…it will ALWAYS be mispronounced!

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 11:22 am

Alyssa,
I always loved Sam. :)

Sami November 2, 2010 at 9:33 am

awh! you are SO ready. :)

i can’t wait to see the post that says “we’re off to the hospital”! lol.
although that’s likely NOT going to be the first thing you think of doing when you go into labor ;)
xo.

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 11:23 am

Sami,
You never know with me. Just as long as my mom hears the news first – she would die if I blogged before calling her. Hehe. ;)

sweeter salt November 2, 2010 at 9:34 am

Oh how exciting! I always find it interesting when a couple that has dogs brings the new baby home. Seeing how the pups react can be so cute! I’m sure they’ll love their new little sister!

I recently made my dog pumpkin peanut butter cookies – he loves them! (recipe: http://sweetersalt.com/2010/10/27/pumpkin-peanut-butter-dog-cookies/) Super easy and healthy.

Laura

Jenn (eating bender) November 2, 2010 at 9:36 am

I’M SO EXCITED FOR YOU FIVE!

Yes I am also including Einstein and Radley. Those Oaties look wonderful!

I am trying to think of a name that flows with the HEABlet’s last name. I’m going to go with Isabella or Ava. Both gorgeous names! But I am sure whatever it truly is will be beautiful and perfect, too.

Have fun you two – enjoy the ride. ;)

Sandy November 2, 2010 at 10:10 am

I love the name Isabella!

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 11:24 am

Jenn,
Thanks for including Einstein and Radley…as they will always be our little babies. :) Love Ava and Isabella. Both beautiful names. Hope you’re enjoying married life!

Anita Ruiz November 2, 2010 at 9:40 am

Your food always looks so delicious!!
I am not very creative when it comes to name guessing but I was wondering do you plan on making your own baby food. I was shopping in William Sonoma yesterday and saw this really cool gadget that makes homemade baby food. I am far from having a baby but I wanted to buy it so bad!

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 11:26 am

Anita,
A friend gave me the Williams Sonoma baby food cookbooks, and told me about that gadget. However, she said if I have a Vita-Mix that I don’t really need it, and yes, I plan on making all of the HEABlet’s food from scratch. Can’t wait! :)

Steph - VegFortWorth November 2, 2010 at 9:40 am

Looks like you’re ready to go! :-) I bet the firemen appreciated the oaties–who wouldn’t! I may have to make some of those doggie oaties for my mother-in-law’s five Corgis.

Lara (Thinspired) November 2, 2010 at 9:43 am

Oh, you know I’m ALL OVER those homemade dog treats, right? :) Lulu (and probably Matthew) will love them!

I know it’s random, but I have the name Hazel in my brain for you guys. It’s feminine, soft, and a little bit country, right? :)

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 11:27 am

Lara,
I watched the Lulu video on your blog, and I’ve been meaning to tell you she is sooo freaking cute…oh and look way too beautiful at 6 AM. ;) Love the name Hazel…definitely the perfect amount of country.

Holly @ couchpotatoathlete November 2, 2010 at 9:45 am

Ok those dog treats sound good to me :)
I’m so glad you went to the fire station about the car seat!

Guesses of HEABlet’s name: Almond? Coco (short for Coconut)?

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 11:29 am

Holly – yes, the fireman was so helpful. We had the car seat in correctly, but he made sure everything was secure. I feel so much better about it now. :)

kathleen November 2, 2010 at 9:47 am

oh man. i am 33 weeks and we still don’t have a name… eee. i do agree about not revealing it until she is born though. that way people can’t make um, interesting comments. plus it’s a fun surprise. =)

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 11:29 am

Kathleen,
No worries – you still have time, and besides, so many people have told me we need to see the baby first – make sure the name suits her. :)

Danielle Discovers November 2, 2010 at 9:47 am

I am definitely trying those dog treats for my two pups! As for brisket, i’ve never tried it. What does it resemble? I’ve been vegetarian for the better part of 10 years and just recently found my body craving meat, so i gave in and i have to admit, I feel great!

i’ll guess with a unique name I would choose myself,… Avery!

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 11:32 am

Danielle,
Your pups will love the treats. Mine go crazy for them, and they are so simple to make. As far as brisket goes, oh my goodness, you must try it. If cooked correctly, it is so tender and should cut easily with nothing but a fork. Love it prepared in a slow cooker with BBQ sauce. Happy to hear you’re listening to what your body needs and feeling good! :)

Melanie November 2, 2010 at 9:48 am

I’m loving the name Ramona right now, but Joey is adamant against it. I don’t know why. It’s pretty!

I’m sure that you guys have picked out a beautiful name:)…can’t wait to find out, but I think I’d keep it a secret, too.

Now, we just need you to whip up some homemade-HEABified cat treats…Shelli would be glad to be your taste-tester;).

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 11:33 am

Melanie,
I love Ramona as well – reminds me of one of my favorite children’s book characters – Ramona Quimby. Did you ever read those books?

Melanie November 2, 2010 at 11:44 am

Yes!! I loved them!! In fact, I just referenced them the other day to a coworker whose son keeps making a mess with the toothpaste. Remember the book where she squeezed the entire tube into the sink? Or when she wore her pajamas to school under her clothes and got overheated?? You’ve brought back some memories today:-)

Christin L. November 2, 2010 at 9:49 am

Based on your maternity photos, I think her name is Joy. :)

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 11:33 am

Christin,
Oooh, good guess. :)

Kristen November 2, 2010 at 9:50 am

Oh boy, I am so excited for you!!!!

Heather November 2, 2010 at 9:51 am

The story about your dogs is so cute! We are due to have our little girl November 17, so we have everything set up and ready to go as well. Unfortunately both our cats think that the bassinet and the changing table are just new beds for themselves. We catch them sleeping there on a daily basis. :)

No idea on her name. We are naming our little girl Emmeline, and calling her Elly for short!

Best of luck to you for a quick and easy delivery!

