Lazy Girl Sundae

by HEAB on January 3, 2011

Last night, CD, Summer, and I all celebrated my birthday together.

She loves her Wubbanub Pacifier.

Dinner consisted of a stir-fry…

Grass fed finished beef cooked with carrots, mushrooms, celery, and spinach. In the end, I added in some mustard, brewer’s yeast, and my new favorite stir-fry ingredient…

Screen shot 2011-01-03 at 11.00.49 AM.png

CD received 2 tubs of this bacon jam for Christmas, and we’re both obsessed with it.

While we ate, I opened my presents…

CD ordered the Justin’s chocolate almond butter before we realized chocolate bothered Summer. So, those jars are going to have to go unopened for a while – torture! He also got me a gift card to my favorite outdoorsy store, and the Bac-Out is from Summer. I use it to wash her dirty wipes and clean just about everything. It’s the best – thanks for telling me about it Averie, and thanks to CD and Summer for all my wonderful gifts.

Yesterday afternoon, I kept meaning to make a cake or a batch of oaties to eat with my ice-cream, but I opted for napping with Summer instead. So, after dinner, I made a lazy girl sundae, HEAB style…

Oat bran with carob fudge and vanilla coconut milk ice-cream. Happy Birthday to me! :)

Is everyone back at work today? If so, how’s it going?

Valerie @ City|Life|Eats January 3, 2011 at 12:26 pm

Happy Birthday!!

Picky Nicky January 3, 2011 at 12:28 pm

I love the idea of a lazy girl sundae! It might as well have taken all day to make, it looks that good!! :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY <3

Rochel January 3, 2011 at 12:28 pm

I feel a lot like Garfield on Mondays. And the first Monday of 2011…? It’s only noon and I’m ready for a nap. The office was quiet this morning, everyone is still in vacation mode.

Felicia (a taste of health with balance) January 3, 2011 at 12:29 pm

Lazy girl sundae looks delicious! I love eating oats out of huge rustic mugs

Steph - VegFortWorth January 3, 2011 at 12:31 pm

Happy Birthday! Your birthday bowl looks yummy!

Victoria (District Chocoholic) January 3, 2011 at 12:31 pm

Happy late birthday, Heather! I hope you can score some carob almond butter.

HEAB January 3, 2011 at 1:59 pm

Victoria – me too! I want to try making some soon. Happy New Year!

caronae January 3, 2011 at 12:37 pm

Happy birthday Heather!

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} January 3, 2011 at 12:38 pm

Happy Birthday, Heather! Looks like a perfect day. :-)

Little Bookworm January 3, 2011 at 12:43 pm

That sundae sounds great! The chocolate almond butter looks great too. You should try and make carob almond butter. :)

HEAB January 3, 2011 at 2:00 pm

LB,
Yes, I want to try some carob almond butter soon!

Elizabeth @ The Sweet Life January 3, 2011 at 12:50 pm

What an adorable picture of her in that hat! Does your birthday feel different now that you’re a mom?

I have one more day off before returning to work tomorrow. Ugh.

HEAB January 3, 2011 at 2:46 pm

Elizabeth,
No, not really, but I will say that I wasn’t really thinking about my birthday at all this year. That usually happens as it’s right after the holidays, but this year more so than most, and I’m sure that has something to do with mommyhood. :)

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) January 3, 2011 at 12:50 pm

I hope you had an incredible birthday! Looks like lots of fun family time! Don’t tell Tony about the bacon jam…I will have to get it for him then. Your birthday treat looks delicious! Have a great day Heather!

HEAB January 3, 2011 at 3:05 pm

Sarena,
You should surprise Tony with the bacon jam – it’s really good, and has so many uses. Would be great atop a savory/sweet waffle!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) January 3, 2011 at 4:33 pm

Oh I am sure he would like it on corn waffles! I will look into it for a birthday gift for him! I have no doubt he would love it.

Kristin (Salty Tooth) January 3, 2011 at 12:53 pm

Bacon Jam! Where do I sign up?

Happy (belated) birthday!

HEAB January 3, 2011 at 3:05 pm

Kristin,
Ha! Order some – seriously!

