Weekend Update

by HEAB on July 2, 2011

Lately, I am loving on this bread, toasted with crunchy peanut butter.

I have been doing more yoga. Yoga makes me happy although Pigeon was unbelievably uncomfortable during my last class. Weird, because usually I feel like I could sit in Pigeon for forever. I guess it just wasn’t a good day for my hips. When I can’t make it to yoga class, I either take Summer on an early morning walk or I do HIIT type workouts for 10 or 20 minutes. I’ll post some of them later this week.

The winner of the Attune cereal giveaway is…

Screen shot 2011-07-02 at 9.45.26 AM.png

Congrats Jen! I will email you.

And last but not least, YogaDownload, my favorite site for online yoga, is offering 25% off all classes through midnight, Tuesday, July 5 with the coupon code Freedom. Click here to start Down Doggin’.

Enjoy your weekend, and to all of my American readers,

Happy 4th of July!

polly July 2, 2011 at 10:06 am

hi peachy!

mmm that PB looks fabulous.

Yay for YOGA! :D

Today we just picked… blueberries!!! yahhh!! Now, let’t the prayers begin. ;) hehe

Later we have a wedding, so stay tuned for pics!! Hugs to Summie!!! XO

Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing July 2, 2011 at 10:17 am

I love that bread! It’s the only GF bread that I can eat fairly consistently without terrible…uh…consequences ;) And it toasts up like wheat bread. Good stuff!

Baking 'n' Books July 2, 2011 at 11:10 am

Congrats to Jen. Enjoy your Holiday :)

lindsay July 2, 2011 at 11:12 am

melted and crunch PB toast, the best. hands down! you still need to try udis or rudis GF bread! I have a coupon for a free loaf, email me your address.

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) July 2, 2011 at 11:21 am

Love peanut butter anyway you want to serve it! YUM! I hope you have a great weekend!

Aine @ Something to Chew Over July 2, 2011 at 12:17 pm

Happy 4th of July my American friends!

Mary @ Bites and Bliss July 2, 2011 at 12:23 pm

Some days pigeon is ridiculously uncomfortable for me too for some reason! Guess it all depends on how much strain we’ve put on our hips that day.
Happy 4th!!

Kristen - Anywhere There's An Airport July 2, 2011 at 1:05 pm

Hi there!
I just recently got into HIIT workouts… and I even have the Spaniard doing them! :) He walks in the door from the gym and says “I did your torture today.”
My reply, “yeah, and you like it!”
Happy 4th to you! I will wear my red, white and blue ALL over Madrid! :)

Courtney @greeneyedrunner July 2, 2011 at 2:05 pm

I LOVE that bread :) sohoo good and doesn’t feel too heavy!

nadia July 2, 2011 at 2:06 pm

I love that bread!! xo have a super weekend filled with fireworks #>

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga July 2, 2011 at 2:21 pm

Happy 4th to you, Heather!

Glad you are getting your yoga on and that you’re loving it. So glad to hear, mom-to-mom, that you are making time for you and your yoga!

PB. I write entire posts about it like once a week, I swear. lol :)

Eden July 2, 2011 at 3:01 pm

I love pigeon, but I learned in yoga school that its actually not a real pose! Its comfortable as hell and thats why people use it, but totally not a real yogic “asana”. If you go to a real yogic school in india and you do pigeon, they’ll probably roll their eyes at you. And this is why I do yoga at home!

Kath (My Funny Little Life) July 2, 2011 at 3:32 pm

I’ve happily started with daily sun salutations again. As always in the early stage, my upper arms are killing me right now, but it just feels so good. :)

Clairerose C July 2, 2011 at 4:50 pm

Happy 4th Of July to you all,too!!
I <3 Food for life Black rice bread and the brown rice tortillas:-)cc

Keri July 2, 2011 at 5:06 pm

Love that bread – I’m making Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free bread in my bread machine now :-) I always use Almond Butter though. My favorite is Trader Joe’s … everything is better at Trader Joe’s – ha ha. They even carry Brown Rice Bread.

tea-bag July 2, 2011 at 6:05 pm

that pb looks awesome! i’m in kind of a nutbutter rut right now, but i feel it ending soon.
my hips are always tight, i really should try to stretch more!

