BYOT

by HEAB on September 25, 2011

It was a busy weekend here in Nashville. I had a friend come in town to run the Women’s Half Marathon and look who I got to meet at the Expo.

Expo.psd

Michelle, one half of the amazing Pure2Raw twins.

Michelle was in town working with Jen, her sister, at the Raw Threads booth, Jen’s company. It was so great to finally meet in person as I think of the twins as good friends. Not only are they two of the nicest and most sincere bloggers I know, but they also create delicious delicacies for their company, Twin Cakes Bakery. Talk about a family of entrepreneurs! Michelle, I can’t wait to hang out again someday, but next time you must bring Lori with you!

Michelle was also kind enough to share some Twin Cakes Bakery goodies with me, and when we got home from the Expo, I threw a really random plate together for lunch…

TwinCakesLunch.psd

One of Sarena’s lentil burgers (Oh my gosh, have you tried this recipe?!? So simple and delicious. Thanks Sarena!), and the rest of my plate was filled with Twin Cakes food: Collard Sesame Flatbread, Plain Jane Crackers, and a Mint Chip Coconut Bite. I loved the combo of the lentil burger with the flatbread and crackers, and don’t even get me started on that little ball of mint flavored happiness. Seriously, like biting into a fluffy Andes Mint. Yum!

Kristen, my friend from out of town, then requested frozen yogurt, and I happily obliged.

TwinCakesYogurt.psd

Instead of loading up on toppings at Sweet CeCe’s, I brought my own. Thanks again Michelle! No one does carob quite like you and Lori. :)

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

Jen September 25, 2011 at 4:36 pm

Mint Chip Coconut Bite? That sounds awesome. Too awesome. I want one! And now I also want a bowl of mint chip ice cream. Thanks, Heather. I feel like whenever I read your blog, I end up craving something.

HEAB September 25, 2011 at 8:19 pm

Jen,
Then I consider my job as a food blogger done. ;)

Jen September 27, 2011 at 8:12 pm

Oh – job well done believe me. I made your maple oaties the other day. They were a hit…um, with me – they didn’t make it to anyone else ;)

Bid September 25, 2011 at 5:02 pm

Pretty top HEAB…

Savannah @ Sweet and Savvy September 25, 2011 at 5:19 pm

I love the Pure2Raw twins! :) Their goodies look amazing!

Hannah September 25, 2011 at 6:28 pm

What a beautiful top, Heather! And a beautiful trio of girls, of course. And a beautiful collection of eats, too. And I need a thesaurus. :P

HEAB September 25, 2011 at 8:19 pm

Thanks Hannah, and thank you for your sweet email. I read it but haven’t had a chance to respond. Soon, promise. :)

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga September 25, 2011 at 6:47 pm

Oh treats from Michelle and Lori…that sounds awesome.

But even better, time with Michelle. I would have loved to be there with you two ladies as well as Summer…one day, one day…we HAVE to meet up!

And what cute clothes. I am loving their Raw Threads line and have been pining away for a few items for awhile now.

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) September 25, 2011 at 7:51 pm

Looks like I need to get some of the Twins’ treats to enjoy with my lentil burgers! Sounds like you had a fun and delicious weekend!

HEAB September 25, 2011 at 8:17 pm

Sarena,
Both Summer and I loved the burgers! Oh, my friend Kristen did as well. In fact, I have another batch in the fridge ready to go in the oven tomorrow morning, and yes, you need some of the Twin Cakes goodies!

Pure2raw twins September 25, 2011 at 7:53 pm

so happy we got to meet too!!! love you and summer

and yes Lori will be there next time we are in your area

glad you liked everything :) xoxo

Sarah September 25, 2011 at 7:53 pm

We have a Sweet CeCe’s here too! I need to go try it since I see that they have non-dairy sorbets :)

HEAB September 25, 2011 at 8:16 pm

Sarah,
Ours usually has at least one non-dairy yogurt flavor on tap at all times. :)

The Delicate Place September 25, 2011 at 8:01 pm

i love your blouse heab and i just got a package from the twins too. the mint chip coconut bite was my absolute fave thing. i thought the truffles were amazing last xmas but my goodness the mint chip bites are out of this world. even nate was like what IS this and how do we get more hahaha!

HEAB September 25, 2011 at 8:15 pm

DP,
I agree. It was so light and refreshing with just the right amount of mint flavor. So good – wishing I had more as well. :)

Paige @ Running Around Normal September 25, 2011 at 8:07 pm

I love Sweet Cece’s!! They have the best cookies and cream froyo.

HEAB September 25, 2011 at 8:15 pm

Paige,
Yes! That was one of the three flavors that filled my cup. :)

Kelly @ Foodie Fiasco September 25, 2011 at 8:36 pm

Isn’t it so great to meet fellow bloggers in person? Someday! Anyway… wnjoy your week! ;)

P.S. Did you get my email?

