Cannot Stop Labeling

by HEAB on May 26, 2011

At my former job, not only was I the resident massage therapist, but I was also in charge of the label maker. I labeled EVERYTHING. Loved the label maker, and I totally need one for here at the house. Oh the fun I could have with it – I know, I’m a total nerd.

Anyway, Operation Kitchen Reorganization is done, and it was so therapeutic. Really, I should do projects like that more often. As you know, all hell broke loose when I busted open a bag of millet. We don’t have a pantry, although, I will have one in my dream house someday. I’ve been pinning kitchen ideas non-stop. We have no plans to build a house, but that’s why it’s called a dream, right? Where was I? Oh yes, we have one cabinet designated for dry goods, and all my grains were piled in a corner in various bags and jars. Now, everything is in a jar, and although I know what each jar contains, I didn’t want CD mistaking millet for quinoa…which would never actually happen since he doesn’t eat either, but I needed an excuse to label the jars. So, there you go. CD, this one’s for you. :)

I didn’t want to write directly on the jars since the contents would change, and sticker labels would simply dissolve in the dishwasher. Hmm, what to do? I started googling magnetic labels thinking I could just stick them on the lids, and I noticed an advertisement for magnetic floor register covers – you know, the ones for your heating and cooling vents? We happened to have some that we no longer use…until now.

IMG_5989_2.JPG

Using a small Post-It note as a guide, I traced and cut out labels from the magnetic cover. I then used colored Sharpies to decorate them. Now, everything is neatly labeled. I am happy, and CD can barely contain his excitement. ;)

IMG_5999_2.JPG

IMG_6000_2.JPG IMG_6003.JPG

The jars in the fridge…

All the extra labels are stuck to the fridge waiting to be used if and when the contents of my jars should change.

Now, one question. Does anyone know what this is?

It’s some type of blade, and I have no clue which appliance it belongs to. I photographed it with the marker, so that you could get an idea of the size. It was in the Magic Bullet, food processor, Vita-Mix cabinet. Any ideas?  Edited to Add: Never mind. It’s the extra blade to my juicer…which I sold two years ago. Oops.

Michaela May 26, 2011 at 11:27 am

they look soooo cute!! I bet it was tons of fun creating them!! I ♥ labeling! I absolutely love it! Must remember those magnetic labels!

CB May 26, 2011 at 11:29 am

food processor.. but you are missing the stem to attach it to…

Brenda May 26, 2011 at 11:29 am

Long time reader; first time commenter. . .that looks like a blade for a juicer!

Elizabeth May 26, 2011 at 11:35 am

Agreed!

Rosie May 26, 2011 at 11:40 am

Yep! Looks just like the blade from my juicer.

Lizz May 26, 2011 at 11:30 am

Looks like a fine shred/grate blade. I would guess for a small food processor?

tea-bag May 26, 2011 at 11:30 am

it looks like a cheese grater attachment for a food processor. maybe? … points for trying? :)

Anne May 26, 2011 at 11:30 am

I love your labels!! I keep all my dried goods in mason jars, too, but my labels are nowhere near as pretty as yours. :-) And the blade totally looks like the shredding attachment I have for my food processor…. Maybe? Good luck!

VeggieGirl May 26, 2011 at 11:34 am

I’m a label whore ;)

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday May 26, 2011 at 11:34 am

Are you supposed to keep coconut in the fridge? I never do that. Ooops

Also, your labels are way better than a labelmaker!

HEAB May 26, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Samantha,
I’m not sure. I don’t think so b/c Whole Foods keeps coconut in their dry bulk bins. I usually just put my open bags of coconut in the fridge b/c it sometimes takes me a while to go through the whole bag.

Brandi May 26, 2011 at 11:34 am

Definitely looks exactly like a blade to a juicer!

Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) May 26, 2011 at 11:34 am

It looks like a food proc blade and by process of elimination I can tell you 100% it does not come standard with a Vita nor a Magic Bullet since I have both and it wasnt included in mine (and I even have an “upgraded” Vita set, too)

Your labels…sheer genius! Omg the idea itself is brilliant AND just how CUTE you’ve made them. Heather, you are so creative! See, being a SAHM is just what you needed to let all these artistic talents come flying out! I love it!

