My gift box included an OXO Egg beater, two POP Containers (which I’m obsessed with and promptly filled with coffee and oat bran), 2 Angled Measuring Cups, A Food Scale with Pull-Out Display, A Batter Bowl, and a Fine Zester/Grater.
My part of the deal: To create a blog post, sharing how I used my new OXO Egg Beater. However, I like a good challenge, and decided I would create a recipe using all products received. Mission accomplished…
The idea for the muffins hit me while I was pouring Quaker oat bran into the POP container and noticed a recipe for oat bran muffins on the back of the box. So, I decided on oat bran muffins, but with a HEAB twist…
Yield: 12 muffins
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk beverage
- 4 TBSP coconut flour
- 5 drops NuNaturals vanilla stevia or 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups oat bran, uncooked (160 grams)
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 TBSP coconut oil + more for greasing muffin tin
- 1/2 to 1 ounce dark chocolate, grated.
- Pre-Heat oven to 425℉.
- Grease muffin tin with coconut oil or line with paper baking cups.
- For coconut cream muffin filling: Whisk together 1/2 cup coconut milk, coconut flour, and NuNaturals vanilla drops together until thick and set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients and mix well.
- Combine 1 cup coconut milk, whisked egg whites, maple syrup and coconut oil. Slowly mix with dry ingredients until moistened.
- Fill muffin tins 1/2 full and add a dollop of coconut cream and grated chocolate to each muffin. Use remaining batter to fill muffin tins to 3/4 full.
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes.
- Allow to cool 15 minutes and then transfer to wire cooling rack.
Whisking the coconut cream, a life changing recipe from Sarena.
I used the Angled Measuring Cups, Batter Bowl, and Egg Beater again to combine the wet and dry ingredients.
The Zester/Grater worked great for the chocolate.
The muffins turned out great, perfectly moist and sweet, and I love the layer of coconut cream + dark chocolate hidden in the middle. Seriously thinking of throwing a girls brunch just so I can serve this recipe. Wanna come over?
Thanks OXO! Your Egg Beater is comfortable to use, efficient, and super easy to clean. It will get much use in my kitchen as will all the products you sent.