My camera is still dead. Per Emily’s recommendation, CD ordered a new one for me yesterday (well, new to me, but it’s actually used) as a late Christmas…um, I mean early Mother’s Day present. As many hints as I’ve dropped about wanting a new camera, this isn’t how I wanted it to come about. My camera was well loved, and I’m still so upset I dropped it. Don’t get me wrong, I’m excited about the new one, but I will miss my trusty point and shoot.
Since the camera may not arrive for a while, I’ll probably continue to post using my cell phone camera. So, please excuse my photos over the next few weeks. As far as today goes, how about something a little different? No talk of food or recipes. Let’s just talk about me. 🙂
Dana awarded me the One Lovely Blog Award and I am to share 7 things about myself and then nominate up to 15 other bloggers to also receive the award. So, 7 things about me…
1) I’ve never had chickenpox, but apparently I’m immune to them. My doctor believes I had a mild case as a child and never noticed it.
2) I’m scared of the dark. No seriously, I am. If Chris isn’t around, I have to leave a light on to fall asleep.
3) CD and I have cut our monthly grocery budget in half since September when we decided to cut down on our food spending. For tips on how we did it, read this post. We also started ordering most of our dry goods from Amazon…like oat bran. Because we signed up for Amazon Mom for diapers, we received a free trial membership of Amazon Prime which gives us free unlimited two-day shipping on all eligible orders. AND, if you sign up for automatic shipment when available, you can save 10% on those particular items. We have oat bran, coconut flour, and diapers set up for automatic delivery, and let me tell you, there is nothing like opening your door to see the Quaker man staring up at you! The HEAB household loves Amazon, and since there is no distribution center here in TN, we also save on state sales tax which is 9.25%. We can’t go wrong.
Edited to Add: According to Katie, students can sign up for Amazon Prime for free. Do it…now.
4) I am claustrophobic and cannot ride in the back seat of a 2-door car. Just thinking about it gives me the heebie-jeebies.
5) I’ve run over 20 half marathons, 1 full marathon, 2 overnight relay races (Hood to Coast), and 1 50K trail race, but I never run anymore. To read about my journey from a cardio junkie to a yoga loving walker/hiker, please click here. Below is a photo of me from Hood to Coast 2008. I was about to run my first leg of the race, and you can see Mt Hood in the background. Speaking of Hood to Coast, some of my teammates and I are getting together tonight to go see the movie. Have you seen it?
6) I despise sushi. Well, not entirely true. I despise nori, and as long as my sushi isn’t wrapped in it, I’ll eat it.
7) I actually like my driver’s license photo.
There you have it, 7 random facts about HEAB. Thanks for the award Dana, and I hereby nominate all my beloved bloggie friends. You know who you are. 🙂