Gift Giving Ideas

by HEAB on December 6, 2011

1. Donate to a friend’s favorite charity in his or her honor. The charity will then send notification to your friend.

2. For all the ladies out there, how about Goddess Leonie’s 2012 Workbook Planner & Calendar?

201112061244.jpg

3. Check out the following cool gift…

HeabChocoOatGrahams2.psd

Cookie mix plus 3 mix-ins of your choice from The Mason Jar Cookie Company.

I received a free sample from the company, but I’m mailing it to a friend. So, although I didn’t get to actually taste my cookie mix, I absolutely loved the presentation.

ChocoOatGrahams.psd

HEAB’s Choco Oat Grahams contain the oatmeal cookie base with dark chocolate chips, graham crackers, and pecans. So fun! The jar comes with directions for baking the cookies (the recipient will need to add milk, eggs, butter, and vanilla) along with nutrition facts for each cookie. You can use the code TENOFF for 10% off your order, and the offer is good through January 31, 2012. Click here to start mixing!

4. Oaties – always a hit!

201112061254.jpg

5. Turn a friend’s favorite photo into a canvas print, DIY style. Super easy!

Screen shot 2011-12-06 at 12.58.22 PM.png

6. Fill a jar with Love Grown Foods Granola & tie with ribbon and a little personal note. Voila, an easy and very tasty gift. You could make your own granola, but honestly, Love Grown Foods is much better than any homemade granola I’ve ever made.

LoveGrownFoodsChristmasGift2.psd

To make it a little more special, attach a personalized spoon from this artist on Etsy.

LoveGranolaChristmasGift.psd

For more ideas, you can click here to see my gift idea board on Pinterest.

Happy Holidays!

katie @KatieDid December 6, 2011 at 2:44 pm

So ever since you posted about turning a print into a canvas I’ve always had it in the back of my mind as a DIY I wanted to try. Well this past weekend we had a big friend’s secret santa swap and I had taken a nice photo of my roommate’s dog. So I turned it into a canvas for her, and she shed a few tears when she opened it= success! So yes, that was a great gift idea, thanks :) And I loveee the mason cookie jar idea and the spoon idea too- so cute!

HEAB December 7, 2011 at 2:44 pm

Katie,
Oh, that makes me so happy. What a thoughtful gift, and I’m glad your friend liked it. Thanks for sharing! :)

Felicia December 6, 2011 at 2:45 pm

Oaties are THE family favorite around here. All readers need to know this. And make them. Now.

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga December 6, 2011 at 3:08 pm

I love all your ideas and that’s so sweet you’re giving away your cookie mix. I love the presentation, too.

And the spoon…so cute! I was *just*commenting to someone else about her antique spoon. And I have a set of spoons/measuring cups I have my eye on…but loving that Etsy one of yours. Wonderful to support artisians/artists like that and their work when possible!

Pinterest board? Off to check it out. Pinterest is my #1 timesuck…I love it :)

Rose @ Bind & CrEATe December 6, 2011 at 3:13 pm

All very good and crafty ideas! Thanks, HEAB.

Health Bee December 6, 2011 at 3:28 pm

Great ideas! I absolutely love them, especially the cookie mix idea.

Rebekah December 6, 2011 at 3:35 pm

I tried to make your oaties – since I’m breastfeeding and trying to increase my supply – they didn’t turn out nearly as good looking as the ones you’ve made! Though, I’ve never claimed to be that good of a cook.

HEAB December 7, 2011 at 2:45 pm

Rebekah,
Oh no. I’m so sorry the Oaties didn’t turn out very pretty, but more importantly, how did they taste??? ;)

Rebekah December 8, 2011 at 10:47 am

I don’t think I made them right – I didn’t love them, but I did fudge a bit on the recipe since going to the store these days is a feat. :) I’ll have to try them again and follow your recipe exactly.

HEAB December 8, 2011 at 12:54 pm

Rebekah,
Yes, try again, and I hope they work for you! So awesome you’re breastfeeding. Keep up the good work mama. :)

kathleen @ the daily crumb December 6, 2011 at 4:50 pm

i really love #1 on this list! such a great idea. and i’ll always love oaties :)

Lou December 6, 2011 at 5:23 pm

very very cool ideas HEABie…. how cute is the presentation for the Mason Jar Cookies? Great style. I love making gifts for people – I always make random stuff but it is so nice to create something with a specific special person in mind. Oh love those personalised spoons, cutie cutie. I dig the charity donation too, I think we are going to ask people to do that instead of wedding gifts… just shoot some dosh to our favourite charities instead – there’s always lots we want, but we don’t NEED anything like a lot of people in the world.

HEAB December 7, 2011 at 2:50 pm

Lou, I think that is a great idea. When are you getting married? So exciting! :)

Lou December 7, 2011 at 2:58 pm

August 2012… yeah kinda exciting – I hate being the centre of attention so it will be a challenge doing the whole “bride” thing :)

Melissa December 6, 2011 at 6:02 pm

I discovered your blog for the first time today. Love it. I have to say that after some reading that I think you and I might be long-lost soul sisters.

First, I FRIGGIN LOVE ALMOND BUTTER! :D

Next, I, too, love yoga in much the same way you described in your “Confessions …” post. I will be pursuing my teacher training in the coming year.

Also, I have struggled with weight most of my life and have gone through a myriad of ways of eating to finally figure out what works for me. At almost 40 I think I have finally figured it out! I am a gluten-free vegan (as I have a dairy and egg allergy as well as a gluten intolerance – pre-celiac).

