This post has two purposes:
1) To share a delicious sugar-free recipe with you.
2) To raise money for Ovarian Cancer Research. Kelly Ripa, Electrolux, and Foodbuzz are all working together to raise money for the cause. On Kelly Confidential, you can select a perfect tea party outfit for Kelly’s Tea Party for a Cause. When you do, Electrolux will donate $1 to the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund. Foodbuzz and Electrolux are also partnering to host a Top 9 Tea Party Takeover on Friday, March 25th. In a Top 9 Takeover, Foodbuzz asks all Featured Publishers to construct a post around a theme and then, for one day only, all Top 9 posts reflect that theme. For this Electrolux Tea Party Top 9 Takeover, Foodbuzz has asked all Featured Publishers to create the perfect tea party recipe, and Foodbuzz will donate $50 to the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund for every tea party recipe created.
I present to you HEAB’s Scookies…
What the heck is a scookie you ask? Well, it’s what happens when you start out making scones and end up with something that resembles a cookie.
Recipe adapted from Elana Amsterdam’s recipe for chocolate chip scones in The Gluten Free Almond Flour Cookbook
Yield: 23 scookies
- 2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, (allow to warm to room temperature prior to use)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 whole squares (8 servings) of Bakers unsweetened chocolate, chopped into chunks in food processor
- Pre-heat oven to 350℉.
- In large bowl, combine the almond flour, salt, and baking soda. In a medium bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, coconut butter, eggs, and vanilla.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the almond flour mixture until thoroughly combined, and then fold in chocolate chunks.
- Drop the batter using a mini ice-cream scoop, two inches apart on 2 Silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown or a toothpick inserted into the center of a scookie comes out clean. Allow to cool for 30 minutes on the baking sheets before serving.