I’ve discovered the perfect use for donut holes…
Fill them with ice-cream!
For the chocolate cake donuts, I followed Lou’s chocolate banana birthday cake recipe. So easy, and it made 7 yummy donuts. They taste taste like dark chocolate banana bread cake. Thanks Lou! If you would like to try Lou’s recipe in donut form, I baked mine in a 350℉ for about 12 minutes. Now onto the ice-cream…
I know I just posted about the fact that I hate being cold, but that never stops me from eating ice-cream, and the other day I was scoping out the pints of coconut milk and kefir ice-cream at my local grocery store. $7.00 for a pint of ice-cream?!? I just couldn’t do it. So when I arrived home, I made the following…
- 2 cans full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup. Use 1/2 a cup if you like your ice-cream on the sweeter side.
- 1 TBSP tapioca starch (Ups the creamy factor. You can also use arrowroot powder or cornstarch)
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- few pinches of salt
- Blend all ingredients together.
- Add mixture to ice-cream maker and process according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Perfect donut hole filler I tell ya!