Sleep!

by HEAB on December 28, 2010

Oh my gosh, Summer slept from 11:15 PM to 4:15 AM and then from 4:45 to 7 and then from 7:15 to 9:15!!! We both got so much sleep, and it was wonderful. I’ve missed sleep. I love it so much. Since we slept in, I didn’t get down to the kitchen until after 11, and by then my appetite was out of control. So, I whipped myself up a lovely little brunch. You must try this!

First I microwaved a medium sized sweet potato for 4 minutes. I then chopped it up and sauteed it along with some leftover turkey in 1 TBSP coconut oil. After my turkey and taters were all nice and browned, I added a pinch of salt and pepper and 1 TBSP brewer’s yeast. Ahhh, so good!

Afterwards, I tried a little chocolate. Fingers crossed it doesn’t cause a problem.

For those of you that have emailed me regarding Team HEAB. The first 5 free spots on the team have already been given away, but you have until this Friday if you’d still like to sign up. Simply email Lindsey at lindsey@leanbodieshf.com. The cost is $30. $20 will go to Lindsey for her personal training services, and the remaining $10 will go the winning team leader’s charity of choice. I’ve chosen Best Friends Animal Society. If you join, you will get 6 weeks of workouts that can be done at home with minimal equipment. I hope you can join us!

Healthy Choc December 28, 2010 at 5:18 pm

That sweet potato dish looks yummy!!!
Hope that the chocolate causes no problems! =D

Kelly December 28, 2010 at 5:28 pm

Yay for sleep!!!

Amalfi Girl (EatRunHaveFun!) December 28, 2010 at 5:29 pm

Oh yes, definitely must try. But for a minute there I thought the white bits were marshmallows. I have my head in the sugar gutter!

Christin@purplebirdblog December 28, 2010 at 5:32 pm

Glorious sleep!! I’m happy you both were able to enjoy that downtime!!

Victoria (District Chocoholic) December 28, 2010 at 5:48 pm

You must feel AMAZING – I bet you slept so deeply!

BethT December 28, 2010 at 6:16 pm

oh, sleep. I miss it too.

Katie December 28, 2010 at 6:24 pm

I’ve been a sleeping champion lately. I blame the cold, dark midwest. And the fact that I’m on vacation. :)

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) December 28, 2010 at 6:32 pm

Congrats on all that sleep! I remember the first few times Skylar slept for more than 90 minutes at a time…it was like, huh, what is this, sleep?! It was GLORIOUS and still is. Now she’s the sleeper, well she does more of it than she used to…and I have ants in my pants trying to get everything done!

The brunch looks great and I love your charity!

Enjoy all that newfound REST! So happy for you both!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) December 28, 2010 at 6:45 pm

What good girl letting momma sleep! Brunch looks delicious!

kristine December 28, 2010 at 7:07 pm

I thought of YOU when I ate my sweet potato today, haha!

It wasn’t quit as creative as your sweet potato concoctions– just sweet tater, seasalt, and cinnamon. Delicious, though :)

HEAB December 28, 2010 at 8:35 pm

Kristine,
I think your sweet potato sounds perfect. :)

Annie@stronghealthyfit December 28, 2010 at 7:15 pm

Good luck figuring out what foods work for you. Great news about Summer sleeping! :-)

Matt @ The Kitchen of a Runner December 28, 2010 at 7:29 pm

Looks like a great breakfast :)

Cailin @ Stir Crazy December 28, 2010 at 7:45 pm

Congrats on your night of sleep! I remember when H started sleeping longer during the night, and it made such a big difference in how I felt. During that time, I realized how sacred sleep really was!

Baking 'n' Books December 28, 2010 at 7:57 pm

So happy you got some sleep! Hope the trend continues!

Yes – great minds think alike – I’ve been ADDICTED to sweet ‘taters lately! …and with chicken :) …and my cruciferous lol…

How do you microwave it though? I tried that before …and let’s just say I almost (er, did) set it on fire…2 weeks later and my microwave still smells like burnt potato when I open it :0 ..;)

rebecca lustig December 28, 2010 at 7:59 pm

i seriously have a hard time functioning if I dont get 8 hours. good luck to me when i have kids!

supermom status!

HEAB December 28, 2010 at 8:36 pm

Rebecca,
I was/am the same way. You’ll get through it. The first few weeks are rough, but it’s getting better everyday. :)

Erika @ FoodFitnessFun December 28, 2010 at 8:06 pm

Yay for sleep! :-D I have such weird sleep habits. On school days I normally only get about 7-8 hours of sleep. On weekends I get less, usually around 6-7, and sometimes I go for months straight (Summertime) thriving on 10-12. Haha! I can never really tell the difference in my energy levels though… ;-)

Dorry December 28, 2010 at 8:18 pm

Yipppee! Glad y’all got some sleep. Hope it continues. :)

Kristina @ life as kristina December 28, 2010 at 8:47 pm

That “brunch” looks yummy!!!! Glad to hear you got some sleep i’m sure it was much needed:) Hopefully she can stay on that sleeping schedule-wouldn’t that be great!

