It’s Good To Be Home

by HEAB on September 13, 2011

Chucks@BigHeadTodd.psd

Saturday night was date night, and CD and I went to see Big Head Todd and the Monsters, his favorite band at the Ryman Auditorium, my favorite music venue in all of Nashville. It’s the original home of the Grand Ole Opry and the birthplace of bluegrass.

Sunday afternoon, my Chucks and I joined Heather at Sweet CeCe’s, my favorite frozen yogurt establishment in all of Nashville. It was great to catch up with Heather, and my frozen yogurt + walnuts tasted so good. (However, nothing beats Michigan ice-cream!)

Chucks@SweetCeCe's.psd SweetCeCe'sWithHeather.psd

Monday afternoon, we joined my friend Jamina for a coffee date at The Frothy Monkey, my favorite coffee shop in all of Nashville.

FrothyMonkeyJamina.psd

And today, Chucks, myself, and Summer headed over to Jill’s house for lunch. Remember Jill, my favorite banana bread baker in all of Nashville?

Lunch@Jill's.psd

Jill served up some of the best Chana Masala I’ve ever had. She used this recipe, and if you’re a fan of Indian food, you must try it. However, the star of the meal was her Harvest Bread. Seriously, I could not stop eating it.

Jill'sHarvestBread.psd

Here is the recipe, and I will be making my own loaf soon. Thanks again Jill for a lovely lunch, and Summer apologizes for all the quinoa on the floor. ;)

So happy to be back home with my family & friends in such an amazing city. Nashville, I missed you more than I realized.

Happy Chuck Taylor Tuesday!

Nicole September 13, 2011 at 7:57 pm

Ahhh catching up! Your Chucks have been keeping you busy since you’ve been back! I love that you’re not stressing out over Summer’s crawling.
OOh and that banana bread….

Anna @ On Anna's Plate September 13, 2011 at 8:04 pm

Whoa– that bread looks SO moist and delicious!! Yum!

Shelby September 13, 2011 at 8:15 pm

Definitely making that meal sometime in the near future!

Holly @ The Runny Egg September 13, 2011 at 8:22 pm

You’ve been busy since you got home!

That bread looks incredible.

kathleen @ the daily crumb September 13, 2011 at 8:27 pm

wow, that bread looks fantastic. thanks for sharing!

Savannah @ Sweet and Savvy September 13, 2011 at 8:28 pm

Wow! I am jealous of that froyo and bread! :)

Glad you had a great day!

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List September 13, 2011 at 8:28 pm

Date nights ROCK!!

Pure2raw twins September 13, 2011 at 8:32 pm

good to be home indeed ;) we just got back in town too

Katie @ Peace Love and Oats September 13, 2011 at 8:38 pm

The Frothy Monkey!?!?!? that sounds like an awesome coffee shop!

katie @KatieDid September 13, 2011 at 8:52 pm

Chuck had a lot of action this weekend! I’m clicking right over to that harvest bread as soon as I finish typing this. I can tell its something I would love!

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} September 13, 2011 at 9:01 pm

Wow I just clicked over to that bread recipe and it said it only takes 10 minutes to prepare the batter. I’m sold.

Baking N Books September 13, 2011 at 9:02 pm

Holy crap that girl can bake. I see carrots in there. Thanks for the recipe link.

Baking N Books September 13, 2011 at 9:04 pm

Do you usually follow these recipes exact? Or do you sub out the sugar since your conscious of that?

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga September 13, 2011 at 9:07 pm

Omg that harvest bread looks soooo good and Im not even a “bread girl” (give me chocolate cake and that’s a diff story..hah!)

Big Head Todd…OMG I used to listen to them ALL THE TIME in h.s. and college and saw them live twice!!! Back in the days of Tori Amos and Melissa Etheridge and that whole early 90s circa. I can hardly remember my life that far back.

Can you even remember what life before parenthood was like?! :)

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) September 13, 2011 at 9:27 pm

Glad to hear you’re back home and all’s well!

That bread looks amazing–very doughy looking, just the way I like it. I’ve never had Chana Masala but it sure looks delish!! I haven’t had much Indian cuisine in my time, but I’d like to. :)

GetSkinnyGoVegan September 13, 2011 at 10:07 pm

Love the shoes! Love the look and just found Ethletics, which are the same type of shoes, but no sweatshop! Nashville looks great!! Think QuarryGirl was just there!

Kelly @ Foodie Fiasco September 13, 2011 at 10:55 pm

BREAD!!!!!!!! I must make some now. ;)

Samantha September 14, 2011 at 12:34 am

Those Chucks sure are making the rounds…I’ll bet Big Head Todd was great! Always good to see friends too. The harvest bread is another must try. We’re attempting to do 2-3 items on Sunday to put in the fridge/freezer for the boys’ bfasts M-F. Will make it for next week!

Eden September 14, 2011 at 12:53 am

I was away too and just got home (sorry, its probably why I’m so behind on your blog lately). You don’t really know what you’ve got until your away from it. Glad to see you being social. I wish I was as social as you, but I’m just jet lagged and tired all day.

Mimi (Gingersnaps) September 14, 2011 at 1:03 am

Glad you’re home safe and sound!

