Toddler Approved Banana Bread Muffins

by HEAB on December 9, 2011

I didn’t plan on blogging about these muffins, but the 1-year old goes crazy for them. So, I wanted to post the recipe and add it to my Baby Food Recipe Page. The muffins contain no wheat or eggs and are sweetened with bananas and applesauce. Oh, they’re adult approved as well. :)

Summie'sMuffins2.psd

Summie'sMuffins.psd

tea-bag December 9, 2011 at 4:41 pm

wow – these look great! i think i’ll take them in a “tropical” route and add mango puree instead of applesauce! hmmm… and some coconut flakes … oh, thanks for the inspiration!

HEAB December 12, 2011 at 8:12 pm

Tea-Bag,
I like the way you think. :)

Ami @ parsnipsandpears December 9, 2011 at 5:07 pm

thanks for sharing! my little guy is muffin obsessed so I love finding new toddler friendly recipes to try out :)

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga December 9, 2011 at 5:10 pm

Lovin’ the photography in this post. Very artsy and crisp and pretty!

And glad the muffies are toddler approved. Anything with bananas & applesauce is almost a shoe-in, right? :) They look wonderful!

And thanks for the info about your bowls re your last post. Ahhh, should have known..good ole Anthro.

lindsay December 9, 2011 at 6:48 pm

I like muffins, i like banana bread, therefore i LOVE this. Toddler approved and Cotter approved!

Alex @ Spoonful of Sugar Free December 9, 2011 at 6:53 pm

Baby approved? They’re also Alex-approved, too, because they look so yummy! And I have a few brown bananas to use-up anyway :D

Lara December 9, 2011 at 7:55 pm

Good to know about the raisins, Heabie! I never would have guessed. I love the idea of feeding kids (and heck, adults) things that are delicious AND nutritious! I hope I remember to do this when I have kids one day!

HEAB December 12, 2011 at 8:13 pm

Lara,
I have no doubt you will. :)

Kelly @ Foodie Fiasco December 9, 2011 at 8:18 pm

If this is even humanly possible, your picture are getting even BETTER. How do you do it? Do you send your pics to Tastespotting and Goodgawker? I bet you do. Your pictures are amazing. ;)

HEAB December 12, 2011 at 8:14 pm

No, I don’t send my photos to any food sites, but I’m so honored that you think my pictures are that pretty. Thank you! :)

Marty December 9, 2011 at 9:10 pm

Heather, oh my what a wonderful easy-peasy muffin recipe! My husband David’s cookie is oatmeal so these will be a second fav! He’ll get them for breakfast tomorrow! Hope you’re have a great weekend, xoxo

Marty December 9, 2011 at 9:12 pm

Ok, I hope you’re reading between the lines! His favorite cookie recipe is oatmeal! Haha!

Felicia December 9, 2011 at 10:01 pm

what a great recipe! and i love your baby food recipe page!

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} December 9, 2011 at 10:03 pm

My little one goes crazy for any kind of muffin, too. She doesn’t discriminate. :-) These look fantastic!

Mary @ Bites and Bliss December 9, 2011 at 10:05 pm

Oh, those would be toddler approved- they sound incredible! Perfectly sweet and soft.

Pure2raw twins December 9, 2011 at 10:46 pm

yum! love banana bread and love banana muffins :)

Lou December 9, 2011 at 11:24 pm

Misty would totally dig these. I suppose they are like oatmeal in a muffin. I call oatmeal “porridge” so we could call them Puffins… cute :)

HEAB December 12, 2011 at 8:15 pm

Lou,
Ha, Puffins. Perfect! :)

Jessica December 9, 2011 at 11:41 pm

These are so similar to muffins that I make for my 2 year old! I use almond meal for half the flour. She goes crazy over them. :)

HEAB December 12, 2011 at 8:16 pm

Jessica,
I’ll have to try that. We haven’t given Summer any nuts yet. Almonds to come soon. :)

Hannah December 10, 2011 at 12:26 am

These look like exactly the kind of dense muffin I love! I’d swap tart cherries for the raisins, though, because raisins are nasty squoodgy things. To me, that is :P

HEAB December 12, 2011 at 8:15 pm

Hannah,
Fair enough. :)

Rebecca @ Naturally Healthy and Gorgeous December 10, 2011 at 9:14 am

Those look great! And I have some bananas that are looking pretty brown!

Kellie December 10, 2011 at 9:59 am

yum! think i’ll be making these this weekend (no toddlers here though! LOL) mom and I are doing gluten free to help with some joint issues and it’s nice to have a great muffin recipe for breakfast! thanks Heather (and Summer!)

HEAB December 12, 2011 at 8:17 pm

Kellie,
You’re welcome. Hope you and your mom enjoyed them! :)

Nada (One Arab Vegan) December 10, 2011 at 10:13 am

These sound delicious! Banana muffins are my favourite – will definitely be making these soon.

The Delicate Place December 10, 2011 at 10:15 am

oh! ill have to try these because all the muffins i try to make with coconut flour are crumbly and flat. these actually look pretty dense and ‘real muffin like’ haha if that makes any sense? i could see sneaking some baking chocolate into the middle of those and making a banana bread sammie :)

HEAB December 12, 2011 at 8:18 pm

Melissa,
These muffins are no where near dry or crumbly with the bananas and applesauce. I think you would love them. :)

Samantha December 10, 2011 at 6:37 pm

Its 8:40 am and I skipped breakfast but am going to make these RIGHT NOW and send all but the one I eat to Sub Group 7 tomorrow in their holiday treat basket. YUM!

HEAB December 12, 2011 at 8:18 pm

Sam,
Hope they enjoyed them…you as well. :)

STUFT Mama December 12, 2011 at 2:11 am

I’ve never pulsed oats before to make my own oat flour or tried that soaking raisins trick. I need to try that. Oh my goodness do we go through banana muffins around here. I swear I’m making them every week. I need to try these though! :) Mmmm…..

Deirdre @ Oh Well Whatever December 12, 2011 at 9:24 am

Thanks for posting, I am going to make for my little Ryleigh this weekend!

Rose December 12, 2011 at 9:41 am

Saving, saving! Do you think these would be a good substitute for breakfast if you’re on the go?

HEAB December 12, 2011 at 8:19 pm

Rose,
Yes, definitely! They freeze well too. Just put out the night before and breakfast is all ready in the AM. :)

Sylvia @ LifeIsGoodWithFood December 12, 2011 at 9:57 am

This is great! I’m on a money-saving kick (or trying to get rid of all that I have at home) and I have all those ingredients at home. Phew, thank goodness it doesn’t require an extra trip to the grocery store. ;)

Christin@purplebirdblog December 12, 2011 at 10:58 am

I’m fairly certain these are Christin-approved as well. I haven’t made muffins in far too long, so I pinned this recipe. (Grrr. ;) )

HEAB December 12, 2011 at 8:19 pm

Christin,
Haha – admit it, you love Pinning!!! ;)

Caitlin @ Vegetarian in the City December 12, 2011 at 12:05 pm

these are definitely Caitlin approved as well. :)

Ellie@Fit for the Soul December 12, 2011 at 8:03 pm

Mmmm those look delicious. They look like this huge currant oatmeal cookie I’m eating right now, but I want this too lol.