Kristy @ KristyRuns January 3, 2011 at 12:54 pm

Happy belated birthday! Looks like a perfect day!

sweeter salt January 3, 2011 at 12:55 pm

Happy Birthday lady! Your little one is too.cute.for.words.

Also, now I want some bacon jam :)

Laura

HEAB January 3, 2011 at 3:06 pm

Thanks sweeter salt. Order the jam – it’s fabulous! :)

Jess@atasteofconfidence January 3, 2011 at 12:57 pm

Happy birthday!

Lisa @ Thrive Style January 3, 2011 at 1:01 pm

Hi Heather,
The food all looks fab! I kinda wondered how you would keep those cloth wipes clean too! :)

Sounds and looks like you had a fab birthday. Cheers to another great year!

~Lisa

HEAB January 3, 2011 at 3:08 pm

Thanks Lisa. Yeah, the Bac-Out is great. I use homemade detergent and then just squirt a little bit of the Bac-Out straight into the washer. Wipes come out looking good as new. :)

Lauren at KeepItSweet January 3, 2011 at 1:04 pm

i love that you turn oat bran into dessert! that sundae looks perfect for you.

Christin@purplebirdblog January 3, 2011 at 1:06 pm

That pacifier idea is too cute! And uhhhh, bacon jam? Yes PLEASE. Your sundae looks perfect. I still thank you sincerely for the oat bran/ice cream combo. And all this carob talk makes me want to go buy some of those delicious chips.

HEAB January 3, 2011 at 3:10 pm

Christin,
Isn’t oat bran + ice-cream the best combo? Just has some post lunch. :) Those pacifiers are great – we never lose it with since it’s attached to a stuffed toy. I think a mom invented them after she kept losing her baby’s pacifier on an airplane. Brilliant.

Lo January 3, 2011 at 1:07 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOVIE!!! Summer looks too adorable in that first picture.

xoxo
Lo

tracey January 3, 2011 at 1:12 pm

Happy Birthday!!! here’s any easy birthday recipe for you (even you haven’t made in before): In a pan melt 1/4 cup of carob/choc chips, 2T of “milk of choice” (i use almond milk), 2 T nut butter; after it’s melted, remove from heat and stir in a quarter cup of oats, spoon (i use a mini ice cream scoop) onto cookie sheet and refridgerate 10′. Enjoy
No work for me today… at home waiting for my baby to arrive!
:) tracey

tracey January 3, 2011 at 2:36 pm

oops… in that recipe it should be 3/4 cup of oats… pregnant brain

HEAB January 3, 2011 at 3:11 pm

Yum, thanks Tracey! So easy – I will make soon. It’s like a healthy no-bake cookie. :)

Katherine: Unemployed January 3, 2011 at 1:14 pm

Happy birthday! no mother of a baby can be called lazy everr :)

HEAB January 3, 2011 at 3:11 pm

Katherine – yes, so true. :)

Matt January 3, 2011 at 1:16 pm

That Sundae looks DELICIOUS ;)

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey January 3, 2011 at 1:23 pm

Happy Birthday Heather! I hope you had a great day!

Renée January 3, 2011 at 1:25 pm

Happy belated birthday! Hope it was a good one!

Lew (ashandlewplus2.com) January 3, 2011 at 1:25 pm

Heab, We have to talk.. Burpees kicked my butt, I was enjoying the work out and then came Burpees!!!!! All I could think was why oh why did I question Heab.. Well I did it and got it done, but can I say, I am sorry.. I was glad that I had to legs and was able to do them, but there are not something that I want to do every day.. On the other hand I know it kicked my butt which is a great thing. Thank you for letting me be on your team. If anyone wants to know my goal here are my plans for turning 30 http://ashandlewplus2.com/2011/01/01/280-days-to-a-new-me-lew-that-is/
Talk to you later
Lew

Lew January 3, 2011 at 1:30 pm

by the way the above comment should say two legs… I must be weak from the workout…
Lew

HEAB January 3, 2011 at 3:13 pm

Lew, yeah, the workout kicked my butt too. It was smooth sailing until the burpees and then the high knees just about did me in. Feel good though – I can’t wait to see how the next 6 weeks pan out for us both!

Baking 'n' Books January 3, 2011 at 1:28 pm

Great way to spend your B-Day! What did you do with all those chocolate baking bars you had?