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 11:38 am

Heather,
Hilarious about the cats. Unfortunately, we have to keep the nursery gated and the dogs are not allowed in there because it’s carpeted. Otherwise, have a feeling our youngest pup would somehow find her way into the crip. :) Love love LOVE Emmeline – so pretty, and Elly is perfect. :) Best of luck to you as well! Please keep me posted.

Ana November 2, 2010 at 9:51 am

Even the dog treats you make look good Heather!
I am here with all the positive thoughts going your way on these final weeks, wishing for an easy labor, and that the HEABlet arrives healthy and happy!
I think the baby’s name starts with D, and I am basing my guess on something I saw in one of your posts…

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 11:39 am

Thanks so much Ana! :)

Tabitha November 2, 2010 at 9:54 am

Oh your comments will go into meltdown when you have this baby!
Thanks for taking us on the journey. Best wishes to you and CD

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 11:42 am

Tabitha,
Thanks for joining me…or I guess I should say “us”. :)

Jessica @ How Sweet November 2, 2010 at 9:57 am

You are SO ready!

Cindy November 2, 2010 at 9:57 am

Gosh I’ve been thinking about you. BOTH my kiddos came early so in my mind it could be anytime. …just wanted to say, before your life gets crazy and hectic (and amazing)
to just soak it all in…you’re gonna love motherhood and I know you and your husband will make great parents!

and REST. REST REST REST. those late nights can wear on you.
did I say REST??

I’m printing your oatie recipe right now. YUM.
ps…I love that you mentioned you had your carseat checked out by the fire dept. I learned you could do that WAY after we started using one…and my mcgyver husband installed it so I wasn’t really worried but when it’s all new..it can be scary. GOOD FOR YOU, and also for letting other new mom’s know that.

Can’t wait to meet Heablet!!!!

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 11:44 am

Cindy,
Yes, so many of friends delivered their first a week or two early, and so I’ve been frantically trying to get everything ready just in case but also trying to get in plenty of rest. Sleeping rather well these days – I think it’s mostly do to the fact that my to-do list is almost complete – FINALLY! :)

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun November 2, 2010 at 9:58 am

That is one of the BEST feelings that you are ready for the hospital. I remember we finished a lot of things we needed done on a Friday late night. Had to head to the hospital on Monday.

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 11:45 am

Tina,
I know – I feel so much better. Sleeping really well too now that everything is finally in place. Trying to get in all the rest I can. :)

aubrey @ italktofood November 2, 2010 at 9:58 am

I am so excited for you! Are you still going to blog when she arrives?

I would say Aubrey would be neat ;)

Have you heard the song “Aubrey” by Bread? That’s how my mom came up with my name.

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 11:46 am

Aubrey,
No, I’m not familiar with that song, but I’ve always loved your name. I think it’s beautiful, and yes, I still plan to blog post-HEABlet but not sure how often. Blogging has been one of the most rewarding things I’ve ever done, and I would miss all of you guys so much. So yeah, I still be around. :)

Alex @ Spoonful of Sugar Free November 2, 2010 at 10:03 am

Oh!!! I am so excited for you! The swing looks adorable ;)

Be calm, Breathe, Smile!!!!

Hands in Namaste November 2, 2010 at 10:04 am

Maybe you should just name her heablet…that’s what we all call her anyway…!

Sending you lots of love and light Heather!

Marina November 2, 2010 at 10:08 am

I think you should obviously call her Marina :D
I laughed when you said the pups gave that swing a paw :) ) So adorable.
Can’t wait for your baby to arrive, this is so exciting :)
I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you 3, and am sending a lots of good vibe to you, all the way from europe

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 11:47 am

Thanks Marina. Good vibes are very much appreciated. :)

Dorry November 2, 2010 at 10:10 am

SO exciting! Can’t wait to find out her name…I’ve never been good at guessing anything but I just know y’all picked the perfect name!

Kristina @ spabettie November 2, 2010 at 10:11 am

Basil is already saying “Thank You HEAB” !! because I am going to make him some dog oaties! :D

so excited to see the HEABlet… it must feel great to be prepared !!

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 11:47 am

Basil,
You’re welcome. :)

jodye @ 'scend food November 2, 2010 at 10:12 am

Your oaties look delicious, but I’d be more inclined to eat them myself than give them to a dog!

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 11:48 am

Jodye,
Ha – they are quite tempting. :)

vanillasugar November 2, 2010 at 10:16 am

ok i’m excited for you, i mean really.
names: almond? lol ;-P

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 11:48 am

Thanks so much Vanillasugar, and no, not almond. :)

Lori November 2, 2010 at 10:23 am

I am so excited for you! What a wonderful time. My “baby” is 12 but it sure doesn’t seem that long ago that we brought her home!
It will be interesting to see what the dogs do when you come home with her. We had wrapped out daughter in a blanket at the hsopital and then my husband took it home and put it in our dogs bed so he would know her scent. I don’t know if that really helped, but he was so protective of her. No matter who was holding her he would lie at their feet. He just kind of followed you around wherever she was and stayed by her. It was really amazing!

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 12:08 pm

Lori,
That is so sweet. I’m so curious as well to see how our dogs will react, and we plan on doing the baby blanket thing as well. :)

Ashley November 2, 2010 at 10:24 am

You sound like you’re doing so well!!! :) I can hear the excitement through the post! Those dog treats are such a great idea! No clue on a name…but if I had to guess, I would say that it won’t be something you hear everyday. Good luck!!

