Out & About

by HEAB on February 25, 2011

No new exciting random, weird, or ugly eats to share with you today as I’ve been dining out a lot these past couple of days…

Last night, CD and I had a pizza date with our friends Nick and Whitney. Summer joined in the festivities.

Thus far, it’s been super easy taking Summer with us wherever we go. However, I hear that will change soon. ;)

We went to Bella Napoli Pizzeria, and I ordered the Vegetariana, a white pizza with mozzarella, peppers, eggplant, zucchini, broccolini, and a drizzle of fresh pesto.

Ate it all – can’t help myself when it comes to pesto.

Then today, Summer and I joined HEAB reader and now friend, Miranda, for lunch at The Turnip Truck, a natural foods market here in Nashville.

I forgot to snap a photo of my lunch, but only because I was enjoying talking to Miranda so much. Miranda, can’t wait to do it again soon!

However, I did manage to photograph some of the goodies I restocked after we ate…

More garbanzo bean flour and some nutritional yeast as I was out of both. Big plans for these two…big plans!

Got home in need of some sweet love…

and ate a big mugful of Love Grown Foods Cocoa Goodness with HEABified coconut milk. The bag said it contained 11 servings, but I think all nutrition labels should have an entirely separate servings category for breastfeeding hormonal new mothers as I ate it in 3.

Time to go pick the bits of granola and melted chocolate off myself as we’ve been invited to Chris’s boss’s house for dinner tonight. I also need to clean up a certain someone covered in projectile spit-up, and on that note, I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Victoria (District Chocoholic) February 25, 2011 at 5:58 pm

You really should get CD to control his projectile spit-up better.

Valerie @ City|Life|Eats February 25, 2011 at 5:59 pm

That cocoa goodness granola looks amazing. Have a great weekend :)

Felicia (a taste of health with balance) February 25, 2011 at 6:00 pm

can not wait to see what you have in store with those ingredients! i love using nutritional yeast in different recipes

Gen February 25, 2011 at 6:06 pm

That pizza looks amazing1 I love pesto, too! =D
Hope you have a great weekend!

BBK February 25, 2011 at 6:10 pm

BEST. POST. EVER… :-)

laughing so hard……

Maryann (The Balanced Bean) February 25, 2011 at 6:17 pm

I have to let you know that today at Whole Foods I bought Tahini (so good!!) and Garbanzo bean flour (cant wait to try socca) and both purchases were inspired by you! :)

Matt @ The Athlete's Plate February 25, 2011 at 6:26 pm

That pizza looks to die for!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) February 25, 2011 at 6:28 pm

Looks like you have had some fun outings! Enjoy tonight Heather!

Sarah February 25, 2011 at 6:34 pm

In a rush to pick up the GS cookies from you I completely forgot to mention that I read you blog. Thanks for dropping them off!

Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete February 25, 2011 at 6:37 pm

That pizza looks amazing! I also love pesto.

Summer is so fashionable — two different hair-dos. I love it.

The Little Ballerina February 25, 2011 at 6:40 pm

Maybe not a separate category just for breastfeeding hormonal new mothers. I’m pretty sure I could eat it in 3 servings too it looks so delicious!!

ps i’m a long time reader but I don’t think I’ve ever commented before…. so hi! :p i love your blog :)

Ana February 25, 2011 at 6:49 pm

Have a great weekend Heather!! :-)

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} February 25, 2011 at 6:52 pm

I have some garbanzo bean flour that needs a recipe. Can’t wait to see what you do with it! Have a great weekend, Heather. :-)

Rachel @ Healthy Teacher February 25, 2011 at 6:52 pm

I love pesto, too, especially on pizza. Soooo good!

Kelly February 25, 2011 at 7:02 pm

I am planning on making socca crackers this weekend inspired by Ashley at Edible Perspective. :) Can’t wait to see what you come up with!!

Ashley February 25, 2011 at 7:15 pm

HILarious!! I know what you mean about the granola and I’m not even breastfeeding. ;) Don’t tease me with that pizza…mmmmm Have a great weekend!!

Courtney February 25, 2011 at 7:29 pm

Awww Summer is so cute!! :D

Sarah R February 25, 2011 at 7:31 pm

That pizza looks much better than the one I’m having for dinner. Wish we had a good place to carry out pizza from here.

Love Grown granola is out of this world good. Can we add hormonal pregnant women to the new nutrition label? Because there are definitely not 11 servings in those bags!

Elizabeth February 25, 2011 at 8:01 pm

I had that exact pizza a few weeks ago when I was in Nashville to visit my boyfriend. I wish I had known about Bella Napoli earlier – it was delicious!!

HEAB February 26, 2011 at 8:06 am

Elizabeth,
Really? Too funny. My first time to Bella Napoli, and I loved it! Will definitely be going back. Some of the best pizza Nashville has to offer in my opinion.

Mandy A February 26, 2011 at 1:07 pm

Heather, really?! You know how I feel about my pizza!!! So I must get myself there soon, huh?

