I love a good ice-cream sandwich. I mean who doesn’t love ice-cream sandwiched between two cookies, but more about that in a minute. First, I must tell you about Granookies. Gra-what?
GRANOOKIE [grah-noo-kee] noun A cookie made with granola.
HEAB’s No-Bake Granookies (Inspired by the raw pie crust I made in this post.)
- 1 cup Love Grown Foods Simply Oats granola
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted and soaked in water for one hour and drained
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp Nama Shoyu (Raw unpasteurized soy sauce. Regular soy sauce works too.)
- freshly grated nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients in food processor.
- Place cookie dough ball on a piece of parchment or wax paper and flatten with hand.
- Use cookie cutters or a knife to cut out your cookies.
- Store in fridge.
The Granookies turned out great and were really easy to make. They’re soft but contain a little crunch from the granola, and I love their fresh lemon flavor. Now about those ice-cream sandwiches…
Every single one of my Granookies got sandwiched together with vanilla bean ice-cream and put in the freezer. AMAZING!