HEAB September 25, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Kelly,
Yes, love blogger meet ups, especially when I feel like I already know the other blogger really well. :)

I did get your email and sorry I haven’t responded. I have been MIA from the World Wide Web this weekend, and my inbox is outta control!

LizAshlee September 25, 2011 at 8:37 pm

What a wonderful time!! So happy!:)

katie @KatieDid September 25, 2011 at 8:55 pm

I had self serve frozen yogurt for the first time today… can’t believe I’ve lived this long without! Looks like a really great meet up full of good friends and good people!

Kate September 25, 2011 at 9:22 pm

Cute picture I cant believe how grown up Summer looks, & the pure2raw goodies look delish!

tea-bagginit September 25, 2011 at 10:48 pm

i’m going to start bringing my own fruit to fro-yo places. i’m always disappointed by their soggy, thawed frozen selections!
ps – does summer eat the dehydrated crackers? they look great!

HEAB September 26, 2011 at 9:49 am

Tea-B,
The dehydrated crackers are really good. Haven’t given any to Summer yet. She doesn’t have teeth yet, and I’m weary of hard crunchy foods. Soon hopefully. :)

Jen {The Wholehearted Life} September 26, 2011 at 8:20 am

I can’t wait to try the lentil burgers! I’m always on the lookout for good veggie burger recipes and I have some lentils that have been feeling rather neglected lately. It’s a win/win, lol!

And those mint chip bites? Oh my. I may need to order some :) . Or try to make at home. Or both, lol!

Have a great week!

Ana September 26, 2011 at 12:24 pm

You girls look super nice and those burgers + crackers look delicious!!
I have been eating lots of lentils lately, absolutely love them!

HEAB September 26, 2011 at 2:45 pm

Ana,
I have been loving on lentils lately too. I baked another batch of Sarena’s lentil burgers this morning. So good! This time, I blended the cooked lentils together with rolled oats in my food processor before stirring in the remaining ingredients and then refrigerated the batter overnight. Delicious – love Sarena’s recipes!

Oh, and Happy Anniversary to you as well sweet friend. :)

tracey September 26, 2011 at 2:41 pm

I really enjoyed your anniversary post. I have a quick questions- what type of lentils did you use? :)

HEAB September 26, 2011 at 2:42 pm

Tracey,
For the burgers, I used green. :)

Caitlin @ Vegetarian in the City September 26, 2011 at 3:27 pm

that mint chocolate chip bite looks ridic. :)

i’m glad you had a nice weekend!

Kath (My Funny Little Life) September 26, 2011 at 5:27 pm

There’s nothing better than a weekend with friends. :)

Janknitz September 26, 2011 at 5:55 pm

BYOT–Bring Your Own Tot?

Sounds like a fun time!

HEAB September 26, 2011 at 6:35 pm

Janknitz,
T = Topping. :)

Alyssa September 26, 2011 at 6:29 pm

Summer’s getting pretty big! She’s lovely, just like her mom.

HEAB September 26, 2011 at 6:35 pm

Thanks Alyssa. :)

steph September 26, 2011 at 7:37 pm

what’s BYOT?? bring your own treats? btw very aable pic of you, summer, and michelle!

HEAB September 26, 2011 at 7:56 pm

Steph,
Bring Your Own Toppings – like I did to the fro-yo place. :)

steph September 27, 2011 at 5:35 am

Oh, now I see after rereading that part haha

steph September 26, 2011 at 7:37 pm

*adorable

Nikki @ Resistant Nikki September 26, 2011 at 7:38 pm

Mmm…that lunch is indeed a bit random, but everything in there looks very tasty. I have been all about all things shaped like a patty lately, so might have to give those a whirl this week!

HEAB September 26, 2011 at 7:57 pm

Nikki,
The lentil burgers are great. I made a 2nd batch today and blended the cooked lentils together with rolled oats in the food process before stirring in all the other ingredients and then refrigerated overnight. Baked this morning – delicious! :)

Michelle September 26, 2011 at 8:09 pm

Heather-
I love your blog. It’s a nice mix of light-hearted fun and thoughtful musings along with great food ideas. I have also found good stuff through your blogroll. Thanks for being there when I need a few minutes of R&R.

caroline September 26, 2011 at 8:25 pm

those pure 2 raw treat look good. do you think they are worth ordering some…because i would loooove to try them but are they pricy?? summer is really pretty, especially her hair and eyes!

HEAB September 26, 2011 at 8:38 pm

Caroline,
Everything I’ve tasted from Twin Cakes Bakery has been delicious. They use all organic and raw ingredients which are not cheap. Their products are expensive, yes, but reasonable for what you get in my opinion.

Erika - The Teenage Taste September 27, 2011 at 6:19 am

Mmmmm…fro-yo. <3

K October 2, 2011 at 9:56 pm

Summer is GORGEOUS (just like her mama…) :-)