High Tea Oats

by HEAB on November 17, 2010

When I studied abroad in England, I love eating scones with clotted cream and jam. So, after feeding Summer this morning, I decided to feed myself a breakfast reminiscent of my favorite British snack.

1 cup rolled oats cooked in 2 cups water and topped with heavy whipping cream and hot pepper raspberry preserves. Delicious all stirred together!

Guess what?

Cover.jpg

I’m an official calendar girl. :)

This past May, Smoothie Girl Deb lost her father to cancer, and various bloggers, myself included, got together to create this calendar in his memory. For the story behind Marty’s Blogger Babes and an inside peek at the photos, please click here. The calendars are currently selling for $15 each, and 100% of the proceeds will be donated to the USC Norris Cancer Hospital in memory of Marty. For ordering instructions, please click here. Deb, thanks so much for allowing me to participate. It was truly an honor. :)

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg November 17, 2010 at 12:09 pm

Aww, that is too cute!! What a great cause too!

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday November 17, 2010 at 12:10 pm

What a nice tribute to her dad!

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun November 17, 2010 at 12:11 pm

I love that you are in that calendar. I think its such a cool thing that she has done to support such research and her father’s memory.

Maya November 17, 2010 at 12:14 pm

I love the calendar and you look gorgeous!

Jessica @ How Sweet November 17, 2010 at 12:15 pm

I love your picture!

Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat November 17, 2010 at 12:15 pm

What a great way to honor his memory–and you all look absolutely gorgeous in the calendar!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) November 17, 2010 at 12:20 pm

I love that picture of you! That is such a great thing to do! Your oats look perfect!

Katie November 17, 2010 at 12:22 pm

Saw that Calendar on Janethas blog, how nice it is and for such a good cause : ) I LOVED your photo! U looked so beautiful and you were with your heaven, almond butter!

Hope you and the baby are doing great!!! xoxo

Erica November 17, 2010 at 12:24 pm

I love scones….so these oats look pretty darn fantastic to me. The calendar is adorable! I love your pic

Little Bookworm November 17, 2010 at 12:25 pm

Love your breakfast take on a scone with clotted cream and jam! :D The calender sounds like a lovely tribute.

Kristina @ spabettie November 17, 2010 at 12:35 pm

I saw you in this amazing tribute… great photo of you!! <3

your oats look SO good… I want them.

Howard From Seattle November 17, 2010 at 12:37 pm

I just ordered mine — PayPal’d Deb the $15.

Howard

HEAB November 17, 2010 at 2:36 pm

Awesome – thanks Howard!

Laura November 17, 2010 at 12:46 pm

I know we talked about this before, but I thought I would let you know that it’s absolutely CERTAIN that I’m studying in London next semester!! (Even more exciting with the engagement of the prince!)
I was wondering- what were your FAVORITE foods there??

HEAB November 17, 2010 at 2:35 pm

Laura,
So excited for you! Favorite foods in London? Hmm, well there was this creperie place in Covent Garden called La Creperie Bretonne. It was our favorite place to go on the weekends. I also ate a lot of Middle Eastern food – lots of falafel and hummus. Oh, and of course plenty of scones with clotted cream and jam! :)

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey November 17, 2010 at 12:47 pm

That calendar was really cool!

Cindy November 17, 2010 at 12:49 pm

What a super amazing and fun project plus a tribute to Deb’s Dad!

and all the pictures are AMAZING

Talia @ Texas Gunslinger November 17, 2010 at 12:50 pm

Hey there, Calendar Girl! That is so exciting! I first heard about the calendar on Janetha’s blog. How fun and what a great cause! I’m glad you are a part of it, hot mama! :)

Krystina (Basil & Wine) November 17, 2010 at 12:56 pm

I love the calendar. Your photo is great. :)

Christin@purplebirdblog November 17, 2010 at 1:04 pm

That calendar brought tears to my eyes! You all look so beautiful… and Janetha looks all super-hottie rawr!! :) What a sweet, sweet thing.

