Carrots Meet Basil

by HEAB on May 4, 2011

Last week, reader Marsha shared her favorite way to prepare carrots with me, and now I think it’s my favorite way to prepare carrots as it involves three ingredients I love: carrots, butter, and fresh basil.

IMG_5527_2.JPG

Slice your carrots fairly thin in a diagonal and sauté until caramelized in butter (or coconut oil), and at the end when you’re ready to plate them, toss carrots with fresh chopped basil. Marsha, these were so good, and the carrots do cook quicker when sliced that way. THANK YOU!

Summer enjoyed them as well…

Well, she enjoyed licking all the butter and basil off each carrot and then tossing them on the floor.

Looks like we have another butter lover in the family. Perhaps The Buttermyd will disappear faster that you thought! I ate my carrots with 2 scrambled eggs and scrambled one egg yolk for Summer, topping both our plates with a little fresh ground pepper. Guess what? Babies have taste buds too. You don’t have to start them out on bland rice cereal.

Some pediatricians advise skipping the egg whites until babies are 8 months old as if there are any egg allergies, it’s usually the white that cause the problem. So, I’ll probably just be sticking with the yolks for a while. Besides, the yolks contain all the good stuff anyway. :)

I’ve received a few questions regarding Baby Led Weaning and choking. Following is some info on the topic:

Many parents are worried that babies who feed themselves will choke, but, provided the baby is in control of any food that goes into his mouth and he is sitting upright, Baby Led Weaning doesn’t make choking any more likely than spoon-feeding – and may even make it less likely. Often, worries about choking are based on seeing babies gagging on food and confusing this with choking; these two mechanisms are related, but they are not the same thing. Gagging is a retching movement that pushes food away from the airway if it is too big to be swallowed. The baby opens his mouth and pushes his tongue forward; sometimes a piece of food appears at the front of his mouth…choking happens when the airway is completely or partially blocked and two factors that make choking more likely:

1) Someone else putting the food (or drink) into the baby’s mouth

2) A leaning back position.

If someone approached you with a bowl and spoon and started to spoon-feed you, the chances are you would reach out to stop them so that you could check what the food was and how much was on the spoon. You would want to control when and how it went into your mouth. These basic checks would let you predict how to deal with food once it was in your mouth; planning how to deal with food helps prevent choking…when a baby puts a piece of food in his mouth himself, he in in control of it. If he is able to chew it, he will. If he is able to get it to back of his throat, he’ll swallow it. If he isn’t able to do these things then, as long as he is upright, the food will simply fall out. Allowing the baby to feed himself means that he is in control – and having control helps to keep him safe.

So, provided the baby is supported (if necessary) in an upright position, is in control of what goes in his mouth, and is not given foods that are an obvious choking hazard (whole or large pieces of nuts, bony fish, meat gristle, and some fruits with pits like cherries, etc. Also a good idea to cut small round fruits like grapes and cherry tomatoes in half lengthwise), there is no reason to be more concerned with BLW than with any other method of introducing solids.

I leave you with a few wise words I read in the Goddess Circle yesterday …I get the feeling someone out there needs to hear them today. :)

The way I see it is that there is always, ALWAYS, a gift in a situation. A lesson, a forgiveness, an acceptance, a confirmation, etc…Sometimes life just tries to slow us down a bit to see the gift.

Marie-Sophie May 4, 2011 at 2:22 pm

Love the words …I am in a hard study period at the end of my very last oral finals – and I guess I just have to try and find the gift!

Yes, the choking part with BLW … I was also wondering even though I don’t have kids yet. It seems like such a great natural idea (guess that’s also what the cave women did … why should they have pureed it?! ;-) ).

But Heather, when I get a kid, could you send your dogs over to Germany so they can do some vacuuming over here?? :-)

HEAB May 4, 2011 at 8:23 pm

Marie-Sophie,
Haha – if you don’t have kids for at least 2 years. Until then, the dogs are needed here. ;)

Marie-Sophie May 5, 2011 at 3:02 am

Great, yay thanks! I’ll come back to you in 2 years time! ;-)
(perfect timing since I can’t really have kids any earlier than that … stupid law people, why do you always need at least 2 to 3 years experience for any interesting job that can be done part-time later on for when I’m a mommy ???!!)

