Photo Shoot

by HEAB on February 26, 2011

Today has been a busy but fun day. Emily of Emily Smallcomb Family Photography, and her husband, Chris came to take Summer’s 4-month photos, and I got a shot of the photographer in action…

I joked with Emily, asking if she could leave behind her background and lighting set-up for my bowls of oat bran. Oh the fun I could have with all of her equipment!

Summer was very cooperative and limited her spit-up to only one blanket – sorry Emily! She also stuck her tongue out in what seemed like about 90% of the pictures. Hilarious! After Emily snapped the final photo, Summer was ready for a nap, and so CD stayed home with her while I joined Chris and Emily for lunch at Chipotle.

Honestly, I have no idea why I even bother with the chicken salad as all I really want are the guac and chips. Chipotle serves such good chips – always fresh and never too salty or greasy, and their guacamole is filled with huge avocado chunks. Love that place.

It’s been a great day thus far, and as soon as Summer wakes up we’re going for a long walk in the sunshine. It’s such a beautiful day.

Emily and Chris, thanks so much for making the drive to Nashville again for the photo shoot today. I CANNOT wait to see the pics!

Christin@purplebirdblog February 28, 2011 at 2:08 am

Chipotle are definitely the chip and guac masters!!! I always ask for insane amounts of guac on my meal!

heather @ kissmybroccoli February 27, 2011 at 6:59 pm

Yay, can’t wait to see how the pics turned out!

I went to Chipotle for the first time on Friday and I LOVED it! What I did NOT love is the fact that they charge so much extra for that luscious guacamole! The choice for lunch was either Chipotle or WF’s hot bar. I decided that I’d try Chipotle and figured it’d be cheaper…yeah, not really! But at least it was tasty! That cilantro rice is incredible!

Jen @ keepitsimplefoods February 27, 2011 at 4:38 pm

I can’t wait to see those pics either! Such a cutie pie!

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} February 27, 2011 at 1:55 pm

3 months already?! Wow! I can’t wait to see the pictures–I’m sure they are adorable! Chipotle sounds like a perfect lunch. They do have the best guac!

Alexandra (Veggin' Out in the Kitchen) February 27, 2011 at 11:40 am

I can’t wait to see the pictures of miss Summer! πŸ™‚

And I also want try Chipotle’s guacamole now! I don’t think I’ve ever been to chipotle, not yet anyway… πŸ˜‰

melissa @ the delicate place February 27, 2011 at 11:39 am

mmmm guac is the best! there is a chipotle .5mi from my house haha. i love the carne asada bowl. cannot wait to see the pics! such a cutie πŸ™‚

nadia February 27, 2011 at 10:45 am

i have never tried chipotle.. wonder if they have it in ny… hmmm…
everything looks good!! & cant wait to see pics of summer!! xxo

Nicole February 27, 2011 at 8:47 am

I can’t wait to see the photos either!!
And aaaahhhhh Chipotle. Last week I had a chicken salad bowl with guac and tomato salsa. nothing else. It was really good. And yes, the chips are the devil..they have some kind of lime taste to them or something. SOO good.
Happy Sunday!!!

Alex @ Spoonful of Sugar Free February 27, 2011 at 7:25 am

I can’t wait to see the pics, too!!! She looks so adorable lying there, looking at the camera πŸ˜‰

And Chipotle is the best! My sis loves their cilantro lime rice, and the guac and chips rock! So much better than Moe’s chips…(even though you get free all you can eat chips and salsa bar at moe’s…)

Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner February 26, 2011 at 10:54 pm

Summer’s first photo shoot! How exciting! πŸ˜€

I love Chipotle! πŸ™‚ Their Guacamole is SO delicious!

xoxo
Kathleen

Katie February 26, 2011 at 10:21 pm

I can only imagine what’s going through Summer’s brain. Some thing along the lines of “what the heck is that really bright thing shining on me? Why are these strangers shoving that huge metal thing in my face? Maybe if I stick my tongue out they’ll go away. Hmmm….Nope. That’s fun though. I’ll keep doing it.”

I speak baby, you know.

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) February 26, 2011 at 9:47 pm

Oh how I would love her photography equipment! I could use those lights and backdrop!!

I loooooooooooooove Chipotle! Wish we had one closer. I’d probably eat there every day, haha.

Amber from Berlinswhimsy February 26, 2011 at 9:29 pm

Oh, that photo of Summer being photographed is soooo cute! I can’t wait to see the result of all that fun.

I wanted to tell you that I bought some dried garbanzo beans and ground them in my Vita-mix dry container to use for your socca crust tomorrow. Have you tried grinding your own flour? I was skeptical because dry garbanzos are so hard but it worked like a charm! I can’t wait to try your recipe! πŸ™‚

HEAB February 26, 2011 at 9:36 pm

Amber,
No, but I’ve been thinking about it. I’m so excited to hear it worked. I will be doing that when my current bag is all gone, which I’m sure won’t be long. Enjoy your socca crust tomorrow! πŸ™‚

Katy (The Singing Runner) February 26, 2011 at 9:22 pm

Ah! I can’t wait to see the pictures! πŸ™‚

Hannah February 26, 2011 at 9:05 pm

Oooh, are we going to be lucky enough to be graced with seeing some of the photos? I can already tell Summer is wearing the cutest beanie in the world!

