Stay At Home Mom’s Quick Quinoa

by HEAB on May 12, 2011

It finally hit me this week that I really love being a stay-at-home mom. For any new readers, I used to work as a massage therapist in a doctor’s office. This past November I had a baby, and 6 months later, here I sit pinning various art projects for kids and starting an herb garden. Who am I?!? Seriously, if you would have told me I’d ever be this excited about planning my day around nap time, dreaming about arts and crafts, and picking my own fresh basil, I would have guffawed and chuckled and sniffled and gigglesnorted right in your face…and mostly because I’ve never been able to keep a basil plant alive. ;)

No, but seriously, this mama journey has been hard and challenging, with so many ups and downs, but it’s also been the most 6 wonderful months of my life. Even though one can never truly be prepared for the arrival of a bambino, especially their first, I kind of thought I knew what I was getting into. I was older, and CD and I waited until we felt ready. So many of my friends had already had babies, and I knew I would be exhausted. I knew that it was not going to be easy, yadda, yadda, yadda. You always hear how hard it will be, but you know what? It’s really fun too. In fact, every time I encounter a pregnant woman, I just want to run up and hug her and tell her she has so much to look forward to…so so SO much. I’m not sure why I’m writing these words today. Perhaps there is someone out there who needs to hear them? Anyway onto my lunch. It involved a lot of fresh herbs from my garden. OK, so my garden = a pot, but how fun is that to say?!?

Salmon cakes, basil carrots, and my lazy version of Molly’s quinoa salad.

For the salmon cakes, I used brown rice chips, and added cilantro. Loved the cakes, loved the carrots, but my favorite was the quinoa.

And nap time is officially over. Gotta go. Hope you enjoy the quinoa! I’ll leave you with some wise words I read in the Goddess Circle today,

Fear isn’t something dark or negative: it’s a natural human response. We need it for our fight or flight instincts to kick in. The problem is when we let it consume us and stop us from doing the things we need to. But fear is also something that can act as a catalyst for moving our lives forward. It isn’t about being fearless – everyone is scared of the unknown – but about being courageous. About looking at fear and seeing it for what it truly is and doing what your heart so obviously wants you to do anyway.

Amy May 12, 2011 at 3:23 pm

It might be me who needed to hear those words. I’m due to have a baby in 2 weeks! :)

Baking 'n' Books May 12, 2011 at 3:29 pm

Thank you for that last quote. I read something recently:

“Do it Scared”.

I need that more than ever.

And – raisins make ANYTHING better!!! But the salmon cakes have stolen my eyes…:)

Holly @ The Runny Egg May 12, 2011 at 3:30 pm

I love that quote at the bottom about fear — I read a book called The Dance of Fear which discusses Social Anxiety + a few other topics and the author explains what you just described — you need to attack your fear when it becomes all consuming, etc. Anyway, thanks for including that!

I would love that quinoa dish because there are raisins in there! I just love dishes with raisins.

HEAB May 12, 2011 at 7:35 pm

Holly,
Me too! Love raisins – especially in savory dishes. Such a lovely sweet touch of flavor. :)

Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing May 12, 2011 at 3:34 pm

I love hearing so many positive things about parenthood on your blog :)

Valerie @ City|Life|Eats May 12, 2011 at 3:41 pm

I am so happy you are so happy :) I have been reading your blog over a year – since a little before you announced you were pregnant – so it has been wonderful reading you all this time.

And yay for quinoa!

Laughing Lindsay May 12, 2011 at 3:43 pm

Wow. Just wow. I’m 2 months pregnant and literally every. single. person. I’ve told has immediately told me a horror story about how hard it was for them. Everything from miscarriages to nightmare deliveries to heart conditions. It’s been rough! A few have actually come back and apologized for laying it on so thick.
I am so refreshed and energized when I read your blog – especially about your new journey with Summer. I love how much you enjoy her! I want to be a mom just like you. I’d also be honored to have such an adorable little angel like Summer.
I love your blog so much! I actually had lunch with you here in Denver at Watercourse Foods a few years ago. You’re a complete delight, one of my favorite bloggers, and a huge inspiration as a mom and as a woman. I’m going to read your blog forever!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for writing those uplifting words.