I need to get some bacon, have no idea what “kind”!

Baking 'n' Books January 3, 2011 at 9:37 pm

Made your cornbread yesterday that you used to make from Polly – YUM! I subbed the honey out though with applesauce and more pumpkin :)

Katie January 3, 2011 at 1:40 pm

Happy Birthday! That sundae looks perfect to me…I kind of want one tonight when I get home. :-)

And yes, I’m back at work today and it’s going just fine…the day is cruising by, I couldn’t ask for anything else from a Monday!

Ashlee (Ash & Lew Plus 2) January 3, 2011 at 1:48 pm

LB has the same pacifier and LOVES it! We are trying to start weening him from it because I have a feeling it is going to take awhile! I did today’s workout with Lew and my bootie is feeling it this afternoon!

HEAB January 3, 2011 at 3:15 pm

Ashlee,
Yeah, I have a feeling I’ll be sore tomorrow! To ween her son off his Wubbanub, my friend cut off the stuffed animal and let him carry it around without the pacifier. She said it worked really well.

Katy (The Singing Runner) January 3, 2011 at 2:00 pm

Love the Sundae! Super cute and sounds yummy!!! I want to try coconut milk ice-cream! Sounds delicious! :)

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun January 3, 2011 at 2:04 pm

laid back can be the best way to spend a birthday sometimes. Glad you enjoyed it! :)

Emily January 3, 2011 at 2:04 pm

Your lazy girl sunday looks awesome! Someday I will have to celebrate with one of my own…or visit you and we can share one :) I started to HEAB challenge today and it was TOUGH! I officially am NOT a fan of burpees! Oh well, I bet in six weeks I’ll be doing a whole lot better with the burpees :)

HEAB January 3, 2011 at 3:16 pm

Emily,
Yeah, the workout looked fairly easy on paper, but it kicked my booty. Can’t lie – I hate burpees, but at least they’re over after a minute. :)

Alexandra (Veggin' Out in the Kitchen) January 3, 2011 at 2:17 pm

That looks like a wonderful birthday! I dedicated a bowl of oatmeal to you on my blog this morning :)

I’m not back to work, but school starts tomorrow. Happy for the school part; sad for the limited cooking/blogging part :(

Happy Birthday!

Kimberly January 3, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Love the picture of Summer and your sundae! Glad you had a good day with your sweet family ;)

Kelly January 3, 2011 at 2:25 pm

Happy Birthday Heather! That’s so cute that CB got you something from Summer. Work is work. It’s just going…

I hope you have a wonderful day! :)

Abby January 3, 2011 at 2:27 pm

Happy Birthday! What better way to spend it than with that little smoosh…

Anyway, I’m late to the game, but could you make some sort of sunbutter/carob hybrid to pretend it’s chocolate nut butter? I can’t eat real peanut butter and sometimes almond butter gets to me, so I’ve come to rely on sunbutter and tahini. It’s not the same, but it works ;)

And yes, I’m back at work, and already unimpressed with 2011 in terms of that slice of my life. However, gotta pay for those veggies! Happy Birthday (again)!!

HEAB January 3, 2011 at 3:18 pm

Abby,
Yes, I’ve been wanting to make a carob almond butter (carob powder + roasted almonds in the food processor), and I’m sure you could do the same with sunbutter or tahini. Just stir in some carob powder and perhaps a little sweetener if needed. I know it would be delicious! :)

kimberly guy mason January 3, 2011 at 2:29 pm

happy late bday heather! i thought of you yesterday on your big day!!! i hope it was a great one! how can this be our 35th year?!! :) blessings my friend!!!!

HEAB January 3, 2011 at 3:19 pm

Kimberly,
Your birthday is coming up, right? Isn’t it in January too, and no, I cannot believe we are 35 this year. Seems like just yesterday that you, me, Katie, and Cristy were living in the Quad! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Happy New Year sweet friend. :)

Sarah @ See Sarah Eat January 3, 2011 at 2:34 pm

Happy 1st birthday as a Mama! Hope you had a blessed day :) It was back to work for me today and honestly, it’s not so bad. The time has flown, thank goodness! Sure I will be in bed early tonight though, ha ha.

