Cheezy Lunch

by HEAB on November 22, 2010

Good afternoon. Summer and I are about to take our first walk together. The sun is out, and it’s relatively warm outside. I’m so excited. I hope she enjoys walking as much as her mama does! Before we go, I wanted to share my yummy lunch with all of you.

Lately I’ve been craving mac n cheese, and so I made a quick and easy HEABified version…

Cooked quinoa mixed with 1 TBSP butter, 2 TBSP nutritional yeast, pepper, and chopped grilled chicken. Warm, buttery, cheesy, and delicious – comfort food at its finest!

Dessert was an oven baked sweet potato…

I started out with half, but then ended up eating the whole thing with lots of cinnamon. Yum

Summer fix of the day…

Summer’s first play date with my best friend’s niece, Hannah. They were born 6 days apart. :)

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun November 22, 2010 at 3:08 pm

Hope you enjoyed your walk! And I meant to share this link with you before. It’s for lactation cookies which supposedly help with production. They are good too. My friend always made them with less sugar and some raisins.

HEAB November 22, 2010 at 5:26 pm

Tina,
Yes, I made pancakes based on the recipe for lactation cookies yesterday. So yummy. :)

Victoria (District Chocoholic) November 22, 2010 at 3:10 pm

Woah, are Summer and Hannah both wearing pink AND polka dots? Too freaking cute!

HEAB November 22, 2010 at 5:27 pm

Victoria – I know. We didn’t plan it either. It was really cute. :)

Victoria (District Chocoholic) November 22, 2010 at 6:19 pm

If it was unplanned, that makes it 1000x cuter. Maybe 10,000x cuter.

Hanna M. November 24, 2010 at 7:54 am

I agree! :)

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday November 22, 2010 at 3:11 pm

Only 6 days? Wow, looks like Hannah is going to be a tall young lady.

sweeter salt November 22, 2010 at 3:12 pm

Love that picture! I always love seeing babies interact, so adorable :)

Laura

janae@hungryrunnergirl.com November 22, 2010 at 3:14 pm

She is so so cute. Enjoy your first walk together.

Lissa November 22, 2010 at 3:15 pm

Love the pics of Summer–I have that same sleeper in NB and 6 mths ;) Love it!! Esp. the little hat ;) She’s SO cute!

HEAB November 22, 2010 at 5:27 pm

Thanks Lissa,
How are you feeling????

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey November 22, 2010 at 3:19 pm

Such a sweet picture – she is seriously too cute!

Sarah R November 22, 2010 at 3:20 pm

Wish ti was nice here so I could walk outside. Cold and windy isn’t much fun to walk in. And those two girls are just precious–just staring at each other :)

Kristina @ spabettie November 22, 2010 at 3:22 pm

I’m sure she will love walks just as much as mama!! I *LOVE* quinoa with nut. yeast…. YUM!

and OMG how cute are they?? matching colors and all… checkin’ each other out!

Jess@atasteofconfidence November 22, 2010 at 3:24 pm

the babies are so cute!

Sami November 22, 2010 at 3:25 pm

YUMMM. I think I’d like to try out a version of “quinoa & cheese”. Call me crazy, but I think we’d both love something like that! With some sweet peas thrown in and a little bitta chicken sausage!

HEAB November 22, 2010 at 5:28 pm

Sami,
I like the way you think…and eat! ;)

Emily November 22, 2010 at 3:25 pm

Enjoy your first mother-daughter walk together!! I bet she will just love it, or at least grow to very quickly! I think I may follow that idea and head out for a walk myself….also thinking a sweet ‘tater sounds great for dinner at class tonight :) Love the cute picture of the playdate, Summer is an active one!

Nicole November 22, 2010 at 3:29 pm

They are too cute and they’re matching!

Dorry November 22, 2010 at 3:31 pm

So glad you have nice weather to take a walk with Summer! Makes me smile. She’s so precious. Your HEABified quinoa mac & cheese looks great – I’m just starting to use nutritional yeast more so this will go in my stash of recipe ideas.

Christin@purplebirdblog November 22, 2010 at 3:41 pm

Cuuuuuuuuuuuuuute matching babies!

I had nutritional yeast and sweet potato together for lunch (with black beans, spinach, and melty goat cheese on top!) :) Your cheesy quinoa sounds awesome!

Have a wonderful walk!

Kim @ Kim and Mikey November 22, 2010 at 3:44 pm

Summer looks so tiny compared to Hannah. However, they are both totally adorable.