Corey November 2, 2010 at 10:26 am

Heather – I’m a relatively new reader to your blog, but I just wanted to say congratulations on almost being a mom!! That is so incredible and you must be so excited. I also wanted to say that I was really intrigued by your high-fat “diet” (because I’ve noticed I feel so much better when I have more fat in my diet and my skin breaks out horribly when I get rid of fats), so I started reading a bunch of your old posts – and I find your perspective on eating and exercise so inspiring and helpful. For a long time I had a lot of trouble listening to my body and forced it to exercise too much and eat things it wasn’t craving, and I’ve made a lot of progress toward listening to my body instead of doing what I think I “should” do (which yoga has helped tremendously with) and I am so much happier. Anyway, I just wanted to say that I am loving reading your blog and I really appreciate your honesty and thoughtfulness! :)

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 12:11 pm

Corey,
Wow, thanks so much for reading. I love receiving comments like this – always reminds me why I started blogging in the first place. So happy you’re you’re feeling good – our bodies really will tell us what they need if we just take the time to stop and listen. Again, thanks for reading and welcome to HEAB. :)

Hanna M. November 2, 2010 at 10:28 am

Looks like you are pretty ready now, yes. Best of luck to you two! I’m sure you’ve picked the perfect name for your girl. But I think Almondine (read it in a book) would be a name in the spirit of HEAB ;)

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 12:12 pm

Hanna,
Haha, Almondine – surprised we didn’t think of that! ;)

Maria @ Oh Healthy Day November 2, 2010 at 10:31 am

This is so exciting! Best wishes to all three of you!

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 12:16 pm

Thanks Maria. :)

Jenna H November 2, 2010 at 10:39 am

Alice? I think it would make a great name or middle name, plus you guys have the family connection. My other guesses are Violet, Jane (because of your love for Jane Grey) and Lucy, just because I love it. :)

For some reason I imagine you picking a name that is more cool
, hip,and vintage classic than trendy and overused. But that’s just me.

Congrats on your baby girl!!!

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 12:19 pm

Jenna,
You know me so well. I do love the name Jane as well as Lucy. OK, I love all the names you mentioned. Chris’s mom’s name is actually Alice Jane, but she is not a fan. So, we decided she probably wouldn’t appreciate it if we named our daughter after her. ;) Can’t wait for you to hear what the name is…I think you’ll approve. :)

Jenna H November 2, 2010 at 1:07 pm

I can’t believe she hates it, Alice Jane is lovely, and sounds so classic and refreshing these days. This reminds me of when my mother was pregnant with me, and my mom wanted to name me after her grandmother, who’s name was Violet Imogen. My great-grandmother hated her name, and made my mom promise to never name one of her children after her. She thought her name sounded dowdy and old (!) even though I love it. She told my mother to name me Jennifer (hugely popular in the 80′s, and sounded “cool” to my great gma) and my mom compromised and went with Jenna instead.

It’s a good thing she never made me promise anything, because if I have a daughter, she’s going to be Imogen Violet. ;)

kayla November 2, 2010 at 10:41 am

wow! I didn’t realize your due date was this close!! I swear, your pregnancy has flown by for me. lol does that sound creepy? Anyway, I know you will be a wonderful Mom and can’t wait to see what you name her! I am SO excited for you! :)

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 12:20 pm

Kayla,
No, not creepy at all, and others have told me the same. It’s gone by fast for me as well, but that first trimester seems like forever ago when I think about it. Thanks for being so excited – we are too! :)

Lena November 2, 2010 at 10:41 am

Wow! So exciting! I’m thrilled for u both! Can wait to see HEABlet! Wishing u a smooth delivery!! :) congrats again!!!

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 12:20 pm

Thanks Lena! :)

lindsay November 2, 2010 at 10:44 am

I can’t believe its almost time!! Wow, you are going to be a GREAT mom. Can’t wait to see her precious face.

Oh and now I am super excited to make these dog oaties, but can I eat them too? I mean, they look so good! hehe. ;)

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 12:21 pm

Lindsay,
Of course. Honestly, I think the doggie oaties would taste great warm and served with vanilla bean ice-cream covered in cinnamon. Hehe – I was kind of tempted to try that combo last night but I managed to stick to the applesauce oaties I had made for myself. ;)

Melissa @ For the Love of Health November 2, 2010 at 10:44 am

Exciting!! You must be just beside yourself :-)
I look forward to hearing the name! I am not even going to guess as there are way, way too many options LOL

Emily Elizabeth @ Kisses for Breakfast November 2, 2010 at 10:46 am

I’m so excited for you! You’re so sweet to take the firemen oaties. I’m sure they really appreciated it. Instead of dog treats, I had my freezer full of gluten free meals as we got closer to the big day since I didn’t trust the hospital to have them. :)

Brandae November 2, 2010 at 10:47 am

So exciting to be ready any moment!!!

There are so many beautiful girl names, I don’t know where to start. Having four boys, I still have favorites tucked away in my mind – Madeline, Catherine, Caroline, Abigail, Rachael, Delaney, Vivienne, I better stop. :)

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 12:22 pm

Brandae,
I love the name Caroline. :)

Janetha G - meals & moves November 2, 2010 at 10:48 am

I would make my kids the oaties, but they got a WHOLE PAN of banana pumpkin muffins yesterday. Those rascals, they are in trouble.

I love how ready you are! I am ready to meet her virtually :) XOXO

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 12:23 pm

Janetha,
If it makes you feel any better, Radley got in major trouble last week. I won’t go into details, but it involved half a 12″ cheese pizza someone left out on the counter. ;)

A Teenage Gourmet November 2, 2010 at 10:50 am

Hadley!? Hayden? (Those are similar to HEABlet, right?) . . . Samantha? :)

monicanelsonfitness November 2, 2010 at 10:50 am

What an exciting time this is! I have no idea what the name could be, how exciting- I am a great shot in the dark though so I will give it a guess…I will go with “Scarlet” or “Emma” or maybe “Grace” ??? :)

I am going to make the Oaties for my bulldogs too :) They love peanut butter and apples, but have not tried apple sauce…

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 12:24 pm

Monica,
Your bulldogs will love the Oaties – I have no doubt!

janae@hungryrunnergirl.com November 2, 2010 at 10:51 am

AHHH! So so excited for you! She is going to be the most beautiful baby!