HEAB May 12, 2011 at 7:39 pm

Lindsay,
Hi!!!! Yes, I totally know who you are – it’s good to hear from you, and I am beyond excited that you are expecting. Trust your body – It is wise and knows what to do. You are going to be an amazing mom for your own little angel before you know it, and I could not be more happy for you. :)

Ellen May 12, 2011 at 3:48 pm

i know just how you feel. i’ve always been the independent, feminist, i’m going to have a great career type, but lately i find myself planning vegetable gardens, figuring out how to keep chickens in the city, fermenting homemade pickles and ketchup, wanting to settle down, and, perhaps most of all, i have serious baby fever. i’ve been having the same “who am i!?!” moment for the last 6 months!

this looks so tasty. its making my stomach growl!

HEAB May 12, 2011 at 7:40 pm

Ellen,
You are too funny, and I think we would have so much fun together. I’d love for you to teach me how to ferment pickles and make my own ketchup. :)

Roz May 12, 2011 at 3:52 pm

Such a nice post. You were obviously meant to be a Mum!!!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) May 12, 2011 at 3:55 pm

“this mama journey has been hard and challenging, with so many ups and downs, but it’s also been the most 6 wonderful months of my life.”

That’s perfectly on point. Exactly how I felt about the first 6 mos too. And really the first 18-24. But the time she was 2, I was ready to go back to work, in some capacity, just to have something else besides cloth diapers and breast pumps in my life. :) But in the early days, I LOVED every second of being at home and just being a mom. I hadn’t yet started blogging but had I, that would have been even cooler.

Pinning. Need to fiddle with that. In Aruba! For the next 3 weeks :)

The whole…”who am I”…YES!!! I feel the same way about it all…from cooking, a food blog, having a baby, photography…like huh, who am I ? :)

Charlotte May 12, 2011 at 3:58 pm

Mmmm… I will eat anything with cilantro in it! Fortunately I also love spinach and quinoa! This recipe is def. going into my to-make pile!

Sarah May 12, 2011 at 4:07 pm

Heather, I love you so much and am so grateful for you! I feel like we’d be best friends if you lived in Cincinnati:) The past two days, Julian’s been cluster feeding almost hourly, NOT sleeping, and it’s been really, really difficult (he’s 11 weeks; I think he’s going through his 3 month growth spurt?). I love him so much and have never felt like I have more of a purpose than I do being his mom, so thanks for reminding me of that!

HEAB May 12, 2011 at 7:42 pm

Sarah,
Of course we would. :)

Definitely sounds like a growth spurt – I know it’s hard, but I actually miss those quite moments together at night alone with Summer. Immerse yourself in them as they are so precious, and before you know it, Julian will be sleeping through the night.

BethT May 12, 2011 at 4:14 pm

Totally 100% agree with you…I just found out a colleague is expecting her first and had to run over there to welcome her to the club :) So important to support new mamas!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) May 12, 2011 at 4:19 pm

I know you’re making some changes with how you blog and I have to say that I love it! I love hearing how happy you are right now and it really does encourage me to be happy! Love the quote in the end!

Elena @ GagaForGrapefruit May 12, 2011 at 4:24 pm

that last quote was EXACTLY what i needed today. thanks H. you’re the best! :)

HEAB May 12, 2011 at 7:43 pm

Elena,
You’re welcome. :)

lindsay May 12, 2011 at 4:26 pm

i love how this blog has transformed because of your new found passion as a mom. It makes me feel so happy! I can’t wait to be a mom like you.
;)

Katie May 12, 2011 at 4:31 pm

Fresh cilantro makes the world go round in the summer months. I love it in and on everything! I bet it would be awesome in the salmon patties, too.

You’re an amazing mother…it shows through every thing you type.