In the meantime I just enjoy your lovely stories from being a mum – and those adorable pics from Summer :-)

Holly @ The Runny Egg May 4, 2011 at 2:29 pm

Those carrots look delicious!

And Summer is so smart — just lick the butter off! Genius :)

I am so interested in that baby led weaning — my sister did something similar but used almost entirely soft soft foods. But my niece would always feed herself!

Caroline @ OutofLiney.com May 4, 2011 at 2:30 pm

These carrots look delicious! I just adore basil, and what a classic combo. I posted about carrots yesterday (http://www.outofliney.com/?p=46) and will definitely try this method with coconut oil!

p.s. don’t lose hope- I’m sure Summer will eat the carrots too one day! :)

alli May 4, 2011 at 2:41 pm

yum! i’ve got some basil in the backyard and carrots in the fridge. can’t wait to try that :)
summer is just so adorable! she’s a foodie in the making. i love the variety of foods you are introducing her to-even if she doesn’t “carrot all” about them. sorry, i couldn’t help myself ;) i’ve heard- as i’m sure you have- that it can take multiple times.

great quote!

alli May 4, 2011 at 3:56 pm

i’m back because i just made those carrots. WOW! so good! i’ve only steamed carrots before. sauteeing them is my new favorite :)

HEAB May 4, 2011 at 8:21 pm

Allie,
Oh my gosh, aren’t they amazing. So glad you tried them. Looking at my post right now and thinking of making the carrots again for a late night snack. Definitely having more tomorrow. Must stock up on basil! :)

Lorne May 4, 2011 at 2:52 pm

I think we could all do with a little bit of snail like movement in our lives for us to take time to see the goodness round us.

Thanks for sharing these words of wisdom Heather :0)

melissa @ the delicate place May 4, 2011 at 3:17 pm

i just planted a crap ton of herbs in plastic tubs on my patio. basil is def one of them! fresh herbs are one of my fave things about food! you don’t need a heavy dressing of something if herbs are in play! esp lemon juice a little sea salt and chopped herbs mmmmmm.

HEAB May 4, 2011 at 8:19 pm

Melissa,
I really need to grow my own basil as I love putting it on and in everything. I tried years ago, and it died. Who kills basil? Me, that’s who. Hehe, however, I think it’s time I gave it another shot.

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) May 4, 2011 at 3:19 pm

“So, I’ll probably just be sticking with the yolks for a while. Besides, the yolks contain all the good stuff anyway. :) ”–

Thank you for saying that….in our culture of low fat, high protein, low this, high that, people seem to throw the yolks out the window when they do contain great things, especially for growing bodies and little brains. The yolks are where it’s at.

Glad you posted all the BLW info. I am past that stage but I know it will help lots of curious parents or parents to be. It worked wonderfully for us.

Those carrots…the only thing better would be roasting them in peanut butter (which i do…haha!) but butter…yes please! They look PERFECT!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) May 4, 2011 at 3:35 pm

I have really been liking inspirational quotes lately. I think I’ve been needing them! Thank you for sharing!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) May 4, 2011 at 3:37 pm

Oh and I totally second your thoughts on the yolks! I’m loving mine lately! Gotta love those B’s!

HEAB May 4, 2011 at 8:18 pm

Sarena,
Yes! I’ve wasted way too many yolks over the years. Very sad for myself. :(

Baking 'n' Books May 4, 2011 at 3:42 pm

Thank you…yep I needed them.

Carrots and butter – you can’t go wrong! Throw in any spice! :)

BethT May 4, 2011 at 3:56 pm

what are your thoughts on introducing more than one new food at a time? my doc suggested one new food a week to watch for potential allergies.

HEAB May 4, 2011 at 8:18 pm

BethT,
Yeah, I’ve read different thoughts on it, and I’m just kind of going with my instincts. I want to avoid peanuts and wheat for a while and probably nut butters too, although we might try sunflower seed butter. If Summer does have a reaction to anything, then we’ll take it from there. I’ve read that if you wait until 6 months to introduce solids, the baby’s digestive tract is a lot more mature than that of a 4 month old, so digestive problems are less likely. Also, with BLW, the baby will naturally eat very small amounts at first, and will usually only eat one or two new foods at a time. I plan to keep it pretty simple, but again, I’m not too concerned as I’ve never really been one to follow conventional wisdom when it comes to eating anyway. ;)

Lilly May 4, 2011 at 4:02 pm

Yep, I am def one of those people who needed to hear that today- I am going to be sharing that quote with my mama today :D Thanks for the great posts, I love your blog so much!