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 12:53 pm

Thanks Janae. :)

Mandiee November 2, 2010 at 11:07 am

I’m so excited for you! I can’t wait to hear her name because I know it’s beauty will suit her perfectly (I know my guesses would not do her justice that only a mom and dad’s love can). The doggie oaties sound good enough for me to eat, hehe :P . Simple and delicious—my kind of cookie!

Have a lovely day!
xox

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 10:45 pm

Mandiee,
Doggie oaties are just fine for human consumption…you can trust me on that one. :)

Beth @ To the Fullest November 2, 2010 at 11:18 am

SO exciting! I love that your dogs were intrigued by the swing. I dressed our chihuahua up as a squirrel for Halloween (photos here!: http://tinyurl.com/2a6e65q) and our large white dog could not help tackling the furry tail — WHILE the chihuahua was wearing it! Pups are so funny sometimes.

As for names…I vote Maya. I don’t know why. I just do. Is another blogger having a girl named Maya? :)

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 10:50 pm

Beth,
Loved the squirrel costume. That is so great – our dogs go crazy whenever they see squirrels, and I’m sure they would have been attacking your chihuahua’s tail as well. Lissa (http://talesofadisorderedeater.org) is naming her daughter Maya. Love that name. :)

Beth @ To the Fullest November 3, 2010 at 9:51 am

Ah, yes, that’s right. I knew I wasn’t completely pulling the name Maya out of thin air.

Okay, as for the HEABlet…I THINK you guys are having a girl (but I could be making that up, too!) so I’m going to guess Ronald.

Haha joke! Okay, new SERIOUS guess: Kayleigh (or some variant spelling of that).

HEAB November 3, 2010 at 10:00 am

Beth,
Haha – Ronald, how did you know?!? ;)

Clare @ Fitting It All In November 2, 2010 at 11:19 am

Grace has always been my favorite girl name!

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 10:45 pm

Clare,
Grace was my grandmother’s name, and I’ve always loved it too. :)

nicole November 2, 2010 at 11:22 am

The dogs were giving the baby swing paw?? That is SOOOO funny. I wish you were able to get a picture of that!!
I’m so excited for you guys!! Hooray for HEABlet arrival time!!

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 10:44 pm

Nicole,
I tried, but when I went to get my camera, the pups followed me back into the kitchen hoping for an oatie. ;)

Felicia (a taste of health with balance) November 2, 2010 at 11:41 am

SO exciting heab! Some of my guesses…
Gabriella, Melanie, Elizabeth, Felicia (ha-ha!) Whichever you choose I’m sure it is beautiful and we all can’t wait ! Good luck with everything! And rest up :)

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 10:43 pm

Thanks Felicia. :)

Namaste Gurl November 2, 2010 at 11:44 am

AS you know from yesterday, I DON’T have any guesses as to what the name is. In fact, I give up :) I just want to know, H! I’ve tried to secretly get it out of you, but that won’t happen!

Well, I guess I’ll just have to be patient for a *little* while longer :)

Enjoy your day, miss Heather!

Sarah-Mae @ Eat, Run, Knit November 2, 2010 at 11:46 am

So exciting!!!
Baby names, Oatie perhaps? My sailorman insists on coming up with the WORST names for our future children, though it constantly makes me laugh. I can’t wait to have a little Gussie-Ann. Gus if it’s a boy of course.

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 10:43 pm

Sarah-Mae,
Nope, not Oatie, but that would be a great name for a dog! Gotta remember that one. :)

Ally November 2, 2010 at 11:49 am

I am definitely going to try your oatie recipe for my puppy!! I bet he’ll love it.

Congrats to you and CD!!! I am a huge fan of your blog. It’s so refreshing to read it, especially after reading all the other food blogs around there. You eat REAL food, and you diet is not just boring ol’ lettuce leaves and carrot sticks. I love your HEABified recipes!!

If I had to guess, I’m going to guess ALLY ;)

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 10:42 pm

Ally,
I’m sure your pup will love the oaties as mine go crazy for them. Thanks so much for your kind words regarding my blog, and ALLY is a great guess! ;)

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey November 2, 2010 at 11:55 am

What does it say about me if I really want your dog treats?

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 10:40 pm

Chelsey,
That you like peanut butter? ;)

Brooke November 2, 2010 at 12:06 pm

i’m so excited for you! and you know i’m going to be making those doggie treats for my girls. sending prayers and hugs your way for the HEABlet’s grand entrance. :)

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 10:40 pm

Thanks so much Brooke – very much appreciated. :)

Krystina (Organically Me) November 2, 2010 at 12:06 pm

Wow, time flies! It seems like just a few weeks ago when you announced your pregnancy. Can’t wait to know her name. :D

Sarah R November 2, 2010 at 12:21 pm

Oh my goodness! How exciting! We’re keeping our names secret too. It’s kind of fun to have a secret :) Whatever you have picked out, I’m sure that it’s beautiful!

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 10:39 pm

Sarah,
Wise decision my friend. All of my friends who had kids before me told me not to share the name, and I’m so glad we decided to go that route. It is fun to have a secret. :)

Tangy November 2, 2010 at 12:27 pm

oohh, I will have to make those treats for my dog! I know he’ll like them–he likes everything!! Make sure you keep her diapers far away from the doggies ;)

I’m horrible at guessing names! I’ll bet though that you are going with a classic name as opposed to a newer, trendy name! I tried to pick strong, old names for my kids that would sound nice as adults–some names I just can’t imagine an adult having :)

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 10:38 pm

Tangy,
I was thinking about the dirty diaper thing. Our youngest pup goes through poop eating phases every so often, and we’ve tried everything to break of her of the habit, and so yes, the dogs will be gated off from the nursery and not allowed anywhere near the diaper pail! That could be a disaster!

Katie November 2, 2010 at 12:29 pm

If you make treats this good for your pups, that little lady you’ve been carrying around is LUCKY! Not that we didn’t know that already!

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 10:34 pm

Thanks Katie. :)

Mel November 2, 2010 at 12:32 pm

WOW! Almost that time :-)

Your burrito salad looks very tasty!

