Serves 2 (or 1 if you’re CD)
- 1 medium white potato
- 4 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 lb. beef
- 1 can sauerkraut, drained and rinse. (Rinse well or the dish will turn out too salty.)
- 3 TBSP salted butter
- Wash, dry, and pierce potato. Bake using your favorite potato cooking method. CD prefers the microwave.
- Brown onions and mushrooms in 1 TBSP butter over medium-high heat.
- Add beef to onion/mushroom mixture and cook through.
- Add diced baked potato, reduce heat to medium, and stir.
- Stir in kraut.
- Add remaining butter and stir until butter melts. Serve.
I ate mine over cooked spinach. This is our favorite dinner lately. I love my husband.