I apologize for my funk yesterday. Gloomy weather always gets me down, but Summer and I did end up doing some mall walking. Mall walking is A) boring and B) expensive. Hehe, don’t know if we’ll be doing that again, especially when I discovered that the closest mall now has a Free People store. Their clothes are so my style, and I could get in major trouble there. Must stay away!
Today is going to be a better day as I’m attending a 2-hour Vinyasa tune-up workshop this afternoon with my favorite yoga teacher, and let me tell you, my vinyasa practice could use some major tuning. I’m hoping the class will help me get back in my yoga groove.
In other news, I made a delicious breakfast. It was one of those bowls that I hoped would never end.
Chocolate Mint Smoathie (oats + smoothie = smoathie)
I love using Kath’s Dough Boy Smoothie as a base for whatever flavors I’m in the mood for – so many possibilities!
For this morning’s breakfast…
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup HEABified coconut milk
- 1/2 avocado
- handful spinach
- 1 packet stevia
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 to 3 drops peppermint extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 chopped square unsweetened Baker’s chocolate or 2 TBSP chocolate chips
- Blend rolled oats together with coconut milk and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Remove thickened oats from fridge and blend with remaining ingredients on high except chocolate.
- Stir in 1/2 chocolate and use the remaining as topping.