RhodeyGirl November 2, 2010 at 12:41 pm

SO SO SO EXCITED FOR YOU!

melissa @ the delicate place November 2, 2010 at 12:49 pm

so cute :) good luck HEAB! the day is fast approaching :)

caronae November 2, 2010 at 12:53 pm

I can’t believe it is so soon! I am so excited for you — well, not the part where you’re in a lot of pain, but for the HEABlet’s arrival. :)

I am guessing the name Hannah!

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 10:34 pm

Thanks Caronae,
Hannah was one of our top choices for a long time, but we settled on something else. However, I’ll always love that name. :)

Maren November 2, 2010 at 1:08 pm

Heather, I am sooo excited to see the little girl!! and I’m ready to hear her real name so you don’t have to call her HEABlet anymore! :) My guess is Abigail. I don’t know why, but that’s the first name that popped into my head!

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 10:33 pm

Maren,
Me too – I’m so ready to share her real name! HEABlet is cute and all, but I fear I’m giving her a complex. ;)

Michelle November 2, 2010 at 1:13 pm

SO cute about the dogs. I once caught my roommate’s dog on his back legs begging in front of my dog. I think he wanted the toy she was playing with. I also make my own doggie treats! Some of the ingredient lists are gross on the store ones!

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 10:32 pm

Michelle,
I agree – I’m appalled by some of the ingredients listed – even on the dog treats our vet sells. I would never eat half of the stuff listed, and so why would I feed it to my dogs? Homemade is always better, and truth be told, when I make them, I get to enjoy a few as well. :)

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) November 2, 2010 at 1:17 pm

I couldnt even imagine a name…but it will be beautiful whatever it is. I am thinking modern, without being “out there”, simple, clean. Your style in life is all of that & I imagine the name will follow suit.

The swing. As discussed on email, those things are beasts!!!! I remember putting mine together about 7 mos preg and cursing at it. And at Scott why HE wasnt on his hands and knees wrestling with that thing since you have to invert it to get it all assembled.

And oh yeah, I had the SAME swing, the 2007 model. The Fisher Price parsapan model, rainforest. I can’t believe my memory recalls stuff like that…but I can’t remember my sister’s anniversary. But I digress :)

Hope your dogs enjoy their treats…life is a changin’ for them, real soon :)

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 10:30 pm

Averie,
Oh how this comment made me laugh. So glad you understand the swing inversion – my gosh, I wanted to chuck that thing across the room! ;)

Laura November 2, 2010 at 1:21 pm

Hmmm… my guess is something traditional that seems like it’s making a comeback like “Frances” or “Rose” or “Ava”.

kaneil November 2, 2010 at 1:24 pm

Did you go to the firehouse next door to MBA? I walked past last night and a few of the guys were chillin on the front bench. Cute!

Love the homemade dog treat idea! I’m sure Charzey would LOVE them – so would Andrew!

You guys are so prepared! Take care!
Kaneil

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 10:29 pm

Kaneil,
Yes, that’s the fire station I went to – would have been funny if you had seen the firemen eating the Oaties. :) Can’t believe I never see you around the ‘hood, but I’m always on the lookout. Hope all is well!

Diana (Soap & Chocolate) November 2, 2010 at 1:55 pm

EXCITING!

The doggie oaties sound like good people food too. Seems so weird to me – I always think of dog/cat food as made of things that are toxic to humans, but that’s silly of course.

I would guess that the baby’s name will be BEAB. Baby Eats Almond Butter. At least for now. :) Then you can call her Baby Beabie.

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 10:27 pm

Diana,
BEAB – had not thought of that. Ha, I love it, and yes, the doggie oaties DO make good people food. Trust me on that one. ;)

Susan November 2, 2010 at 1:58 pm

I’d say you guys are definitely prepared!

I love the dog treats idea. My dog, weird as it sounds, cannot digest most animal proteins. So a “vegan” doggie treat is just the ticket! You wouldn’t believe how hard it is to buy food for her!

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 10:26 pm

Susan,
Oh wow – that would be hard. I think I’ve seen a few vegetarian dog foods out there, but yeah, they’re not very common. Poor pooch. At least she can enjoy the doggie oaties. :)

Jenny November 2, 2010 at 2:05 pm

So excited for you!!!!
I think you have done a great job with nutrition while being pregnant.
Have you also been taking a prenatal vitamin to help supplement and if so which one? There are soo many out there!

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 10:25 pm

Thanks Jenny! I was taking Thorne Basic Prenatals (http://www.iherb.com/Thorne-Research-Basic-Prenatal-90-Veggie-Caps/18131?at=0), but they made me really sick during my first trimester, and I’d been taking them for years just as a multi. Honestly, the only thing I could stomach for a long time was Flintstone’s chewables and that’s all I took – 2 a day, and I must say that I really love the grape flavor. However, just ran out and will probably try to take the Thorne prenatals again.

natalie (the sweets life) November 2, 2010 at 2:59 pm

dog oaties? heck those sound like human oaties to me! I want some :)

good luck with everything—it’s been so fun to read about your journey through pregnancy and i can’t wait to read about motherhood!

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 10:21 pm

Natalia,
Doggie oaties are definitely OK for human consumption as well. ;) Thanks so much for reading over these last few months. Means a lot.

Meghan Telpner November 2, 2010 at 3:05 pm

The oaties look good ;) Best of luck with everything!!

LG November 2, 2010 at 3:09 pm

Heather, awesome. I’m so excited for you guys. Will say a prayer today that everything goes really well when the time comes!

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 10:20 pm

LG,
Thank you – prayers are much appreciated. :)

CookiePie November 2, 2010 at 3:16 pm

Good luck and all the best!!! Can’t wait to see pics of the new little bundle!

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 10:19 pm

Thanks so much CookiePie. :)

Mary @ Bites and Bliss November 2, 2010 at 3:40 pm

Ahhh it’s almost time!!! :D The waiting must be driving you crazy! C’mon lil HEABlet, we can’t wait to meet you! :)

The doggie oaties sound really good..I bet my horse would love them. That is, if I don’t eat them all bringing them to her.