Angela May 12, 2011 at 4:52 pm

I just wanted to say I know EXACTLY what you mean about being a SAHM. I’ve been home with my son for 3 years now and I have never been happier. I still do photography on the weekends but he comes with me to most of my shoots since I’m a family photographer and other parents like to have their kids play with him between shots to keep them relaxed.
We’ve also started our own herb garden (in a pot). I wanted him to be part of the whole process so we went and picked out a few types of seeds and a window planter. It’s been a couple of months now and our cilantro, basil and italian parsley are several inches tall but not ready to pick. My son has had such a great time checking on them every day and watering them. He asked every morning, “Mommy, did my plants growed?!” It’s been a blast, I just wish we had the space for veggies. :D

HEAB May 12, 2011 at 7:45 pm

Angela,
Oh my gosh – “did my plants growed?” I LOVE it. As much as I want time to slow down, I cannot wait to start conversing with Summer. I narrate everything for her now, and CD always tells me, “you talk to her a lot.” Hehe, it’s only b/c I want her to start talking back to me! :)

susie May 12, 2011 at 5:24 pm

I am a mom to one little boy who turns 2 on Saturday. I had him much older and I hear you on being tired,. But, of course , never change a minute of it! Well, ok maybe for a little more sleep :) Love yuor blog! and your Heab herb garden :)

HEAB May 12, 2011 at 7:46 pm

Thanks Susie,
I’ll think of you next time my body is craving a nap…which will be tomorrow as soon as I wake up. ;)

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} May 12, 2011 at 5:32 pm

I can relate to your feelings about being a stay-at-home mom. So many of my working woman friends don’t seem to understand how I could love staying home as a mom, but I absolutely do. It seems natural and perfect for me at this time in my life.

HEAB May 12, 2011 at 7:47 pm

Maryea,
Yes, I know it’s not for everyone, but it feels natural and right for me. Wouldn’t want to be doing anything else at this point in my life, and I’m so grateful that I am able to be at home with Summer.

Lauren May 12, 2011 at 5:33 pm

Hi Heather! I love your blog! That quinoa looks amazing and you are so creative! I am a teenage girl and have just started my own blog! If you get a chance to check it out, that would be wonderful and I would be so honored! Thank you for being an inspiration for me to start a blog! -Lauren
teeneatlive.wordpress.com

Mary @ Bites and Bliss May 12, 2011 at 6:06 pm

We just made someting with cilantro the other day and it gave it such a fresh, almost sweet flavor. It was really nice and I bet this is too!

Ragnhild May 12, 2011 at 6:08 pm

Hi Healther :)
Just want to tell you I made the quinoa flour for the porrige you posted a while ago. And I lovde it so so much! Really filling, and soo good with tahini on top. I feel totally like you when I eat it ;)
Thanks for a great blog !

HEAB May 12, 2011 at 7:48 pm

Ragnhild,
I’m so glad you liked the quinoa flour porridge, and even more glad that you enjoyed it with tahini. Thanks for reading my blog. :)

Courtney May 12, 2011 at 6:12 pm

Yum! Your quinoa looks tasty :) did Summer get any?

HEAB May 12, 2011 at 7:50 pm

Courtney,
No, not yet. She can’t quite pinch small foods with her fingers yet, and can only grab “stick” foods. So, we’re not doing any grains for a while, and she can’t have raisins anyway. Choking hazard. :( Oh well, just means more for me! :)

Kate (This Place is Now a Home) May 12, 2011 at 6:18 pm

Could not agree more about being a mom. I can’t stop gushing about how awesome it is on my blog, and often I get people emailing me and telling me I’m a horrible person for just talking about the good things and not the bad. But honestly? Most of the time it’s a dream for me. Not always easy, but always wonderful.

That quinoa looks right up my alley. Bonus, my 9 month old (with some possible food allergies) can totally eat it too! (Minus the choking hazard raisins…)

Yum!

HEAB May 12, 2011 at 7:52 pm

Kate,
Not horrible at all. You’re in love with being a mom, and how is that different from people being in love with any other career and sharing? NOTHING! If it makes you happy, then why not tell everyone? Hope you and your baby enjoy the quinoa…I think you should top yours with a few raisins. :)

Carolyn May 12, 2011 at 6:22 pm

Your plate looks colorful Heather. I bet that was really yummy. The basil carrots i made with a little oregano added too really went over well here at my house.

Enjoy your evening. I hope Summer is enjoying all her fun new foods.

HEAB May 12, 2011 at 7:53 pm

Bid,
Did you try the carrots too? I love letting them caramelize in the butta. So sweet…almost gooey.

CH May 12, 2011 at 6:33 pm

Do you plan on going back to work after Summer is a year or two old, or do you envision yourself being a permanent SAHM? Just curious — either one is a good choice. :)

HEAB May 12, 2011 at 7:55 pm

CH,
We plan on procreating every 2 years until my body says no more.

