Thursday

by HEAB on September 8, 2011

I baked.

OatiesSharpened.jpg
To the winning bidder of my Oaties for The Great Fundraising Act, one batch of Original Oaties and one batch of Double Chocolate Oaties (new variation) are on their way. Enjoy and thanks again for donating!

Summer and I did The Hill. For any of my Nashville readers – you know, the one over by the International Market off Belmont Blvd. We did it together all the time when she was inutero. However, I don’t think I’ve ever pushed the stroller up the hill before today.

BernardHill.psd

Yeah, that was hard.

I snacked on cinnamon toast.

CinnamonToast2.psd

Inspired by Maggie: butter, powdered stevia, & cinnamon on toast, broiled in the oven for a few minutes. Maggie, it was just as good as I remembered it to be!

Thanks to YouTube, I mastered carrying Summer on my back in my Mei-Tai carrier.

SummerInMeiTai.psd

‘Twas a good day, and now I’m off to watch football with CD…well, sit next to him and read while he watches football anyway. ;)

katie @KatieDid September 8, 2011 at 8:38 pm

aw I loveeee summer’s long hair! It’s so so pretty.
p.s. I shampooed for the first time in months tonight, and it feels great :) hahah

HEAB September 9, 2011 at 10:26 am

Katie,
I know! I can actually run my fingers through my hair this week, and I like it. :)

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List September 8, 2011 at 8:51 pm

Pushing a stroller is one of the BEST workouts…when we do hills, it’s so stinkin’ hard – I’ve got a double jogger (and chubby kids) so it kills my glutes!

Savannah @ Sweet and Savvy September 8, 2011 at 8:52 pm

Summer is getting so big! Can’t believe you pushed her up that entire hill! Congrats on that. :)

Love the cinnamon toast idea!

Holly @ The Runny Egg September 8, 2011 at 8:55 pm

Summer is such a doll! What a cutie.

Liz @ Southern Charm September 8, 2011 at 9:06 pm

Those oaties look amazing!!! So good!!!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) September 8, 2011 at 9:09 pm

Summer is getting so big! She is just too cute. Enjoy your evening Heather!

Gavi @ Gavi Gets Going! September 8, 2011 at 9:15 pm

Your photos have been GORGEOUS lately! I know you’ve been working on your food photography, and I just wanted to tell you that your pictures have been so amazing in the last few weeks. I love reading about your adventures!

HEAB September 9, 2011 at 10:26 am

Gavi,
Oh gosh, thanks for noticing. Sometimes I’m really happy with my photos, and other times I realize I have a ways to go. So much to learn, but it’s so fun.

Pure2raw twins September 8, 2011 at 9:16 pm

Summer is sooo cute and getting so big!! You two are so cute together. And youtube is the greatest! I learn so many things off it ;)

Caitlin September 8, 2011 at 9:17 pm

I see my car in that hill! This Nashvillian runner knows that hill too well… Put to push a stroller up that hill – talk about workouts for moms!

HEAB September 9, 2011 at 10:25 am

Caitlin,
Haha, really? That is too funny. You must stop and say “hi” if you ever see me. I’ll be the one huffing and puffing with the stroller. I’m hard to miss. ;)

Caitlin September 9, 2011 at 10:03 pm

haha, will do! I’m a Belmont runner – if you ever see a girl with the short hair running in a pack of Belmont girls and she says hey, you’ll know it’s me!

Erica September 8, 2011 at 9:28 pm

The winner is so lucky!! What a hill!! Love babyware-atotal lifesaver! Summer’s hair is getting super long

Sagan September 8, 2011 at 9:28 pm

Yummy cinnamon toast! You two are so cute. That hill would be hella tough!

Lana September 8, 2011 at 9:31 pm

OMG, I almost can’t stand how cute Summer is. Makes me want to hurry up and have a baby boy in hopes that she’ll someday be into slightly younger fellas. That may make me weird, but at least I’m honest.

HEAB September 9, 2011 at 10:24 am

Lana,
CD is 4 years younger than me…so like mother like daughter? It could happen. ;)

Sarah R September 8, 2011 at 9:32 pm

Sounds like a wonderful day! Summer is just too cute :)

Katie @ Peace Love and Oats September 8, 2011 at 9:36 pm

when i was little, my mom would always make us cinnamon sugar toast! It was just normal toast and right when you take it out of the toaster you spread on butter and then cinnamon sugar! So delicious!