Eleanor November 2, 2010 at 5:36 pm

My horse would eat the lot too… but he wouldn’t get the chance to!

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 10:19 pm

Mary,
Hehe – trust me, those doggie oaties are quite tasty. ;)

Megan (Braise The Roof) November 2, 2010 at 3:44 pm

I’m so excited for you!

How did you learn to make those dog treats? Are there any particular benefits to those specific ingredients?

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 10:18 pm

Megan,
I made up the dog treat recipe. Store bought treats can have some scary ingredients, and the all natural ones are pretty pricey. So much easier and cheaper to simply make them myself, and only 3 ingredients involved, all of which are very pup-friendly. :)

Tyrah November 2, 2010 at 3:46 pm

I’m guessing her name will be Tyrah ;) heehee.
Ok, I really imagine that her name will be a timeless romantic one like the lady that originally wore your engagement ring may have had like Laurel, Hazel or Frances.
Those oaties sound yummy, I’m sending the link to my SIL who has two lovely pups as well.

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 10:16 pm

Tyrah,
Someone else mentioned Hazel – I really love that name…although Tyrah is great too. ;)

Tyrah November 2, 2010 at 3:48 pm

…or Almondina!

Randi November 2, 2010 at 3:50 pm

Heather, So exciting that your day is almost here. Setting up the swing is my last thing to do! That and clean clean clean. :)

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 10:15 pm

Randi,
I know – can’t believe it. Our house is all clean – even got the dogs groomed today. HEABlet, get here now…in another week, everything will be a mess again! ;)

Elizabeth November 2, 2010 at 4:11 pm

You’re going to name her Deidra.

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 10:14 pm

Elizabeth,
We are? ;)

Ann Claire November 2, 2010 at 4:14 pm

That is so exciting that you are all ready!!
Man, your dogs are lucky. I”d all the oaties myself :)
As for name, I really have no idea. Maybe Emily or Claire? I’m totally guessing!

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 10:14 pm

Ann Claire,
As far as the Oaties go, trust me, I was tempted. Good guesses on the name. I’ve always been a fan of Claire. :)

Little Bookworm November 2, 2010 at 4:18 pm

Love the idea of the ice cream and applesauce oatie in a jar!

Looking forward to the revealing of the name. :) Hope everything goes well. :)

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 10:13 pm

LB,
Yeah, I must admit that was a really good idea. ;)

Emily November 2, 2010 at 4:27 pm

Is it sad that I wanted to make the dog oaties for myself? Ive been meaning to ask you about iron sources. I know that you had to work on that in your pregnancy and I’ve just learned that I am really low iron. What are your best sources other than red meat??

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 10:12 pm

Emily,
Nah, I totally popped a pup oatie (or two) into my mouth. No shame! :) As far as the iron goes, honestly, the red meat is really what helped my levels go up the most, and I feel so much better now that I’m eating it more often. I felt so weak and tired there for a while – tried iron pills, but was not happy with the side-effects. I then switched to Floradix: http://www.iherb.com/Flora-Salus-Haus-Floradix-Iron-Plus-Herbs-17-fl-oz-500-ml/3004?at=0. Still taking that, but again, I started feeling tons better when I added more red meat into my diet. Vegetable sources (non-heme iron) did nothing for me. However, there are some non-red meat sources of heme iron – clams and oysters are both really good options.

Lindsey November 2, 2010 at 5:02 pm

So excited for you and CD! I love the names Sophia and Sadie!
For breakfast this morning, I totally made baby food, on accident. I’m doing a raw vegan challenge for 30 days and made an avocado banana pudding. Into the vita mix went half an avocado, a banana and a little water. It was so good! Cannot wait to see pictures all your homemade baby food :)

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 10:07 pm

Lindsey,
Your breakfast sounds right up my ally – HEABlet’s too. Thank goodness for the Vita-Mix, no? Sophia and Sadie are both beautiful names. :)

Erica November 2, 2010 at 5:03 pm

yayyyyy! Very exciting. So sweet of you to bring treats with you to the fire station. I’m sure they were thrilled to see you coming.

Simply Life November 2, 2010 at 5:13 pm

SO excited! I can’t wait to see the next posts!

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 10:06 pm

Simply Life,
Thanks. We’re excited as well. :)

Annie@stronghealthyfit November 2, 2010 at 5:24 pm

Can’t believe it! Good luck! :-)

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 10:05 pm

Thanks Annie. :)

Eleanor November 2, 2010 at 5:33 pm

Amber? Siena? Saffron? (Hmmm… just realised three of my favourite girls’ names are all colours!)
On the subject of the oaties, which I’d definitely eat myself, my mum texted me the other day saying she’d been told to put her dogs on a gluten-free diet. I thought she was joking… :-)
Lots of love and best wishes to all three of you x

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 10:04 pm

Eleanor,
My husband is big on grain-free diets for our pups as well. We buy them grain-free dog food made with bison and or venison and sweet potatoes, but they do get some oats in the treats. It’s made a world of difference, especially for our youngest pup. She’s super sensitive and kept getting sick until we switched dog foods. Much better now. :)
P.S. Love the name Siena.

Kaitlin With Honey November 2, 2010 at 5:42 pm

This post made me so excited for you!

luna November 2, 2010 at 6:05 pm

Ooohhhh this is so exciting and sweet … A big hug!!

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 10:01 pm

Thanks Luna! :)

Heather November 2, 2010 at 6:10 pm

Well, that’s so totally easy!! First name Almond, middle name Butter! You could spell it Buda so it’s not as easily recognizable! Lol!

So excited for you guys! I’ve only been following you for a little over a month and you’d think I was having this baby! EEEEKKK!!! ((hugs))

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 10:01 pm

Heather,
Hehe – little Buda. I love that. Thanks so much for reading. :)

Holly November 2, 2010 at 6:45 pm

Hmm, my guess is Audrey as far as names go. I am not sure why.

