Wordless Wednesday (With A Few Words)

by HEAB on March 16, 2011

Soaking up the sun in Arizona…

In honor of Lent, eating lots of sugar free and nut butterless meals (remember, tahini is a seed butter). :)

Carrots, onion, mushrooms, and spinach stir-fried in a TBSP Kerrygold butter with 1 can diced tomatoes stirred in at end of cooking and topped with 1/2 can wild salmon and pepper.

Summer’s new hat.

2 eggs scrambled and served alongside canned wild salmon and cornbread with a drizzle of tahini.

Still loving her piggy.

Finished off the last of my scookies - the grain and sugar-free love child of a cookie and scone. Sadness prevails.

2 announcements for all my friends back in Nashville:

1) Please consider running or donating to the Joe P Rally Run, a 5K race to be held on Saturday, April 16, in memory of a high-school friend’s son, Joseph Peabody, who was diagnosed with a Glioblastoma Multiforme brain tumor at the age of 3 in November 2007. After several brain surgeries, radiation, and chemotherapy, Joseph lost his battle on August 21st, 2008, the day after his 4th birthday. He was loved by many and is dearly missed.

2) My good friend Kristin is not only an amazing author, but quite a talented painter as well, and is now accepting commissions of portraits to help pay for the publishing of her next novel. You can click here to see the recent painting she did of Johnny Cash. Price will depend on size of canvas, but they will be moderately priced. If you have any interest, you can email her at info@hairinmycoffee.com.

Time for a morning walk. Hope all of you are having a wonderful week!

Jen @ keepitsimplefoods March 16, 2011 at 10:20 am

Awww, Summer looks so cute with her hot pink piggy!

Btw, I’m hosting a Coconut Oil Givewaway on my blog this week, starting today! I’m thinking you and your readers will be all about it! I’m obsessed with coconut oil.

HEAB March 16, 2011 at 10:23 am

Jen,
As you should be…good stuff. I think you should use it to make some scookies! :)

Alex @ Spoonful of Sugar Free March 16, 2011 at 10:26 am

Looks like you are having a fantastic time :) :) Have a great morning walk!!!

Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete March 16, 2011 at 10:28 am

Oh Summer is so adorable! Looks like you’re having a great time!

Marina March 16, 2011 at 10:32 am

Summer has beautiful eyes, and I love how she looks in that hat, too cute :)

Ana March 16, 2011 at 10:44 am

Glad to see you are all having a great and happy time!
I love Summer’s, looks like she wants to talk!

Erica March 16, 2011 at 10:46 am

Glad you guys are having fun :) Summer is so cute- especially in the new hat ;)

Kiran March 16, 2011 at 10:56 am

Just the sight of Summer melts my heart, in a good way :)

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) March 16, 2011 at 11:03 am

Your eats look perfect and you seem to be enjoying your family time and the sun! Summer is just so beautiful! Have a great afternoon Heather!

Claudine March 16, 2011 at 11:07 am

Ah, HEAB, you are torturing me a bit over here in Nepal with your Scotchie photo. I am still on the hunt for almond flour and trying to survive without my food processor, which would be great for homemade coconut butter (ala HEAB), if only I could get the voltage and wiring issues solved. Stay tuned — if I can ever make those Scotchies, they will be hard-earned but well worth it!

HEAB March 16, 2011 at 12:14 pm

Claudine,
Oh my gosh, hope you get the food processor up and running. That way, you could make your own almond flour as well as coconut butter. Definitely well worth it!

Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing March 16, 2011 at 11:14 am

I seriously cannot take how adorable Summer is! Ahh! And all this Arizona talk makes me think I should try to take a quick trip down there and soak up some sun, as I’m not too far away (Colorado) ;) Those scookies sound too good. I posted some raspberry scones with almond flour this week and they were awesome, but not too sweet! Now I’m wondering if I could make them entirely sugar-free by subbing with some stevia? Hmm. Now you’ve got me thinking again, Heather! Dang it ;)

HEAB March 16, 2011 at 12:24 pm

Katie,
I’m sure you could. Let me know if you try. :)
Love Colorado – one of my favorite states. So beautiful. Please breathe in some of that fresh mountain air for me!

