My gift box included an OXO Egg beater, two POP Containers (which I’m obsessed with and promptly filled with coffee and oat bran), 2 Angled Measuring Cups, A Food Scale with Pull-Out Display, A Batter Bowl, and a Fine Zester/Grater.
My part of the deal: To create a blog post, sharing how I used my new OXO Egg Beater. However, I like a good challenge, and decided I would create a recipe using all products received. Mission accomplished…
The idea for the muffins hit me while I was pouring Quaker oat bran into the POP container and noticed a recipe for oat bran muffins on the back of the box. So, I decided on oat bran muffins, but with a HEAB twist…
Yield: 12 muffins
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk beverage
- 4 TBSP coconut flour
- 5 drops NuNaturals vanilla stevia or 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups oat bran, uncooked (160 grams)
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 TBSP coconut oil + more for greasing muffin tin
- 1/2 to 1 ounce dark chocolate, grated.
- Pre-Heat oven to 425℉.
- Grease muffin tin with coconut oil or line with paper baking cups.
- For coconut cream muffin filling: Whisk together 1/2 cup coconut milk, coconut flour, and NuNaturals vanilla drops together until thick and set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients and mix well.
- Combine 1 cup coconut milk, whisked egg whites, maple syrup and coconut oil. Slowly mix with dry ingredients until moistened.
- Fill muffin tins 1/2 full and add a dollop of coconut cream and grated chocolate to each muffin. Use remaining batter to fill muffin tins to 3/4 full.
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes.
- Allow to cool 15 minutes and then transfer to wire cooling rack.
Whisking the coconut cream, a life changing recipe from Sarena.
I used the Angled Measuring Cups, Batter Bowl, and Egg Beater again to combine the wet and dry ingredients.
The Zester/Grater worked great for the chocolate.
The muffins turned out great, perfectly moist and sweet, and I love the layer of coconut cream + dark chocolate hidden in the middle. Seriously thinking of throwing a girls brunch just so I can serve this recipe. Wanna come over? 🙂
Thanks OXO! Your Egg Beater is comfortable to use, efficient, and super easy to clean. It will get much use in my kitchen as will all the products you sent.