I linked back to your post about home reorganization yesterday b/c I knew you were knee deep in that project. And it looks awesome!

Larissa May 26, 2011 at 11:34 am

food processor its a great little thing especially for shredding carrots really quick- it usually has a stem thingy…

Gretchen @ Honey, I Shrunk the Gretchen! May 26, 2011 at 11:35 am

Awesome idea. Now I just need about a billion mason jars…

Also, that looks exactly like the blade from my juicer.

birdie to be May 26, 2011 at 11:36 am

These are so cute! At least you make the labels look adorable! :)

Emily May 26, 2011 at 11:42 am

Wow, the labels look adorable! Magnets were such a great idea!

Alyssa May 26, 2011 at 11:42 am

Heather, those labels are so cute! That blade looks like a food processor attachment to me :-)

And….I made a recipe and I think you will love it! Coconut banana bites, no added sugar (sweetened with bananas/dried fruit), made with full fat/high fiber coconut flour, vegan and gluten free!

If you like them, I would love to hear about it :-)

Felicia (Natural + Balanced) May 26, 2011 at 11:43 am

That looks like it belongs to a juicer…

Felicia (Natural + Balanced) May 26, 2011 at 11:44 am

And that is the cutest/best labeling i’ve ever seen!!

kris (everyday oats) May 26, 2011 at 11:47 am

Those labels are absolutely adorable!

Tiffanie May 26, 2011 at 11:50 am

That is a juicer blade. Exact one on my juicer. Jack LaLane to be exact.

HEAB May 26, 2011 at 2:30 pm

Tiffanie,
Yep…too bad I sold the juicer 2 years ago. oops. :(

The Healthy Hipster May 26, 2011 at 11:51 am

EEE! I’m obsessed with my old school labelmaker but I think you may have just inspired me to get even more creative with it…and possibly do a post about my own pantry (dis)organization in the very near future…. ;)

Jess May 26, 2011 at 11:53 am

Love how cute those labels are! Kitchen organization is one my summer to-do list…once I know whether we’re moving.

Chloe (South Beach Girl) May 26, 2011 at 11:55 am

It looks like an attachment to a food processor/cuisinart to me! The labeling with magnets is a great idea, I definitely will have to implement that in my kitchen :)

Jackie May 26, 2011 at 11:57 am

I love this idea! I love it, a lot!

Holly @ The Runny Egg May 26, 2011 at 11:58 am

Heather I love these crafty/home posts — the magnets were such a good idea!

HEAB May 26, 2011 at 2:52 pm

Holly,
Thanks – good to know. I like mixing things up…there are only so many bowls of oat bran I can blog about, ya know? ;)

PB&Jenny May 26, 2011 at 12:04 pm

this is so great! I just bought a ton of mason jars and have been meaning to start storing all of my various flours in there but I don’t want to get them confused. Problem solved a la HEAB :)

G May 26, 2011 at 12:05 pm

Once I am more settled into a permanent space (I’m still a student), I’m totally doing this. The magnets are such a smart idea!

Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing May 26, 2011 at 12:05 pm

Will you come label my jars for me?! I pay in GF doughballs! ;)

HEAB May 26, 2011 at 2:51 pm

Katie,
Deal! :)

Katherine May 26, 2011 at 12:08 pm

Love the labels :)

Caroline @ Out of Liney May 26, 2011 at 12:08 pm

Love the jar method! They look so classic, and would make my refrigerator so much more sightly/easy to use… I would have guessed food processor for the blade but it looks like it goes to a juicer! Good luck finding out!

Kristin May 26, 2011 at 12:09 pm

Looks like my juicer blade!

Paula May 26, 2011 at 12:10 pm

Hi there, first time commenter here :)

Those magnetic labels are GENIUS, and cute!

That disc look like the bottom of a part from my Breville juicer, but mine also has sides making a basket for straining out the juice. In my mind I can’t build a juicer around that disc…. maybe it IS a shredder attachment for a food processor….. hmmmm….

HEAB May 26, 2011 at 2:51 pm

Paula,
Thanks for reading. Jack Lalanne juicer blade…sold it 2 years ago. Oops.

Katherine May 26, 2011 at 12:10 pm

My Jack LaLane juicer has that exact attachment.