And I have to say, Heather, you will love that swing. We had one at the childcare facility I worked at over the summer. I could put our fussiest babies in their and they’d sleep for an hour as opposed to just 20 minutes in a crib or playpen. The music it plays is super soothing!

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 10:00 pm

Holly,
That’s what everyone has told me (re. the swing). So thankful we got it! Funny, because I ran into one of my friends named Audrey today that I have not seen in forever! Kind of weird, no? :)

polly November 2, 2010 at 6:52 pm

hi honey!!!
Guesses for pumpkin muffin name?

All my favorites. Am I close?

Hannah
Leah
Dani
Amber

Or, if all else fails you can call her

Coco as in Coconut. :P Actually Coco is a cute name! :D

Lurve you!!! Actually had some steel cut oats today I loved! (remember was kinda off the oat wagon for a bit :) ) but they had dried cherries and walnuts and SO mmm. Cant’ wait to re-make them at home ASAP. XO

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 9:59 pm

Polly,
Anything with dried cherries is a winner in my book. Happy to hear you’re back on the oat wagon. My oats have kind of been replaced with ice-cream. ;)

Love the name Hannah – that’s was one of our top picks for a long time but we settled on something else. Can’t wait to share it with you! :)

Pure2raw Twins November 2, 2010 at 6:52 pm

Yes I think you are ready too! You are going to do just great :) We are cheering for you. ~ Lori and Michelle

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 9:56 pm

Thanks girls! :)

Jessica in NH November 2, 2010 at 6:57 pm

My guess is Almondine! :-)

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 9:56 pm

Jessica,
haha – good guess. :)

BroccoliHut November 2, 2010 at 7:17 pm

Love this recipe! I may or may not have two cookbooks entirely devoted to dog recipes….Clearly, I like to cook for my pups too:)

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 9:56 pm

BroccoliHut,
That makes me love you even more. I love making homemade dog treats as well – so much better for them!

Mimi (Gingersnaps) November 2, 2010 at 7:29 pm

Wow, this brings back memories of when my sister was born! Good luck! Be sure to bring lots of reading literature!

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 9:55 pm

Mimi,
OK – will do. Thanks for the tip as no one has told me that. :)

Sandra November 2, 2010 at 7:40 pm

Oh I am so thankful for your super easy doggy treat recipe. We just added a new addition to our family and our dog treat jar is emptying fast now with two doggies. I have been searching for a super easy homemade recipe. Thanks so much, I am going to make a batch tomorrow.

I can’t wait to see pictures of your little one. Good luck whenever it does happen.

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 9:53 pm

Sandra,
You’re welcome. Hope you dogs love the oaties as much as mine do. :)

Sylvia @ LifeIsGoodWithFood November 2, 2010 at 8:13 pm

I’ve always loved the name Fiona but am partial to the name Emma (from the TV show Friends, hehe). But I’ll probably most likely name my child Fiona; that way, I can call her Fee ;) Keke, oee when are you going to the hospital? Is the HEABlet coming early? =) Can’t wait to meet her; you and CD are going to be awesome parents! <3

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 9:51 pm

Syliva,
No hospital trips planned yet – not sure when the HEABlet will arrive…but I’m hoping sooner than later.
Fee – so cute. :)

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 9:52 pm

Sylvia,
I ALWAYS type your name wrong. Sorry!

Sylvia @ LifeIsGoodWithFood November 3, 2010 at 8:59 am

Lols, don’t worry. Everyone always spells it wrong, even when it’s right in front of them, kakaka ;)

Missy Miller November 2, 2010 at 8:34 pm

How exciting!!! I will certainly remember you in my prayers and wishes for a blissful and healthy and wonderful experience.

~Missy

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 9:50 pm

Thanks Missy! Much appreciated. :)

Debra November 2, 2010 at 8:39 pm

Heather, I’m a relatively new reader but have never commented on your blog, I enjoy reading what you post. Happy for you on the upcoming birth of your daughter. What an exciting time in your life. Keep blogging. There are new readers out there who are just finding you and love your honesty and realistic approach to eating and life in general. I’ll be eager to find out your baby’s name. I personally like Carol for a middle name. She will bring a melody to your life.

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 9:49 pm

Thanks so much for reading and for the encouragement Debra. This blog has been one of the most rewarding things I’ve ever done, and I hope to continue with it after the baby is born. Not sure how often I’ll be posting, but I’m sure once we get settled into some kind of routine, I’ll find a good balance. :)

whitney November 2, 2010 at 8:52 pm

Ahh how exciting! You are going to be such a great mommy. I can’t wait to see the HEABlet. :)

Whitney

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 9:47 pm

Thanks Whitney. :)

clairerose C November 2, 2010 at 9:05 pm

I’m so excited for you guys!! I love brisket,too.My Mom makes it every Christmas(along the Ham).I look forward to it ALL year long…Is it wrong that I want to eat dog oaties?hehe:-)cc

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 9:47 pm

Clairerose,
I’ll trade you a batch of dog oaties for a holiday brisket. :)

Lisa November 2, 2010 at 9:15 pm

GAH! Finally the day’s here! Can’t wait until she’s a regular feature : )

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 10:51 pm

Thanks Lisa – we can’t either! :)

Alisa Cooks November 2, 2010 at 9:54 pm

I’m so excited for you two! I don’t want to guess, I’m excited for the surprise!

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 10:51 pm

Alisa,
Love the new blog name. Thanks for wanting to be surprised – we don’t get that reaction too often. :)

clare November 2, 2010 at 10:25 pm

these oaties are for people too, yes?

Of course, you are naming the baby clare, yes?

;) GOD BLESS HEATHER!

HEAB November 2, 2010 at 10:52 pm

Clare,
Yes, oaties are OK for human consumption – trust me on that one, and yes, it’s Clare! Well, not really, but I do love your name. :)

michelle November 2, 2010 at 11:00 pm

That swing will be your best friend! I make almost the same dog treats but I add a big can of ‘non’ chunky dog food for extra protein.