HEAB May 4, 2011 at 8:12 pm

Thanks for reading Lilly. :)

Mama Pea May 4, 2011 at 4:04 pm

I love cooked carrots, but now I have to add basil! Summer is so cute I could just have another one. Or die. One is definitely more likely.

Elena @ GagaForGrapefruit May 4, 2011 at 4:05 pm

LOVED those words! it will be awhile before I have children, but I think the baby led weaning is a very interesting concept and I look forward to watching Summer’s experience with it!

Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing May 4, 2011 at 4:05 pm

Love this! So fun to see her eating (er…sucking :) ) on real foods! <3

Alex @ Spoonful of Sugar Free May 4, 2011 at 4:25 pm

I think it is so great that you are feeding her real food. Her taste buds will develop so much faster this way! So we see a food connoisseur in the future?

HEAB May 4, 2011 at 8:11 pm

Alex,
If anything a butter connoisseur. :)

Courtney May 4, 2011 at 5:03 pm

Summer is a girl after my own heart :)

Katie May 4, 2011 at 5:18 pm

I love this baby led weaning approach! It seems so much easier than steaming and mashing everything. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on it – I can’t wait until I can try it out on my little one, too!

Rayna Mazer May 4, 2011 at 5:29 pm

Heather, i love those last words you left us with in this blog today! I am
trying to think about my situation in that way and keep thinking positively :)
thanks so much for your friendship !

HEAB May 4, 2011 at 8:11 pm

Rayna,
Thanks for being in my life. A few months from now, you’ll be better than new, and your body will probably thank you for the rest. :)

Roz May 4, 2011 at 5:39 pm

Atta girl Summer! Butter is GOOOD! :)

Kristen - Anywhere There's An Airport May 4, 2011 at 6:20 pm

I love seeing Summer’s food journey! Thank you so much for sharing. I will be so knowledgeable by the time I have one of my own :)

R @ Learning As I Chop May 4, 2011 at 6:53 pm

I definitely wondered about the choking issue but your points make sense

Courtney May 4, 2011 at 8:05 pm

I had taken your recommendation for Baby Led Weaning and loved it. We started Emmanuelle on food a month and a half ago and she is loving all the food. I love that she feeds herself and there is no food fight to shovel baby food down her throat the way I felt like I had to do with my two older kids. Thank you Heather.

HEAB May 4, 2011 at 8:10 pm

Courtney,
So happy to hear BLW is working for you. I’ve heard from other mothers who have tried both methods that BLW is so much easier than spoon feeding. We’re having fun with it ourselves thus far. :)

samantha May 4, 2011 at 8:06 pm

I wish we’d known about baby led weaning when our boys were wee, especially the younger. It will be interesting to continue seeing updates as Summer grows and eats more. And if I haven’t said it previously, the name Summer is just precious!

Great words from the Goddess Circle and very very true. I’m seeing very much lately how something can be perfectly timely and am grateful for that, even in the challenges.

HEAB May 4, 2011 at 8:08 pm

Sam,
Sometimes hard words to digest when you’re in the middle of drama, but looking back on the harder times, those works speak so true to me.

Amy May 4, 2011 at 8:23 pm

Those carrots look delicious!
That information on the baby feeding herself is so interesting! Makes sense!

Ana May 4, 2011 at 8:28 pm

Totally agree with the phrase you posted, every experience we go through brings us something good!
Looks like Summer is enjoying the new foods!! :-)
I learned on my life cycle nutrition that egg yolks should not be given to babies before 8 months and egg whites before 12 months. But if Summer ate it and didn’t have a reaction I am sure she is good to eat more of it!

HEAB May 4, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Ana,
Yeah, I read conflicting info. on when to try eggs. So far so good, but I think I’ll hold off on the whites. Yolks taste better anyway. :)

Maryea @ Happy Healthy Mama May 4, 2011 at 8:45 pm

I am loving reading about Summer’s journey with solids. Please keep the posts coming!

