We’re Home & Labor Day Deals

by HEAB on September 5, 2011

We made it back to Nashville on Saturday night, and this photo pretty much sums up the rest of the weekend…

PostMILaudnry.psd

Anyone else’s dining room table double as a laundry folding station?

Lots of unpacking, organizing, etc., and it’s been a blast watching Summer explore our house. She wasn’t crawling much when we left, but now she is all over the place. My to-do list is about a mile long, but all in good time. Today’s plan includes a cookout later with friends and hopefully a trip to the yoga studio.

Before I go, following are some announcements and online sales I’ve been meaning to share with you:

1) iHerb sells Sunbutter sunflower seed butter. How this fact escaped my attention, I have no idea as I love both iHerb and Sunbutter and ordered myself three jars yesterday. My favorite is the organic Sunbutter with no added sugar or salt. Again, for $5 off your first iHerb order, use the coupon code EME542 at checkout.

2) Through today, Monday, September 5, receive 20% off all online orders of Barney Butter with the coupon code School20.

3) Through midnight tonight (PST), receive 40% off your entire order at YogaDownload with the coupon code LaborDay2011.

4) Trufflehead, a healthy cooking app for iPhone and iPad has launched, and you can click here to read more about it. I was asked to test and review a couple of the recipes several months ago, and I’m excited the app is now available (even though I still don’t own an iPhone or iPad – there are other of you out there, right?). Anyway, for the next few weeks, Trufflehead will be available at a 50% discount, after which it will go up to $3.99. If you know any cooks who might be interested, please spread the word. The app can be purchased here.

5) Last but not least, remember when I sampled Shawn’s Nut Butters? Well, I’m excited to announce that Shawn is now selling his yummy flavors on Esty under the Square One Nut Butters label, and word on the street is that they are better than a certain other flavored nut butter. Hmm, I see a blind taste test in my near future. Good work Shawn, and I’m so happy for you!  Edited to Add: Receive receive 15% off your order of Square One Nut Butters with the code HEATHER15OFF. Click here to order.  Awesome, thanks Shawn!

Happy Monday and Happy Labor Day to all my fellow Americans.

P.S. Thinking about all my friends in Texas. Be safe!

Ann @ Day By Day September 5, 2011 at 10:40 am

Thanks for sharing the online sales! I’m definitely going to be checking those out! Have a great Labor day!

Savannah @ Sweet and Savvy September 5, 2011 at 10:59 am

All these deals look AMAZING! Thanks for sharing.

Oh and my dining room table does not function as a laundry folding station, but more of a “file system” for all of my family’s papers. (aka.. where we throw EVERYTHING)

Kristina @ spabettie September 5, 2011 at 11:11 am

already stocked up on my Barney Butter – mmmm.

one of the couches is generally laundry folding area, because the dining table is my photo “studio” :D

happy Monday and Labor Day – have a fun cookout!

Kilee September 5, 2011 at 11:36 am

Thank you for the heads up on all the deals. Have a fun day! Good luck on all that laundry ;)

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List September 5, 2011 at 11:37 am

Glad to see you’re home ok. That laundry pile looks similar to mine, only I didn’t go anywhere. I’m just that far behind.

Carbzilla September 5, 2011 at 11:37 am

Hi beautiful Heather – Though I’m not blogging these days, it’s amazing to watch the year go by with another of your summer trips coming to an end. It really feels like time going by even if I’m calculating it by your life’s events. Have a wonderful fall!

HEAB September 5, 2011 at 2:38 pm

Carb,
Oh gosh – that is so sweet. I still find myself going by the school calendar even though it’s been a while since I had to go back to the classroom in the fall. Perhaps I’ll try the Heather Summer Trip calendar instead. Yeah, I like that one. ;)

Square One Nut Butters September 5, 2011 at 12:02 pm

Thanks for the shout out Heather! I just wanted to let everyone know that whoever orders from your site will receive 15% off with the code HEATHER15OFF. It will be good for anyone who sees the code from this blog, so just add that code on the page before checkout and you’ll get a hefty discount : )

Thanks again!

HEAB September 5, 2011 at 2:39 pm

Wow, that’s great – thanks Shawn. I’ve added the discount coupon code to the post. Hope it helps your sales – I really enjoyed your nut butters!

Kristin @ STUFT Mama September 5, 2011 at 12:02 pm

Thanks for all the deals Heather! :) Love that iherb sells SunButter. Beware- your dining room table won’t be able to double as a laundry folding station for long. Once Summer can reach the clothes it’s all over! :) Get ready! :) Ha! Welcome home! Happy Labor Day!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey September 5, 2011 at 12:53 pm

That kind of looks like my guest room! It is always covered in laundry!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) September 5, 2011 at 1:20 pm

Yeah, my house looks like a bomb went off in it. I don’t know if I will ever get through this mess. Good luck getting yours all done and have fun today!

Mary @ Bites and Bliss September 5, 2011 at 1:29 pm

Thanks for sharing these, Heather! I’m always looking for new ways to save some cash. :)

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga September 5, 2011 at 2:27 pm

Aren’t you just the bearer of deals and savings and money saving details! Thanks for sharing all that. I just shared a coupon for Vega in my last post. Sometimes I am contacted by so many companies wanting me to share things and promote for them I almost can’t keep it all straight so thanks for the hookup and helping all your readers out!