I think you’re calling her Charlotte.

HEAB November 3, 2010 at 8:55 am

Michelle,
Adding the can of dog food is a great idea – would at least keep my hand out of the dog treats. ;) I really like the name Charlotte – we talked about it b/c I love the nickname “Charlie”, but CD doesn’t like calling girls by boy’s names. He’s no fun that way. ;)

michelle November 3, 2010 at 6:15 pm

That’s funny because Charlie is what I would have name my 3rd (if there was a 3rd). Mine are Alexandria (Alex) and Josephine (Jo) and those names were chosen exactly for the reason CD doesn’t like…..because I could shorten them to boys names!

HEAB November 3, 2010 at 7:37 pm

Michelle, Love those names. Beautiful, and I still might fight for Charlie should there be a HEABlet #2. :)

Jeanny November 2, 2010 at 11:08 pm

I really wish all the best for your family Heather! I hope your little Heablet comes out safe and sound. Can’t wait to see pictures of you, CD and the addition. 8 )

All the best,
Jeanny

HEAB November 3, 2010 at 8:53 am

Thanks so much Jeanny. :)

Kim November 2, 2010 at 11:26 pm

Well….isnt there a full moon soon? You know what they say about babies wanting to come when there is a full moon? I am not even going to attempt to guess the name. Whatever you name her, it will be beautiful!

HEAB November 3, 2010 at 8:52 am

Kim,
I don’t think the full moon is due to happen until Nov. 21…I need it to come sooner! :)

Pat November 3, 2010 at 12:32 am

This is so exciting…look at you “mothering” already by thinking of the pups and their nutrition ahead of time. YOU are going to be an amazing mom, and this is going to be the most favorite time in your life while you raise your daughter. Having a baby is just the best! Praying for an safe and easy delivery for you and the Heablet and calm nerves for CD. Can’t wait to find out her name, but I wonder if everyone will still want to call her Heablet! LOL!
Best of luck…

HEAB November 3, 2010 at 8:50 am

Thanks so much Pat. Can’t wait to share her name with all of you, and I must say I’m looking forward to no more “Heablet”! ;)

Marty November 3, 2010 at 2:12 am

Are you sure those are Doggie treats? They sure look yummy to me!

Name – I’m not even going to guess – I’m a family name favorite though!

HEAB November 3, 2010 at 8:49 am

Marty,
Doggie treats are people approved – trust me on that one. :)

Erika @ Food.Fitness.Fun November 3, 2010 at 6:11 am

Can’t wait to meet the HEABlet! :-)

Sophie November 3, 2010 at 7:33 am

Those doggie treats look amazing!! Good luck with the delivery!!

Cailin @ Stir Crazy November 3, 2010 at 7:43 am

New baby excitement is so contagious!! I can’t wait to hear when your baby girl arrives! Wishing you a safe, healthy and happy delivery!

HEAB November 3, 2010 at 8:48 am

Thanks Cailin. :)

Kelly November 3, 2010 at 9:15 am

OOh…I can’t wait to find out the name!! My favorite girl name is Finley…and Keith loves it too..thank goodness! Names are hard and I think very important. It is kind of a lot of pressure, no? I am sure that whatever you and CD have picked will be perfect and beautiful for you! :)

HEAB November 3, 2010 at 9:50 am

Kelly,
We can’t wait to share the name!! So happy to hear that you and Keith agree on a name as you’re right – it’s a huge decision. I like it too – Finley is beautiful. I have a friend who named her son Finnegan, and then call him Finn. Love that. :)

Katie November 3, 2010 at 11:59 am

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the big day is almost here when that beautiful baby girl will be welcomed into the world! so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cant wait to hear what her name is too, Im sure it is beautiful and unique!

HEAB November 3, 2010 at 12:03 pm

Thank so much Katie. We’re excited as well. :)

Mary November 3, 2010 at 1:16 pm

Long-time lurker, joining in with my guess: Olivia??

HEAB November 3, 2010 at 1:21 pm

Mary, thanks for reading and good guess. Olivia isn’t the name we chose, but I do love it. :)

Ali November 3, 2010 at 4:43 pm

Lola Rose or Taluhla Belle are my faves. I have a Little girl i named her Mia Ellen.

Ali x

HEAB November 3, 2010 at 7:38 pm

Alia,
Love Taluhla Belle – adorable as is Mia Ellen. My mom’s name is Mary Ellen, and I’ve always loved it. :)

Eden November 4, 2010 at 1:32 am

I’m gonna vote for calling her Eden. Its a damn fine name :)

HEAB November 4, 2010 at 9:48 am

Eden,
Haha – I agree. Love your name. :)

Stacey K. November 4, 2010 at 12:38 pm

My pup is so food sensitive, so I am so hesitant to buy him store bought treats. And the all natural ones I buy are soooo expensive! I halved the recipe because my pup is only 5 pounds and I got 20 little balls! I gave my pup one straight out of the oven ( I let it cool of course) and he LOVED them! I feel so good being able to give him homemade treats that contain three ingredients! I did use Motts applesauce because it was all I had but a little sugar is okay I guess.Need to get some no sugar added for the next batch! At least I had all natural creamy pb! Thanks for the recipe! Can you recommend any other treats that you make for your pups?

Good luck with the delivery! I <3 the name Hayley Isabella :) Sending good wished your way HEAB!!!!

Stacey

HEAB November 4, 2010 at 5:29 pm

Stacey K,
We don’t like the store bought treats either as Radley, our smaller pup, is super sensitive to a lot of foods. Besides these, the only other treats I’ve made for the dogs are gluten free blondies with carob chips: http://heathereatsalmondbutter.com/2009/07/05/happy-birthday-einstein/. Usually we just feed them chunks of baked sweet potato or a little dab of peanut butter. So glad you pup enjoyed his oaties. I <3 Haley Isabella too – so pretty! :)

{ 2 trackbacks }