KIDDING! I plan to stay at home for a while, at least until Summer goes to school, although nothing is set in stone. We shall see. :)

Angel7 May 12, 2011 at 7:04 pm

There are seasons in one’s life, and right now my season is being a stay-at-home mommy. I am not sure what the next season of my life will entail–a job, etc.–but I am happy and very content where I am at now. Everyone could always use extra money, but to stay at home and raise a child is very, very, very rewarding. I mean… That is one of the reasons we were put on this earth.

I love the last quote!

Pure2raw Twins May 12, 2011 at 7:16 pm

Heather that dish looks amazing!!! I love quinoa and it has been a few days since I have it and now seeing this beautiful dish I am craving some right now!!!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey May 12, 2011 at 7:42 pm

I’ve enver been scared to have kids. I can’t wait – I’ve always wanted them!

Jen May 12, 2011 at 7:44 pm

This post made me smile! I’m 3 months pregnant and I love my job. I don’t think I’ll be a stay at home mom but it’s nice to hear positive feedback about motherhood. I’m scared but I know I’ll be a better person in the long run!

HEAB May 12, 2011 at 7:57 pm

Jen,
Congrats, and yes, staying at home isn’t for everyone. I have several friends who say going to work makes them a better mom, and I believe it. We all have different paths, and only you know what’s right for you. So excited for you – you have much to look forward to! :)

natalie May 12, 2011 at 7:44 pm

what an adorable post!! I love it.

Jaime May 12, 2011 at 7:52 pm

I needed to hear those words today. I’m 28 (turning 29 in August) and ALL of my high school, college, and graduate school friends are married/engaged and having babies. I’m not even close to being engaged, but I so want to get married and have children and I’m afraid I’m running out of time, or that I’ll be OLD when/if it finally happens for me. You are a beautiful example of someone who waited a little longer to have a baby, and it gives me hope that one day I will have that too. So yes, I’m sure there are many many people who needed to hear your words today. I’m just one of them. THANK YOU. :)

HEAB May 12, 2011 at 8:01 pm

Jaime,
Oh my friend, there is still so much time. I know everyone has told you that, but there REALLY is. Chris and I had our first official date 2 days before my 30th b-day. :)

Put it out there and give energy to your dreams. It will happen as it’s meant to be. I really don’t believe you would have the desires that you do if it was meant to be any other way.

Baking 'n' Books May 12, 2011 at 9:48 pm

That is so inspirational. To give hope and encouragement to others. It feels good to know that someone else has faith in you.

HEAB – just wanted to mention about broccoli – I read that you can put stale bread in with it while cooking to help decrease the “odor” – I don’t know if it works, but worth a try and to let readers know if it does! Personally I haven’t noticed an odor – but I live alone and am immune to these things ;) .

HEAB May 13, 2011 at 10:02 am

Baking n Books,
Thanks – have never heard the bread tip. I will try it!

Jaime May 12, 2011 at 11:27 pm

“put it out there and give energy to your dreams” – love that!

thank you again, Heather. Your words mean more than you know! *hugs*

jennifer May 12, 2011 at 8:11 pm

Hi Heather!
It’s so nice to be following you through this journey and hearing how wonderful you are feeling about it all!!

I’m going to copy and save Goddess quote you posted – that’s a keeper!

Sandi May 12, 2011 at 8:21 pm

“fact, every time I encounter a pregnant woman, I just want to run up and hug her and tell her she has so much to look forward to…so so SO much. ”

Oh HEAB, you are SUCH an inspiration. Your words inspire me to care for myself so that I can have a happy, healthy baby someday :)

Maria (Maria Makes Muffins) May 12, 2011 at 9:47 pm

Heather, you are such an amazing person and when you speak about being a mother, it always moves me to tears. Summer is so lucky to have such a wondeful mommy.

Also, thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. It means a lot to me.

molly May 12, 2011 at 9:49 pm

love. love. love!

rachel May 12, 2011 at 10:56 pm

YUM!! I know I love those carrots!! xoRH

Marie-Sophie May 13, 2011 at 1:00 am

Heather, I know someone who needs to hear your words about becoming a mum and being a mom!
My best friend is thinking about becoming pregnant and – like me – is a very rational person. so right now she is just thinking about how she maybe might not be ready to be a mom or whether she could handle this or whether she might not be able to love this kid.

