Unicorns & Rainbows

by HEAB on November 8, 2011

Life really can be all unicorns and rainbows. You just have to know where to look.

For the rainbows, we go to our closet where fun sparkly things live…

SparklyChucks4.psd

Summer would like think her aunt and uncle for her new shoes. She loves them!

As far as the unicorns go, we haven’t had much luck finding any, and now I know why…

201111080626.jpg

Source

Good to know they’re out there…or were at least.

That’s all I’ve got for today. Hope you’re smiling. :)

Oh, one more thing. Please click here to see the winner of The Fab Uplift Detox Program, and if you didn’t win, you can click here to enter over at Alisa Cooks. Her giveaway will be open through Thursday, November 10.

Happy Chuck Taylor Tuesday!

Victoria (District Chocoholic) November 8, 2011 at 8:09 am

Haha, that little note is so funny. It made me smile :) .

Julia November 8, 2011 at 8:46 am

Those tiny sparkly shoes might be the cutest thing I’ve seen all week!

Rose November 8, 2011 at 8:59 am

Totally in love with those little shoes. I wish my feet were 6 sizes smaller.

Emily November 8, 2011 at 9:01 am

Summer’s little shoes are so cute! Love the little note:)

Meg November 8, 2011 at 9:17 am

Those shoes made my morning. Adorable. Always smiling :D

Love!

Melomeals: Vegan for $3.33 a Day November 8, 2011 at 9:50 am

That is so cute! My nieces and I all have Pink Hi-Top Chuckies.. and we love wearing them out together. (they are 3 and 5)

HEAB November 8, 2011 at 8:00 pm

Mel,
That is great – love that. :)

ilovefetacheese November 8, 2011 at 10:14 am

I love that card!

Kelly @ Foodie Fiasco November 8, 2011 at 10:36 am

Oh, I’m smiling. Unicorns, rainbow, and Heather? I’m in.

kathleen @ the daily crumb November 8, 2011 at 10:38 am

those shoes are quite possibly the most precious thing i have ever seen. talk about a little princess! i’m with summer — love all things sparkly :)

thanks for making me smile.

steph November 8, 2011 at 11:06 am

Bahhhhh!that picture is adorable

Alyssa November 8, 2011 at 11:08 am

Oh, the cute little sparkly feet!!!!!
Poor unicorns! They never were good with schedules…
Getting ready to lace up my chuck taylors and take the kids to school. Have a great day!

caronae November 8, 2011 at 11:10 am

This is officially my favorite post ever. Life CAN be rainbows and unicorns. Thanks for the reminder!

Bobbi McCormick November 8, 2011 at 11:24 am

amen sista! Love this :)

Lara November 8, 2011 at 11:36 am

Unicorns are kind of an inside joke/special sister symbol with me and my sisters, so you and Summer aren’t alone in your search for them ;)

Health Bee November 8, 2011 at 11:42 am

Love Summer’s little shoe. So adorable.

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) November 8, 2011 at 12:27 pm

Love the shoes! I had pink high top Chuck’s when I was a kid and I LOVED them! I was also a collector of all things unicorn. There is a dreamer in me and I swear they exist!

HEAB November 8, 2011 at 7:59 pm

Sarena, they are out there somewhere. Don’t give up the dream. :)

Caitlin @ Vegetarian in the City November 8, 2011 at 1:14 pm

eee those are such cute little shoes! ( i actually typed shoesies at first haha)

Kaitlin November 8, 2011 at 1:23 pm

Have you considered a particular style your daughter will wear as she grows up? Many parents in the last few years seem to adopt specific fashion sense for their children (bohemian, chic, preppy and others).

On an unrelated note, I tried the recipe for the single-serving microwave muffin. It tasted terrible!
I used 3 Full tablespoons of quinoa flour (30 g), 1/8 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp vanill extract, 2.5 tablespoons of water (since it was incredibly dry), and 1 TB butternut squash baby food. I microwaved for 1.5 mins and ate a bit and did not like. I microwaved it again and again until it got rock hard really.

Of course I ate it anyway (because I’m completely stubborn and once I take one bite out of anything, I must finish the entire thing, it doesn’t matter how bad it tastes). I just dumped it in a huge tub of yogurt.

