A Nashville Halloween

by HEAB on November 1, 2011

Our neighbors go all out for Halloween, and we had so much fun wandering around, admiring all the decorations and costumes…

HalloweenPumpkins.psd

HalloweenFallLeaves.psd

My two favorite costumes of the evening: cutest little Jack-O-Lantern ever and a Stick of Butter…

HalloweenButter.psd

Hope all of you enjoyed your Halloween as much as we did.

ChuckTaylorHalloween.psd

Happy Chuck Taylor Tuesday!

the delicate place November 1, 2011 at 9:26 am

ahahha could have went as paula deen (she’s basically a stick of butter too lol). pink is a great color for you heab you look stunning!

HEAB November 2, 2011 at 8:27 pm

Thanks Melissa and Paula Dean…hilarious! Gotta remember that for next year.

Alex @ Spoonful of Sugar Free November 1, 2011 at 9:34 am

What a fun neighborhood!!! I wish I could live there :D Last year I moved to a neighborhood that is, well, older…..not as much trick-or-treating fun. Or pumpkin or haunted house fun.

Sarah @ See Sarah Eat November 1, 2011 at 9:49 am

Aww man, I wish our neighborhood was like that! So cool. Glad you had a Happy Halloween :)

Ana November 1, 2011 at 9:51 am

Your neighborhood is fun!! And Summer is the cutest!
I can’t believe she is going to turn 1 year old on nov 5, it seemed like we were talking about pregnancy and babies a month ago!
I have been meaning to send you an e-mail for so long, I will get to it. Oh, and I made the cocooatie muffins (soon after you posted the recipe) and we all loved it! We really liked the oat bran muffin base, so delicious, and Matheus more than anything liked the layer of chocolate inside. The muffin will be made again with choc chips pretty soon around here as I already got a request!
I am glad you all had a happy halloween!

Ana November 1, 2011 at 4:02 pm

Me again Heather, just to say congratulations! I saw that your Love-O-Lantern won the love grown foods contest.
I need to try their granola, everyone says it is really good!

HEAB November 2, 2011 at 8:26 pm

Thanks Ana, and yes, you need to try their granola. Trust me, I don’t just say it’s my favorite b/c I’m a Love Grown Blogger. It really is the best granola out there – the Cocoa flavored one is AMAZING!

So happy to hear the muffins were a hit, and no worries about that email. I’m in total birthday party planning mode and so busy these days. Not much time for email myself!

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday November 1, 2011 at 10:01 am

Are kids really trick-or-treating during daylight hours?

HEAB November 2, 2011 at 8:24 pm

Samantha,
Yes, the festivities begin at 5 so that the little ones can participate. Good thing too, b/c Summer is usually fast asleep about 10 minutes after 6 PM.

Alyssa November 1, 2011 at 10:15 am

So cute!!!!!
(Have I mentioned that my daughter’s birthday is the day after Summer’s? She’ll be 8, which I simply cannot comprehend. How do I have an 8 year-old and a 10 year-old when I haven’t aged a day? {Yeah, right, lol!})

BTW, my husband just got me a pair of blue Chuck Taylors!!!!!!! (His coworker’s son bought them and can’t wear them, but they fit me perfectly.) I think of you every time I wear them. :)

HEAB November 2, 2011 at 8:23 pm

Alyssa,
I think you have told me that your daughter’s birthday is the day after Summer’s. Are you guys planning a b-day party for the weekend. I’ve been reconnecting with my crafty self and staying up late making decorations. So fun – I need a crafting corner…or whole room. Ha, I have tissue paper and hot glue everywhere! :)

Love that you think of me when you were your Chucks. That makes me so happy. I need to find a mini pair for Summer!

HEAB November 2, 2011 at 8:23 pm

Oops, meant “wear” your Chucks. Not doing so hot with spellcheck tonight.

Tabitha November 1, 2011 at 10:34 am

That looks such fun! There’s barely been a sign of Hallowe’een here, it just isn’t celebrated the same way, my doorbell didn’t ring once last night.

cate November 1, 2011 at 10:48 am

CD dressed up as butter? I knew you guys were the coolest couple ever.

