Toast and peanut butter. Simple, quick, delicious.
Pictured above was yesterday’s lunch…or snack? I don’t know, it was 2 PM, and I needed food. Two slices of brown rice bread (♥), toasted, with Smucker’s crunchy peanut butter, raisins, and my favorite preserves. I could eat peanut butter toast everyday.
What it is about this combo that is so amazingly good?!? The peanut butter above was another sample from The Peanut Butter Boy himself. Check out the chunk factor. Nick, you’ve outdone yourself with this one. I think we have a winner.
I often get asked about my favorite nut & seed butters. So, here they are in no particular order:
1) Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods 365 brand roasted unsalted crunchy almond butter. I’m guessing both are probably a popular name brand almond butter with a generic label slapped on the jar and about $5 shaved off the price. I’ll take it. I’m a roasted crunchy unsalted girl at heart and love these two almond butters as well as the price.
2) Trader Joe’s roasted almond flax butter. When given the option, I usually go for unsalted, but this stuff is amazing. Really, if you have a Trader Joe’s anywhere near you, go buy some right now.
3) Trader Joe’s unsalted crunchy peanut butter – the one with the red label. Runny, chunky…liquid crack in a jar I tell ya.
4) Sunbutter’s organic sunflower seed butter. Nothing but seeds. Perfect.
5) Joyva Tahini. We buy in bulk from Amazon. 6 cans at a time. Can’t beat that!
Honestly, I rarely meet a nut butter I don’t like, and as long as it’s all natural, I’m likely to eat it. The only almond butter I don’t enjoy is Artisana’s raw almond butter as it always taste a bit off to me, but I love the company’s coconut butter and Cacao Bliss. However, it’s much more economical to make your own. Click here for my homemade coconut butter recipe and here for the chocolate version.
What’s your favorite nut butter?