Capturing Memories

by HEAB on July 12, 2011

Over the weekend, Emily and Chris came in town to do another photo session with Summer.  As always, we had the best time hanging out with them, and even though we haven’t known each other long, I feel such a connection with this couple.  Perhaps it’s because everyday I walk through our house and stare at the amazing moments Emily has captured in our lives, making me grateful for her gift as a photographer and for her sweet spirit as a friend.

Not only is Emily a talented photographer, but she is also a wonderful teacher.  Therefore, whenever she comes in town, I bombard her with camera and editing questions…which usually leads to Emily letting me play around with her photography equipment.  So, after taking photos of Summer, I insisted on capturing a few of the couple behind the lens with my camera, using Emily’s white backdrop. So fun.

picture to gif

Emily and Chris, thank you for everything…and again, please tell me why you guys live so far away?!?  I keep trying to talk them into moving to Nashville.  :)

So, would you like to see the beautiful images Emily took of Summer? I know I say this every time, but honestly, I cannot choose a favorite, although it might very well be this one…

Please click here to see the rest of the proofs from the photo shoot. Which one do you like best?

P.S. Chuck Taylor Tuesdays will have to wait until tomorrow as I just couldn’t wait to share these pictures with you guys.

P.P.S. I purchased Summer’s outfit for these photos at Tweed. For all my local readers with children, you must check it out – it’s like a baby Anthropologie. I’m in no way connected to the store – I just love it. So my style.

Katherina @ Zephyr Runs July 12, 2011 at 6:49 am
Liz July 12, 2011 at 6:49 am

OMG….Those are fabulous!!!! Summer is getting so big…and she is so adorable! Love the ones of her and CD…and with your mom…and with you….and them all!!! :)

I think Emily should be my photographer too!!! She just needs to move to Jacksonville~ hehe

Emily July 12, 2011 at 8:10 am

Liz,
I would love to be your photographer! We travel – We will be in Florida in October!
Emily

Liz July 12, 2011 at 8:50 am

YAY!!!!! I would LOVE to get with you!! I will shoot you an email today!

Thanks Heather!!!! :)

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga July 12, 2011 at 6:51 am

Baby Anthro? Sounds lethal. Glad I don’t live there. I know where my paychecks would have been going :)

“I bombard her with camera and editing questions…which usually leads to Emily letting me play around with her photography equipment”–
Wow to have a friend like this….can I borrow her? haha! Because I would LOVE love to have someone with better gear, better lenses, more expertise as it pertains to photography, etc as a friend. That’s so cool.

And the images…Heather….they are just gorgeous! I bet you are SO thrilled!!! You all look….beautiful!

HEAB July 12, 2011 at 8:42 am

Averie,
Actually, I think you have surpassed Emily when it comes to photography equipment. How about Emily and I come over to your place and play with yours? ;)

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga July 12, 2011 at 1:45 pm

Please do!

I just bought the Canon 5D and love it. Shot with it all through Mexico and it’s truly amazing. However, if you ever want to upgrade your glass (and I think I recommend that first even before the cam body) I love love love the 24-70 mm f/2.8 I would marry it if i could :)

Jennifer July 12, 2011 at 7:03 am

They are all wonderful!! How DO you pick??

My 4 year old was sitting next to me when I pulled the pics up. She says, “who’s that?” “Her name is Summer.” She says, “Summer is CUTE!” Then after a brief pause, she says “She’s cuter than Frankie!!” (Frank is our cat) You can not even imagine how HUGE a compliment that is!!!

To give you a small indication…she once told me that she loved me, almost as much as she loves Frank!!

She’s beautiful, Heather! Enjoy!

HEAB July 12, 2011 at 8:42 am

Jennifer,
Ha – I’m honored. Cuter than Frank…that is great. Please tell your 4-year old thank you. :)

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg July 12, 2011 at 7:33 am

Awww, so sweet. Makes my ovaries hurt :-)

katie @KatieDid July 12, 2011 at 7:35 am

They are SO beautiful, I really love the one of you behind summer on the bed, with her look of curiosity and amazement.
That’s a cool collage with the changing pictures, is it a program on photo editing software you have?

HEAB July 12, 2011 at 8:41 am

Thanks Katie. For the animated collage, I used this website: http://picasion.com/. So easy! All you do is upload your photos and then you can copy the html code into a blog post.

