Weekend Update

by HEAB on July 2, 2011

Lately, I am loving on this bread, toasted with crunchy peanut butter.

I have been doing more yoga. Yoga makes me happy although Pigeon was unbelievably uncomfortable during my last class. Weird, because usually I feel like I could sit in Pigeon for forever. I guess it just wasn’t a good day for my hips. When I can’t make it to yoga class, I either take Summer on an early morning walk or I do HIIT type workouts for 10 or 20 minutes. I’ll post some of them later this week.

The winner of the Attune cereal giveaway is…

Screen shot 2011-07-02 at 9.45.26 AM.png

Congrats Jen! I will email you.

And last but not least, YogaDownload, my favorite site for online yoga, is offering 25% off all classes through midnight, Tuesday, July 5 with the coupon code Freedom. Click here to start Down Doggin’.

Enjoy your weekend, and to all of my American readers,

Happy 4th of July!

betty July 12, 2011 at 9:41 pm

i LOVE crunchy pb on toast :)

Amanda @ the beauty notebooks July 7, 2011 at 5:37 pm

I LOVE that bread too! I discovered it this past semester in college since one of the dining halls carries it. Now that I’m home, I am having withdrawal since the local grocery store doesn’t have it :(

Mandy A July 5, 2011 at 10:46 am

HEAB – I don’t know if you get to Publix at all but I saw yesterday that the one in Mt Juliet had this bread on sale 2 for $7! Just fyi if you can get to one today! The sales change tomorrow!

Stephanie @ extremebalance.net/blog July 4, 2011 at 9:06 pm

I think I’m just hypersensitive because I didn’t know there wouldn’t be nut butter in Brazil, but every time everyone posts about peanut butter lately, I actually have a moment of silence. Plus, your photography has *really* improved! That top pic is simple, but really nice.

Angel7 July 4, 2011 at 7:30 pm

Yoga is so invigorating! Even though yoga can essentially tire you out, it is a good kind of tired where you know you are benefiting from it.

What a nice 4th of July today was! We had such beautiful weather!

Nicole July 4, 2011 at 7:13 pm

Oh, and that bread…I used to eat it all the time. But I could never eat it without toasting it. It’s kinda dry and almost crumbly. Doesnt’ seem to be an issue for you…

Nicole July 4, 2011 at 7:01 pm

Happy 4th!! Summer’s crawling!! Oooh boy…lol
And it’s OK..life does get crazy. As I’ve said before…as long as you don’t go away forever!!

Roz July 4, 2011 at 12:23 pm

Hi Heather. I do yoga at LEAST twice a week (usually 3-4) and its so strange that some days poses are easier than others. Hope next time the pigeon is better for you. Have a wonderful 4th of July!

Heather July 4, 2011 at 9:26 am

I agee, sometimes pigeon is just not a fun pose! Have you tried putting a block under the hip of your extended leg while in pigeon? I find that helps.

HEAB July 4, 2011 at 1:20 pm

Heather,
Yes, but I usually use a blanket. I bet a block would feel even better. Thanks. :)

Kimberly July 4, 2011 at 8:52 am

I use that bread a lot and really like it! Have a Happy Fourth! :)

Kayla (Little Miss Healthify) July 3, 2011 at 6:52 pm

Crunchy pb is my FAVORITE!! MMM

Kelly @ Foodie Fiasco July 3, 2011 at 6:14 pm

That bread looks great! And thanks for the yoga discount. I’m sorry about your bad hip day, but it happens sometimes. :) Happy Fourth!

Emily@RunningPerspective July 3, 2011 at 2:03 pm

yummmmmmmmmmm bread with crunchy pb=best combo everrrr!

Sylvia @ LifeIsGoodWithFood July 3, 2011 at 8:15 am

Peanut butter is my favorite. Spread on bread? Fuhgeddaboutit 😉

Happy Independence Day, friend<3

Samantha July 3, 2011 at 2:22 am

It’s amazing how simply wonderful that slice of pb toast looks! Glad to hear that yoga is back in your life regularly again. I’ve been doing HIIT 2-3 times a week lately, killer!

HAPPY 4th!

Cherie July 2, 2011 at 11:51 pm

I hope you all have a very safe and Happy 4th of July!!!!!