Brita January 3, 2011 at 2:36 pm

Hi Heather! Happy Birthday :) I just wanted to post a hello, because I’ve been a lurker for so long. I signed up for the HEAB challenge and can’t wait to get going. Thanks for dreaming it up!

HEAB January 3, 2011 at 3:21 pm

Brita,
Thanks so much, and I’m so excited you’re on Team HEAB. Just finished up with today’s workout about an hour ago. Kicked my booty – but in a good way. Have a feeling I’ll be sore tomorrow, but good to know I probably won’t be the only one. :)

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) January 3, 2011 at 2:49 pm

Bac-Out saves lives. And laundry. And wipes. And carpet, pet stains, stains on parent’s clothes from baby, food stains on couches, you name it, love that stuff :) Glad it’s working for you…thanks for the shout out :)

Bacon jam…whatever floats your boat! I bet Scott would love that too!

Happy Bday of course, and as I said yesterday, you don’t look a day over 21. You really should be getting carded more often :)

xoxo

Anita Ruiz January 3, 2011 at 2:53 pm

Happy Birthday!!

I love Justins Chocolate Nut Butter. I buy it in the packs for special occasions. It is worth the wait :)

HEAB January 3, 2011 at 3:21 pm

Anita,
I agree. Justin’s chocolate almond butter is my favorite!!!

Kristine January 3, 2011 at 3:03 pm

Awesome Birthday “Cake”, my birthday is next Monday, I may have to do something similar :)

Happy Birthday Heather!
xox

HEAB January 3, 2011 at 3:22 pm

Kristine,
Do it! You won’t regret it – I promise, and Happy (early) Birthday to you!

Sagan January 3, 2011 at 3:20 pm

BACON JAM? Oh. My.

Happy Birthday :) Napping with Summer sounds like a nice way to spend a birthday afternoon!

Junia @ Mis Pensamientos January 3, 2011 at 3:22 pm

Happy Birthday Heather!! :) Ahh the sacrifices of a mother! I need to try carob soon.

My morning was horrid – my iPhone alarm clock didn’t go off, so running late to work was NOT fun. Other than that, the students are happy. :)

Eleanor@eatinglikeahorse January 3, 2011 at 3:32 pm

Happy birthday! Summer looks gorgeous in her hat… glad you had a good one x

Katie January 3, 2011 at 3:32 pm

Not back at work; still on in the midwest. Its snowing now and it looks beautiful!

I miss my oat bran….

Alyssa January 3, 2011 at 4:17 pm

Happy Birthday!
Another cute picture of the squee-girl!

Lauren January 3, 2011 at 4:29 pm

Looks like a good day! Happy Birthday! :)

Nicole January 3, 2011 at 4:47 pm

Yes I’m back….not that I’m ungrateful for my job or anything but it SUUCCKKED having to come back to work!!

Happy birthday again!!

Tabitha January 3, 2011 at 5:00 pm

Happy Birthday!
It’s a holiday here until Wednesday so I’m still loafing although I dragged myself to the gym before lazing for the rest of the day

Rachael January 3, 2011 at 5:13 pm

Happy birthday to you! The name of your bacon jam reminds me of a concoction we keep around the house – bacon/pig fat infused butter to season the cast iron skillet after each use.
Enjoy your day

HEAB January 4, 2011 at 11:19 am

Rachael,
I want to come over and lick your cast iron skillet. Is that wrong? ;)

Courtney (greeneyedrunner) January 3, 2011 at 5:14 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! thanks for being a constant inspiration, even with a new baby!

HEAB January 4, 2011 at 11:18 am

Thanks Courtney. :)

Krista (kristastes) January 3, 2011 at 5:34 pm

Happy Birthday, Heather!!! :)

Mary @ Bites and Bliss January 3, 2011 at 5:51 pm

Lucky! Two jars of Justin’s Chocolate Almond..ohhh that stuff is amazing. :)

Happy Birthday!!!

Annie@stronghealthyfit January 3, 2011 at 5:54 pm

Happy Birthday!

Amalfi Girl January 3, 2011 at 6:16 pm

She is so cute! That sundae looks scrumptious…

Ann Claire January 3, 2011 at 6:38 pm

Happy late Birthday Heather! Summer is so adorable in her birthday hat!