HEAB November 2, 2011 at 8:20 pm

Cate,
No, it was some random girl we didn’t know dressed up as the stick of butter. CD was jealous! ;)

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) November 1, 2011 at 10:51 am

I love this! What a great way to spend Halloween! Your neighborhood really knows how to do things! I’m going to email you in a bit about the muffin tops.

Health Bee November 1, 2011 at 11:00 am

What a great neighborhood. Love the photos, especially the one with Summer and her adorable costume.

katie @KatieDid November 1, 2011 at 11:59 am

Was CD the butter?!? Love it!
Summer…. TOO cute omg!

HEAB November 2, 2011 at 8:19 pm

Katie,
No, but CD was quite envious of the Butter’s girl costume. ;)

HEAB November 2, 2011 at 8:19 pm

Oops, meant “girl’s Butter costume”!

Felicia November 1, 2011 at 12:10 pm

That sounds so fun! My neighborhood is lame. Maybe because I live in the boondocks.. haha
Summer is the cutest !! She is getting so big. What a beautiful girl!

kathleen @ the daily crumb November 1, 2011 at 12:25 pm

oh my gosh that stick of butter is amazing! i mean, no one/thing holds a candle next to summer in the cuteness department, but a creative costume nonetheless :)

Anna @ On Anna's Plate November 1, 2011 at 12:49 pm

You and Summer both look great :-)

kalli November 1, 2011 at 1:04 pm

oh my goodness this looks so fun and festive! plus the foliage is just to die for. glad you had a beautiful day!

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga November 1, 2011 at 1:14 pm

Heather, your photos are gorgeous! So glad you all enjoyed Halloween. You and Summer look awesome. We had a nice time here. Posted pics and it’s fun to see how much they grow from year to year. Summer is getting so big, too!

Your pics put me in the Halloween mood…I love that big orange-leafed tree photo.

Caitlin @ Vegetarian in the City November 1, 2011 at 1:33 pm

ahhh too cute!

Thanks for sharing the gorgeous pics. I love the fall red :)

Erica November 1, 2011 at 2:16 pm

Its HUGEEEEEEE here too! Our neighbors all go nuts. We had a blast last night. Your daughter- ah! So cute :) . My favorite costume I saw was Steve Jobs

Fran@ Broken Cookies Don't Count November 1, 2011 at 2:19 pm

Summer looks so cute! Looks like you had a really good time!

katie November 1, 2011 at 2:26 pm

She made SUCH a cute pumpkin!!! So sweet!

Love your sweater too : )

Glad you guys had a great halloween!

Oh and the stick of butter, ha! Love it!

Emmy (Wine and Butter) November 1, 2011 at 3:18 pm

I LOVE the butter – obviously! You also look so amazingly gorgeous in the pink with summer – seriously supermodel!
We dont really celebrate Halloween here in the UK, BUT I have managed to demolish a considerable amount of white chocolate -I’m wondering what happened to that ‘ I dont eat sugar during the week resolution…’?!

HEAB November 2, 2011 at 8:18 pm

Emmy,
I was in London once for Halloween. My friends and I dressed up and walked around smiling at other Americans who got dressed up as well. I think we ended up at TGI Fridays in Piccadilly Circus. Good times. :)

Pamela | Girl Gone West November 1, 2011 at 3:43 pm

Heather! That’s my neighborhood! Do you live there??? My mom still does!

Growing up, it was the hands-down absolute BEST neighborhood for Halloween, OMG. Great memories. So glad you and Summer are making your own. :)

HEAB November 2, 2011 at 8:13 pm

Pamela,
Really? Small world! I’ll email you about where we live exactly. :)

Lou November 1, 2011 at 5:21 pm

That looks like AWESOME fun! Oh I am so envious of Halloween celebrations… one day I will make it over to the US for October 31 :) Cutest little pumpkin ever, could just gobble her right up :)

Hannah November 1, 2011 at 5:26 pm

But where does it say “Kerrygold”?!

Summer is the sweetest thing. :)

HEAB November 2, 2011 at 8:12 pm

Hannah,
Haha – you are so right. The Butter was some random girl we met on the street. Apparently, she is not schooled in the ways of Irish butter. ;)

dawn November 1, 2011 at 5:46 pm

ooh. love this family. love that pumpkin!