Hannah December 28, 2010 at 9:37 pm

How utterly wonderful! I hope the sleep fairy visits both you and Summer (and CD, of course!) more and more frequently as time goes by. Love the quick brunch idea, too!

lindsay December 28, 2010 at 9:45 pm

yea for sleep! I told you sweet potato and chocolate would work, hehe. JK!
LC

Emily Elizabeth December 28, 2010 at 9:49 pm

Hooray! I’m so happy to hear you were able to get some sleep! I was SO happy when Annabelle finally started sleeping through the night. There were still times when she would go through a growth spurt and need to wake up and nurse for 3-4 nights in a row, but then she would go back to sleeping through the night again. Ahhhh. Sleep is heaven. Good luck with the chocolate! My fingers are crossed for you!

Felicia (a taste of health with balance) December 28, 2010 at 9:59 pm

Sometimes the best thing in the world is sleep, and nothing will ever feel as good as a restful night. Appreciated so much more when you barely get any! So glad you got to rest up :) Fingers crossed the chocolate was okay!

Melissa @ TryingToHeal December 28, 2010 at 10:11 pm

glad you got in a serious amount of sleep lady!! that’s awesome! hopefully summer keeps up with that schedule!

Erin December 28, 2010 at 10:24 pm

I’m so glad you got some sleep Heather. Love a sweet potato all savoried. Also, let’s work on CD getting an Xbox so you can do your thing on the Kinect. I mean.

Rach December 28, 2010 at 10:50 pm

Hooray for getting so much sleep! :)

Hayley December 28, 2010 at 11:05 pm

YAY for sleep!!!! Good girl Summer…keep it up! :)

I hope you guys had a lovely Christmas! I imagine yours was exciting as ours given that we were both very blessed with incredible gifts this year. Lots of love to you guys! xoxo

HEAB December 29, 2010 at 1:54 am

Hayley,
We did have a very exciting and lovely Chrismtas. Definitely very blessed. Happy New Year to you, Chris, and Chloe! :)

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey December 28, 2010 at 11:14 pm

Yessss!!! I’m so glad you got some sleep!

Mama Pea December 28, 2010 at 11:35 pm

I bet you feel human today! So glad you guys got that much needed shut eye. I’m crossing my fingers about that chocolate for you.

Alina December 29, 2010 at 3:26 am

sounds like she might sleep more without the chocos :(

HEAB December 29, 2010 at 6:30 am

Alina,
I never put that together! I wonder if chocolate was stimulating her? That makes sense. I’m not going to eat anymore for a while as it didn’t go over so well today, AND she’s been waking up every 3 hours again tonight rather than sleeping for one good 5 to 6 hour stretch like she has been these past few nights. Bye bye chocolate. :( Will be so worth it though.

Marina December 29, 2010 at 4:31 am

I’m glad you finally were able to sleep a bit more :)
I always think of you when eating sweet potato :D

Natalie December 29, 2010 at 5:03 am

yay for sleep! makes such a difference :)

Little Bookworm December 29, 2010 at 11:05 am

Yay for sleep. :D

melissa @ the delicate place December 29, 2010 at 11:22 am

hahaha oh sleep is glorious!! i am totally trying this since i picked up a sweet potato last night!

Alisa Fleming December 29, 2010 at 11:35 am

Oh, I’m so happy for all of your rest! You deserve it!

So what does brewer’s yeast taste like? Do you use it as a supplement or just for taste? Obviously I’m not very familiar with that yeast!

HEAB December 29, 2010 at 11:49 am

Alisa,
I am obsessed with Brewer’s yeast. I starting supplementing with it as it’s supposed to help increase milk supply in nursing women, but now I just really enjoy the taste. I’ve read that it can be really bitter, but the brand I use (Lewis Labs) isn’t at all. It taste a little like nutritional yeast, and I love the flavor it adds to savory dishes.

Alisa Fleming December 29, 2010 at 11:53 am

Cool, very good to know! Thanks HEAB.

Runeatrepeat December 29, 2010 at 1:13 pm

I’ve been painted a complete horror story about never getting sleep for 3 years after I have a baby. I know I should just avoid this person, but I can’t and it’s scared me away from babies. Thank you for giving me hope.

HEAB December 29, 2010 at 2:03 pm

Runeatrepeat,
Don’t be scared! I was too as I usually need about 9 hours of sleep to function. The first few weeks were really hard, but at night, I always went back to bed when Summer did, and I didn’t feel too sleep deprived. Now, I’m getting more sleep, and I have a feeling it’s going to get better and better. I hear a lot of babies are sleeping through the night by 4 months…NOT 3 years.

Kath December 30, 2010 at 10:58 am

This little dish looks yummy! Turkey or chicken with a starchy vegetable like kabocha or sweet potato is just gimme-gimme-gimme! :D I love to put pumpkin pie spice or Chinese five spices and basil, tarragon, or parsley on it. So good!

{ 1 trackback }