HEAB September 9, 2011 at 10:14 am

Katie,
Me too – one of my favorites back in the day! :)

glidingcalm September 8, 2011 at 9:37 pm

I texted you my thoughts about summer’s hair! (too cute for words!)

i want some oatiesssssssss!!

yay for hiking hills!! :) sounds like a fun way to get exercise!!

loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Emilia @ Namaste Gurl September 8, 2011 at 9:40 pm

Short and sweet. That’s why I fell in love with your blog and continue to read it day to day :)
Those oaties look mouth- watering good and what lucky winners they are to have a batch of your homemade oaties! :) Which reminds me, I need to whip up a batch for school snacks…..
It’s that time of the year again: lots of apples on the tree, therefore applesauce time :)
Hope you’re well!

HEAB September 9, 2011 at 10:14 am

Emilia,
Ahhh, the apples. Oh my goodness, please enjoy some for me. They were so good! And yes, short and sweet posts are the best. :)

Katie September 8, 2011 at 9:42 pm

Sounds like a pretty sweet day. Literally and figuratively.

Alyssa September 8, 2011 at 10:11 pm

Summer’s such a cutie! She looks like she’s saying “OK, enough with the pictures Mom, let’s walk!”
I once tried pushing both kids in a double stroller up a steep hill. Nearly gave myself a coronary, lol! And then I had to walk backwards downhill; I was afraid momentum would take over and we’d all end up in a heap at the bottom.

Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance September 8, 2011 at 10:15 pm

I can’t believe how much Summer has grown already! And she has the most beautiful blue eyes :)

Jennie (the gf-gf) September 8, 2011 at 10:18 pm

When i saw your post title I thought “wait is she talking about last Thursday?” totally forgot today is Thursday!! I like 4 day weeks, they go by so fast.

Summers hair has gotten so long! What a cutie!

HEAB September 9, 2011 at 10:11 am

Jennie,
Yeah, I had to stop and think what day it was myself. Thought it was Wednesday all day yesterday.

Liz @ Tip Top Shape September 8, 2011 at 10:49 pm

Oh my word, I’ve been away from the blogs for a while and Summer has grown so much!! She has so much hair now! That hill looks pretty intense. Kudos to you for taking it on!

MizFit September 9, 2011 at 5:08 am

the other day my girl was feeling as though she wanted to be small again and we whipped out that same carrier—and she still fit! :)

Anne September 9, 2011 at 7:02 am

congrats on defeating the hill hehe :)
Heather is absolutely beautiful, she’s growing up so fast!

Kat @ Big Apple Little Kitchen September 9, 2011 at 7:29 am

I am on such a baking kick lately. I’m definitely trying your oaties this weekend. Summer is the cutest baby ever; I wish I had her hair!

Clare @ Fitting It All In September 9, 2011 at 8:06 am

She’s getting SO big! So beautiful!
And cinnamon toast was my FAVORITE childhood breakfast. Now I want it again!

Emily September 9, 2011 at 8:19 am

Nice work on that hill, it looks like a killer one!! Glad you didn’t have any trouble with the law about the missed jury duty :) oh and Summer is absolutely adorable :)

Emmy (Wine and Butter) September 9, 2011 at 8:31 am

There were so many things I was going to comment as I read even such a short post 1) photos of cookies are awesome 2) summer is SO cute 3) you look beautious too – so brown and super white teeth (maybe thats relative from my UK position) – I want a summer!!! (baby and season) xox

Michaela September 9, 2011 at 9:12 am

Summer ist such a cutie!!!

Nicole @ PancakesandPilates September 9, 2011 at 10:46 am

Oaties, toast and baby look delicious! Just kidding on Summer, she is just adorable ;)

Kelsey @ Snacking Squirrel September 9, 2011 at 11:30 am

just thinking about walking up that hill is making me tired- but pushing a stroller up? now that deserves a big pat on the back :) Good job!

I love that Mei-Tei carrier! She looks so snug and ready to go wherever Mama chooses to explore :)

I like the combination of both Oaties. Its always best whentheres a chocolate version and an original version- then you can get one of each and don’t feel deprived hehe

xoxo <3

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga September 9, 2011 at 12:36 pm

Summer and you look adorable! Mastering ANY kind of baby carrying can be tricky, especially! back carrying. You look like an old pro :) And Summer looks adorable..not squished (which is always how Skylar looked when I tried back carrries!)

And cinny bread “butter, powdered stevia, & cinnamon on toast, broiled in the oven for a few minutes” <– I need that in my life. Now!