Deb November 17, 2010 at 1:07 pm

Heabie, I can’t thank you enough for this post & your participation. As well as all of the support & kindness when my Dad was sick & when he passed away. Much love,

Deb <3

Emily Elizabeth @ Kisses for Breakfast November 17, 2010 at 1:18 pm

That is so nice what you all did and I love that picture of you! Your oats look delicious – I had forgotten how much I like just plain oats by themselves with no mix-ins.

janae@hungryrunnergirl.com November 17, 2010 at 1:21 pm

That is such a good idea! I saw Janetha’s photos and they were amazing. Your oats always look so much better than mine, you are pro!

janae@hungryrunnergirl.com November 17, 2010 at 1:24 pm

Ooh!! I just saw yours and you are GORGEOUS!

Susan November 17, 2010 at 1:22 pm

I just read Janetha’s blog post about the calendar. What an amazing story behind it. And the pictures look great!

PS – I just ate chili out of a peanut butter jar and thought to myself, ‘This is totally something Heather would do!’

HEAB November 17, 2010 at 2:28 pm

Susan,
Yes, yes it is. :)

eml November 17, 2010 at 1:27 pm

Hot HEAB! OF course you made a calendar like that :) .

Felicia (a taste of health with balance) November 17, 2010 at 1:30 pm

Love all those photos, what a great idea!

Victoria (District Chocoholic) November 17, 2010 at 1:31 pm

And what a sexy calendar mama you are.

Nicole November 17, 2010 at 1:43 pm

Omg all of ladies look AMAZING in that calendar. A-MAZ-ing. RIP Deb’s dad…xoxo

Dee November 17, 2010 at 1:50 pm

Ooh! I never ever thought to create scones with clotted cream and jam into oatmeal before! I must try this!

And what a great idea and cause!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) November 17, 2010 at 1:55 pm

You look amazing and I saw this on Deb’s site, and a few other ladies’ sites whom I’ve already been to and commented on…you ALL look awesome!!

And what a GREAT CAUSE! And what a great roundup of babes :)

And in your shoes, I’m SURE as you look back at this photo and think of the shoot and the time in life you were having then, about 6 mos ago or whatever, that it seems like a LIFETIME ago…and that even tho Summer is only a week or so old now…that life has already just changed…so much!

Great pic, Heather! :)

dana @ my little celebration November 17, 2010 at 1:57 pm

That’s so awesome that you’re featured in the calendar. Congrats! And what a great idea to benefit the hospital. What a sweet daughter she is.

Oh, and your breakfast looked dee-lish!

Congrats again on the calendar feature AND on being a new mother. I’m so excited to hear about all that’s going on in your life! You’re richly blessed.

-Dana

melissa @ the delicate place November 17, 2010 at 2:14 pm

i wanted to go abroad to england but couldnt as a science major. i went to new zealand instead! that brekkie looks just lovely! also, you ARE a blogger babe! great idea/cause :)

natalie (the sweets life) November 17, 2010 at 2:26 pm

that picture of you is awesome! a hot mama indeed! so fun and such a great cause!

BIOCHEMISTA November 17, 2010 at 2:28 pm

What a great idea! I just posted a short article yesterday on how important it is to donate to cancer research – now more than ever!!!

You can check it out here: http://www.biochemista.com/2010/11/we-will-never-cure-cancer.html

Cailin @ Stir Crazy November 17, 2010 at 3:03 pm

What a terrific cause, and such a unique idea for raising money. That’s such a great shot of you!

Eliza November 17, 2010 at 3:55 pm

Wow, that is awesome about the calender, so cute! and love your high tea oats looks delicious + yes quite British! :)

Natalia - a side of simple November 17, 2010 at 3:56 pm

What a neat idea about the calendar, and a great cause, too! Love your photo :)

Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather November 17, 2010 at 4:10 pm

I love how you recreated your breakfast from abroad. Recreating meals is a great way to relive past travels.

