CD and I have eaten enchiladas three times over the past couple of weeks…and he doesn’t even really like Mexican food. So, that’s saying a lot about this meal. It all started when I tried Jenna’s Chicken enchiladas, and then I tried Kristin’s idea of using Trader Joe’s boxed Organic Tomato & Roasted Red Pepper Soup instead of enchilada sauce. Good call Kristin! We loved the enchiladas with the soup, and the soup ingredients are better than any canned enchilada sauce I’ve seen. So, thanks to Jenna and Kristen for inspiring the follow quick, easy, and delicious recipe!
HEAB’s Beef Enchiladas
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup favorite salsa
- 8 ounces shredded cheese (a Mexican blend works great, but any cheese will do)
- 2 cups Trader Joe’s Organic Tomato & Roasted Red Pepper Soup
- corn tortillas
- Pre-heat oven to 350℉.
- Brown beef on the stove-top over medium high heat and drain.
- Mix together sour cream and salsa and add to beef.
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- Pour one cup of the soup in the bottom of the dish.
- Fill each tortilla with a 2 to 3 spoonfuls of the beef mixture and a sprinkle of cheese. Wrap tightly and place seam side down in baking dish. Continue to fill the dish with wrapped tortillas. I can usually squeeze in 9.
- Pour the rest of your soup on top of the enchiladas and cover with cheese.
- Bake covered with foil for 2o minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Beef enchiladas make for a very happy belly.