Namaste Gurl January 3, 2011 at 6:43 pm

Glad you had a good birthday, as I knew you would! Summer looks SO happy so be celebrating…. she could hardly stay awake! ;-)
Love how creative you got with your sundae, I would gladly eat an oatbran sundae with you any day!

Katie January 3, 2011 at 6:49 pm

Summer is so so so sweet!

Happy Birthday Heather! I know its an extra special one with Summer : )

Oh my that would be so much torture not being able to eat that PB, but at least it will be waiting when you can have chocolate again! xoxo

Meghan (Making Love In The Kitchen) January 3, 2011 at 7:34 pm

Bacon Jam?!?!?!?!?! Uh oh…

jenny January 3, 2011 at 7:37 pm

mmm… i think your birthday is special occasion enough to get me MYSELF some oat bran carob fudge vanilla bean sundae. or that jar of bacon jam. happy birthday HEABs!

Jill January 3, 2011 at 8:05 pm

Can you believe that I have never tried oat bran? Is it kind of like a grittier version of oatmeal?

I’m off work today because I worked Friday-Sunday. They were actually pretty quiet shifts-and now that I said that, I’m probably going to have the most insane days ever later this week :-)

HEAB January 4, 2011 at 6:57 am

Jill,
You must be exhausted. I know those three day in a row shifts are tough, but I’m happy to hear they were pretty calm. You must try oat bran – it’s so creamy and filling – not gritty, and it’s definitely my favorite hot cereal. My favorite is Quaker Oats or just the generic Kroger brand. Oh, and TJ’s makes a pretty good version as well.

Emily Elizabeth @ Kisses for Breakfast January 3, 2011 at 8:07 pm

Happy Birthday! I’m glad to hear you are relaxing and taking things as they come (referring to making a sundae and napping with Summer instead of baking a cake). After having Annabelle, I have been learning to do that as well. I’ll have great ideas about things that I want to do and really don’t get even a sixteenth of it all done! ;) I try to listen to my husband who calms me down when I start to stress about a refrigerator or bathroom that needs cleaning and says, “Relax, you can get to it next weekend” (or he cleans it for me – like yesterday he cleaned our bathroom while I nursed Annabelle – swoon).

HEAB January 4, 2011 at 6:55 am

Emily,
Aww, you have a good husband. CD is really good about calming me down as well, but he never goes as far to actually clean the bathroom. I think I need to show him your comment. ;)

gigi January 3, 2011 at 8:18 pm

Great gifts and yummy looking sundae, thats tragic about the almond butter!

MarathonVal January 3, 2011 at 8:21 pm

Happy birthday, Heather!!! Hope it was great (sounds like it was!)

PS, is brewers yeast the same thing as nutritional yeast? And if not, why do you use it and not nutritional yeast? Just curious! :)

HEAB January 4, 2011 at 6:54 am

Val,
Thanks Val. I used to think nutritional yeast and brewer’s yeast were the same, but they’re not. I found the following info on the Internet: Brewers yeast is a one-celled fungus, and used in brewing of beer. Brewers yeast is actually a by-product of the brewing process. Nutritional yeast is grown on molasses as a nutritional supplement. Neither are the same types of yeast as you use baking bread for example. Brewers yeast and nutritional yeast are not alive; they are deactivated. Brewers yeast has a more bitter taste than nutritional yeast. Many people say that nutritional yeast has a cheese flavor and like to add it to popcorn and pasta sauces…Brewers yeast has always been a good source of the very important B vitamins and chromium. If your main interest is the chromium, you should choose brewers yeast as a good source of chromium. If your main interest is B vitamins, you could choose either, but it does appear that the nutritional yeast has more of the B vitamins. Both of these yeast’s will give you a good source of non-animal protein.

I use the brewers yeast because I read it helps increase milk supply in breastfeeding women. I also really love the taste of the brand I’ve been using (Lewis Labs), and I sprinkle it on everything. :)

Sarah (Sarah Learns) January 3, 2011 at 8:31 pm

Happy birthday! :) Summer looks adorable in her birthday hat!