HEAB November 22, 2010 at 5:31 pm

Kim, she was. Summer doesn’t even weight 6 pounds yet, and Hannah weighs 8 pounds 14 ounces. So funny to see them next to one another.

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) November 22, 2010 at 3:46 pm

Oh Heather, enjoy every minute of this! Looks like things are running smoothly now!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) November 22, 2010 at 3:47 pm

Omg her first playdate companion and the two of them…the pic is ADORABLE!!!!

Walking..I have never met a baby who doesn’t like motion and walking. Well, the majority of the time :) There are always those stroller meltdown moments but the sling or arms always work wonders and just the fresh air, the movment, it does BOTH mommy and baby tons of good.

Enjoy your first walk together! She’ll probably be out like a light in minutes :)

HEAB November 22, 2010 at 5:37 pm

Averie,
Can you believe she stayed awake the entire hour?!? I thought for sure she would be out…oh well, at least there was no crying…well, up until the last 5 minutes, and so I consider the walk a success. We went in the stroller, but next I want to try my ring sling. Tried putting her in it, but it felt awkward. Need to practice with my Tummy 2 Tummy DVD. :)

R @ Learning As I Chop November 22, 2010 at 3:51 pm

So cute!!!

Felicia (a taste of health with balance) November 22, 2010 at 3:55 pm

Love that photo of the two!! And I just love how nutritional yeast adds the cheezyness with the good protein and vitamins.
Also (since I’m not there to needle you :( } there is a point called Ren17 in the middle of the chest level with the fourth intercostal space- influential point of qi that helps with insufficient lactation. Pressing is better than nothing!

HEAB November 22, 2010 at 5:38 pm

Thanks Felicia,
Pressing away! :)

Heather @ Get Healthy With Heather November 22, 2010 at 3:57 pm

They are so cute together! Nice mac n cheese craving fixins.

Erika [FoodFitnessFun] November 22, 2010 at 4:19 pm

Ohmygosh! Summer and Hannah’s playdate is too cute! Summer seemed excited. :-P

Raychel November 22, 2010 at 4:22 pm

Summer looks so cute with her playdate!

Also, your nutritional yeast quinoa looks really good. My only problem with nutritional yeast is that when I tried to use it last time, it didn’t taste cheesy at all and actually had a kind of aftertaste… Have you ever experienced this before? I have the Red Star brand which I read online was pretty good, but maybe I just did something wrong (I used it for you spaghetti squash “mac and cheez.” If you don’t have time to answer, though, I totally understand.

HEAB November 22, 2010 at 5:42 pm

Raychel,
Well, nooch doesn’t taste exactly like cheese and maybe takes a bit of getting used to. I don’t think I’ve ever tried the Red Star brand – I always get mine from the bulk bins at Whole Foods. So, if you live near a Whole Foods, maybe you could buy a tiny bag to sample, and hopefully you’ll like it better. :)

Mary @ Bites and Bliss November 22, 2010 at 4:23 pm

Enjoy your walk with Summer! :D

Amanda November 22, 2010 at 4:30 pm

Hope you two enjoy your walk! The girls in their matching polka dots…SO CUTE!

Alyssa November 22, 2010 at 4:40 pm

OMG!!!! That picture of the two of them!!!!
SQUEEEEE!!!!!!!!

courtney November 22, 2010 at 4:46 pm

I can’t get over how cute she is… love the photos of both the food and Summer!

Caitlin (EatFeats) November 22, 2010 at 4:48 pm

Have so much fun on your first walk together! How special! As always, adorable pictures!

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) November 22, 2010 at 4:51 pm

Too cute- both the photo of her ladies’ lunch and your first walk!! Love it.

Kimberly November 22, 2010 at 5:00 pm

Hope you had a lovely walk! Love the picture (as usual) of the babes. I just got back from seeing my new neice~what a doll :) She got the hiccups and was screaming mad when I left! Babies are such a gift ;)

polly November 22, 2010 at 5:16 pm

yummy lunch, yummy walk, yummy babies. : )

Lurve you. XOXO

Guess what we ordered today??

mixy mixy mixy… vvrrrrooooom…. gulp. mmm. SO excited. I ordered it in RED! I told D that CD said it was a purchase… but we see it as an investment. ;) XOXO

Summer is just scrumptious.