HEAB May 26, 2011 at 2:40 pm

Katherine,
Yep. That’s it. However, my juicer is long gone. Just emailed the new owner to see if she would like an extra blade. :)

Anita Ruiz May 26, 2011 at 12:48 pm

That last picutre made me laugh. It never fails when my boyfriend puts things away he puts the parts in all differnt drawers. I am always playing that game of guess what this goes to.

Denise May 26, 2011 at 12:49 pm

I’m thinking a shredder for the food processor

jen @ taste life May 26, 2011 at 12:54 pm

You labels made me smile! I love the cute designs and it made me want to do a craft project, pronto!

Alyssa May 26, 2011 at 12:54 pm

Can’t tell you what that is, but i LOVE LABEL MAKERS!!!! About 11 years ago I had a temp job. The company had just moved into the space and were still organizing. I got the play with the label maker, and was as happy as a pig in mud, lol!
It was the best temp job, ever.

Ana May 26, 2011 at 12:59 pm

I like to organize things too, especially in the kitchen. It makes such a difference, I might even say it gets us more excited to cook something different only to use up what is in the neat jars! :-)
I also have all my grains in glass jars, I find it both cool/nice looking and practical. Like your labels! I don’t have labels on mine, but then I am the only one who cooks here. The magnetic thing is genius, I like that idea!

katie @KatieDid May 26, 2011 at 1:06 pm

those are the cutest labels in the world! I am hoping to become a massage therapist someday :)

HEAB May 26, 2011 at 2:38 pm

Katie,
I loved my job. Practiced for a little over 5 years and still work on friends. Will probably just retire my license and might return to work in a few years. I miss it sometimes. Very rewarding, and I loved moving my body everyday.

Sarah R May 26, 2011 at 1:07 pm

Great idea for the labels! I agree with the others–I think you’ve got some type of grater…not sure what for though.

Meghan @ StruggleMuffins May 26, 2011 at 1:10 pm

Labeling is so addictive! Especially when there’s multi-colored Sharpies at your disposal – your labels are so fun and cute. I stumbled across a similar looking blade and, after much contemplation, decided it belonged to my food processor. Not that it inspired me to actually test it out to make sure that was correct, but that was my theory. Always a joy to uncover hidden kitchen cabinet gems :)

Roz May 26, 2011 at 1:23 pm

Magnet labels!? GENIUS!!!!!! And the way you decorated them is wonderful!!! Looks like the blade is from a juicer. Hope you find it a home! :) Have a great day.

charlotte May 26, 2011 at 1:39 pm

I love labelling things too! Love your cute handwriting:) As for the blade – I’m not much of a kitchen tech but I’d guess food processor.

Kat May 26, 2011 at 1:44 pm

hey HEAB – FYI, you can write on the mason jars with a sharpie and it comes off with warm water and soap! but your labels are way cute ;)
i would guess food processer for fine shredding…

HEAB May 26, 2011 at 2:36 pm

Kat,
Really? Good to know! Juicer blade it turns out…but the juicer is long gone. ;)

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) May 26, 2011 at 1:51 pm

The labels are too cute! We have been on a major organization spree lately and it is going to be tricky for packing up!

Diana (Soap & Chocolate) May 26, 2011 at 1:53 pm

Oh HEAB I’m all hot and bothered by that organization job. I am loving this idea and might even steal it, or a version of it–the bags of bulk grains are torturing me in their slouchy glory atop my fridge. It is not acceptable. Not when I have empty jars and a rainbow of Sharpies.

I think your blade belongs to an errant juicer, perhaps?

HEAB May 26, 2011 at 2:35 pm

Diana,
Yep, my old Jack Lalanne juicer. Sold it to Gina (Fitnessista) 2 years ago. Just emailed her to see if she still uses it. Organize the grains – I feel so much better about my stockpiles now…even makes me want to use them…which reminds me, I have some beans to soak.
P.S. Jars were so cheap. I just buy them from the canning section at my regular grocery store – it’s like 12 for $12. Totally worth it! “Borrow” the Sharpies from work.

emily May 26, 2011 at 1:58 pm

Oh Come to Maryville and do mine!! I esp. covet the jar of almonds in the fridge.