I am sending her your post today!!! I think she needs to hear that from a happy mum! :-)

HEAB May 13, 2011 at 10:01 am

Marie-Sophie,
Oh, I hope it helps your friend. Honestly, I don’t think anyone is ever completely ready, but she just needs to trust and have faith in herself.

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) May 13, 2011 at 1:33 am

Your lunch looks so good!!

Growing stuff is so much fun. I have an herb AeroGarden that just starting growing enough to prune. Hoping to have a bigger one outside sometime soon.

Haley May 13, 2011 at 1:46 am

Aww, I think you’re right… sounds like a few of us needed to hear about your perfect journey today.

My husband + I literally JUST decided to try for a baby [as in two days ago] and I haven’t been able to get thoughts of pregnancy, conception, and babies out of my head since then.

It means a lot to hear such positivity from you… it makes me want to go back into the past and read all your pregnancy posts =)

Again, a huge MAHALO!

HEAB May 13, 2011 at 9:59 am

Haley,
So exciting. :)
I’m always just an email away if you ever need to “talk”. Best of luck to your and your husband. Put your vision out there – it will happen.

megan @ the oatmeal diaries May 13, 2011 at 4:26 am

I didn’t realize you used to be a massage therapist! So cool. I am loving that fear quote too :)

Hannah May 13, 2011 at 4:48 am

It fills me with so much happiness to feel your joy coming through in these words! I can only hope the same for myself one day. Thank you :)

Sarah May 13, 2011 at 7:25 am

I really appreciate you saying what you did. I’m pregnant with my first, and it’s just comforting to hear that it’s ok to not enjoy every part of pregnancy. A friend of mine actually said very similar things to me yesterday- along with the assurance that if I EVER feel crazy/overwhelmed/depressed/whatever, I should call her.
What a blessing.
Thanks for sharing your story. It’s helpful to know that motherhood doesn’t have to be picture-perfect while still being wonderful.

HEAB May 13, 2011 at 9:58 am

Sarah,
It’s so true. There are many ups and downs. My gosh, I was so sick during my first trimester, that I swore up and down I’d NEVER do it again, but that is all in the past, and I’d do it again in a heartbeat.

Many congrats – it’s an amazing journey and so worth it. I promise.

Jessica@ Fruit and Veggie Tales May 13, 2011 at 7:34 am

I so enjoyed this post! It’s true that the difficulties of being a mom ca be overwhelmong at times but the joy is beyond measure! They are so cute, fun, riduclously hilarious, cuddly…..the list goes on! My youngest and your Summer are only a couple of weeks apart! Too bad you are so far away or we could play! Also, can’t wait to try your quinoa recipe….I like easy and delicious! :-)

HEAB May 13, 2011 at 9:52 am

Jessica,
Aw, I wish we could have a play date together with out little ones too. Hope you enjoy the quinoa and happy cuddling. :)

Tori (Fresh Fruition) May 13, 2011 at 9:27 am

Perfect! I just bought some quinoa and spinach at the store yesterday! I’ll have to give this a try :)

Felicia (Natural + Balanced) May 13, 2011 at 10:09 am

love this post heather :) if you ever make it to upstate NY in the summer we can have some gardening fun in my back yard :) so many veg, herbs, berries, and potatoes! you should get those tomatoes that grow upside down on the porch.. hehe

HEAB May 13, 2011 at 10:18 am

Felicia,
Deal! :)

birdie to be May 13, 2011 at 11:00 am

This meal looks amazing! I cant wait to add spinach to my quinoa! :)

Clare @ Fitting it All In May 13, 2011 at 11:20 am

So glad to hear you’re loving it! How could you not with such a sweet little girl:)

And what a simple but delicious quinoa recipe! I’m always looking for ways to spice up my grain dishes.

Megan@Dirty Dishes Daily May 13, 2011 at 12:11 pm

I love quinoa because you can added it to any meal and it is fantastic. Right now, I’m loving quinoa in the morning instead of oatmeal

Samantha Angela May 13, 2011 at 12:18 pm

I made a huge batch of quinoa salad on Monday that I’ve been eating all week. In it I put a tonne of fresh herbs (basil,savory, mint) the zest and juice of a lemon and an orange, and toasted hazelnuts. It was delicious!