Allison March 16, 2011 at 11:25 am

She’s so cute! Is she starting to lose her newborn baby hair? Mine were all born with heads full of dark, dark hair and then around 4-5 months it all fell out and grew back in blonde. Enjoy your vacay!

HEAB March 16, 2011 at 12:26 pm

Allison,
No, not at all. It just keeps getting longer and longer. I was born with dark hair as well. It didn’t fall out – just started turning blond at the roots, and was light blond throughout childhood. I’m so curious to know if Summer’s will do the same. I do love her dark hair. :)

Ashley March 16, 2011 at 11:58 am

Ahhh, adorable as ever!!!! I really need to make those scookies…just so I can say “scookie!” haha :)

nadia March 16, 2011 at 12:08 pm

I have a great desire to visit Arizona! It seems like such a beautiful place and I adore the dessert climate – please take some photos of the area!! I would love to see them.., and summer in her hat looks like such a little adventurer!! SO CUTE! – scookies look ” so” tempting. ;)

HEAB March 16, 2011 at 12:26 pm

Nadia,
I think you would love the scookie, and I will try and get some good pics while I’m here. It’s such a beautiful place!

Monique March 16, 2011 at 12:09 pm

Yay, glad you’re enjoying AZ!!! You guys got lucky, it was projected to be in the 90s this week… glad that didn’t happen :) I live about 25 miles east of Pheonix, in the Valley! Enjoy your first family trip. Summer is so adorable!!

HEAB March 16, 2011 at 12:29 pm

Monique,
You are so fortunate to live in such a beautiful place. Of course I say that now, never been here in July. ;)

Gaby March 16, 2011 at 12:21 pm

Oh my gosh it’s Piggy!! I’m so happy she likes it! She’s so cute!
Hope you’re having a great time in Arizona, I loved it when I was there last year!
And now you’ve got me craving some major cornbread…

HEAB March 16, 2011 at 12:30 pm

Gaby,
Piggy is her favorite. She loves grabbing him and shoving his snout in her mouth. Haha. Piggy gets lots of big smooches. Thanks so much for sending. By the way, I’m dying to try your pop-tart recipe with my new fascination – quinoa flour! It’s on my to-make list…which has gotten way too long. ;)

Susan (Oliepants) March 16, 2011 at 12:34 pm

I would be saddened by the finishing of those scookies too! I have always to visit AZ. Looks like a beautiful place and a fun time for you all! :)

Melomeals: Vegan for $3.33 a Day March 16, 2011 at 1:31 pm

She is so beautiful!

That first dish you posted looks so good… the colors are so vibrant

Andrea@WellnessNotes March 16, 2011 at 1:34 pm

Enjoy the sunshine! :)

I love all the pics of Summer! And I love piggy! The teenager had a bunny that he would take everyone. I still have it, now that he is off to college! :) And the toddler’s favorite stuffed animal is “blue bear.” He has had it since he was Summer’s age!

Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope March 16, 2011 at 2:08 pm

Awww, Summer is such a sweetheart! She’s so cute in that hat.

I LOVE the Phoenix/Scottsdale area! I went there on vacation a few years ago and was really impressed!

Katherine: Unemployed March 16, 2011 at 2:08 pm

I want a baby to dress up! seriously, if babysitting is birth control, walking through the baby section of stores is the opposite!

Mary @ Bites and Bliss March 16, 2011 at 2:15 pm

The soaking up the sun picture looks wonderful. I’ve been craving those kind of days (or..the beach) really badly!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) March 16, 2011 at 2:17 pm

Heather, the sckookies look so good!