HEAB May 4, 2011 at 8:51 pm

Maryea,
Will do. :)

Ann May 4, 2011 at 8:55 pm

I was very intrigued by your mention of the Goddess Circle earlier, and checked out the website. I’m tempted to join, but I’m curious: I’m a pretty down to earth, skeptical kinda gal, and a lot of what I see on the website (while wonderfully cheery and positive and kind) seems a bit… spiritual? New age-y? I saw a mention of tarot cards, which I pretty much view as a load of hooey? Do you feel that there is also a place for the dubious nerdy atheists among us in the Goddess Circle? I like the idea of a group of strong, supportive women in any case.

HEAB May 4, 2011 at 10:26 pm

Ann,
Me again. Found this info on Goddess Leonie’s Goddess Circle info page and wanted to share:
“The lovely work I teach doesn’t need you to change your religion at all. First and foremost, I count what I teach as “women’s work.” So if you’re a woman, it will work for you. I’ve taught gorgeous women who are Hindu, Muslim, Catholic, Buddhist, Pagan and Atheist. It all works in beautifully. All you need to be open to is the possibility that you are a really amazing spirit..”

Helena May 4, 2011 at 9:21 pm

The BLW seams great and so much easier. My second son is 7 months and I’m spoon feeding him and pureeing his food so I think both ways are just as good. Maybe it’s just me or more from reading the comments, but I got the feeling that spoon feeding your baby is considered bad. I think, like you said, that you should go with your instincts and whatever works for your family.

I also have to say that I’m so impressed with Summer’s schedule. My little one still needs 3 naps some days and there is no way I can wait with his morning nap until 9 the mornings he wakes up at 5.

All babies are different and mine will just scream if he gets too tired whereas my friend’s baby just keeps going. If Summer only naps an hour in the afternoon can she make it until 6?

I’ve read Marc Weissbluth’s book and I totally agree on some parts, but find it really hard when you also have a toddler who needs to go out and play.

Anyways, sorry for the long comment. I love your blog and love reading about your life as a mom. You seem to be an amazing one!

HEAB May 4, 2011 at 9:45 pm

Helena,
Thanks so much for reading my blog, and whichever way you choose to feed your baby is the best way for YOU, and that is what matters whether it be with a spoon or with baby’s own hand. They’re still getting yummy & wholesome food either way, right? So, yes, I agree, you go with the mom’s instinct. If I’ve learned anything since having Summer, it’s go with what I’m feeling as that is usually the always the best decision.

As far as Summer’s sleeping goes, she takes pretty long naps and goes to bed early. She was sleeping from 9 to 11 and 1 to 3 everyday, but she was always so sleepy by 9, that I had in her crib at 8:30 this morning and she fell asleep around 8:45. So, we might need to try an earlier morning nap. It’s so hard to figure out with her feeding schedule, especially now that we’re adding in solids. I just try and go by her cues for the most part when it comes to sleeping. If she sleeps until 3 in the afternoon, she’s usually out by 6 PM, and if she wakes up earlier from her afternoon nap, then she’s wants to go to bed a little earlier. We’re not really strict on the times, and it varies a bit from day-to-day, but for the most part, Summer’s body seems to stick to her schedule…like clockwork most days. Oh, and I should mention that CD and I often take Summer on a short walk when he gets home from work (around 5:15), and she usually falls asleep in the stroller or carrier. So, she could probably be in bed most nights before 6, but then CD would never get to spend much time with her.

You sound like you’re doing an amazing job yourself. Thanks for the support Helena. Always so nice to hear from other mamas. :)

Tara May 4, 2011 at 9:38 pm

I like cooking carrots and then dousing them in oregano. It’s soooo good!
Summer is absolutely adorable, though she might turn orange after the sweet potatoes in the last post and the carrots in this post!

HEAB May 4, 2011 at 9:46 pm

Tara,
I know. I was afraid of that. Her nose used to be orange from all the betacarotene in my breast milk.

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli May 4, 2011 at 9:56 pm

Mmm! LOVE egg yolks!

I am so intrigued by the BLW! After reading that info, I am positive that if I ever decide to have children that this will definitely be my plan!

Trisha May 4, 2011 at 10:29 pm

I love how she is eating “normal” food. Really, just real food. So great! And who doesn’t want straight egg yolks? I’ll take some! She is adorable.
That quote is fabulous :)

Marty May 4, 2011 at 10:40 pm

Oh my, makin’ sauteed carrots tonight, though I’m gonna roast them in the oven with our fav cauliflower! Out of fresh basil but have Italian parsley, I know not exactly the same, but hey it’s green!