HEAB November 22, 2010 at 5:43 pm

Polly,
Haha – I can’t wait to show CD your comment. You must email me after your Vita arrives and tell me all about it. I know you’ll lurve it! :)

Monica November 22, 2010 at 5:31 pm

Wait, does the nutritional yeast taste like cheese? Hmmm…I might have to try that out.

Have a fun walk today with Summer! Stroller walking is amazingly fun and wonderful!

Love the Summer pic! :)

HEAB November 22, 2010 at 5:44 pm

Monica,
Yes, it has a nutty cheezy kind of taste. I love it, but it might take a little getting used to if you’ve never had it.

Ana November 22, 2010 at 5:34 pm

Ohh that is an adorable picutre of Summer and her friend Heather!
Hope you two had a nice walk today, I love walking and Matheus as a baby always liked out wlaks in the stroller!

grocery goddess jen November 22, 2010 at 5:41 pm

Oh my gosh that picture is so adorable! I hope Summer enjoyed her walk.

dana @ my little celebration November 22, 2010 at 5:47 pm

What an adorable pair those two are! And what a blessing it is to have other kids around that are about the same age as each other. I hope I have close friends who have kids around the same time as I do so I can share that season with people who ladies what I’m going through.

I hope your and Summer’s first walk together was lovely.

Always enjoy your blog – Dana

Courtney (greeneyedrunner) November 22, 2010 at 5:53 pm

Summer fix of the day-you know your readers too well! I can’t get enough of her! I’ll show anyone who is around me while I’m reading your blog-”LOOK ONE OF MY FAVORITE BLOGGERS HAD A BABY!”

HEAB November 22, 2010 at 7:16 pm

Courtney,
That cracks me up – thanks for spreading the HEAB and Summer love. :)

Courtney (greeneyedrunner) November 22, 2010 at 7:33 pm

My mom went totally gaga over her…for a minute I wondered if there was going to be another sibling in my life haha!

Ann Claire November 22, 2010 at 6:03 pm

Mmm that “Mac n cheese” looks yummy!
Summer is SO ADORABLE!

Healthy Chocoholic November 22, 2010 at 6:23 pm

Wow that looks good!!!!!! Summer is soooooo adorable!!!!!!!!!

Jen November 22, 2010 at 6:24 pm

Oh my! First I thought – “Twins?!” Too cute!

I am sure Summer will adore walking. Hope it went well. I love your Mac & Cheese – although mine has the real cheese ;) (I’ve yet to try this nooch stuff). But I like that you have chicken in there – I throw chicken in with everything.

Seen a Rotisserie chicken today and bought one – thought of you! lol.

HEAB November 22, 2010 at 7:15 pm

Jen,
Ha, I love that you think of me when purchasing a rotisserie chicken. That is great! :)

Katie November 22, 2010 at 6:39 pm

Simple food is always the best.

My mom used to have to take me for walks or car rides to get me to sleep. Something about the motion just knocked me out. Still does – I fall asleep within seconds on road trips.

Annie@stronghealthyfit November 22, 2010 at 7:01 pm

Hope you had a great walk! I love Summer’s dark hair, it’s so pretty!

Melissa @ I Never Imagined November 22, 2010 at 7:06 pm

What a post! First walk! First play date! The girls are so adorable!

Danielle (Runs on Green) November 22, 2010 at 7:34 pm

Ahhh it’s surreal seeing pictures of Summer! I hope you had a nice walk :)

Moni'sMeals November 22, 2010 at 7:36 pm

So Cute, first walk, first play date, wow all so fast.:) (the comment above thinks so too!)

So happy for you!

the dainty pig November 22, 2010 at 7:46 pm

awwww, such sweeties!
I hope you love your walk in the sun with your new beauty :)
big love to you guys!

Maya November 22, 2010 at 7:59 pm

Summer is so small and adorable! Love the cheesy quinoa idea.

Clairerose C November 22, 2010 at 8:15 pm

What a precious picture!!They are both adorable.Thank you for brightening up my day:-)cc

BroccoliHut November 22, 2010 at 8:22 pm

I’m so glad that I’m not the only one who considers sweet potatoes “dessert.”

rebecca lustig November 22, 2010 at 8:46 pm

hope you two enjoyed the first walk together. she is STUNNING

michelle November 22, 2010 at 9:07 pm

I have the worst urge to hold a teeny baby right now! She’s beautiful

Pure2raw twins November 22, 2010 at 9:31 pm

Oh play dates are fun!! Lori and I spent all today playing with our niece…we got not work done!!! haha she is hard not to play with : )

Your cheezy quinoa looks heavenly!!!
~Michelle

Shannon @ Philadelphia Phitness Pharmacy November 22, 2010 at 10:00 pm

I hope you had a great time on your first walk! She is adorable!

