Happy Birthday Einstein

by HEAB on July 7, 2011

On Tuesday, we celebrated this little pup’s birthday…

Einey & Me.jpeg

I can’t believe our first born is 4 years old.

If you didn’t know, we actually have 3 children: Radley, Summer, & Einstein.

Anyway, remember the dessert I mentioned in yesterday’s post? Well, it was actually Einstein’s birthday cake. It was both doggie and people friendly, not to mention delicious.

Einey'sCake.jpg

Almond flour cake with peanut butter frosting and banana soft serve ice-cream.

EineyEatsCake.jpg

Happy Birthday Einey!

I made a vanilla almond flour cake inspired by the Very Vanilla Cupcake recipe from The Almond Flour Cookbook.

For the peanut butter frosting, I simply blended together 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1/2 cup almond milk, and 1 tsp of maple syrup. The banana soft serve consisted of frozen chopped bananas pulsed in the food processor until smooth.

All pups and adults were quite happy with the results, and baby thoroughly enjoyed her first banana soft serve experience.  She’s not quite ready for cake or frosting (no nuts or peanuts yet).

Ann @ ANN in real life. July 7, 2011 at 10:25 am

So cute!! For my dogs’ birthdays, we make them “pupcakes” – dog-friendly cupcakes. I’ll have to try your recipe next year.

HEAB July 7, 2011 at 2:09 pm

Ann,
Love the idea of pupcakes. So cute. :)

Holly @ The Runny Egg July 7, 2011 at 10:43 am

Happy Birthday Einstein!! I love that he even as a birthday hat on :)

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn July 7, 2011 at 10:54 am

Aweee love! Happy Birthday to Einsteinnn!

Sara July 7, 2011 at 10:58 am

Awww we had an Einstein growing up – he was the dumbest (but sweetest) golden retriever.

HEAB July 7, 2011 at 2:08 pm

Sara,
Really? Best dog’s name ever. :)

janetha @ meals & moves July 7, 2011 at 11:00 am

Randy and Einstein share a birthday! Randy turned 6 and I made him a peanut butter banana birthday cake, complete with candle. Oh, and I looked for a party hat at the store and couldn’t find one! Einstein’s is great! So cute. I definitely think of my pups as my kiddos. Glad you do, too. It’s awesome that you go all out for pup bdays :) xoxo

HEAB July 7, 2011 at 2:08 pm

Happy Birthday Randy. Wish we could have gotten all the pups together for a play date. Someday for sure! :)

The Teenage Taste July 7, 2011 at 11:01 am

Awwwww!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY EINSTEIN! :-D

Lara (Thinspired) July 7, 2011 at 11:09 am

Happy Birthday to your first baby! Thanks for the doggie recipe–it’s Pippa’s birthday on Monday :)

HEAB July 7, 2011 at 2:07 pm

Lara,
That cake is so good. Hope both you, Lulu, & Pippa enjoy it…Matthew too if there is any left. ;)

Sylvia @ LifeIsGoodWithFood July 7, 2011 at 11:27 am

I love your children! They’re all so adorable – every single one of them ;) Happy Birthday to Einstein<3

phabulousness July 7, 2011 at 11:28 am

My little man turned one this year, too! Here’s a link to the cake I made him- whole wheat flour, peanut butter, honey and vanilla with pureed cottage cheese frosting and slivered carrot decoration…

He loved it almost as much as I loved watching him get frosting all over his smushy little face!

Lisa @ Sunny Seed Stories July 7, 2011 at 11:29 am

Aww, nice touch with the birthday hat. I’m surprised it stayed on long enough for the picture!

HEAB July 7, 2011 at 2:00 pm

Lisa,
I think we could have covered Einstein in hats as long as he had cake to keep him busy. :)

Ashley July 7, 2011 at 11:31 am

Ahhh, so cute!! Love this. :) You’re so darn creative!

The Healthy Hipster July 7, 2011 at 11:35 am

What a simple and delicious sweet treat! I’m always lookin for ways to use almond flour! Nom!

Donna @ Life of a Happy Blonde July 7, 2011 at 12:10 pm

Love love love the puppy party :)
What a great idea to make a dessert everyone can enjoy – i would put banana soft serve on everything if i could!

Dorry July 7, 2011 at 12:18 pm

I’m loving this! A human & doggy-friendly birthday dessert. Happy Birthday, Einstein!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) July 7, 2011 at 12:27 pm

Happy Birthday to your pup! Sounds like a perfect treat to celebrate the day! I had banana soft serve too yesterday. It was such a great treat for such a hot sticky day!