I about fell out of my chair when reading your Baby Salmon Cakes post where you reference that scene from Knotting Hill as it is one of my favorite since I WAS pregnant at the time and it remains a special movie for me!

I live in the mountains of Colorado. And I see you plan to move here?

Great blog … thanks for your work on it. I look forward to continued reading.

Marty December 7, 2011 at 4:23 am

Where in CO do you live? I have family in Glennwood Springs and Boulder, love Co! Would move there in a heart beat if I could.

Melissa December 7, 2011 at 2:34 pm

I live at 10,000 feet about 40 miles west of Denver. About 10 miles from Winter Park.

Melissa December 7, 2011 at 2:35 pm

I mean about 60 miles from downtown Denver. My bad! My commute is 40 miles.

HEAB December 7, 2011 at 2:55 pm

Hi Melissa,
So happy you discovered my blog and thanks for reading. Sounds like we are kindred spirits. Mmm, almond butter AND yoga – 2 of my favorite things in life! :)

I’m also happy to hear that you have found a way of eating that works for you. So many people try and just emulate others when it comes to eating, but we are all different, and I think it’s so important to eat that way that vibes with your body. So, kudos to you for figuring out what you need.

Yes, we love Colorado, and used to spend our summers out there pre-baby. A bit too far of a drive for us now, but we still talk about moving there some day. In fact, we were just looking on the Internet at houses for sale in Evergreen the other day. Dreaming. :)

Again, thanks for reading and take care,
Much love,
Heather

Melissa December 7, 2011 at 4:03 pm

I do my weekly grocery shopping in Evergreen as they have a great store which stocks everything I can eat and all organic produce for a great price, Vitamin Cottage. Evergreen is beautiful and really convenient to get to Denver. I work in west Denver … my husband works at a local ski resort as I did when we first moved up here in 2004. We have 2 girls who are both a continual joy and who both love to ski thankfully.

LOTS of great yoga in Colorado! And so easy to be healthy and fit … so many options year-round.

I look forward to reading your blog. Take care.

lindsay December 6, 2011 at 6:14 pm

those are my favorite kind of gifts. the homemade ones. Madon jar company is brillant, and pair that with LOVE GROWN and you got it made. :)

Samantha December 6, 2011 at 6:48 pm

Any of those gifts would be great to receive!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) December 6, 2011 at 7:52 pm

I love thoughtful homemade gifts! Tony and I used to work so hard with him making labels and us customizing everyones’ baskets. We quit when we had to start doing more for the boys. I’m kind of loving this year though since we are going on a trip with the boys and just doing little things for close family. I really love the charity idea though. It’s definitely a win win!

HEAB December 7, 2011 at 2:56 pm

Sarena,
I bet you and Tony have made some really creative gifts in your past. However, I’d be just as happy with a loaf of gluten free cinnamon bread. ;)

natalie December 6, 2011 at 9:13 pm

thanks for posting on pinterest – just joined and looking for more ideas. love that mix that you made!

HEAB December 7, 2011 at 2:57 pm

Natalie,
Happy Pinning. Love Pinterest. Watch out though, it can get addicting.

RunEatRepeat December 6, 2011 at 11:43 pm

I want granola for Christmas!

Marty December 7, 2011 at 4:20 am

I so love your # 1 gift idea! And, I so need or what to make the canvas photo art for a few friends for Xmas! Thank you for reminding us of your lovely canvases, can never get enough of that sweet girl Ms Summer face, so angelic! Xoxo

HEAB December 7, 2011 at 2:58 pm

You’re welcome. Thanks Marty! :)

Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning December 7, 2011 at 8:32 am

I love these ideas- all of them!! There are so many that would be great for my co-workers… and I love the DIY idea for that. Thanks so much for sharing!

Christin@purplebirdblog December 7, 2011 at 12:08 pm

I did it. I joined Pinterest, and this post was the catalyst. I wanted to keep the idea for the canvas photos readily available, and rather than starting a Gmail folder with the title “crafts” (similar to how I’ve been storing recipes that I never look at, oops), I broke down and joined Pinterest so I could just pin it. You evil woman, you. ;)

HEAB December 7, 2011 at 2:58 pm

Christin,
I take full responsibility for your newest addiction. Happy Pinning! ;)

Rebecca @ Naturally Healthy and Gorgeous December 7, 2011 at 12:41 pm

What great ideas! I love homemade gifts!

the delicate place December 7, 2011 at 4:34 pm

i absolutely adore handmade gifts! anything in a mason jar is just fine by me! i made truffles one year for family and they were a hit! super simple and so decadent!

Lauren A. @ Newest Obsession December 7, 2011 at 5:08 pm

I love your canvas photo wall. It’s beautiful!

HEAB December 8, 2011 at 12:55 pm

Thanks Lauren. I love it too. :)

esmemerrie December 7, 2011 at 11:50 pm

I kept scrolling down going: Oh! Awe! Oooo! Those mason jars are fantastic! And the prints bring so much life into a space! Thank you woman!

HEAB December 8, 2011 at 12:55 pm

esmemerrie,
Welcome! :)

Kari @ bite-sized thoughts December 8, 2011 at 4:40 am

I love these ideas – only problem is that I wouldn’t want to give them away! :)

Dana @ the Big Fat Skinny December 8, 2011 at 7:42 am

I love the idea of the granola with that personalized spoon … the look of the gift is so rustic, and the idea is so inexpensive that you can make room in your budget to give it to lots of friends!

Ana December 8, 2011 at 1:37 pm

Lovely ideas Heather, I like them all!!
Yumm, oaties!