Shay July 12, 2011 at 7:36 am

ah-HA! I see where she gets her good looks ;)
What gorgeous eyes you both have! My favorite is of Summer with her legs in a “V” on a black background. Precious!

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat July 12, 2011 at 7:40 am

Summer’s eyes are so incredible!

eliz@thesweetlife July 12, 2011 at 7:44 am

Oh my goodness–she looks so much like both of you! Absolutely gorgeous.

rachael July 12, 2011 at 7:45 am

That picture is incredible! You and Summer are both gorgeous!

Holly @ The Runny Egg July 12, 2011 at 7:52 am

Heather those pictures are beautiful! I especially like the one with all of your hands — Summer’s is so small and cute!

Alexandra (Veggin' Out in the Kitchen) July 12, 2011 at 7:56 am

Aww such precious photos!! I LOVE them all :) But my favorites are the one you picked out, the one with you, Summer, and CD, and the one where you and Summer are looking out the window.

Summer’s growing so fast! It seems like she was just born.

Have a wonderful rest of the week Heather! :D

<3 <3

Grace July 12, 2011 at 8:00 am

I love the one with Summer and CD where you can’t see his eyes and she has this mischievous grin on her face, and the one where you and Summer are on the bed, and you are laughing, and she has this “Oh!” expression. SO cute!

Colleen July 12, 2011 at 8:16 am

Oh my god, Heather, what GORGEOUS photos! Summer is beautiful, and you can really see the family love you all have together!

Colleen July 12, 2011 at 8:16 am

Stacie @ Imperfectly Healthy July 12, 2011 at 8:30 am

I love every single one of those pictures! You’re totally right – Emily is very talented! Summer is just so adorable!

Michelle @ The Cooking Life July 12, 2011 at 8:32 am

Those pictures of your baby and your family are absolutely amazing! Thanks for sharing!

Stephanie @ extremebalance.net/blog July 12, 2011 at 8:34 am

It looks like Summer’s hair is getting lighter… and something about the way it falls makes her look so much like you! Who could pick just one fave?

HEAB July 12, 2011 at 8:39 am

Stephanie,
Her hair is getting lighter. Mine did the same thing – went from black to blond, and now it’s a confused highlighted brown. ;)

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) July 12, 2011 at 9:01 am

The photos are really incredible! I love that they look so natural. As for making connections with people. It feels pretty incredible when you meet people and feel like you know them from the beginning. Those meetings are few and far between, so hold on to it. I think your photos came out so well too because you guys are so comfortable with each other. Seriously, they are beautiful!

Casey July 12, 2011 at 9:29 am

Emily is so talented, and Summer is so beautiful! These are just gorgeous. My personal fave is the very last one. I love them!

nicole July 12, 2011 at 9:30 am

Again, they are all gorgeous. I love the ones of her hand reaching for the camera, you two laying on the bed (with her sitting up) and the one of you two looking out the window the best. That one is my *fav*
I can’t believe how big she’s getting! I feel like I’ve been watching her grow before my eyes and I haven’t even met her in person yet :(
(soon enough…)

Felicia (Natural + Balanced) July 12, 2011 at 9:30 am

there is no way i could pick a favorite. they are absolutely beautiful!! incredible moments captured, i love them all Heather. Summer is so beautiful and has changed so much! Love them all :)

Ana July 12, 2011 at 9:43 am

Omg Heather, the pictures are gorgeous!! Emily is very talented and your family is beautiful!
I like the picture you put on this post and the one of the three of you, that is an amazing picture, the three of you smiling, happy, what a beautiful family!
And Summer is the most adorable baby girl ever!

kate July 12, 2011 at 9:52 am

The photos are gorgeous you are so lucky to have such a talented photographer capturing these moments!

Katie July 12, 2011 at 10:04 am

Unbelievably gorgeous photos! You all are so beautiful…these are such precious memories to have. :-)

Liz @ IHeartVegetables July 12, 2011 at 10:23 am

The pictures a BEAUTIFUL!! My best friend is a photographer, so I’m always asking her questions too :) It’s nice to have friends who know what they’re doing!

