I didn’t plan on blogging about these muffins, but the 1-year old goes crazy for them. So, I wanted to post the recipe and add it to my Baby Food Recipe Page. The muffins contain no wheat or eggs and are sweetened with bananas and applesauce. Oh, they’re adult approved as well. 🙂
Banana Applesauce Muffins
Yield 12 muffins
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup butter, softened (or coconut oil)
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1 flax egg (1 TBSP flax seed meal gelled in 3 TBSP hot water) or 1 whole egg
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour (I pulsed 2 cups old fashioned oats in my food processor)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup raisins soaked in warm water for an hour (helps to plump up and soften)
- Pre-heat oven to 350℉.
- Cream together first 5 ingredients.
- Stir together oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to banana mixture, stirring to combine.
- Fold in raisins.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes in paper lined or greased muffin pan.