Sylvia @ LifeIsGoodWithFood May 26, 2011 at 1:59 pm

Omigod! I know what it is! It’s the blade for the Jack Lalanne juicer! :-D I’m soo smart ;)

I love your labels! Such an organizational inspiration. Now if only I can do that for my own room… which looks like a tornado hit it. Again. :(

But yay and love to your homemade labels<3

HEAB May 26, 2011 at 2:16 pm

Crap, sold my Jack Lalanne and forgot ton include the extra blade. Oops!

Annie May 26, 2011 at 2:16 pm

It looks like the blade to a Jack LaLanne Juicer… But if you don’t have one then I have no idea.

HEAB May 26, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Annie,
Had one. Sold it 2 years ago. Hope the new owner never needed the extra blade. :(

Sarah May 26, 2011 at 2:27 pm

Much more personality than your average black and white label. I wish I were more crafty.. something to work on!

The Teenage Taste May 26, 2011 at 2:28 pm

Those labels are so cute! I love the fact that they are magnetic too! I have a label machine, but it’s the sticker kind. It’s still fun to label things with it, nonetheless! :-)

Maddy May 26, 2011 at 2:31 pm

wow, your jars look amazing! i totally want to do that now. :)

Tracy May 26, 2011 at 2:34 pm

OK you’ve inspired me to organize my pantry. I actually have a dream walk-in pantry, but it’s a total disorganized mess! I think I actually had too much space after we first remodeled and it just got out of hand. This will be a good summer project for my 12 year old daughter and me! Thanks, Heather!

HEAB May 26, 2011 at 2:54 pm

Tracy,
Welcome. I’m pretty sure the same thing would happen to us if we had a huge pantry – it would end up getting used as a storage closet. Kind of like our limited kitchen storage space. Keeps me from going overboard with purchases.

s May 26, 2011 at 2:34 pm

cool labels! organization is fun :)

Kath (My Funny Little Life) May 26, 2011 at 3:04 pm

My own kitchen needs to be reorganized ASAP, and it’s on my to-do list as soon as these crazy days are over! And yes, the labeling question is a tricky one (I’m also the “put everything into jars” type of girl), but you solved it very cleverly! :D

Danielle @ weightsandmeasures May 26, 2011 at 3:07 pm

If anyone other than myself were to attempt to use what is in my jars they would likely be at a loss. I was just thinking about how desperately I need to label my jars. I thought about using chalk board paint, but that business is about $10 a can. No thanks. Your stickers look quite nice. Maybe I should just do that.

Jessica@ Fruit and Veggie Tales May 26, 2011 at 3:20 pm

Aaaaaaaagh! I LOVE those labels! What a fantastic idea! I seriously need to reorganize my kitchen……question: are you gluten free and do you get your grains from a particular supplier? I am looking into bulk grains but have a fear of cross-contamination! :-)

HEAB May 26, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Jessica,
I am not gluten free, just not a big fan of wheat. I buy Bob’s Red Mill coconut flour in bulk from Amazon, and make most of my other flours using my Vita-Mix. I buy brown rice and quinoa from Costco, and the millet is Bob’s Red Mill from http://www.iherb.com. Love iherb!

clare May 26, 2011 at 3:29 pm

freaking brilliant! i adore labels and CANNOT WAIT to do this project. stickers be damned!

Kate (What Kate is Cooking) May 26, 2011 at 3:31 pm

Your labels are so cute! I love getting organized like that :)

Firecracker May 26, 2011 at 3:37 pm

Wow, here I was thinking I’d be the only one coming out of the woodwork to comment, but scrolling down, I see a few other lurkers who were moved to first time post as well. Must be the brilliance of this idea!

I definitely am not one to have spare magnetic grate covers lying around my teeny apartment, but repurposing seemingly random things you find in your own place is so satisfying. And as a fellow jar organizer, I will be using this idea in my own cupboard! I love the plan so much, I just might actually head to Home Depot to buy said grate cover for this very project… Thanks, Heather!

sarah May 26, 2011 at 4:17 pm

You can buy magnetic sheets like these at the dollar store! Gonna give it a try myself. My mother in law is coming next week, this might make me look a tad more organized! Thanks for the awesome idea!
BTW, have you ever done sproating? I’ve just started with chick peas and lentils and the results are awesome–would love to see a blogger do some posts on it!