Lena July 12, 2011 at 10:23 am

Oh the pictures are so beautiful, Summer looks so much like you :)
I especially like the picture of Summer & CD! captured the very essence of Daddy and his little girl. :)

BethT July 12, 2011 at 10:29 am

GORGEOUS! I am so jealous of Summer’s hair! :) I love them all. We recently got some fam pics taken with Lucy and – like you – I can’t stop staring at them!

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} July 12, 2011 at 10:39 am

All of the photos are gorgeous!! I like the one you posted best, but they are all incredible.

nadia July 12, 2011 at 10:40 am

oh my! how to pick a favorite? impossible! I love the second pic where her eyes are like jewels and also the very last one of you both staring out of the window. LOVE that one… also love the three hands. just gorgeous! xo

Evan July 12, 2011 at 10:46 am

Oh…my…goodness! All of these photos make my heart melt. Summer is such a beautiful little girl, with those inquisitive baby blues! I love that she’s starting to crawl. I think the one you picked is my favorite, too.

…And from the photos, it looks like she might be quite the yogi one day :) !

HEAB July 12, 2011 at 12:09 pm

Evan,
I know. Truth be told, I’m kind of jealous of her forward fold. ;)

My yoga teacher once told me that we are all born with yoga, and as we grow, we forget. It’s so true. I watch Summer crawl and move around, going in and out of splits and sitting up so straight. It’s quite fascinating.

lindsay July 12, 2011 at 10:51 am

oh HEAB, this is precious. These moments captured in pictures are priceless!

Jess@atasteofconfidence July 12, 2011 at 11:17 am

Oh my god, those (and she) are so cute! I don’t know if I can pick just one, but I do like the one of Summer reaching up to touch CD!

Mandy July 12, 2011 at 11:22 am

The hands photo made me cry. They’re all amazing.

Liz July 12, 2011 at 11:48 am

Wowee, these are all super cute. I love the family photos with your Mom and you, CD and Summer. I also think the one where she’s sitting in a straddle pose is adorbs! So tough to choose!!!!

Alyssa July 12, 2011 at 11:49 am

Wow!!!!! Those are gorgeous!
It’s hard to pick just one, but I love the one where she’s sleeping next to you.

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn July 12, 2011 at 11:50 am

Omigah. Swoon. So beautiful.

Errign July 12, 2011 at 11:54 am

As usual – amazing, fabulous, beautiful :) I am jealous of Summer’s crazy hair! xoxo

HEAB July 12, 2011 at 12:06 pm

Errign,
Ha – that’s exactly what we call it “crazy hair”. You should see it when she wakes up from naps. Hilarious!

Lori July 12, 2011 at 12:08 pm

Beautiful photos! No way I can pick a favorite – I love them all. Summer is just precious!!

Paula July 12, 2011 at 12:19 pm

Oh my word! She is precious. Such beautiful big blue eyes and makes the sweetest expressions!

Abby July 12, 2011 at 12:59 pm

Of everything you have ever made in your life, Summer tops it by a million and twelve. What a gorgeous little poopka, which is no surprise considering the ingredients that went into her creation.

I imagine her soul is just as beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing :)

HEAB July 12, 2011 at 1:24 pm

Abby,
Yeah, I think Summer tops my bowls of oat bran…even the pumpkin tahini versions. Thanks for your kind words – she does have a beautiful soul. :)

Anne Marie@New Weigh of Life July 12, 2011 at 1:14 pm

It’s hard to choose a favorite. They are all so precious!

Morgan July 12, 2011 at 1:35 pm

Look at that gorgeous hair coming in! Stunning pictures.

Amy @ Elephant Eats July 12, 2011 at 1:57 pm

Oh my gosh, I love ALL the photos! I can understand why you can’t choose a favorite. Emily did an amazing job! Summer is the cutest little thing and I can’t get enough of her gorgeous blue eyes :)

Kellie July 12, 2011 at 2:02 pm

WOW! Nope, sorry, I can not pick a favorite. Your daughter is beautiful and Emily did a great job!

Ann Claire July 12, 2011 at 2:09 pm

I love the photo of you and summer, absolutely precious!

