Yesterday, I popped a huge sweet potato in the toaster oven and went back to check on it after an hour only to find I never turned on the oven. I kept wondering where that yummy sweet potato smell was. Anyway, that’s when the great debate began…wait another hour+ for the potato or bake something with the leftover black beans sitting in the fridge. Beans won.
Black Bean Brownies
I’ve always wanted to try The Happy Herbivore’s Black Bean Brownies, and so after checking out Lindsay’s recipe, I tweaked it a bit for a sugar-free version.
HEABified Black Bean Brownies
- 1 and 3/4 cups black beans, drained and rinsed
- Coconut cream (2/3 cup HEABified coconut milk + 1/4 cup coconut flour whisked together)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour or oat bran
- 2 TBSP NuNaturals stevia baking blend
- 1 TBSP cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Process all ingredients together in a food processor and pour into greased 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Bake 30 minutes. Allow to cool before slicing and store in fridge.
For another tasty black bean treat, check out Rachel’s Chocolate Banana Bites. Have you ever made anything sweet with black beans?
If you get a chance please stop by Mara’s Online Flea Market for Pancreatic Research today! Bids close tonight at 9 PM CST.