I made a sugar-free cookie dough smoothie for breakfast.
I know my taste buds are a bit wonky, but this bowl tasted straight up like cookie dough. I used Kath’s Dough Boy Smoothie as a base, and then added a few key ingredients to give it that cookie dough taste.
Cookie Dough Smoothie
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup milk + 1/2 cup (I used HEABified coconut milk)
- 1 TBSP chia seeds
- 1 TBSP nutritional yeast
- 1 TBSP peanut butter
- 2 TBSP chocolate chips (I used one square unsweetened Baker’s Chocolate)
- 1 packet stevia
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- Blend 1/2 cup milk with rolled oats and chia seeds & refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, place thickened oats back in blender with additional 1/2 cup milk, stevia, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon. Blend on high.
- Turn blender speed to low and add nutritional yeast and 1 TBSP chocolate chips. You don’t want the nooch to get completely obliterated b/c it adds that gritty cookie dough-like texture.
- Top with remaining chocolate and peanut butter.
The peanut butter was a sample I received from Shawn who is trying to start a new nut butter company called Ground.
Unfortunately, I can’t try most of the samples until after Lent b/c they either include either almonds or some kind of sugar. However, the plain peanut butter contains nothing but organic dry roasted peanuts, and wow, did it taste perfect atop my smoothie – like fresh roasted unsalted peanuts. When it comes to using peanut butter as a topping, I prefer a runnier consistency, but for smoothies, I prefer something a bit thicker. Not sure why – I think it’s b/c the drizzle usually sinks and gets lost in the cold smoothie – are you following me? Those few bites I had consisting of peanut butter, cold smoothie, and chocolate chunks were out of this world. Thanks Shawn – good stuff, and I can’t wait to try your other flavors post-Easter!
Happy Monday and a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to CD!!!!