Kristina @ spabettie July 12, 2011 at 2:19 pm

oh my gosh, I cannot pick! I love them all – so so precious each and every one!

birdie to be July 12, 2011 at 2:20 pm

Beautiful pictures! Her eyes are just fascinating!!!

courtney July 12, 2011 at 2:31 pm

I honestly can’t choose a favorite! You are a beautiful family, and Emily is SO talented! I’d get copies of them all…. ;)

haley July 12, 2011 at 3:08 pm

wow. i really thought i’d be able to choose at least a couple, but as i kept scrolling i realized they are ALL really amazing! she’s so talented, and your family is just so beautiful! summer is adorable =)

Rachel @ I'm Loving Today July 12, 2011 at 3:17 pm

GORGEOUS pictures, Heather! Seriously, what a beautiful little family!

Also, I LOVE that you gave a shout-out to Tweed! One of my best friends from high school is the owner and operator (Maggie!) and she puts her heart and sole into that adorable little store. I don’t know how anyone could walk out of there empty handed (if they have a little one of their own or not!).

HEAB July 12, 2011 at 4:12 pm

Rachel,
Are you the one that told me about Tweed when if first opened? I tried to find the comment so that I could give you a shout-out, but I couldn’t locate it. Thanks so much if it was you. I’m in love with Maggie’s store! Unfortunately, CD is not. ;)

Rachel @ I'm Loving Today July 12, 2011 at 4:18 pm

That was me! :) Maggie even just mentioned you’ve become a regular – I’m so glad! Thanks for remembering my comment a few months back! And, hey, you can justify your trips to Tweed by just how adorable Summer looks in it all!

Tell Maggie I said “hi” next time you’re in there! I miss that girl! :)

Kristin @ STUFT Mama July 12, 2011 at 3:44 pm

The pictures are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maria July 12, 2011 at 4:00 pm

Summer’s pictures are absolutely breathtaking! Enjoy your little bundle of love. :)

HEAB July 12, 2011 at 4:11 pm

Thanks Maria. We are. :)

Heidi @ Food Doodles July 12, 2011 at 4:13 pm

Oh my, that picture of you and Summer is AMAZING! There are no words to describe how much I love that picture. That one is my favorite for sure even though they’re all great :D Summers eyes are so beautiful. My daughter has blue eyes too but they aren’t so bright blue(although they change a lot day to day). So pretty!

Gena July 12, 2011 at 4:25 pm

Exquisite photos, Heather!

katie July 12, 2011 at 5:12 pm

omg how BEAUTIFUL! Look at her beautiful blue eyes! She is getting so big! How can you choose a favorite photo?! Would be so hard! I love the one on htis post though! The others are amazing too!!!

What a awesome photographer!

Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance July 12, 2011 at 5:17 pm

Wow! Summer has blossomed into such a big and beautiful baby girl! You are one lucky mommy :)

The Delicate Place July 12, 2011 at 6:26 pm

love animated gifs! my fave is the 3 of you together smiling…there’s just so much joy and love coming at me in 3D. i love it!

lorne July 12, 2011 at 6:43 pm

I am thinking you are going to need a bigger happiness wall Heather :0)

Oooo she is just so cute – I wish I could give her a squishy hug. I love them all and I wouldn’t be able to pick either…

Annie@stronghealthyfit July 12, 2011 at 6:53 pm

Oh my goodness! These photos are breathtaking. Summer is so stunning- she looks like a little doll!

Hannah July 12, 2011 at 6:58 pm

I looked at these photos through your link on Twitter yesterday, and oh! Heather! I completely see how you can’t choose a favourite. However, I think my top three were the two of you and Summer on the bed (including your pick above), and the three generations of women photo. Oh, and the black and white of Summer’s hadn reaching out, and… :)

Clairerose C July 12, 2011 at 7:18 pm

I LOVE those pictures !! I saw them earlier from your Tweet.She looks picture
perfect no matter who takes the pictures:-)cc

Lauren July 12, 2011 at 7:41 pm

Gosh, Summer is adorable!!! I love those pictures of you two together, those will be great to show her when she is a teenager and moody ;) Just kidding! They will be great to have though and maybe even show at her wedding…..

Emily July 13, 2011 at 7:20 am

Lauren, That is a great idea!! I love seeing photos of the bride and groom when they were babies. It helps to think what their own babies are going to look like! Emily

Ellie@fitforthesoul July 12, 2011 at 8:04 pm

Wow…she is talented indeed! Bahaha, I would bombard her too if I were you :P

Samantha July 12, 2011 at 8:11 pm

Love them all, so precious! I wonder what (if any) actions she uses. The one you choose would be a fave too. Summer is quite the photogenic little thing isn’t she?