Sylvia @ LifeIsGoodWithFood May 13, 2011 at 1:45 pm

Hmmmmm, I have quinoa at home… but I’ve never tried it before. Must make some. Nowwww.

Btw, my lavender plant died. :( I loved it with too much water, and it rotted from the roots up. -___-;; Ugh. Waste of 3 bucks, but it still smells good, even in its death.

HEAB May 14, 2011 at 6:32 pm

Sylvia,
Mourning your lavender. :(

Katherine May 13, 2011 at 2:14 pm

Hey, I have been following your blog, and I am getting my blog up and going. Added you to my blogroll :)

natalie (the sweets life) May 13, 2011 at 2:21 pm

This was so sweet to read…Summer is lucky, you’ve obviously a wonderful mom! Happy Friday Heather!

Jeannie Gross May 13, 2011 at 2:39 pm

Hi Heather!
I love your site-I’ve been reading off and on for a few months now! I really enjoy your stories, recipes and pictures! Congrats on little Summer; she’s adorable!
I didn’t know you worked as a massage therapist! That’s cool- I’ve been a stay at home mom of 4 for almost 10 yrs now and contemplating going to school to become a massage therapist! Did you enjoy it? Any tips on getting into the industry?
Best wishes and glad you’re enjoying mommy-life!

HEAB May 14, 2011 at 6:31 pm

Hi Jeannie,
How cool you are thinking about going to massage therapy school. I LOVED school. Learning how to heal the body intrigued me – such a powerful gift, and I loved being able to care for others in that way. I think it would be a great part-time career some day in the future for me or any mom for that matter.

Although it could be challenging at times, I truly loved my job. It was wonderful not to have to go sit in a cubicle all day (did that for a few years – misery for me!). My schedule was flexible, but I often worked nights and weekends. You just need to establish boundaries with your practice hours and stick to them. I specialized in sports massage, deep tissue, and neuromuscular therapy. So, a full workday (3 to 4 sessions) could be quite taxing. Your body does get used to it, but it requires plenty of self care. Also, people assume that it’s a lucrative career – I guess b/c massages are so expensive, but trust me, I was not rolling in the cash. Unless you work like crazy, you will not make a ton of money, but keep in mind, t’s a rewarding career in so many other ways. Hope this helps and never hesitate to email me with any questions. Thanks for reading my blog. :)

Allison May 13, 2011 at 3:42 pm

So glad you’re enjoying stay at home mommyhood! I’ve been at home for over 12 years now and thought that when the kids get older / start school, I’ll go back to work. I have since realized that they actually need you more as they get older and it’s even more important that I be around now as my girls approach their early teens.

HEAB May 14, 2011 at 6:21 pm

Allison,
CD’s mom has told me the same thing. She stayed so busy helping out at the school and driving her boys all over the place with their cross country meets, sports activities, etc. Not sure what the future holds, but I would love to be there for Summer whenever she needs me.

Paulina (One Smile Ahead) May 14, 2011 at 11:27 am

I love the quote! This recipe looks awesome too. Quinoa’s recently become my favorite grain. I’m glad your basil plant’s doing good! I’d love to do some gardening of my own :]

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli May 15, 2011 at 8:56 am

Mmm, savory AND sweet! Love the addition of the raisins! I need to get a cilantro plant!

I’m so glad you are enjoying being a stay at home mommy. I know some women cherish the first few months with their little one, but at the same time feel like they NEED to go back to work to get a little balance. My mother stayed at home with me, but didn’t get that privilege when my sister was born. I’ve always said that if I ever have children, I want to stay home with them. Not only do I feel like you miss so much when you’re away, but there is also just that time of bonding and learning…both for the baby and for yourself.

Thank you for including the quote in this post. I really needed to hear something like that today. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend, Heather! Love ya!

Shauna May 20, 2011 at 10:02 am

Oh my goodness! I usually read your blog on my phone and I could never get the “pinning” link to work. But today I looked it up. What a visual feast! I love it! I have been trying to use Springpad for about a year, and I hate it. It just doesn’t work right. I hope they get me an invite quickly because I see so much stuff on there I want to repin!