Firecracker May 28, 2011 at 4:37 pm

The dollar store! That’s even better. Thanks for the tip, sarah! (And hi Heather!)

HEAB May 28, 2011 at 5:13 pm

Sarah,
Thanks for the dollar store tip, and yes, I have sprouted. Here is my lazy girl version: http://heathereatsalmondbutter.com/2009/05/27/raw-cereal-for-breakfast/ :)

Also, the Pure2Raw girls sprout all the time. Do you know their blog? It’s one of my favs! http://www.pure2raw.com

HEAB May 26, 2011 at 4:17 pm

Firecracker,
You’re welcome and thanks for reading. Have fun at Home Depot! :)

Samantha May 26, 2011 at 3:52 pm

Love the labels, great idea! I have all mine in jars as well but can ID them as I don’t think I eat any that look like one another. Fun project!

Ha, as soon as I saw the pic I realized it was a juicer blade. Looks like from a Jack Lalanne (with the holes for the removal tool). I

Maria (Maria Makes Muffins) May 26, 2011 at 3:59 pm

I love your labels! I am feeling completely inspired to go and make cute labels for all of my jars. Right now I just write on them with sharpies and rub off the marker when I wash the jars.

I wish that I had uniformly sized jars like yours. I have several canning jars (both widemouth and regular) from my Mom and Mother-in-law; however, still have to use some reused PB, applesauce and jelly jars for the rest of my dry goods.

HEAB May 26, 2011 at 4:16 pm

Maria,
I just buy the Bell jars from the canning section at my regular grocery store (Kroger). I think they’re about $12 for a dozen. So worth it!

Alex @ Spoonful of Sugar Free May 26, 2011 at 4:15 pm

The queen of nifty products you have become (say that in a yoda-like voice :P )

HEAB May 26, 2011 at 4:17 pm

Haha – roger that Alex. :)

Cate May 26, 2011 at 4:32 pm

Your labels are too cute. I especially love the “nooch” one that’s smiling lol.

Lorne May 26, 2011 at 5:03 pm

I am so loving your labels. What a fantastic idea to use magnetic labels

Ps- We are in Korea for Minu to meet his family.

Koreans are space management extrodinaires – I am shipping cannisters and other kitchen storage solutions home in operation organisation. My limit is 20kg, happy days!

HEAB May 26, 2011 at 5:13 pm

Lorne,
How did Minu do on the flight?

Jess S. May 26, 2011 at 5:34 pm

This is such a great idea! I can and preserve a lot of my own stuff (jams, pickled anything, mustards, etc) and I hate having to scrape the labels off of the jars when they’re empty. I’ll definitely be doing magnets from now on.

Eli May 26, 2011 at 6:16 pm

LOVE the new header–so organic! It must be the greatest one I have ever seen. Your blog is just lovely!

Baking 'n' Books May 26, 2011 at 6:33 pm

Yes – that’s the word I was looking for lol – “organic” :)

HEAB May 26, 2011 at 7:26 pm

Oh wow – thanks Eli. Caitlin from http://www.roostblog.com designed it. She’s amazing.

Tracy May 26, 2011 at 6:31 pm

Love love love your new header, Heather! Looks awesome!

Wanted you to know i pinned your magnetic label idea! :)

HEAB May 26, 2011 at 7:25 pm

Thanks Tracy. So honored to be pinned. Ha, I love it! :)

Baking 'n' Books May 26, 2011 at 6:32 pm

HEAB – I didn’t know you were changing your header/layout! LOVE it – very calming and zen-like. Totally you :) …(well, I don’t know if you are, but you know what I mean ;) ).

HEAB May 26, 2011 at 7:27 pm

Thanks BnB. Exactly the look I was going for. Needed a change.

Cbid May 26, 2011 at 7:13 pm

love this label idea… except i bought all those darn plastic screw lids for my mason jars.. sigh…no magnets for me :-(

HEAB May 26, 2011 at 7:25 pm

Cbid,
I still use those – the ones you sent me with my almond butters, but they leak if I put liquids in the jar. Can’t shake them up like you can with the metal lids.

