A list of vacationing in Michigan and coming home to Nashville realizations:
1. I do not need to check my email or get on the Internet every morning. However, I must say that I prefer Google News for the latest headlines. My apologies to Morning Express with Robin Meade, but you’re kind of annoying.
2. The pups behave so much better when they get two long walks every day…BUT one of them will still break through the DIY dog net in the back of your Jeep Cherokee, even though you shoved pillows and blankets in every possible opening and secured the whole thing with duct tape. So yep, a 12 hour car ride with Radley trying to sit in my lap while Einstein stretched out in the back. I swear he had a smirk on his face too – that dog always ends up with more room than any of us.
3. Coming home to seven weeks worth of weeds in our yard is not pretty. Nor is seven weeks worth of mail.
4. Speaking of mail, apparently I was supposed to report to jury duty on August 22. Oops.
5. I love our dishwasher, like REALLY love our dishwasher.
6. Here at home, CD and I each have our own separate coffee makers as he prefers his coffee super strong, and I basically drink brown water. In Michigan, we had to compromise as there was only one pot. Yes, I know we could have brewed two separate pots, but you see, we both like to drink our coffee first thing in the morning…and we’re lazy. Therefore, our Michigan coffee was a bit strong for me and a bit weak for Chris. Our first morning back in Nashville, I used my own pot to brew my coffee, and yeah, I really do drink brown water. Well, truth be told, I actually drink cream and vanilla stevia with a splash of brown water.
7. I love books. As much as I missed our 24/7 wi-fi, I read a lot in Michigan, and it was good. Books make me happy. Remember those things – they are made with paper and filled with words. I’d kind of forgotten.
8. I posted about using the No ‘Poo method for washing my hair, and honestly, I am so happy to be back to my shampoo!!! For a while the baking soda/apple cider vinegar combo worked great, but after a few weeks, my hair developed this strange film on it, and it always felt greasy or something. I didn’t like it, and I’m back on the ‘poo. Hair is happy.
9. I love Trader Joe’s and Costco and toast with crunchy peanut butter.
10. Michigan, you were amazing, but I’m happy to be home.