Hannah May 4, 2011 at 11:05 pm

Love that quote! And love how glorious orange your carrots are. Makes my pale supermarket specimens look very pathetic in comparison…

Dea May 5, 2011 at 12:46 am

I’m going to try cooking carrots that way! I have a crisper full of sweet CSA carrots and while I love them raw, another way would be nice. (not a fan of boiled carrots.)
Also I am over the moon that you’re doing BLW. My in laws and extended family thought/ think I am crazy for doing it, but now they’ve mostly come around. I wish more people understood it and tried it. So much easier! SO MUCH! As for choking and gagging when I’m asked I explain it like you did, but mostly I say gagging isn’t bad, it’s the baby learning to move food around to prevent gagging. Both of mine have gagged a lot, but neither has ever choked.
We waited so long to introduce cutlery to Trixie that even now at 3 years old she still prefers her fingers. heh… we’re working on that. We’ve started Hudson with spoons and forks, but mostly he holds them in the opposite hand than he’s eating with. Funny!

HEAB May 5, 2011 at 6:51 am

Dea,
That is so cute – Hudson using his fork as an accessory. Hehe, love it. Good to know about the gagging/choking. I know the gagging will happen, but I’ve seen it happen with spoon fed babies too. Chewing/swallowing – all one big learning process, huh? Thanks for the encouragement! :)

Jessica May 5, 2011 at 7:43 am

I absolutely LOVED seeing Jake try new foods when he was Summer’s age! One of his most favorite foods every was simple guac (I make mine chunky with corn etc) he loved the taste and always had so much fun eating it. It was messy and soft and just plain fun – it made me look at that guac in a whole new light.

I think I need roasted carrots soon.

Kath (My Funny Little Life) May 5, 2011 at 7:57 am

Basil is one of my favorite herbs (all-time favorite, but with carrots especially! :D ) – I even put it into my green smoothies. :)

Allie May 5, 2011 at 9:07 am

Omg Kath, I feel like every time I comment on HEAB I’m playing comment tag with you … haha. (e.g. I always seem to comment right after you have …)

Allie May 5, 2011 at 9:05 am

Mmm, the carrots look yummy. Summer looks darlin’. And, if I remember correctly, when we are born, the passage between our trachea and esophagus is still somewhat undeveloped. This is why a baby can nurse and breathe and the same time- and not choke (they aren’t connected like in an adult, yet). But, humans made a sacrifice in order to talk- as a human develops more, the trachea has to close of when downing food or drink. So every time we eat or drink something a flap closes the trachea and sends the food down the esophagus, if this doesn’t happen … choking occurs … Long story short, I think babies are a bit more protected than adults in this area, BUT one should still be vigilant … I’m not sure when the two pathways reach their adult-like construction …

Meagan May 5, 2011 at 11:42 am

I bet Summer would love just eating the butter straight :) I am a big believer in the fact that we (Americans) ruin our kid’s sense of food by improper weaning (bland food) and kids menus (mac and cheese, hot dogs). It should be the opposite – we need to feed our children REAL FOOD FROM THE BEGINNING! I am happy to see that you obviously know this :) :)

Julie May 5, 2011 at 2:10 pm

It sounds like you’ve really done your research but I hope you’re not just getting your statistics from the Baby Led Weaning side of the fence. I have a cousin who was adament about using this approach with her 7 month old and he choked to death on some shredded chicken. It was a horribly tragic thing and she’ll never get over it. Its really not horrible for your child to start off with pureed food, is it? I mean, she’s only 6 months old.

HEAB May 5, 2011 at 2:15 pm

Julie,
Oh my gosh – I am so sorry. That is tragic! I have nothing against pureed foods, and I’m sure we’ll be doing some purees and the big chunks of stringy meat do make me nervous. For now we’re sticking with softer foods that she can gum – cooked veggies, avocado, etc. We do want to feed her meat, but again, it does make me nervous. Thanks again for sharing about your cousin. I will be cautious and very aware of what we choose to give Summer.

Aly May 5, 2011 at 2:29 pm

Hi Heather!

I’ve been reading your blog for a while now, but haven’t ever commented. I love reading about your parenting choices and recipes etc., and in response to your comment the other day – you should, of course, take YOUR blog in whatever direction you feel is appropriate!