But what was my error?

HEAB November 8, 2011 at 7:58 pm

Kaitlin,
Haven’t really thought about a style for Summer. My parents never dictated what I would wear, and I’m not planning on telling Summer what to wear either. For the most party, I’m thinking I’ll just let her wear whatever she wants.

As far as the muffin goes, sorry it turned out so dry. Nuking it over and over does not help. If you try it again, use more baby food and less flour and throw in an egg or 2 egg whites. Hope this helps!

Kiran @ KiranTarun.com November 8, 2011 at 1:26 pm

How cute are those shoes?!

Just returned from a long break and now Summer is already 1 year old?!? Time surely flies :D

HEAB November 8, 2011 at 7:53 pm

Kiran,
Yes! Can’t believe it myself. Welcome back by the way. :)

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List November 8, 2011 at 2:14 pm

Happy tuesday to you as well!!

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga November 8, 2011 at 2:15 pm

I love her new shoes, too!

And those pants…if they are from Target, I just bought Skylar those about 10 days ago! And she has a long sleeve purple tshirt that goes with them. Love target for their $5 per items finds. If only they made Skylar’s clothes in my size…I’d be happy :) Comfy and cheap is key. lol

HEAB November 8, 2011 at 7:52 pm

Averie,
Yes, I think so. My mom got her the pants and the purple shirt – shirt has a big star on it. They’re the Circo brand, and so I’m assuming Target. Love baby clothes at Target. Old Navy is my favorite, but Target is easier on the budget for mom and baby alike. :)

Rachel Edwards November 8, 2011 at 2:28 pm

Oh no! That unicorn letter makes me kinda sad – silly unicorns hehe x

Lou November 8, 2011 at 4:46 pm

cute. so stinkin’ cute.

Christin@purplebirdblog November 8, 2011 at 5:18 pm

I can’t help but smile at the sparkles… love her shoes!

The Delicate Place November 8, 2011 at 7:57 pm

haha i love chuck taylor tuesdays :) sometimes a girl just needs a little sparkle :)

~Christy @ wonderofallthings November 8, 2011 at 10:41 pm

OMG! That card (and the shoes!!) is so unbelievably awesome! Thanks for the laugh :)

Michaela November 8, 2011 at 11:00 pm

love that note!
and Summer´s shoes!

Hannah November 9, 2011 at 12:41 am

Oh, thank you. That card made my day, and I needed the smile :)

Marty November 9, 2011 at 5:38 am

Dang – I didn’t win! I tried at Alisa Cooks tho!

lOVE, LOVE, loVe Summer’s Chuck Taylor’s! Purple, purple, purple and sparkly! That note is sooooooo cute, cute, cute! Some people are so darn cleaver!

How did the birthday Girl like her cupcakes? xoxo

Marty November 9, 2011 at 5:41 am

Didn’t the Unicorns miss the boat because they were flying ahead to mark the way?

HEAB November 9, 2011 at 7:45 am

Marty,
Yes, of course! :)

Summer loved her cupcake. Hope to share pics soon!

Ana November 9, 2011 at 1:33 pm

How can you not smile after reading this post? And those shoes are so cute, love it!

tracey November 9, 2011 at 1:34 pm

Happy Belated Birthday to Summer! Love those shoes! I want to get them for Evelyn! Do you know where auntie and uncle got them? The only thing is she is obsessed with the strings on her current shoes, so I don’t know how long they would stay on! I hope you enjoyed your month off, we all missed you, but I totally get it! I just started a blog, but my expectations are just to get a few posts up a week and maybe become a little more savvy with photography!

HEAB November 10, 2011 at 2:23 pm

Hi Tracey – best of luck with your blog. Love the concept of it…you’ve invested in some unsweetened chocolate, right? ;)

I believe the shoes came from Target. They’re not actually made by Converse – just knock offs, but so cute. :)

Erika - The Teenage Taste November 9, 2011 at 5:06 pm

HAHAHA! Love that note!

Nana November 9, 2011 at 5:58 pm

you are hilarious Heather! And Summer’s foot (and shoe) is adorable :)

HEAB November 10, 2011 at 2:21 pm