Clairerose C May 26, 2011 at 7:14 pm

What a great idea….magnet labels.You should sell that idea.Then, you can buy your dream house:-)cc

megan @ the oatmeal diaries May 26, 2011 at 7:25 pm

You are too crafty! I love these! I go crazy at home with your Dymo-Labeler. And anytime we have parties, I make homemade labels for all the food and drinks! So much fun :)
P.S. AWESOME layout!

natalie May 26, 2011 at 7:29 pm

what a fantastic idea! I have containers like that just sitting in my garage. I love it! Great job! I also made quinoa porridge using the millet recipe. Thanks for posting!

Annie May 26, 2011 at 7:50 pm

When did you change your header??? I usually read your blog in my email… so imagine my surprise when I popped in and saw the new HEAB! Love the jars… I’ve done that with my beans and grains too.. I love that everything is the same size… ahhhhhh it makes me happy.

OH! I love that you’re branching out a bit… it makes you multi dimensional – you are more than an Almond Butter, weird food eating, massage therapist, new mommy, husband loving, positive, giving woman! Who knew?? Well, I suspected!

HEAB May 26, 2011 at 8:18 pm

Annie,
Just changed it a few hours ago. Needed something new as my life has changed so much these past few months – becoming more multi-dimensional for sure…but I’ll always be a weird food eater. ;)
Enjoy your weekend!

Karen May 26, 2011 at 8:04 pm

The mystery object is part of your juicer…mine is identical…. You will need it to juice….

HEAB May 26, 2011 at 8:27 pm

Karen,
Yep, it was the extra blade to the juicer I sold a couple of years ago. Emailed new owner about sending it to her.

Jennie W May 26, 2011 at 8:10 pm

Love your labels! They’re very creative… great idea. And nice & colorful.

molly May 26, 2011 at 8:30 pm

love the new header :) and label makers are amazing. asked for one for my bday once and got shot down…bummers! xo

michelle May 26, 2011 at 8:49 pm

I have the same juicer that blade belongs to. Love your labels, they’re too cute and I love your creativity. I write on the jars with a permanent marker which is easily removed with a Mr. clean sponge. Your magnets look much better though.

Pure2raw Twins May 26, 2011 at 8:49 pm

I love labeling things as well. My older sister is really big on labels so whenever she visits she is all about the label maker and labels everything. Fun times hahaha oh the little things :)

Debra May 26, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Love the magnetic register cover idea! Going to steal it. We have a chalet in the woods that we spend time at. I keep things in Mason jars there so I just discovered a summer project. Now no more guessing!

Ricki May 26, 2011 at 9:04 pm

That’s the most brilliant idea for labeling! Genius!

Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food May 26, 2011 at 9:28 pm

I am loving the new blog design! So chic, clean, and cool! :)

Your kitchen reorganization is fabulous! I can’t wait get everything organized when we get into a new place :)

Cynthia (It All Changes) May 26, 2011 at 9:41 pm

This is fantastic Heather! I currently have written the contents on the tops of several ball jar lids and switch them when needed. This is much more functional and fun. Must get my crafty stuff out this weekend. :-)

Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner May 26, 2011 at 9:55 pm

I love your new layout!!!!! IT IS AWESOME!!!!!

HEAB May 26, 2011 at 10:28 pm

Thanks Kathleen. I love it too. :)

Katie May 26, 2011 at 10:00 pm

Oh my word, I’m in total nerd-love with you right now! I’m obsessed with labeling things, and your cute little labels are making me giddy. I smell a new kitchen project in my future…

Kendra May 26, 2011 at 10:13 pm

Syncronicity! I spent my weekend labeling dry goods into jars. I was so pleased with the result I attacked the spices and herbs as well. It took a lot of time but is it ever worth it. By the way I’m also a 30 something 5’7 Capricorn.

HEAB May 26, 2011 at 10:29 pm

Kendra,
Well, I think we are kindred spirits. :)
Was just thinking of attacking the spices…going to be a lot of work, but I know it will be worth it in the end!

Heather May 27, 2011 at 5:18 pm

Love, Love, LOVE,
the layout, the jars, the labeling!
& I’m a 30 something 5’7″ Capricorn, too!
(named Heather, scary!)

McKayla @ Green Groats May 26, 2011 at 10:17 pm

Heather, just wanted to let ya know that I think your new blog layout/header is beautiful!!!