Jill November 17, 2010 at 4:30 pm

LOVE jam in oats-and actually like them cooked in water sometimes, too. I think it makes them a little chewier sometimes. I think my absolute favorite oats combo currently is vanilla soymilk, cinnamon/cloves/nutmeg, about a tsp of vanilla, and some raisins. And on a random note, I love Summer’s hair! I think she has almost as much as I do :-)

Also, I’m baking banana bread tomorrow (one of my long-distance friends has been requesting some and I want it, too-lol) and am sending you some. Hopefully it gives you a little burst of energy during your long days!

HEAB November 17, 2010 at 5:11 pm

Jill,
Banana bread from you would be awesome. All this nursing has got my appetite out of control. Now, I just need to find a new hiding place…CD knows about all my current ones. ;)

Mary @ Bites and Bliss November 17, 2010 at 4:36 pm

How awesome you’re a calendar girl! That sounds so risque..but not in this case! :P

Namaste Gurl November 17, 2010 at 4:41 pm

YAY– I saw that you were included in the Deb’s blogger calendar. You look like one sexy mama in that pic :)

I’ve noticed since you had little Summer, nut butters has diminished from your oats. Are you staying away from nuts while breastfeeding?

HEAB November 17, 2010 at 5:12 pm

Namaste,
Oh no, no, no, no. Just haven’t pictured them much, but trust me, nut butters are still a major part of HEAB. :)

Katie November 17, 2010 at 5:01 pm

Did you know you were pregnant when you had the photo taken? I am having trouble with the math and months…everything is blending together.

You look HAWT, Heather. All the ladies do!

HEAB November 17, 2010 at 5:13 pm

Katie, I was right out about 12 weeks. I remember b/c I took the photos the week before I told everyone I was preggo. :)

Megan November 17, 2010 at 5:29 pm

I studied abroad in England too (lived in Regent’s Park area) and I so miss tea and scones :( What a great re-creation– totally HEAB style!

HEAB November 17, 2010 at 8:02 pm

Megan,
I was in Kensington – so not too far from you. One of the best years of my life!

Alex @ Spoonful of Sugar Free November 17, 2010 at 5:41 pm

My dad lived in England for a year, and he always loved the tea times with scones :)

What a great calendar! I will definitely check it out :)

Lori November 17, 2010 at 5:51 pm

Love everything about this post: the oatmeal! The sultry bloggers! A fundraiser for a good cause! :) All good.

sarah@sarahnotsoplainandtall November 17, 2010 at 6:27 pm

wow what a great idea to reaise money in his honor!

Tab - Just Weighing In November 17, 2010 at 6:39 pm

I never understood clotted cream (the name just sounds gross) until I went to England. I think if it were to be a huge hit here, it would have to have a different name. :)

HEAB November 17, 2010 at 8:01 pm

Tab,
Never thought about that, but makes sense. The U.S. needs to catch on to the clotted cream thing for sure…and the Brits need to catch on to almond butter. All of Europe does – they’re too obsessed with Nutella. ;)

Julia November 18, 2010 at 2:30 am

Hi

Totally agree with you on the Almond butter availability in the UK, we can get it but its in teeny tiny jars which cost approx $6 ! So I stock up when visiting the USA hopefully customs never search my suitcase ! Note to Laura you could make a fortune bringing some to sell lol

Congrats on Summer’s arrival she’s absolutely gorgeous and the calendar is brilliant.

Julia from the UK (Do we really have a reputation of eating scones with clotted cream ??? lol)

lindsay November 17, 2010 at 7:46 pm

those are my kind of oats! Happy Nursing!

Lola November 18, 2010 at 1:02 am

What a lovely idea Heather!!! I want one of those calendars hehe
I’ve never had clotted cream! How does it taste like?

HEAB November 18, 2010 at 9:08 am

Lola,
It’s so good – like really thick spreadable heavy cream. Mmm, I really wish it would catch on in the States! :)

Maryea@Happy Healthy Mama November 18, 2010 at 7:54 am

I love the calendar! All of the photos look great. What a wonderful way to honor Deb’s dad’s memory.

A Teenage Gourmet November 18, 2010 at 10:13 am

Go you, Heather!

salah@myhealthiestlifestyle November 18, 2010 at 7:30 pm

Those oats look amazing….def trying that :-) . What a great cause :-)

{ 3 trackbacks }