HEAB November 2, 2011 at 8:11 pm

Hi Dawn. I love her too. :)

Katherine November 1, 2011 at 6:13 pm

Oh heather! I used to live in your neighborhood, but moved to Atlanta over the summer. I really miss it..especially this time of the year!!

HEAB November 2, 2011 at 8:11 pm

Katherine,
Oh gosh, I bet. It’s an amazing neighborhood, but there are some really cool spots in Atlanta too. I have a friend that just moved down there, and they’re living in Candler Park. Can’t wait to visit. Love that area!

Mary @ Bites and Bliss November 1, 2011 at 6:17 pm

Ahhh it makes me miss Tennessee so much!

Courtney (greeneyedrunner) November 1, 2011 at 6:31 pm

Summer takes my breath away…ahhh so cute!

HEAB November 2, 2011 at 8:09 pm

Thanks Courtney. Mine too. :)

Syndie November 1, 2011 at 6:44 pm

Love your neighborhood. Summer is an adorable pumpkin!!

HEAB November 2, 2011 at 8:09 pm

Thanks Syndie!

Meagan November 1, 2011 at 6:56 pm

That butter costume IS SUCH a good idea!! Your neighborhood sounds so divine! What a blessing to be around such fun people! Summer will have some solid playmates when she gets older. Great costume too btw ;)

HEAB November 2, 2011 at 8:09 pm

Meagan,
We hope so – I would love for Summer to grow up playing outside like both CD and I did.

Kristin @ STUFT Mama November 1, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Okay I always want to come to Nashville after reading your posts, but now I really want to come out there. So fun Heather! YOur little jack-o-latern is the cutest!

HEAB November 2, 2011 at 8:08 pm

Stuft,
Kristin, get your booty to Nashville! :)

Cherie November 1, 2011 at 9:03 pm

Glad to see you guys had such a fun Halloween! Summer looks adorable and you look great too!

Julie November 2, 2011 at 12:06 am

Hi Heather,
You look so PRETTY in the pic with Summer. You guys are adorable with the stick of butter. I haven’t commented in a while, but I wanted to mention that I have started a new business that I think might be of interest to your readers with small children. The website is http://www.nannyintheclouds.com It matches moms/dads and their kids with nannies on flights. Flying with kiddies can be challenging and I am hoping this new site will change that for parents everywhere! Let me know if you’d like more info and I will email you my press release. Thanks so much and I am still enjoying your writing every week when I check in….

Julie

HEAB November 2, 2011 at 8:07 pm

Julie,
Best of luck with your new company – great idea!

Ameena November 2, 2011 at 10:49 am

This looks like a spread from one of my mom’s beloved Sunset magazines. Beautiful! And so is Summer.

Halley (Blunder Construction) November 2, 2011 at 11:50 am

I know you post pictures of Summer frequently on the blog, but MY how she’s growing! I didn’t recognize her in the pumpkin costume (except for the fact that she’s slung on your hip which led me to believe it was her)

HEAB November 2, 2011 at 8:05 pm

Halley,
Yep, that’s her. My little pumpkin is not so little anymore. ;)

Jen November 2, 2011 at 2:46 pm

Love it! All of it. What great costumes – who came up with the butter idea

You live in a GORGEOUS neighborhood. What a beautiful time of year there.

HEAB November 2, 2011 at 8:04 pm

Jen,
Thank you, and the Butter costume wasn’t CD’s. Some random girl in our neighborhood.

Jen November 2, 2011 at 8:45 pm

Oops! LOL – I thought it was CD for some reason…makes sense since your not dressed up either ;)

Christin@purplebirdblog November 2, 2011 at 4:05 pm

BUTTERRRR!

Mel @ MelRuns November 2, 2011 at 10:47 pm

Summer is getting so big!! You look very happy in that last photo next to the buttah :) I would’ve been too. If only there was a grilled cheese sandwich costume around town…

HEAB November 3, 2011 at 10:02 am

Mel,
Haha, love it. We definitely have the same tastes in food. So in love with butter and cheese these days!

Lauryn November 3, 2011 at 2:46 am

Love your site! So cute. We have similar interests :) .