Book Signings & Birthdays

by HEAB on November 20, 2011

It’s been a busy but fun weekend. Yesterday, we attended my Aunt Vickey’s book signing at our local library. Last year, she published her first book, Pescadero Creek, and if you’re looking for a good romantic thriller, please check out her book. It’s the first in a series, and Undercover, the 2nd book in the series, is due to be released in a couple of weeks.

Pescadero Creek Cover.jpg

BookSigning4.psd

So proud of you Aunt Vickey!

From the book signing, we drove straight to Summer’s friend’s first birthday party, and by the time we got home last night, we were all ready for an early dinner and bed!

And today, November 20, we celebrate all that is Radley.

201111200918.jpg

Our little pup turns 4. I can’t believe it!

I’m hoping to make her an oatie birthday cake later today, but she already received her birthday present. After Summer was born, and I was able to sleep on my stomach again, I quickly ditched the pregnancy pillow…until CD discovered that cuddling up next to it makes Sunday afternoon football a much more pleasant experience. Funny thing is any time he gets up from the couch and leaves the pillow out, we always find Radley curled up next to it. So, for her birthday, I went to Target and bought her a body pillow. This morning, I put the pillow on her doggie bed and a little while later, this is what we find…

Radley'sBirthdayPillow.psd

That would be our other dog Einstein, curled up next to Radley’s new pillow. Guess I know what I’m getting Einey for Christmas now…although technically it will be a Hanukkah gift since Einstein is Jewish.

Hope all of you are having a good weekend. It’s raining outside, and I think it’s time I bust out the yoga mat. My body is in need of a good stretch.

Happy Sunday!

Jennie (the gf-gf) November 20, 2011 at 10:54 am

So sweet :-) my cat has a similar quirk – she has a little cat sized pillow, but more often I find her cuddled up on my clean, neatly folded laundry. At least she’s cute.

Hope you enjoy your yoga! I should do the same … my body’s been craving some bow pose!

The Delicate Place November 20, 2011 at 11:19 am

what a talented family! i love that your dog is ‘jewish’ haha. i did a 20min ‘zen in your den’ session yesterday my god was it needed after some bodyrock ‘ninja jump tucks’ i did on thursday morning. i must be getting old?!

HEAB November 21, 2011 at 5:09 pm

Melissa,
No, you’re not old…I wouldn’t be able to even walk the day after Ninja Jump Tucks, much less do any sort of yoga. ;)

tea-bag November 20, 2011 at 11:33 am

i always call those body-pillows, “boyfriend pillows” – they’re just so darn comforting! i wish they were heated, though … like a warm body in a cold bed! :)

HEAB November 21, 2011 at 5:08 pm

tea-bag,
Oh my gosh, I’d die. Sounds like my idea of heaven as I love all sources of artificial heat! :)

Jessica Ann November 20, 2011 at 11:44 am

My dog is Jamaican. When I leave for work she is asleep in her little bed curled up and happy as can be, but when my flatmate comes in to walk her she is ALWAYS on my bed. She is so cheeky.

HEAB November 21, 2011 at 5:08 pm

Jessica Ann,
Your dog sounds a lot like Radley – a total opportunist. ;)

kathleen @ the daily crumb November 20, 2011 at 11:48 am

such a cute picture of radley :) our older dog is almost 4 also, i can’t believe how quickly the time has gone by!

HEAB November 21, 2011 at 5:07 pm

Kathleen,
I know – it’s scary how fast time is flying by. Summer will be 4 before we know it. Can’t even think about it! Happy (early) birthday to your pup. :)

Health Bee November 20, 2011 at 12:22 pm

Happy Sunday, Heather. And a big happy birthday hug to Radley!

lindsay November 20, 2011 at 1:01 pm

That is a lot of work to write a book! I would be very proud too! Cheers to a celebrating weekend.

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga November 20, 2011 at 3:10 pm

That’s amazing that she wrote a book and that it’s published and you went to her signing. Very cool! Congrats to her and I know you’ve spoke so fondly of her in the past…I am happy for her :)

Alyssa November 20, 2011 at 3:43 pm

Happy birthday Radley! (And Happy Almost-Hanukkah to Einstein; it starts a month from today!) :)

I’ve gotta check out that book!

Erica November 20, 2011 at 4:35 pm

SO cool that your Aunt is a published author! Props to her. And the puppy gifts totally crack me up :) . Frank is a pillow monster, I should probably get him a body pillow!

Stephanie November 20, 2011 at 11:54 pm

Einstein is Jewish. AWESOME.

Heather, you’re great. :D

Mel @ MelRuns November 21, 2011 at 9:08 am

Haha Einstein is Jewish. That one made me smile. Have a great week Heather!

Caitlin @ Vegetarian in the City November 21, 2011 at 9:57 am

Hilarious haha. I love that Einstein celebrates Hanukkah :)
I’m glad you had a nice weekend!

Aunt Vickey November 21, 2011 at 10:32 am

Thanks Heather for mentioning Pescadero Creek and thanks for coming Saturday! If anyone hits the like button on my Pescadero Creek Series page on facebook, they could win the cap or the tote sitting on the table in the picture! Thanks again! love you and squeeze Summer for me!

HEAB November 21, 2011 at 5:06 pm

Aunt Vickey,
Of course. So proud of you! :)

Kim @ Spoonful of Sass November 21, 2011 at 12:41 pm

Pets are such a funny addition to the family! Every time I turn around my cats are finding new things to call their “beds”…a desk chair, my purse, in the closest, or on a book shelf! I’ve given up on real cat beds because they prefer to make their own! :)

Sarah @ See Sarah Eat November 21, 2011 at 1:03 pm

Haha, dogs are so funny!

Christin@purplebirdblog November 21, 2011 at 1:18 pm

“although technically it will be a Hanukkah gift since Einstein is Jewish” I totally lol’d. :)

Janknitz November 21, 2011 at 5:10 pm

Radley looks a lot like our rescue dog, Jazzmine. We’ve been trying to figure out what breed her ears come from–they are the same size and shape as Radley’s. Any idea???

Jazzmine is NOT allowed on the couch. But does that stop her, NOOOOO!!! And she always has to have a pillow to rest her head. LOL! They are so funny!