HEAB February 26, 2011 at 4:22 pm

Mandy A,
Yes, it was so good. You definitely need to try it – we all loved it.

Hannah February 25, 2011 at 8:31 pm

Ah, everyone knows granola serving sizes are ridiculously underestimated! That pizza looks amazing… and I’m not normally interested in pizza or pesto! :P

lindsay February 25, 2011 at 8:44 pm

man do we think alike! I just made socca with Brewers yeast mixed in. The verdict……delicious!

Picky Nicky February 25, 2011 at 8:44 pm

Last week, I took a 6-serving bag of granola to school and ended up eating it all throughout the day :) Wooops is right!

Baking 'n' Books February 25, 2011 at 8:51 pm

Looks like a great socializing time! Does CD work full-time? Do you plan on going back to doing Massage in a few months or so part-time?

HEAB February 26, 2011 at 8:05 am

BnB,
Yes, CD works full time, and I’m not sure about massage therapy. I love it and miss doing it, but for now being a mom is my full-time job. :)

Melissa @ TryingToHeal February 25, 2011 at 9:06 pm

i agree! if my pizza had pesto on it there’s no stopping me!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) February 25, 2011 at 9:43 pm

The granola looks awesome and I’ve been told I have a package on the way.

This is soo true “nutrition labels should have an entirely separate servings category for breastfeeding hormonal new mothers”—I never had as big of an appetite that I did when I was in the first six months or so of nursing. Around the clock nursing = major appetite like no other!

Plus serving sizes/nutrtion labels are usually whack anyway. i.e. Salsa and 2 tbsp being a serving. That’s my PER CHIP serving. :)

Your meetups with your friends look wonderful, Heather! So happy for you that you’re enjoying your friends and Summer is along for the ride and seems to be loving the meetups, too :)

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) February 25, 2011 at 9:56 pm

That pizza looks soooo gooooood! I had shrimp and pesto pizza the other day, it was amazing. Yum!

Amy @ ElephantEats February 25, 2011 at 10:25 pm

mmm, pesto pizza. I dunno bout you, but I woulda licked the plate clean. It’s so nice that Summer is so well-behaved and you take her to restaurants with you! Enjoy dinner :)

Gina February 25, 2011 at 10:38 pm

I just ordered some Garbanzo bean flour! Excited to see what your big plans with it are :)

S @ extremebalance.net/blog February 25, 2011 at 10:44 pm

I love the hugeness of Summer’s barrette in the bottom pic. She’s so stylin’ already!

Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner February 25, 2011 at 11:11 pm

Your pizza looks divine! I love pesto on pizza too! :)

Have an amazing weekend!
xoxo,
Kathleen

Kimberly February 26, 2011 at 7:26 am

I just bought a bag of that Love Grown granola and LOVE it! I got the cranberry one. I have never seen it around here until last week and just about screamed with delight when I discovered it! It is so hard to only eat 1/4 cup though :)

Alex @ Healing Beauty February 26, 2011 at 9:33 am

Ooh that pizza looks delicious! I just bought my first jar of nutritional yeast a few weeks ago and now I am completely hooked! Have a great weekend!

Alexandra (Veggin' Out in the Kitchen) February 26, 2011 at 10:58 am

That pizza looks amazing!! I LOVE pesto pizza! You would probably like the pizza I made last weekend: http://www.vegginout.vg/1/post/2011/02/quicky-pizza.html

I hope you have a wonderful weekend too! :D

Monica February 26, 2011 at 11:25 am

That is so great that Summer “travels well”. I hear so many parents say that they feel house-bound during that first year and it sounds like you two get to still have a life and go out.

We are having a make your own pizza date at home tonight and I think your pesto creation just inspired my dinner for tonight. :)

kate@ahealthypassion February 26, 2011 at 11:45 am

ahh I love summers little sprout! And garbanzo bean flour- im obsessed w/ it :)

kat February 26, 2011 at 12:40 pm

Y’know, I just realized why I enjoy your blog so much(besides the great recipe ideas, of course!)–is that you don’t eat two bites of something and say that you’re stuffed(that pizza would have been a goner in my book as well). Well played, Ms. Lady…well. played.

HEAB February 26, 2011 at 4:17 pm

Thanks Kat. 2 bites of pesto pizza would do nothing for me. Ha, 2 slices doesn’t even cut it. I’m more of a 4 to 5 slice kind of gal. ;)

Kara February 26, 2011 at 4:30 pm

I really like the idea of different serving sizes for the lactating set :)

Taking the baby out to eat gets much more interesting when they realize they can grab things and put them in their mouth!

Miranda February 26, 2011 at 6:24 pm

It was so great meeting you. I can’t wait for next time!

Christin@purplebirdblog February 26, 2011 at 7:01 pm

Happy weekend, friend! I am coveting your pizza and your granola big time :)

Heather @ kissmybroccoli February 27, 2011 at 6:54 pm

That pizza looks delicious! Mmm, pesto! I feel ya on the granola…and I’m not even a breastfeeding mother! Hmm, need to find an excuse…

{ 1 trackback }