GetSkinnyGoVegan September 9, 2011 at 1:03 pm

LOVE cinnamon bread. Always used to get Ezekiel sprouted but gave up gluten.

nikki September 9, 2011 at 1:48 pm

Wow those look good I am going to have to search your site for their recipe, like another commenter make a batch or two for school lunches.

Wow, summer is getting SO big already! I love her long hair… sigh I wish I had a little girl! My two boys are pretty great though, and I wouldn’t trade them for the world!

HEAB September 9, 2011 at 1:50 pm

Hi Nikki,
Here is the link to my Oatie recipes: http://heathereatsalmondbutter.com/recipes/oaties/. Enjoy – I think your boys will approve. ;)

Kristin @ STUFT Mama September 9, 2011 at 1:50 pm

Oh yeah, pushing strollers up hills are NO joke. I really wonder how many extra calories we burn when pushing all that added weight. :) Summer’s getting so big! :) I welcome football season because I feel like I have an excuse to be more productive while Andrew sits and watches football. :)
And… cinnamon bread is FABULOUS! I’ve done it before with those whole wheat cinnamon rolls from Trader Joes. AMAZING!!!!!!

Ana September 9, 2011 at 2:20 pm

Oh my, those oaties look so good, I want to bake some for me!
Summer looks so much like you on that picture Heather! She is soooo cute!!
I should make some cinnamon toast for Matheus sometime for breakfast, I think he is going to love it!

Lou September 9, 2011 at 3:11 pm

Summer is just a little scrummy cherub! I reckon this is such the cutest age (my little boy is 10months) but I think I say that about every stage, go figure. I always make the mistake of loading up the stroller with far too many groceries, and then have to hike up and down hills with it to get home… yay for incidental exercise, that will do me thanks! Am loving the direction you’re going with the blog too (can totally relate, our little ones are at basically the same stages!)

Jen September 9, 2011 at 3:37 pm

Hey, that’s how I watch football with my fiancĂ©! Who knew we were twins? And I know I didn’t win your oaties, but that doesn’t mean you can’t send me some…

Alison September 9, 2011 at 4:26 pm

That hill is INSANE! I just moved away from Nashville after 5 years there getting my masters at Vandy and that hill was definitely on my training schedule for the nashville mini marathon! Once I found it, it was addicting, but oh so hard! I love reading your blog – makes me miss Nash (and sweet cece’s) so much!

HEAB September 9, 2011 at 7:20 pm

Alison,
I know – I used to shuffle up it back in my running days – definitely a great workout, and CD uses it for hill sprints. He’s kind of crazy.

Thanks so much reading – I know you must miss Nashville.

Bridget September 9, 2011 at 5:36 pm

I will be diligently watching the mail for my oaties. They look delish! Thanks again!

HEAB September 9, 2011 at 7:18 pm

Bridget, they should arrive tomorrow (Saturday). Enjoy! :)

The Delicate Place September 9, 2011 at 6:48 pm

!!!! eep look at her hair! darling! are you going to let it grow long?

HEAB September 9, 2011 at 6:57 pm

TDP,
I’d like to – nothing crazy though. Just long enough to put into pigtails or braids. :)

caroline September 9, 2011 at 6:49 pm

ohhh summer is just a beauty. she has the prettiest darkest baby hair, i want her hair :) …i made oaties for my family the other week and they just devoured them!! yum

HEAB September 9, 2011 at 6:55 pm

Caroline,
Oh good, so glad the Oaties were a hit! :)

Jen September 9, 2011 at 9:30 pm

The winner chose the chocolate variety? Good choice, although I’d be gunning for the maple ;)

Never thought about “broiling bread” before – good idea. I haven’t had toasted bread in a long time…I’m usually too lazy for that. Yikes.

Ameena September 9, 2011 at 9:51 pm

I remember how hard it was to push a stroller up a similar hill here in LA. I was in the best shape during those days! No gym necessary.

Love Summer’s cute hair. She is adorable.

Kelly @ Foodie Fiasco September 9, 2011 at 10:45 pm

Who needs football, anyway? Book buddies forever! ;) (Summer is SOO CUTE!)

Sierra @ Posh Meets Pavement September 10, 2011 at 12:26 pm

Summer is too precious! Thank goodness for YouTube tutorials. Way to dominate those hills.

Lee September 10, 2011 at 6:42 pm

Look at Summer’s hair! So cute.

shannon j. September 10, 2011 at 9:25 pm

she is sooooooo cure- love her hair!

shannon j September 10, 2011 at 9:26 pm

i meant cute!!

Samantha September 11, 2011 at 12:30 am

What a sweet picture, Summer is just too much! As is that hill, oh my goodness!