HEAB May 26, 2011 at 10:30 pm

Thanks McKayla. :)

gina (fitnessista) May 26, 2011 at 11:26 pm

i thought that blade looked familiar! heh heh
blog looks GORG, friend.
love you!! <3

Kristen - Anywhere There's An Airport May 27, 2011 at 5:33 am

Cleaning out and organizing is the cheapest therapy around!

I just cleaned out my Spain closet. Out with the sweaters and in with the tank tops. I have less to organize here… so the same things get sorted through a lot!

It makes me feel in control of ‘something.’ Somedays I need a little extra soul settling help. :)

laura May 27, 2011 at 7:53 am

Love these magnetic labels. I too store my dry goods in jars (in my pantry!) but nothing is labeled. I’m going to head to Home Depot this weekend and see if I can find some of this magnetic material. Great idea!

Hannah May 27, 2011 at 8:02 am

Love the new look for the site, Heather! Glorious :)

HEAB May 27, 2011 at 8:51 am

Thanks Hannah. :)

Amy @ ElephantEats May 27, 2011 at 8:23 am

Wow, check out the new look for your page! Love it!!! So clean, fresh and beautiful :)

HEAB May 27, 2011 at 8:52 am

Thanks Amy. I love it too. :)

Liz @ IHeartVegetables May 27, 2011 at 9:07 am

Oh my gosh, Heather, I LOVE the new page! (I mean, I liked the old one too, but still!!) It’s so pretty, fresh, and SPRING-Y!! Love it :)

Beth (Well I'll Be) May 27, 2011 at 9:57 am

I love the new look. Who knew you were so artistic? I love the labels. It makes me want to clean out my cabinets and put everything in those cute glass jars.

alli May 27, 2011 at 9:57 am

HEAB! I l-o-v-e the new page! It’s so…..fresh! It’s seems so you, too :)
love, love!

Katherine: Unemployed May 27, 2011 at 10:15 am

your labels are so cute! I didn’t know you were so artistic

Lauren May 27, 2011 at 10:23 am

Heather, I love the new design! Its beautiful! When I came to your blog this morning, i thought I had hit the wrong button. It looks great! :D

rose May 27, 2011 at 10:36 am

Very creative, Heather! I love the labels!

BarbaraLW May 27, 2011 at 1:13 pm

I LOVE the jar idea + your amazing DIY magnet labels!! I have been so tired of the ziploc-bag-jungle style of organizing that inhabits my shelves… mason jars are the perfect solution!

Gina May 27, 2011 at 1:30 pm

Magnets…genius! I started using Mason jars to store everything but this form of labelling takes organization to a whole new level :)

Cindy May 27, 2011 at 2:00 pm

LOVE your blog’s fresh face Heather!

can you come to my pantry and make labels?? Yours are so sweet!

also, that is a juicer blade. ….oh and I see you know (missed your update)

Enjoy your holiday weekend!

Mackenzie Gable May 27, 2011 at 4:15 pm

I know exactly what that blade belongs to. It is a blade from a Jack Lalanne Power Juicer. I have one and you need the special orange tool to screw it in and out of the juicer. You could probably use a fork too if you can’t find the orange tool.

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli May 28, 2011 at 6:28 pm

Ahh! I am ADDICTED to labeling stuff! I bought a label maker a year or so ago but then before I moved, the printer part of it messed up so I had to get a new one. The day I came home with it, I must’ve labeled half the pantry! Haha! But my labels are just black and white and boring next to your doodles! Love it!

Too funny about the juicer blade! When I was moving, I started finding extra pieces to stuff and just put them all in a box…now I have the box of neglected and forgotten parts! :-/

Gina (Yogattude) June 3, 2011 at 9:01 pm

I love this!!!! I sometimes forget the contents of my jars! This also reminds me that I need to clean out the condiment door in the fridge and replace with jars…it looks so neat and clean!

Lauren June 7, 2011 at 2:02 am

Those labels are so cute! I also keep my bulk non-perishables in mason jars and while I can recognize everything by sight, my boyfriend gets *very* confused. He might offer to cook more if he knows what the heck is hanging out in the cabinet!

Ste June 25, 2011 at 12:17 am

Oh! Perfect! I love this!

I put everything in jars and then I sprayed the lids with chalk board spray. Now I write the contents and date in chalk and it washes off when I wash the jar.

{ 4 trackbacks }