Maren January 3, 2011 at 8:33 pm

happy birthday! I don’t know how you’ll keep those jars of Justin’s unopened. I’d have to have someone hide them for me. Good luck! ;)

HEAB January 4, 2011 at 6:50 am

Maren,
Ha – Not too worried about myself, but I did hide them from CD. ;)

Meagan January 3, 2011 at 8:46 pm

Happy Birthday :) I love that cute little blue candle on the sundae

Annie January 3, 2011 at 9:27 pm

Oh my gosh.. bacon jam??? you kill me… but I can’t find the nutrition anywhere on their website and of course I checked it out!… and you must take a picture of what it looks like in the jar.. cuz I can only imagine and it’s not good.. and at the same time I do love bacon… OH! that Summer is quite the party girl..LOL
Annie

HEAB January 4, 2011 at 6:49 am

Annie,
There is a good description and a picture of the bacon jam in this blog post: http://communaltable.wordpress.com/2010/11/23/better-with-bacon-skillet-bacon-spread/, and here is the nutritional info: http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/skillet-street-food/bacon-jam/

Hannah January 3, 2011 at 9:32 pm

Happy happy happy birthday! So lovely to hear that your day involved not only love and yummy eats but a good nap or two as well :) Hurrah for sleep!

And work? Hmm. I’m a PhD student, so work should be always happening but seems to be never happening…

Corey @ the runners cookie January 3, 2011 at 9:36 pm

Happy Birthday, Heather!! Looks like you had a lovely day with your family :)
Unfortunately I did go back to work today – it was a little rough getting up with the alarm and not being able to have a leisurely day.

Ashley January 3, 2011 at 9:56 pm

Happy Birthday lovely!!! :)

Kristie January 3, 2011 at 10:01 pm

Happy Birthday Lovely Lady! That oat bran sundae looks like the perfect way to celebrate. And Summer looks just adorable in that hat!

Gina January 3, 2011 at 10:12 pm

OMG, Bacon jam – get out! I’ve gotta try that!

There’s a dairy farm near us that makes their own ice cream in the summer and one of their flavors is bacon. I haven’t had it yet but it’s on my list for next summer. I have however tried the mushroom ice cream, which was surprisingly good.

Happy birthday!

HEAB January 4, 2011 at 3:34 am

Gina,
I’ve heard of bacon ice-cream, but mushroom? I’m intrigued!

grabacokelaurie January 3, 2011 at 10:15 pm

HAPPY Belated Birthday Heather!! Yep, back to work after a shut-down all last week. Not liking it – my 8hrs. seemed like 16hrs.
P.S. Summer is precious!!

Tes January 3, 2011 at 10:19 pm

Happy Birthday Heather! Thank you for writing your blog, I love reading it!

HEAB January 4, 2011 at 3:34 am

Thanks Tes. :)

Heather January 3, 2011 at 10:31 pm

Bacon jam?! Shut up! I would eat that on everything!

Your lazy girl sundae looks great! I’ve never topped my oat bran with ice cream…I will have to give it a try.

Today was an awesome day for me! Just got done posting all about it!

A Teenage Gourmet January 3, 2011 at 10:34 pm

Happy birthday, Heather!!!

Jennifer Bishop January 3, 2011 at 10:49 pm

Happy Birthday. That Bacon jam sounds amazing. Where can I find it?

HEAB January 4, 2011 at 3:33 am

Jennifer,
Yeah, the bacon jam is pretty amazing. You can either order it online or find a list of retailers here: http://www.skilletstreetfood.com/baconjam.htm

Natalie S. January 3, 2011 at 10:58 pm

Bacon jam?! I just might have to try that out. Is it sweet? I’ve had jalapeno jam before but I always find it too sweet.

HEAB January 4, 2011 at 3:32 am

Natalie S,
Yes, the bacon jam is slightly sweet as it contains a little bit of brown sugar, but ingredients like onions and balsamic make it slightly savory as well. You can read more about the taste here: http://communaltable.wordpress.com/2010/11/23/better-with-bacon-skillet-bacon-spread/.

lifelivedfully January 3, 2011 at 11:06 pm

i am the worst…i missed your bday!! and you are the Birthday queen!! I have seen you come so far in your health journey and you truly the real deal!! Happiest Happies on your Birthday!!! xoxo

HEAB January 4, 2011 at 3:28 am

Thanks Lindsay! Happy New Year to you, Seth, and Roman. :)

Lauren @ Fun, Fit and Fabulous! January 3, 2011 at 11:12 pm

Happy Birthday Heather! I hope you had an amazing day! Bacon Jam sounds right up my husband alley! I will have to find some!