That bread indeed looks delish! I would love to say I hang out at the Frothy Monkey. That is such an epic cafe name.

STUFT Mama September 14, 2011 at 1:41 am

Wow- you’ve been busy. :) So glad that you’re loving being back home. I’ve never been to Nashville, but your stops look amazing! Harvest Bread? Yes please! :) he he! I’m going to have to make some.

Jen {The Wholehearted Life} September 14, 2011 at 8:07 am

Awesomely busy Chucks! For as much as my husband and I love bluegrass and so many other genres of music, I can’t believe we haven’t been to Nashville….may need to rectify that someday soon! We have Drive by Truckers on our concert docket next :) .

Liz @ IHeartVegetables September 14, 2011 at 10:17 am

Aww what a fun date! It sounds like you guys had a good time :)

Jill September 14, 2011 at 11:02 am

Heather! You make my food look soooo pretty :-) I was sooo tempted to finish off the last four pieces of bread last night-instead I just settled for two and took the others for lunch today (I may or may not be waayyyy too excited for lunch). I think I actually might make some for my fave charge nurse-she has done so much for me that she deserves a loaf about every day that I work. I loved the rest of your tea, too-finished off the last of it this AM before work.

You guys are more than welcome for lunch anytime. Seriously! No sweat on the quinoa-I just enjoy playing Martha in “my” new kitchen :-)

HEAB September 14, 2011 at 1:42 pm

Jill,
Didn’t take much to make your food look pretty – you did a good job all yourself. LOVE that bread. Just ate 2 pieces of lunch and saving the last slice for later…trying to anyway. It’s calling my name from the counter right now! ;)

This is the tea I made. Best herbal tea ever! http://shop.goodearth.com/Good-Earth-Original-Sweet-and-Spicy-Herbal-Tea–Caffeine-Free/p/GET-304012&c=GoodEarth@OriginalTeas. For the iced version, I steeped 5 bags in 2 cups boiling water for 10 minutes and then added 4 cups cold water.

Thanks again for lunch – we’ll be back! :)

Caitlin @ Vegetarian in the City September 14, 2011 at 11:19 am

I absolutely love going for frozen yogurt! There are always a few trucks parked outside my office and it is a TRUE challenge not to get it every.single.day.

HEAB September 14, 2011 at 1:39 pm

Caitlin,
A frozen yogurt truck?!? Oh gosh, I’d be lined up at it everyday! ;)

Melissa B. September 14, 2011 at 11:21 am

That bread does look amazing! I can’t wait to see the HEAB-ified version of it :)

Scott in Ohio September 15, 2011 at 12:46 pm

Just wanted to echo Melissa B.’s request to see a HEAB-ified version of the bread. :-)

Lisa September 14, 2011 at 12:23 pm

i love your chucks and that bread looks amazing!!

Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers September 14, 2011 at 3:25 pm

I’m such a sucker for hearty bread. That looks wonderful.

PS – Nice chucks.

The Delicate Place September 14, 2011 at 6:36 pm

mmmm the tart fro yo at tutti frutti rocks my world. this place looks quite similar! although…heather. have you tried frozen kefir by lifeway?! omg. low in sugar, tart and easy on the tummy. i’m in love!

HEAB September 14, 2011 at 7:26 pm

DB,
NO!!! Why did I not know about frozen kefir?!? Off to google it and find some. I already know I’ll love it. LOVE tart fro-yo.

Ellie@fitforthesoul September 14, 2011 at 6:57 pm

Wooot! I looove chucks! How have I never heard of Chuck Taylor Tuesday?! haha. And omgnesss that Harvest Bread looks….amazing….I’m curious what it tastes like.

HEAB September 14, 2011 at 7:23 pm

Ellie – I don’t know. Do it every week, and make the Harvest Bread. Moist and sweet and full of fall flavors. It was delicious!

Kim September 14, 2011 at 8:47 pm

Ok, I want your shirt like now! SO cute! With homeschooling, I need cute clothes for our adventures out. Big Head Todd, see Fred and CD have another thing in common. Your next trip, you get the booch, I got the frozen Kefir covered a la Whole Paycheck!

meghan @ struggle muffins September 14, 2011 at 9:16 pm

Ummm hi, harvest bread? Really? That sounds/ looks too good to be true. It might draw me out of my baking drought, which is quite the feat. It just looks too yumtastic not to make.

Angel7 September 15, 2011 at 8:18 am

I will definitely have to make that bread! It looks sooo moist!

Maria (Maria Makes Muffins) September 15, 2011 at 9:57 pm

I have been wanting to make a bread just like this – thanks for sharing the recipe!

Casey Lorraine September 16, 2011 at 1:30 am

That bread looks amazing!! It looks moist and dense….YUM

Beth (Well I'll Be) September 16, 2011 at 12:39 pm

Welcome back! I love getting those Hatch Print posters from shows at the Ryman! Hope the show was great!

HEAB September 16, 2011 at 2:01 pm

Thanks Beth! Good to be back, and I know, I love the Hatch Show Print posters as well – still kicking myself for not buying one for the Patty Griffin show I saw at the Ryman – gosh, probably 6 or 7 years ago. Best concert ever. I kept looking on Ebay but eventually gave up. So, now if I go to a show and like the poster, I purchase immediately. Lesson learned! :)