Ellie@fitforthesoul July 2, 2011 at 11:49 pm

Have a great weekend and a fun 4th of July Heather!

michelle July 2, 2011 at 9:39 pm

Toast and crunchy peanut butter is my ‘if you were stranded on an island food”.

Holly @ The Runny Egg July 2, 2011 at 9:07 pm

PB toast is the best!

Have a great weekend Heather!

Katherine July 2, 2011 at 9:07 pm

I need to get in a yoga class!

Gena July 2, 2011 at 7:07 pm

I’m doing a lot more yoga all of a sudden, thanks to new student deals all over DC. I love it! I’d missed my practice.

Meghan @ StruggleMuffins July 2, 2011 at 6:52 pm

Mmmm melted crunchy PB on toast is one of life’s simplest and greatest pleasures. Yoga’s right up there too. Especially hip openers, although I prefer double pigeon or gomukasana to half pigeon usually. Half pig makes my hip flexors cranky :)

tea-bag July 2, 2011 at 6:05 pm

that pb looks awesome! i’m in kind of a nutbutter rut right now, but i feel it ending soon.
my hips are always tight, i really should try to stretch more!

Keri July 2, 2011 at 5:06 pm

Love that bread – I’m making Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free bread in my bread machine now :-) I always use Almond Butter though. My favorite is Trader Joe’s … everything is better at Trader Joe’s – ha ha. They even carry Brown Rice Bread.

Clairerose C July 2, 2011 at 4:50 pm

Happy 4th Of July to you all,too!!
I <3 Food for life Black rice bread and the brown rice tortillas:-)cc

Kath (My Funny Little Life) July 2, 2011 at 3:32 pm

I’ve happily started with daily sun salutations again. As always in the early stage, my upper arms are killing me right now, but it just feels so good. :)

Eden July 2, 2011 at 3:01 pm

I love pigeon, but I learned in yoga school that its actually not a real pose! Its comfortable as hell and thats why people use it, but totally not a real yogic “asana”. If you go to a real yogic school in india and you do pigeon, they’ll probably roll their eyes at you. And this is why I do yoga at home!

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga July 2, 2011 at 2:21 pm

Happy 4th to you, Heather!

Glad you are getting your yoga on and that you’re loving it. So glad to hear, mom-to-mom, that you are making time for you and your yoga!

PB. I write entire posts about it like once a week, I swear. lol :)

nadia July 2, 2011 at 2:06 pm

I love that bread!! xo have a super weekend filled with fireworks #>

Courtney @greeneyedrunner July 2, 2011 at 2:05 pm

I LOVE that bread :) sohoo good and doesn’t feel too heavy!

Kristen - Anywhere There's An Airport July 2, 2011 at 1:05 pm

Hi there!
I just recently got into HIIT workouts… and I even have the Spaniard doing them! :) He walks in the door from the gym and says “I did your torture today.”
My reply, “yeah, and you like it!”
Happy 4th to you! I will wear my red, white and blue ALL over Madrid! :)

Mary @ Bites and Bliss July 2, 2011 at 12:23 pm

Some days pigeon is ridiculously uncomfortable for me too for some reason! Guess it all depends on how much strain we’ve put on our hips that day.
Happy 4th!!

Aine @ Something to Chew Over July 2, 2011 at 12:17 pm

Happy 4th of July my American friends!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) July 2, 2011 at 11:21 am

Love peanut butter anyway you want to serve it! YUM! I hope you have a great weekend!

lindsay July 2, 2011 at 11:12 am

melted and crunch PB toast, the best. hands down! you still need to try udis or rudis GF bread! I have a coupon for a free loaf, email me your address.

Baking 'n' Books July 2, 2011 at 11:10 am

Congrats to Jen. Enjoy your Holiday :)

Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing July 2, 2011 at 10:17 am

I love that bread! It’s the only GF bread that I can eat fairly consistently without terrible…uh…consequences 😉 And it toasts up like wheat bread. Good stuff!

polly July 2, 2011 at 10:06 am

hi peachy!

mmm that PB looks fabulous.

Yay for YOGA! 😀

Today we just picked… blueberries!!! yahhh!! Now, let’t the prayers begin. 😉 hehe

Later we have a wedding, so stay tuned for pics!! Hugs to Summie!!! XO