Rose January 3, 2011 at 11:29 pm

That is the perfect Sundae for you! Happy Birthday!

Lena January 4, 2011 at 12:28 am

Happy Birthday Heather! Summer’s looking sweeter than ever! :P

carlee January 4, 2011 at 1:12 am

Blahh…so much school work! Thats how it is going! Lol
Looks like a nice and very relaxed birthday! Honeslty Oats > Cake!

Fi January 4, 2011 at 4:41 am

Happy Birthday! at least u can look forward to the justins chocoalmond butter! im not back to work till the weekend, another week of rest and freedom! :)

Maria January 4, 2011 at 5:20 am

Awww she’s so cute in that little hat ! You are truly blessed with such a beautiful daughter xxx

LN January 4, 2011 at 6:03 am

I don’t post much in answer to your posts, but I read them daily and love them. And I really love the pictures of little Summer. I send you all love whenever I see her pics. grin

HEAB January 4, 2011 at 11:23 am

Thanks so much LN. :)

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) January 4, 2011 at 6:09 am

Bacon jam! I made a bunless burger the other day with steamed carrots drizzled with bacon fat: http://www.j3nn.net/2010/12/30/bunless-bacon-burger/ You inspired me!! :D

Your sundae looks soooo yummyyyy!! Drooooooooooooooool~~ Happy birthday, again! :D

Erika @ FoodFitnessFun January 4, 2011 at 7:07 am

Happy Birthday Heather!!!

Ana January 4, 2011 at 8:27 am

The birthday sundae just looks perfect! That’s what I do every April, stick a candle on ice cream, nothing makes me more happy than ice cream!!
Summer is so adorable Heather! Love her pic and also the one on the previous post where she is being held by one of your friends, too cute!!
Happy Birthday again!

HEAB January 4, 2011 at 11:23 am

Thanks Ana. Someday, you, me, Matheus, and Summer will enjoy ice-cream together. I just know it, and I’ll bring the carob chips! ;)

Kath January 4, 2011 at 10:33 am

That’s the loveliest birthday bowl! Very HEAB-stylish! ;) Your stir-fry looks gorgeous, I’m going to have something like that in a minute. Happy birthday!

Katherine: Unemployed January 4, 2011 at 12:12 pm

that bacon stuff makes me laugh! I get so weirded out when things don’t taste the way I would imagine them to (aka bacon jam)

Rach January 4, 2011 at 12:51 pm

Bacon jam really cracks me up, but my husband is SUCH a meat eater that I know he’d LOVE it. I have a recipe for it that I really need to try.

Happy birthday!! :)

kathleen January 4, 2011 at 1:30 pm

Happy birthday!

Claire @ Un Bello Aperitivo January 4, 2011 at 1:49 pm

Happy Birthday, Heather! I hope you had a wonderful day. Summer looks beautiful, as always.

Every time I look at your blog, I keep reminding myself that I have to buy carob chips to make your carob fudge. I love the carob covered raisins, but they’re expensive. Maybe this will satisfy my sweet tooth? ;-)

HEAB January 4, 2011 at 5:25 pm

Claire,
Yes, try the carob fudge – I think it will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth! :)

raine January 4, 2011 at 2:04 pm

happy belated birthday!

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday January 4, 2011 at 2:06 pm

Happy belated!!

Nichole @ Flirting with Food, Fitness & Fashion January 4, 2011 at 2:38 pm

Happy Birthday Heather! Sounds like it was nice and relaxing.

My new years goals are to eat more vegetables!

Melomeals: Vegan for $3.33 a Day January 4, 2011 at 3:05 pm

Carob Fudge? Oh that sounds delicious.

Monica January 4, 2011 at 3:43 pm

Have belated birthday! Looks like a very nice way to celebrate!

Yes, back to work yesterday and all is going well, but am mentally catching up from where I left everything two weeks ago.

