CD’s Dinner Hash Browns

by HEAB on August 15, 2011

.CDHashbrowns.psd

I ate mine over cooked spinach. This is our favorite dinner lately. I love my husband.

CD now has his own section on my recipe page, including everything from his Big Daddy Reuben Stir-Fry to his favorite salad.   About time, huh?

Sylvia @ LifeIsGoodWithFood August 15, 2011 at 1:10 pm

Looks absolutely delish. Now I’m craving me some spinach and hash browns… ;)

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} August 15, 2011 at 1:27 pm

I laughed at the qualifier that it only serves one if you’re CD. Sounds like my husband. :-)

Jennifer August 15, 2011 at 1:27 pm

So nice that you both cook! CD comes up with some interesting stuff! I like how his section is (lovingly, I’m sure) referred to as CD’s “concoctions”. LOL ;o)

We joke at our house…if you want a grilled cheese sandwich or frozen pizza, my husband’s your man! :o ) Unfortunately, I don’t eat either of those.

Aine @ Something to Chew Over August 15, 2011 at 1:41 pm

The serving size is hilarious, it’s exactly the same with my boyfriend! :)

Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance August 15, 2011 at 1:45 pm

Love CD’s new recipe section! I’m going to tell Will (my boyfriend) to check it out and take a hint… ;)

katie @KatieDid August 15, 2011 at 1:45 pm

I’d love some more ideas for using sauerkraut. I’ve been reading up on all the benefits of fermented food, but when I tried to get through a can of it I ended up running out of ideas because I was just throwing it on salads. This recipe looks right up my ally though and I have all those ingredients on hand too! Any other ways you’ve been using the ‘kraut?

HEAB August 15, 2011 at 1:53 pm

Katie,
Yep, CD’s Bid Daddy Reuben: http://heathereatsalmondbutter.com/2011/03/10/so-tempting/
We love kraut and hope to start making our own when we get back home to Nashville. I usually just throw it into my tahini topped stir-fries during the final few minutes of cooking. The Pure2Raw girls make their own kraut, and you can probably find several uses for it if you do a “kraut” search on their blog: http://www.pure2raw.com

Casey Lorraine August 16, 2011 at 5:35 am

Fresh kraut is so delicious! I am eating some right now actually :) .
I make it all the time.
Love it when my partner makes something I’ll eat…we do what you’ve done here. He puts his on something heavy and I have it on salad :)

emily (a nutritionist eats) August 15, 2011 at 1:51 pm

That is my kind of hash! YUM!

Ellie@fitforthesoul August 15, 2011 at 1:51 pm

Oh myyy! You had me at potatoes, mushrooms, AND sauerkraut! haha :P

Baking N Books August 15, 2011 at 2:01 pm

Does CD have a brother? :)

Alex @ Spoonful of Sugar Free August 15, 2011 at 2:04 pm

YUM! That is my kind of recipe! Potatoes, mushrooms, kraut, and caramelized onions-YAY!

And congrats to CD for the recipe page :P

Alison (Fueling for Fitness) August 15, 2011 at 2:19 pm

Wow, that does sound pretty fantastic! I am going to try that asap. Mmmm, thanks CD and HEAB! :)

the delicate place August 15, 2011 at 2:37 pm

this has lots of my fave things! my work lunch today was grassfed beef, stir fried with peppers, onions & broccoli! nate makes this killer potato pancake so i should def pass this on to him. he def does more cooking than me (i’m spoiled) :)

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga August 15, 2011 at 2:39 pm

Scott would be all over that plate in a hot, hashbrown second :)

I am glad that CD cooks for you. That right there means you should keep him around :)

The Teenage Taste August 15, 2011 at 2:45 pm

This sounds so good. Now I need hashbrowns. Not want, need! ;-)

Katie @ Peace Love and Oats August 15, 2011 at 2:59 pm

looks delicious! wish I had a man cooking that for me! haha

lindasy August 15, 2011 at 4:37 pm

butter and sauerkraut. My german heritage approves!

Kelly @ Foodie Fiasco August 15, 2011 at 6:02 pm

This looks awesome. I made a dinner hash on the blog a bit ago, but I need to make this. Like, now. ;)

Heather @ Bake, Run, Live August 15, 2011 at 6:19 pm

This looks great! I’m not a big fan of sauerkraut, but this recipe might just make me change my mind!

Nikki @ Resistant Nikki August 15, 2011 at 6:28 pm

Potatoes are out for me most of the time unfortunately because of the carbs, but looks fantastic! I like your comment about serving 1 if you are CD…I’m always thinking we’ll have leftovers, and then turns out we don’t!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) August 15, 2011 at 6:37 pm

Oh YUM! This looks perfect! My boys all love hash browns, I’m definitely doing this one for them!

Roz@weightingfor50 August 15, 2011 at 6:53 pm

Hi Heather, this is so simple, but looks so freakin’ good! Thanks for sharing the idea!

Hannah August 15, 2011 at 8:20 pm

So, I just discovered a can of sauerkraut that’s been in my cupboard for over a year, as well as a little ziplock bag of kangaroo mince. Heather and CD – you guys rock.

michelle August 15, 2011 at 9:05 pm

I love the way you and CD put meals together. My husband calls this method of cooking ‘mysterious mishmash’. He always loves it though :)

nikki August 16, 2011 at 1:42 am

I am so jealous CD cooks, I get pancakes out of my hubby… or anything with directions on the side that don’t appeal to me :P