But Summer….is looking more adorable than EVER! Omg she is soooo cute! The pic of her in that hat. Just precious!

And of her laying on the mat….she has THE most gorgeous eyes, ever!! WOW, talk about some baby blues :)

I hope you are having a fabulous, relaxing, and wonderful time in AZ and I hope you run into some bloggers and other fun people on your trip :)

Jen March 16, 2011 at 2:26 pm

Aww! Summer is a doll! She has beautiful eyes :)

katie March 16, 2011 at 2:35 pm

I am so glad you guys are having a wonderful vacation!

The pic of Summer in her sun hat is beautiful!! She is just so cute!!!!!

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun March 16, 2011 at 2:37 pm

She is TOO cute in that hat!

jen @ taste life March 16, 2011 at 2:50 pm

She’s so cute! Enjoy the rest of vaca.

Emilia March 16, 2011 at 2:55 pm

Once again, Summer looks super adorable! Can’t wait to meet her someday :)
I need to make those ‘scookies’, they’re definitely calling my name! Chocolate, coconut, and nut butter? YES, please :-)

Courtney March 16, 2011 at 4:40 pm

Summer is such a cute, happy baby!! Glad you’re having fun- you deserve it! :D

Natalie @ cinnamon bums March 16, 2011 at 4:46 pm

summer is just getting more and more beautiful everyday!!!! what a gorgeous baby.

that cornbread looks delicious! whats the recipe that you used for that?

HEAB March 16, 2011 at 11:57 pm

Natalie,
Thank you. :)
My MIL made the cornbread using Polly’s recipe: http://www.yogaisyummy.com/2011/03/b-is-for-butter.html. Love it!

lindsay March 16, 2011 at 4:56 pm

You know whats going to be even cuter than summers hat? When she gets into a tiny swimsuit! Oh I can’t wait for those pics!
LC

Hannah March 16, 2011 at 4:58 pm

That hat is lucky to adorn a head as gorgeous as Summer’s.

Heather @ kissmybroccoli March 16, 2011 at 6:09 pm

Aww, I love that pic of Summer and her piggy! I could never grow tired of looking at those big beautiful blue eyes!

I am loving on some canned salmon myself these days…thinking it might be hard to actually buy it fresh anymore! It’s just too easy to pop open a can! I’ll have to try it with tahini.

Jen March 16, 2011 at 6:54 pm

Why are you constantly making me want cornbread? I swear…I think about making Polly’s recipe nearly every day, but still haven’t. It looks great with eggs and tahini!

HEAB March 16, 2011 at 11:54 pm

Jen, it was. Make it! :)

Heather March 16, 2011 at 7:10 pm

Summer just gets more adorable every day! What gorgeous eyes :)

Missy March 16, 2011 at 7:15 pm

She’s so cute in her Easter Bonnet…err…sun bonnet…err..whatever she’s so CUTE. Those eyes….heart melting.

Katie March 16, 2011 at 7:48 pm

Hi Heather! I don’t comment often, but read everyday. I just have to tell you though, your precious Summer is SO absolutely adorable. She is the most beautiful baby but I am sure you already know that.

HEAB March 16, 2011 at 11:49 pm

Thanks so much Katie, and yes, I knew that. Hehe – I’m a bit biased. ;)

Marty March 16, 2011 at 8:04 pm

LOVE the pic of Summer in her new summer hat – adorable!!!!! Jealous of fun in the sun!

xoxoxo m

Pure2raw Twins March 16, 2011 at 8:16 pm

Summer is getting so big :) Love her hat!! We are getting some nice warm and sunny days here in NC so we hope to get outside more to enjoy it ;) We shall see if that happens, haha

Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner March 16, 2011 at 9:03 pm

Awww, Summer looks so cute in her new hat! :D

I don’t think I could give up nut butter. :)

xoxo
Kathleen

Baking 'n' Books March 16, 2011 at 9:11 pm

Summer is just beaming!

