CD is not a fan of doing the dishes. At home, it’s not a big deal as we have a dishwasher, and we’re both really good about not leaving dishes in the sink – I don’t understand why people with dishwashers allow dishes to pile up in the sink. Why not just rinse and pile in the dishwasher? Anyway, here in Michigan, there is no dishwasher, and with all the cooking we do, I refuse to let the dirty dishes from any meal linger very long. So, the deal is if you make a meal for yourself, then you also clean up after yourself. However, if you make a delicious meal for me, then I’ll happily do the clean-up. Last night, CD made a delicious dinner…
CD’s Cheesy Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 TBSP butter
- 2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream (for topping)
- Melt 2 TBSP butter in skillet over medium high heat. Add a few shakes of salt to skillet.
- Slightly salt the tops of chicken and add to skillet. Cook chicken, flipping once. When cooked through, remove chicken and set aside. (To cut down on cooking time, slice chicken breasts in half, for 4 thinner cuts of meat).
- Add onions and mushrooms to butter and chicken drippings in skillet + remaining TBSP butter. Saute veggies until cooked.
- Add cheese to veggie mixture. Stir until cheese melts and then pour veggie/cheese mixture on plated chicken. Top with sour cream.
Sour cream not optional. Enjoy…and have fun scrubbing the butter splatters off the stove-top. 😉