Now about that laundry. Good luck and have fun :)

Welcome home! How’s mail sorting coming? I’d be up til 2am getting that one handled, too! ha!

HEAB September 5, 2011 at 2:46 pm

Averie,
Haha – oh gosh, the mail! Half of it is still sitting at our neighbor’s house, and the after sorting through the first batch, I realized I missed jury duty back in August. Oops.

The companies – I know. Sometimes, it’s gets out of control. I get all their newsletters via email, and if good sales are happening, I like to spread the word. :)

Emilia @ Namaste Gurl September 5, 2011 at 3:21 pm

Yay for being home– but I totally understand the overwhelmed state of returning back home after being gone awhile. Good luck with that! :)

Happy labor day my friend!

the delicate place September 5, 2011 at 4:49 pm

ooph i’m coming home tomorrow and the heap of laundry situation will be facing me soon enough! glad you made it back safely! i did see that on iherb…as if i couldn’t buy more stuff from them seriously! happy labor day, do something relaxing, a vacation from vacation perhaps :)

Jen September 5, 2011 at 5:31 pm

I’ve seen my mom fold laundry on the dining room table countless times!

Nikki September 5, 2011 at 7:08 pm

I am couch folder… I find it is the best time to catch up on PVR’d programs! Although I tend to collect laundry till I do a HUGE day of it, so I can make the excuse to watch!

I actually made my first purchase ever on iherb last night… (I used your code) I had some Good Earth Tea at a friend’s house the other day and on my searches for it online, I found it at iherb. Remembering that I had saw iherb somewhere before, which was on your blog, and reading about the rewards, I made sure I clicked through via your site to make my purchases. I am in Canada, and they were really reasonable for shipping, plus the $5 off coupon, plus this weekend they had an extra 10% off if you ordered over $40!
I have already received a shipping confirmation… talk about quick! Thanks for the recommendation!

HEAB September 5, 2011 at 9:11 pm

Nikki,
Yay – so happy you checked out iHerb. I just ordered from iherb tonight – that makes 2 orders in one weekend for me. I was unpacking my make-up from our trip and realized that I must have dropped my make-up bag b/c all my powdered make-up was broken into teeny tiny pieces. Grrr. Anyway, checked out iHerb, and yep, they carry my favorite make-up (Mineral Fusion). Ahh, so excited!!! Did not know they had Good Earth tea. Their Original Sweet & Spicy is my all-time favorite tea. So good to know – thank you!

Kelly September 5, 2011 at 8:31 pm

Thanks for all the discount links and your thoughts for us Texans. Much appreciated : ) Have an awesome Labor day!

Jen September 5, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Those are great deals HEAB. If I ever ordered online, I’d check out iHerb. But I’m afraid I’d get carried away ;)

glidingcalm September 5, 2011 at 9:42 pm

thanks for all of the deals, links, and info, HEAB!

I have loveeeeeeeeed following Summer’s growth via facebook pictures!! She is the most beautiful and precious little girl!

many hugs!

Hannah September 5, 2011 at 11:08 pm

Ooooh! Checking out the Etsy shop now! :D

(Though just remembered my brother bought me four PB&Co flavoured nut butters for my birthday, which have been waiting for me at my parents’ house for months. I should perhaps eat those first…)

Square One Nut Butters September 6, 2011 at 9:42 am

Boo, PB&Co.! Haha… The nut butters I sell are truly unique and unlike anything you will find. PB & Co. is basically the same as Jif, skippy, Etc… but with different flavors.

At Square One, I add no additional oils, fillers, or preservatives and you can really tell when you taste it. You won’t be dissapointed : ) Also, at 15% off, how could you go wrong : P

Square One Nut Butters September 6, 2011 at 9:43 am

At Square One, I add no additional oils, fillers, or preservatives and you can really tell when you taste it. You won’t be disappointing : ) Also, at 15% off, how could you go wrong : P

Cameo Morningstar September 6, 2011 at 5:33 am

YUM! I am all over the butters. NUT BUTTER GOOOOOD.

Angel7 September 6, 2011 at 8:19 am

I like the Sunbutter brand, and so does our 3 year-old daughter! Thanks to finding your’s and other’s healthy eating blogs, I learned about almond and sunflower butter–both are so much better for you to eat than Jif and such!

Vegetarian in the City September 6, 2011 at 9:01 am

thanks for the tips!

I’ll have to try sunflower butter!

Trainer Kjirsten @ Balanced Healthy Life September 6, 2011 at 2:09 pm

Welcome back home! : )
I’m the worst at unpacking and dread it! I try and just get it done right when I get home otherwise it could sit for weeks!

HEAB September 6, 2011 at 8:20 pm

Kjirsten,
Oh my gosh, I am the SAME way. CD’s suitcase will sit unpacked for a week, but within 2 hours of getting home, I had all my stuff put away, Summer’s clothes unpacked, laundry started, and was busy sorting mail. Guess where CD was? Hint…it involved a remote control. ;)

emily September 6, 2011 at 7:07 pm

That is what I love about vacations, it feels so go to go, and so good to come home! And you aren’t alone, I don’t have an iphone or ipad either.

Annie@stronghealthyfit September 7, 2011 at 10:17 am

Thanks for reminding me about iHerb! Esp. about the unsweetened sunbutter. I can’t seem to find that in any store near me, so I buy the sweetened stuff but only once in awhile. Going to check it out right now.