I can’t believe Thanksgiving is a week from today. Next week, I’m sure we’ll all get bombarded with Why I’m Thankful type posts, and so I’m going to write one today because I like to be first.
Why I am thankful today…
- Coffee – we have a teething toddler in the house. ‘Nuff said.
- Sunshine – it’s cold but sunny and dry. That past few days have been filled with rain, rain, rain, and my body was in major need of some vitamin D.
- A husband who gets up with said teething toddler at 5:30 AM and plays with her until it’s time for breakfast, which he then fixes and feeds her so that mama can sleep in until 7 AM on occasion. Thanks CD!
- My mom, who is willing to get down on the floor and play with her granddaughter for hours. Thanks Nonna!
- Love Grown Foods granola – the ultimate snack after middle-of-the-night cuddle sessions with a teething toddler…well, at least I try to cuddle. Teething toddler would rather laugh and play…at 1 AM…perhaps we should call Nonna.
The above image looks nothing like my 1 AM mugs of granola…picture a few handfuls of granola eaten straight from bag with a few more added to a mug of unsweetened coconut milk. So good nuked in the micro for 30 seconds by the way.
- Nonna’s vegetable beef soup that she makes in a huge pot and always puts some aside for our little family Nothing but veggies and beef simmered on the stove-top for hours. So simple, but I know it would never taste as good if I made it myself.
- An empty laundry basket. There are two reasons I am thankful for this: 1) The laundry is done. 2) Summer loved scooting it all over our downstairs while I ate lunch…which also makes me very thankful for our hardwood floors.
- Leftovers atop a bowl of cooked spinach with tortilla chips, sour cream, and salsa for lunch…got about 3/4 of the way through this before the laundry basket game got old. 😉
That would be the last of my Marmite Baked Beans and a few spoonfuls of Sarena’s lentil burger batter. I rarely bake it into burgers anymore as Summer loves the batter, and it makes a great chip dip for me.
- A peacefully sleeping toddler…nap time is a beautiful thing.
A quick shout-out to Laura & Matt. So nice to meet you both yesterday and best wishes for an amazing, safe, and blessed trip to Africa!