Meghan @ StruggleMuffins July 2, 2011 at 6:52 pm

Mmmm melted crunchy PB on toast is one of life’s simplest and greatest pleasures. Yoga’s right up there too. Especially hip openers, although I prefer double pigeon or gomukasana to half pigeon usually. Half pig makes my hip flexors cranky :)

Gena July 2, 2011 at 7:07 pm

I’m doing a lot more yoga all of a sudden, thanks to new student deals all over DC. I love it! I’d missed my practice.

Katherine July 2, 2011 at 9:07 pm

I need to get in a yoga class!

Holly @ The Runny Egg July 2, 2011 at 9:07 pm

PB toast is the best!

Have a great weekend Heather!

michelle July 2, 2011 at 9:39 pm

Toast and crunchy peanut butter is my ‘if you were stranded on an island food”.

Ellie@fitforthesoul July 2, 2011 at 11:49 pm

Have a great weekend and a fun 4th of July Heather!

Cherie July 2, 2011 at 11:51 pm

I hope you all have a very safe and Happy 4th of July!!!!!

Samantha July 3, 2011 at 2:22 am

It’s amazing how simply wonderful that slice of pb toast looks! Glad to hear that yoga is back in your life regularly again. I’ve been doing HIIT 2-3 times a week lately, killer!

HAPPY 4th!

Sylvia @ LifeIsGoodWithFood July 3, 2011 at 8:15 am

Peanut butter is my favorite. Spread on bread? Fuhgeddaboutit ;)

Happy Independence Day, friend<3

Emily@RunningPerspective July 3, 2011 at 2:03 pm

yummmmmmmmmmm bread with crunchy pb=best combo everrrr!

Kelly @ Foodie Fiasco July 3, 2011 at 6:14 pm

That bread looks great! And thanks for the yoga discount. I’m sorry about your bad hip day, but it happens sometimes. :) Happy Fourth!

Kayla (Little Miss Healthify) July 3, 2011 at 6:52 pm

Crunchy pb is my FAVORITE!! MMM

Kimberly July 4, 2011 at 8:52 am

I use that bread a lot and really like it! Have a Happy Fourth! :)

Heather July 4, 2011 at 9:26 am

I agee, sometimes pigeon is just not a fun pose! Have you tried putting a block under the hip of your extended leg while in pigeon? I find that helps.

HEAB July 4, 2011 at 1:20 pm

Heather,
Yes, but I usually use a blanket. I bet a block would feel even better. Thanks. :)

Roz July 4, 2011 at 12:23 pm

Hi Heather. I do yoga at LEAST twice a week (usually 3-4) and its so strange that some days poses are easier than others. Hope next time the pigeon is better for you. Have a wonderful 4th of July!

Nicole July 4, 2011 at 7:01 pm

Happy 4th!! Summer’s crawling!! Oooh boy…lol
And it’s OK..life does get crazy. As I’ve said before…as long as you don’t go away forever!!

Nicole July 4, 2011 at 7:13 pm

Oh, and that bread…I used to eat it all the time. But I could never eat it without toasting it. It’s kinda dry and almost crumbly. Doesnt’ seem to be an issue for you…

Angel7 July 4, 2011 at 7:30 pm

Yoga is so invigorating! Even though yoga can essentially tire you out, it is a good kind of tired where you know you are benefiting from it.

What a nice 4th of July today was! We had such beautiful weather!

Stephanie @ extremebalance.net/blog July 4, 2011 at 9:06 pm

I think I’m just hypersensitive because I didn’t know there wouldn’t be nut butter in Brazil, but every time everyone posts about peanut butter lately, I actually have a moment of silence. Plus, your photography has *really* improved! That top pic is simple, but really nice.

Mandy A July 5, 2011 at 10:46 am

HEAB – I don’t know if you get to Publix at all but I saw yesterday that the one in Mt Juliet had this bread on sale 2 for $7! Just fyi if you can get to one today! The sales change tomorrow!

Amanda @ the beauty notebooks July 7, 2011 at 5:37 pm

I LOVE that bread too! I discovered it this past semester in college since one of the dining halls carries it. Now that I’m home, I am having withdrawal since the local grocery store doesn’t have it :(

betty July 12, 2011 at 9:41 pm

i LOVE crunchy pb on toast :)