Erica July 7, 2011 at 12:56 pm

Happy birthday Einstein!!!!!!!!!! The cake looks fab! I’ve made Frank biscuits before but never a cake. And the hat is so awesome :)

Katherine July 7, 2011 at 1:17 pm

Aww that is adorable!
Happy Birthday Einstein!

betherann July 7, 2011 at 1:36 pm

Aw, happy birthday, Einstein!! :D

Stephanie @ extremebalance.net/blog July 7, 2011 at 1:40 pm

A trans-species dessert? HEAB climbs to new heights! :)

Jessica July 7, 2011 at 1:55 pm

Puppy birthdays are the best! That cake sounds great, I am going to have to make it for our girls :)

courtney (pancakes and postcards) July 7, 2011 at 2:02 pm

He’s so adorable! I forgot my dog’s bday a few weeks ago, I need to celebrate it now. And I’m telling myself it’s not because I just really want to make a cake…

Ann Claire July 7, 2011 at 2:34 pm

Wow, what a lucky pup!

Errign July 7, 2011 at 2:50 pm

SO cute – happy birthday Einstein! I always make my pupper popsicles on his birthday and fill his kong with peanut butter :) I’m missing him this summer being in Asheville, because he’s back home in NH!

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga July 7, 2011 at 3:08 pm

She had banana softserve?! Oh she IS truly the daughter of a food blogger :)

And you are superwoman for making your dogs birthday cakes. Which of course sounds fabulous and I’d love to try it.

With EXTRA Peanut Butter frosting for me, ok! :)

Alex @ Spoonful of Sugar Free July 7, 2011 at 3:12 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EINSTEIN!!!

And that cake looks so wonderful! I LOVE grain-free cakes…I made a cake for my doggy this year, too. It was peanut butter-apple:his two favorite human foods!

Meghan @ StruggleMuffins July 7, 2011 at 3:17 pm

Whoa whoa whoa, back the train up… peanut butter frosting? Topped with banana soft serve. I surrender. (From what, I’m not sure, but I feel like this dessert warrants surrender of some sort.) I will be making this asap. Happy Birthday to the pup!

CH July 7, 2011 at 3:52 pm

Happy birthday to Einstein! And happy 8 months to Summer too! It’s super easy for me to remember Summer’s milestones/birthdays since her birthday is the day after mine! Yay Scorpios. :)

Hope July is going well in the HEAB household! I’m sending plenty of hugs from my little perch in Provence!

Balancing Sylvia July 7, 2011 at 3:58 pm

Aww Happy Birthday Einstein! We totally call our dogs our kids too. We have two boxers named Mocha and Whiskey :)

Samantha July 7, 2011 at 3:58 pm

Love the whole fun family…Happy Birthday Einstein! We’ll be trying that recipe. I *gasp* dropped and shattered my only current jar of ab, picking more up today.

Jen July 7, 2011 at 3:59 pm

I love how you made a human dessert that a dog would also love. Such a cute idea! Wait, let me reword that…I love how you made a dessert for a dog that a human would also love! (Because dogs love everything. Duh.) Best dog birthday ever. I want some too!

Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance July 7, 2011 at 4:12 pm

How adorable that you make a birthday dessert for your pup! I’m sure he loves you for it.

Happy birthday Einstein!

Kristin @ STUFT Mama July 7, 2011 at 4:24 pm

Aww…. what a fun family birthday party. Now I feel bad that we havne’t celebrated our pets birthdays since my boys were born. Oops. And that cake looks delicious! I want some right now!!!!! :)

Maria @ Beautiful Busy Bee July 7, 2011 at 4:41 pm

Whoa thats so cool how you made a cake for both the humans and the dog!!! :) I’ve never had a pet unfortunately.

Lea @ Healthy Coconut July 7, 2011 at 5:59 pm

Awww, how cute. After my wedding, I’ve gained 2 new pups in my life, well we have been hanging out all this time but they are officially mine too now.

I love them :) I might make this for their birthday. Btw, do your pups shed a lot and how do you keep the house clean or how often do you vacuum?