HEAB February 26, 2011 at 9:24 pm

Hannah,
Of course. Can’t wait to see them myself. πŸ™‚

Rachel @ Healthy Teacher February 26, 2011 at 8:48 pm

I wish I had a setup like that for my pics! I also wish I had a nice camera…the things that I would do to make my pics better.

HEAB February 26, 2011 at 9:26 pm

Rachel,
I would LOVE a DSLR camera. Asked Santa for one, but he obviously forgot…and didn’t seem to remember it for my birthday or Valentine’s Day either. Grrrr. Thankfully, my point and shoot gets the job done.

Natalia - a side of simple February 26, 2011 at 8:27 pm

Yay! Please share some pictures when they’re finished, Heather! πŸ™‚

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn February 26, 2011 at 8:15 pm

I love chipotle times a million!! Their guac is to. die.

Slash Summer is precious, getting my senior portraits done was the most fun thing I have ever done! Except when you are a baby I am sure it is very different:)

Kayla (Little Miss Healthify) February 26, 2011 at 7:37 pm

How fun! I imagine the photos will be darling!

I think I have seen a Chipotle around my area here, I wonder if it’s the same restaurant, though? Haha

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) February 26, 2011 at 7:18 pm

What an awesome day!

Summer has her own photo shoot before she even has full head control πŸ™‚ I love it!!!!

And chips + guac ARE where it’s at. For sure.

Emily’s equipment…oh my. Knowing what I know now about photography, I would kill for that stuff. And also for a one-on-one time with someone who can teach me more about my camera, photography, lighting, etc. If I were you, Summer’s photo shoot may have been overshadowed by me peppering Emily with tons of questions. haha!

Enjoy your weekend!

Erika @ FoodFitnessFun February 26, 2011 at 7:15 pm

Awwww, I bet those pictures came out beautifully. I hope you post them soon! πŸ˜€
I’ve never even seen a Chipotle in real life (only in Blog World) but I really hope I can go one day. I’ve heard nothing but good things. Not to mention the food pictures…YUM! πŸ˜€

Liz @ Tip Top Shape February 26, 2011 at 7:10 pm

I love Chipotle!! Their chips have a hint of lime, which is what I love!

glidingcalm February 26, 2011 at 7:04 pm

ooooooooooo can’t wait to see Summer’s new pictures!!!

and I agree, Chipotle is amazingggggg. Haven’t had it in ages either!

Kara February 26, 2011 at 6:34 pm

I can’t wait to see the pics, I bet they are going to turn out so well!

Matt @ The Athlete's Plate February 26, 2011 at 6:26 pm

I had Chipotle too! It is amazing how good a burrito tastes after 16 miles πŸ˜‰

HEAB February 26, 2011 at 7:14 pm

Matt,
Yeah, I bet. Tasted pretty amazing after a morning of baby photos too. Not quite as taxing as a 16 miler, but pretty darn close. πŸ˜‰

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) February 26, 2011 at 6:19 pm

I can’t wait to see the pics! I bet they will be so good. Glad you are having a great weekend!

RenΓ©e February 26, 2011 at 5:53 pm

Aww, can you believe it’s been 3 months already?
My sister had her daughter around the time Summer was born and I can’t believe how fast the time’s gone by!

HEAB February 26, 2011 at 7:15 pm

Renee,
She’s actually 4 months old if you can believe it. 17 weeks to be exact. It’s going by so fast!

RenΓ©e February 26, 2011 at 11:31 pm

Oops! Apparently faster than I thought πŸ˜€

Little Bookworm February 26, 2011 at 5:46 pm

I am sure the photos of Summer are wonderful. Love the sound of that guacamole as well! πŸ™‚

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey February 26, 2011 at 5:40 pm

I can’t wait to see the pictures of Summer!

Gen February 26, 2011 at 5:24 pm

Can’t wait for the pics!!!!!
Glad you had a good day!! =D

Baking 'n' Books February 26, 2011 at 5:22 pm

I can’t wait to see the pics!

So, I want to go to the States just to get this Chipolte I always hear talk of…is it fresh food? Sounds like a fast-food place. Mexican I assume!

HEAB February 26, 2011 at 7:16 pm

Baking N Books,
Yes, it’s fresh Tex Mex – a build your own burrito and salad place.

Courtney February 26, 2011 at 5:11 pm

Aww, can’t wait to see the photos! πŸ˜€

Picky Nicky February 26, 2011 at 5:04 pm

I agree πŸ™‚ Theres nothing quite like chunky guac!!

Gina February 26, 2011 at 4:59 pm

Can’t wait to see how the photos turn out πŸ™‚
And that lighting would seriously make for a killer photo!

BBK February 26, 2011 at 4:49 pm