HEAB January 4, 2011 at 4:14 pm

Thanks Monica. Have New Year. ;)

Monica January 4, 2011 at 3:44 pm

Whoops, meant to write HAPPY belated birthday. :)

Dana January 4, 2011 at 3:59 pm

The Bacon Jam sounded so good and different, I had to check out their website. I’m so excited to see they sell it at a store literally 5 blocks away from my home!!! Leaving right now to buy some! Thanks for another yummy tip Heather and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

HEAB January 4, 2011 at 4:13 pm

Dana,
Lucky you! We’ve already tore through one container, and I know will finish off the 2nd one soon. So sad I can’t buy it in Nashville. :(

karen January 4, 2011 at 4:56 pm

hey, i havent read enough to know what exactly is going on with summer, but i just saw an article on pediatric GERD and it says mustard can be an aggravator. i only have seen a few of your posts but you mentioned mustard in all of them so i just wanted to bring it up just in case….http://www.everydayhealth.com/gerd/caregiving/dealing-with-pediatric-gerd.aspx?xid=ob_cc_gerd…….love your website btw :)

HEAB January 4, 2011 at 5:21 pm

Karen,
Thanks – just read article. Summer doesn’t have GERD, but she does get gas when I eat certain foods, and I eat a lot of mustard. Things have improved tremendously since I gave up chocolate and certain veggies, and now I’m going to be more aware of my mustard intake – see if that helps as well. Thank you!

karen January 4, 2011 at 5:29 pm

ah, okay. interesting on the chocolate/veggies – i read some of your older posts and saw your sad removals. I have never tried carob chips but i put it on my grocery list today.
since you love mustard i hope it doesnt make a difference but wanted to put it out there just in case. Maybe a day off mustard? who knows. your body, your baby, your decisions! There is SO much info on the web these days that it is overwhelming…you can only do so much before you go insane. I think it must be hard to try and eat healthy while dealing with a gassy baby, you are doing an admirable job!

Mallory January 4, 2011 at 5:11 pm

OMG BACON JAM?!?!?!? where do you find this stuff??? ahhhhhhh haha happy birthday girl! keep doin what youre doin, your blog is ever inspiring as always!

HEAB January 4, 2011 at 5:23 pm

Thanks Mallory. CD received the bacon jam from my dad as a Christmas present. You can order it online or see a list of retailers here: http://www.skilletstreetfood.com/baconjam.htm. Hope you find some soon! :)

Deborah L January 4, 2011 at 9:27 pm

Happy (Belated) Birthday!!

Sarah Beth January 4, 2011 at 10:00 pm

Just curious…. How is the mustard eating coming?? If my prediction was correct, you guys should be eating a LOT of mustard and finishing that big ol’ container by the end of the month….eat up ;)

HEAB January 4, 2011 at 10:05 pm

Sarah Beth,
We’re very very close to the end. :)

Caree @ Fit-Mama January 5, 2011 at 10:45 am

It is Wednesday and I am still trying to get back into the routine of working and having a 5 day work week. Blah! Happy Belated Birthday!!

Courtney January 5, 2011 at 5:48 pm

Heather, How do you cook the oatbran? I’ve put it into my protein pancakes, but never eaten it on it’s own. Thanks! And Happy Belated Birthday!

HEAB January 5, 2011 at 6:02 pm

Hi Courtney,
I just cook my oat bran with water on the stovetop. Bring 1/2 oat bran and 1 cup water to a boil, reduce heat to medium and cook until desired consistency, usually just a couple of minutes is all it takes. Enjoy and thank for the birthday wishes!

Augustina January 19, 2011 at 4:34 pm

OMG bacon jam is the best. I live in Seattle where the Skillet folks make it, although I haven’t had a chance to try their famous burger yet. I buy it at Pike Place Market at DeLaurenti’s. My favorite use for it is to toss it with vegetables, or as my boyfriend says, “it makes vegetables into food”. In particular I toss 2 heaping tablespoons with 1 pound of blanched green beans or with one bunch of steamed kale.

HEAB January 19, 2011 at 6:12 pm

Augustina,
“It makes vegetables into food” Haha – spoken like a true man. I’ve always said the way to a man’s heart is with bacon. :)

I love that bacon jam – we received 2 containers for Christmas, and they are all gone. So sad. :(

{ 1 trackback }