My question – (Because I think you’re the expert here haha…)
How long do you store your nutbutters and ABU in the fridge? And do you think it’s important to use glass jars or is that not really significant?

Thanks!
Aly

AND Summer is beyond adorable! I’m fascinated by BLW – thanks for sharing.

HEAB May 5, 2011 at 2:38 pm

Hi Aly,
Thanks so much for your kind words regarding my blog and for reading. :)

I rarely store my roasted nut butters in the fridge b/c I prefer them on the runnier side, and then tend to harden in the fridge. However, b/c ABU contains nut milk, then it needs to be refrigerated, and will probably only last about 4 days or so. Therefore, when I do make it, I usually never make more than 2 cups, and I never have a problem finishing it off in a few days. If that is too much, then simply make it in smaller batches. You can even make a serving at time with equal parts almond butter/nut milk.

Roasted nut butters will last a good while in your cabinet – at least several weeks. I do store raw nut butters in the fridge, and they too will last several weeks. That being said, tahini (should be stored in fridge) seems to go rancid faster than other nut/seed butters, and so be aware of that. Hope this helps, and again, thanks for reading!

Aly May 5, 2011 at 2:42 pm

Super helpful, thank you!

Katie May 5, 2011 at 7:56 pm

The baby led weaning sounds really interesting! If you’re not pureeing her food, how are you able to ensure that she’s getting the right number of calories/nutrients? I mean, I’m totally with Summer on licking the butter off the carrots :-) but is she actually getting any nutrients from the carrots themselves when she does that?

HEAB May 5, 2011 at 8:09 pm

Katie,
Good question. For the first few weeks/months of solids, it’s just about experimenting/learning about food. Summer still gets most of her nutrients from formula and breast milk. Once she starts eating rather than licking, we’ll be giving her fewer liquids and more real food. :)

Laura May 5, 2011 at 8:21 pm

That carrot recipe sounds so yummy . . . My son was a very adventurous eater when he started eating solids, and all the way up until he went to preschool. Then he found out from the other kids that vegetables were “yucky” and he immediately stopped eating them. But he always hated pureed baby food vegetables. And my daughter has been listening to her brother about what to eat from day one.

Chandra May 6, 2011 at 8:14 am

Baby led weaning is a great thing. You guys feeding her what you are eating is an awesome thing. My first child we did everything by the book. She was fed baby food for a long while. When the second one came along…he would have none of that yucky stuff. He ate whatever we had. I just slopped it on his tray (just like you’re doing) and he eats everything now. Not picky at all and my daughter is very picky. Not sure if this is why but you never know.

kathleen May 6, 2011 at 8:04 pm

My pediatrician said I could start feeding my little one at his 4 month appointment. Did I say little one? I meant my 19lber yes he’s 19 pounds at 4 months. Anyway, if he seems interested when I am eating, I will hand him something. So far he’s sucked on a banana and a carrot oh and, he spit sweet potato at me. Nothing’s made it in but we’re having fun. Anyway, he’s almost 5 months now and still no real eating but thanks for sharing your child led weaning. Like everything else I figure he would do it when he’s ready but people are very strange about the pureéd food thing. Even the pediatrician was stuck on bland food so I kind of dropped the conversation with him after a bit. Although he never said I couldn’t feed him something, even peanuts which was weird because all the books make it seem as if my child will die if I don’t wait x amount of time. I was told that they aren’t so concerned with allergies like they used to be. Funny his things go in and out. Don’t feed them x it causes allergies, feed them x because it will expose then and wont cause allergies… the contradictory life of a mother =)

HEAB May 6, 2011 at 8:21 pm

Kathleen,
Yes, every book accept for Real Food For Mother & Baby by Nina Planck has warned me against peanuts. Planck mentions it, but also admits her son had peanuts before his first bday and lived. We’ll probably avoid them for a while, but I might try sunflower seed butter.

We’re having so much fun with BLW. Summer still hasn’t swallowed much, but it’s fascinating just watching her explore and discover the different flavors. She loved her sweet potato fries but was not a fan of today’s avocado.

Happy Mother’s Day to you! :)

Monica May 7, 2011 at 12:38 pm

Those are some mighty powerful words in that quote. I need to find a way to display those words both at work and at home, especially for this phase in life where uncertainty in the future has me asking ‘why’ way too often. :)

{ 5 trackbacks }