Emily July 13, 2011 at 7:29 am

Samantha, For that eye sparkle I make sure to put Summer in lots of light- a window or a light box will do it. Heather’s bedroom has an incredibly soft and dreamy feel to it with large windows behind the bed. That’s the same feeling I wanted in these photographs so we did our best to shoot some in there. They also both have very creamy skin so that didn’t hurt in the final outcome!

Samantha July 13, 2011 at 10:33 pm

Thanks Emily! I have several actions that do similar effects, never been able to capture it on its own. You do wonderful work!

Mary @ Bites and Bliss July 12, 2011 at 8:32 pm

I love them all! They’re so gorgeous :) You’re such a pretty family!

Sylvia @ LifeIsGoodWithFood July 12, 2011 at 9:00 pm

Omigod, so gorgeous! Makes me want to have a baby of my own now :)

Maren July 12, 2011 at 9:27 pm

I’d have to say the one where she’s saying, “talk to the hand!!!” is my fav :) so cute!!

michelle July 12, 2011 at 9:38 pm

Every single picture she does for you is ridiculous! I would hire her in a nano second. Summer is beyond cute and those eyes……! The picture you chose is also my favourite.

Emily July 13, 2011 at 7:24 am

Hi Michelle! We travel! I love to see new places and people. Summer gets those eyes from her parents. I am always slightly stunned each time I see Heather and Chris and how amazing both their eyes are. They have a lot of light coming from them! ~Emily

Sarah @ Food and Love Diaries July 12, 2011 at 9:39 pm

I can’t believe how gorgeous both of your eyes look! Such lovely photos.

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) July 13, 2011 at 12:46 am

I can’t even imagine how proud you are- you must be proud to the moon and back! She’s a stunner and so are you.

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) July 13, 2011 at 12:51 am

PS I LOVE the one where she’s doing a forward fold with her legs wide- SUCH a cheeky smile! They are all amazing though= the family portrait one is superb as are tons of the others!

Luna July 13, 2011 at 7:06 am

Wow, time does fly… Summer is SO beautiful and these photos are gorgeous. How can you choose just one?? :)

Baking 'n' Books July 13, 2011 at 7:06 am

HEAB – Summer’s hair looks JUST like yours there!!

Sami July 13, 2011 at 7:55 am

you need to be mommy/baby models :) they are the cutest pictures ever! emily is talented, but she’s got some easy people to work with when it comes to you guys. summer is just a doll!

xo.

Monica July 13, 2011 at 8:26 am

Gorgeous picture of you and Summer!!!

Ameena July 13, 2011 at 10:15 am

Simply put, you have the most beautiful baby I have seen since my own. And I had to say that otherwise I’d feel super terribly guilty!!

Beautiful job Emily!

Lindsey July 13, 2011 at 11:10 am

Hey HEAB (and the little one) –
Just wanted to say how ridiculously lovely you and le bebe are. Your moderate approach to motherhood, exercise, and food is such an inspiration – so thank you for sharing!

Syndie July 13, 2011 at 6:36 pm

A-dorable Heather!! So precious. Love the one of you two in bed.

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli July 13, 2011 at 7:26 pm

Breath-taking! Emily really knows her stuff! I’m keeping her in mind if I ever need a photographer!

I LOVE the hand shot! Oh my gosh, you HAVE to hang that somewhere in the house!

Kath (My Funny Little Life) July 14, 2011 at 6:53 am

Aww. I already smiled when I saw the pic above, and then I went over to Emily’s site and … Heather, I can’t tell which one I like best! They’re all adorable, and I love the colors and light, so tender and almost transparent. If I *had* to choose, I think I’d say the hands picture. :)

Sarah @ See Sarah Eat July 18, 2011 at 8:29 am

My favorite is the one of you, CD and Summer all together and smiling. Such a beautiful family :)

Allie July 20, 2011 at 7:58 am

Immediate thought of Heather and Summer picture: Wow … Summer is going to be as beautiful as her mother …

Thought after that: People think I’m weird for telling them things like that …

Third thought: Pffft, I’m gonna say it anyway. ‘Tis true!

{ 1 trackback }