HEAB July 7, 2011 at 7:27 pm

Lea,
Oh my gosh, yes! Well, Einstein not so much, but Radley sure does, especially when it starts to get warm outside. A few weeks ago, her hair was everywhere. Do you have a Furminator: http://www.amazon.com/FURminator-Large-Yellow-deShedding-4-Inch/dp/B000FSN0A4? Best dog owner invention ever – it really helps brush the hair out. I used to vacuum and or sweep every few days to once a week. However, now I’ll just sweep when I see dog hair piling up (especially in the kitchen. Cannot stand dog hair on our kitchen floor!), and then we have someone that comes to the house to do a deep cleaning every other week. That was a baby shower gift from my MIL – house cleaning every 2 weeks for a year. Best gift ever!

Roz July 7, 2011 at 6:03 pm

Aww…sooo cute that the humans and dogs could have the cake! And so cute that Einstein wore the birthday hat while he had it. Happy birthday to the lucky pup!!! Have a great day Heather!

nikki July 7, 2011 at 6:26 pm

Dawww! Happy birthday, Einstein!

Katie July 7, 2011 at 6:29 pm

You and Janetha are awesome….making your doggies birthday cake! Happy birthday Einstein!

Erin @ Naturally Addicted July 7, 2011 at 7:10 pm

OMG such a precious little puppy! Absolutely adorable!

Paige @ Running Around Normal July 7, 2011 at 7:13 pm

What a cutie:) Happy birthday Einstein!
And too cute that Summer loved the soft serve!

Eden July 7, 2011 at 7:14 pm

happy birthday Einstein! I’ll forgive you for those times you porbably licked your balls!

Eden July 7, 2011 at 7:16 pm

*probably damn typos!

HEAB July 7, 2011 at 7:22 pm

Eden,
We cut Einstein’s balls off a long time ago. However, he does keep his wiener quite clean. :)

Eden July 7, 2011 at 7:27 pm

clean freak. I like him.

Alyssa July 7, 2011 at 8:26 pm

Awwwww! Happy birthday, Einstein!
It’s so nice that all 3 of your kids play so well together!

Lauren July 7, 2011 at 9:05 pm

Happy birthday to your pup!! I love celebrating my dogs birthdays…. :D

jenjo July 7, 2011 at 9:12 pm

Awe; happy birthday Einey!

I’ve just found your blog recently, Heather, and I’m loving it up. You’ve got very shiny hair, you know :)

Jenna

HEAB July 7, 2011 at 9:23 pm

Hi Jenna,
Glad you found me. Thanks for reading and for your kind words. The shiny hair is thanks to Giovanni’s Leave-In conditioner. Love that stuff. :)

jenna July 8, 2011 at 6:09 pm

Well then I’m looking into it :) Have a great weekend!

Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner July 7, 2011 at 10:56 pm

Awe! Eistein is so cute! Happy Birthday boy! :)

Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! July 7, 2011 at 11:47 pm

Aw! This made me smile so so much. I’ve never thought to make a cake for my dog, But I’m sure it makes them so happy!

sally kate @themoxiegirl July 8, 2011 at 12:54 am

i love this- that way when your dog begs, you dont feel so bad about putting the plate on the floor for her to lick… wait not everyone gives into their dog’s begging… oh. haha

Hannah July 8, 2011 at 5:28 am

Well, you’re pretty much the sweetest person in the world for baking for your dog! The closest I’ve come is filling a Kong toy with peanut butter for my poodle :P

Caitlin July 8, 2011 at 8:54 am

hey Heather,

thought you might like this for Summer https://www.sevenslings.com/index.php/shopping_cart#cartSect

use the promo code “WTE” and just pay shipping.

Amanda @ the beauty notebooks July 8, 2011 at 2:44 pm

Celebrating doggy birthdays is so much fun! I like your dog-friendly recipe, and I wonder if my Hungarian Vizsla Buddy would like it for his SIXTH birthday this fall! ;) time sure flies! though he still acts like a puppy all the time :)

HEAB July 8, 2011 at 2:56 pm

Amanda,
I think both pup and mama would enjoy the cake recipe very much. :)

Liz Dean July 8, 2011 at 3:09 pm

Awww….happy Birthday Einstein!! I can’t believe how much he looks like our new pup Casper (my baby #3)!

And what perfect timing! We celebrate Jasper’s (my baby #2) “rescue” birthday on the 11th!!! :)

Eleanor@eatinglikeahorse July 8, 2011 at 4:42 pm

Happy birthday to Einstein, got to be the cutest puppy ever! The cake looks great too :-)

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) July 8, 2011 at 9:25 pm

Our animals are definitely children- much love to Einey (it rhymes with hiney so it makes me laugh)…kisses!

Trisha July 8, 2011 at 9:31 pm

All of that looks so good! Can’t wait to try it :)

{ 1 trackback }