Marcia @Frugal Healthy Simple November 22, 2010 at 10:57 pm

Cutest. Picture. Ever.

lorne @ ladybugbeauty November 22, 2010 at 11:06 pm

How was the walk? Which pram did you go for? We have a phil and ted VIBE, fab for out walking on all sorts of surfaces. Last week we discovered it is possible to clip the capsule onto it, so no need to transfer Minu from capsule to pram anymore, just clip on and we are away! It is fantastic!

HEAB November 22, 2010 at 11:10 pm

Lorne,
The walk was great – such a pretty day, and Summer stayed awake for the entire hour. She started getting fussy right before we got back home. I can’t believe she didn’t fall asleep. We have this pram: http://www.amazon.com/Chicco-Cortina-Travel-System-Romantic/dp/B001TLBYHC/ref=br_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=IF61WCW65LVPG&colid=N7M0RHWZFK4E. It was great, and like you, I can attach Summer’s capsule right onto the stroller – so convenient! :)

Namaste Gurl November 22, 2010 at 11:50 pm

I had mac and cheese– well, nutritional yeast vegan version, twice this weekend over spaghetti squash. So yummy, buttery and delectable :)

Hope you enjoyed your walk!

Kiran November 23, 2010 at 12:36 am

Aww… They look super cute!

jodye @ 'scend food November 23, 2010 at 12:46 am

Cheezy quinoa sounds great, and I can’t believe how long it’s been since I’ve had a plan baked sweet potato; I’ve been chopping and roasting lately. I’ll have to bake a whole sweet potato for dinner tomorrow, I forgot how much I love them!

Mama Pea November 23, 2010 at 1:00 am

Oh no, two babies?! One for each ovary that is now throbbing.

Thanks a lot.

Maryea @ Happy Healthy Mama November 23, 2010 at 7:57 am

So did Summer sleep through her first walk? It took Meghan a looooong time to be able to stay awake for a walk. :-) I love how Summer and Hannah are looking at each other–so cute.

:-) If you are interested, you can find part two of my breastfeeding story here:

HEAB November 23, 2010 at 11:04 am

Maryea,
I thought she would have, but nope, bright eyed and wide awake the entire hour-long walk! She’s got her daddy’s energy. ;)

Maren November 23, 2010 at 9:39 am

That looks like such an easy go-to “mac n cheese!” I’m going to be trying that soon! Wow Summer is sooo beautiful! Please give us our fix every day :)

Natalia - a side of simple November 23, 2010 at 9:57 am

Mmm I love me some quinoa! I completely adore Summer’s hair. I think its the cutest when babies have lots of dark hair :)

Kayla @ Pajama Confessions November 23, 2010 at 11:32 am

Oh my! I almost that Summer had a twin! :) Adorable!

Liz @ IHeartVegetables November 23, 2010 at 12:59 pm

Yum! I normally make my mac n “cheese” with couscous but I should try it with quinoa! That looks really good :)

Kaitlin With Honey November 23, 2010 at 3:21 pm

I love the Summer fixes! She is such a beautiful little baby.

Sveta November 23, 2010 at 3:24 pm

Adorable overload! Awwww! :-)

melissa @ the delicate place November 23, 2010 at 7:29 pm

sweet potatoes make a fantastic dessert i love them sweet or savory! gahhhh…adorable photos—i love the matching outfits!

Meagan November 23, 2010 at 8:23 pm

Summer is really cute. And I’m not just saying that to be cliche.

HEAB November 23, 2010 at 8:32 pm

Thanks Meagan. :)

Clare @ Fitting It All In November 23, 2010 at 8:57 pm

LOVE their matching outfits! She looks so wonderful!

And I’ll have to try that reeses filling..sounds weird, but I trust you!

HEAB November 23, 2010 at 11:02 pm

Clare,
Yes! Trust me on that one. :)

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) November 27, 2010 at 6:27 pm

!!! cheezy quinoa with butter sounds soooo goooooooood! I have 2 bottles of nutritional yeast to use up, I must try this! YUM!!! You know what I think would compliment it? Peas! :)

HEAB November 27, 2010 at 6:32 pm