Our favorite photographer just posted the photos from Summer’s first birthday party on her blog. I’m so grateful that Emily and her husband were with us the entire day as they captured so many amazing memories.
Summer was quite excited to finish off her first cupcake.
We had an Eric Carle themed party. Love Eric Carle, and I already posted pictures of the decorations here. Emily got some great shots of the food. So please check out her post for some party food inspiration. The menu included:
- Hummus & salmon & goat cheese dip with tortilla chips
- Fresh fruit
- Sunflower seed butter and jelly sandwich bites
- Trader Joe’s mini pizzas
- Autumn salad with apples, goat cheese, and candied walnuts
- Tropical Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Oaties baked with candy corns…more popular than the cupcakes!
- Lemon pound cake cupcakes (gluten free) with vanilla bean cream cheese frosting
- For drinks we filled our cooler with mini bottles of water and cans of orange and lemon San Pellegrino sparkling beverage
To go along with our Eric Carle theme, I attempted to make a caterpillar cake using these all natural vegetable food dyes I found at Whole Foods. Well, instead of green and red cupcakes, the best I could do was a sort of mint green and pink…
Haha, so not the look I was going for, but I tried!
Emily and her husband, Chris, also set up a photo booth and took pictures of all the guests during the party. Each guest was instructed to write down a message especially for Summer. Some of my favorites…
It was a perfect day, and we’re so grateful that Emily was here to capture every second. Thanks again Emily. We love you!