I love your meals. Yes – meat and veggies and butter! Bring it on…with scookies :)

I have to make those (dare I brave unsweetened chocolate?!!)

Dani March 16, 2011 at 10:35 pm

The scookies look great! Definitely will give those a try! :)

Meghan @ StruggleMuffins March 17, 2011 at 7:35 am

Summer is adorable in her new hat – what a cutie. The veggie stir fry with salmon looks yummers too – I love salmon in a stir fry (and I make a different stir fry almost every day) but have stayed away from stir frying it because it smells up the house – does that happen to you too?

HEAB March 17, 2011 at 10:18 am

Meghan,
Our house usually smells like some kind of stir-fry. Some are better than others, but I learned quickly to never ADD salmon to the stir fry, or else the house will smell like fish for hours. Now, if I want salmon, I just top my stir-fry with it after cooking. Potatoes cooked in butter always smell so good as do the bacon ones, but any stir fry involving veggies usually kind of stinks, no matter how good it tastes.

Meghan @ StruggleMuffins March 17, 2011 at 11:18 am

Brilliant! Thanks for the tip, I’ll definitely be using your method now :)

kathleen March 17, 2011 at 8:20 am

um hm. getting sneaky with the “seed” butter that’s technically not a nutbutter. =)

HEAB March 17, 2011 at 10:16 am

Kathleen,
Loophole. ;)

Kimberly March 17, 2011 at 8:37 am

I SO wish I could go back to AZ.!! I LOVED it there when I went for yoga training. I wanted to move there but hubby wasn’t thrilled with that idea ;)

Summer is absolutely adorable! Her hair is so much like my daughters was when she was a baby. I had to trim her bangs at 5months old!

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

HEAB March 17, 2011 at 10:15 am

Hi Kimberly,
Yes, AZ is such an amazing place. However, I’ve never been here in the summer…I hear it gets a little hot. ;)

Sagan March 17, 2011 at 9:46 am

Cute hat!

Mmmmm scookies.

Natalia - a side of simple March 17, 2011 at 9:54 am

Looks like you’re having a great time in Arizona and soaking up the sun and love :) Summer is precious as always!

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} March 17, 2011 at 2:20 pm

AAAhhh Arizona! Looks like you are having a fabulous time. Summer is seriously adorable. Love that hat!!

charlotte March 17, 2011 at 2:28 pm

Jelly Bean has that same piggy!!! And I have to admit I skimmed the food pics so I could stare at Summer longer. She gets more gorgeous every time I see her:) Seriously, her sweet little expressions just melt my heart! How do you ever get any work done?!

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) March 17, 2011 at 4:57 pm

Looks like such a relaxing, fun time! You have such a beautiful baby, Heather! Enjoy it all in the sunshine! :)

Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

Ally March 17, 2011 at 5:28 pm

Heather! I follow your blog religiously, and i know how much you love PB and coconut (don’t we all?). well, i go to hawaii every few months and they sell this AMAZING coconut peanut butter there and you HAVE to try it! I think they sell online (north shore goodies is the company). it’s fantastic! anyways, your eats look sooo good and Summer is beautiful!

Ryan @ Aloha Appetite March 17, 2011 at 9:40 pm

Cornbread looks yummy!

Christin@purplebirdblog March 17, 2011 at 10:39 pm

Summer’s hair is so awesome… and her hat… and her piggy… and her pretty mom. :)

Meghan (Making Love In The Kitchen) March 20, 2011 at 2:53 pm

Its been a while since I have been able to get on some blogs- but was sweet to catch up on how you’ve been- and your little peanut is the sweetest little thing!

Jillian Babbel March 21, 2011 at 2:12 am

OMG i made these and I’m in LOVE!!!

I cut the recipe in half and changed the portions a bit, but i LOVE them!

HEAB March 21, 2011 at 7:48 am

Jillian,
So happy to hear you enjoyed the scookies. I need to make more myself!