I ♥ Love Grown Foods

by HEAB on February 13, 2012

Remember my Eric Carle inspired Valentine’s?

Well, I also used my painted tissue paper for a special Valentine to my favorite granola company

My Valentine has been entered in the Love Grown Foods LOVE Letter Contest on Facebook, and Love Grown Foods has generously offered to give away one free bag of their granola to every fan who “likes” the winning LOVE Letter.  So, if you like my Valentine and would like a bag of the best granola ever, please click here and like away!  Thanks! :)

Caitlin @ Vegetarian in the City February 13, 2012 at 2:41 pm

i ‘liked’ it! good luck :)

Carolyn February 13, 2012 at 3:45 pm

Hello! I have been stalking your website for a little over a month now and need an intervention :-) I thank you for great information, honesty and enabling my love for almond butter!

Currently, I am on a journey of finding what is right for me as I deal with hormonal and diet issues. I have been back and forth and eat very clean, dairy/gluten/corn/soy free…no preservatives, transfats….all organic…ect…ect. I am a lifelong dieter who was always high protein/low fat (and a runner) and basically crashed. I still run/exercise and have made modifications in my diet….I have seen improvements but am still on this journey and have issues with digestion that I am working through. I too think I do better on higher fats but was concerned I was getting too much of a good thing when I took a closer look at exactly the amount I was getting after making the adjustments. What would you say your typical day of fat grams includes? When I went through my typical day my calories were at around 2200 with 118 fat (37 sat; avocados, coconut milk, coc oil, nut butters, eggs). I may have freaked a little when I saw an extra 1 1/2 lbs and tweaked to 1950 calories with 91.5 fat (25 sat). I am also trying to work through the whole “do I want to keep running” thing because I feel like I am ALWAYS hungry. I have no clue what a high fat diet really is in regards to the amount of fat grams so was hoping others experiences could help me evaluate.

I know you get tons of messages and understand that your time is limited but if you get a chance and have a moment to respond I would greatly appreciate any advice.

Thank you and have a happy, healthy day :-)

HEAB February 14, 2012 at 2:28 pm

Carolyn,
I will email you later today. :)

the delicate place February 13, 2012 at 3:49 pm

haha will do! i’ve only ever tried one of their sample packs (i think i recall cherries or coconut in it) but it was tasty!

Liz @ Tip Top Shape February 13, 2012 at 3:53 pm

Super cute!!

j3nn February 13, 2012 at 4:10 pm

Aww, that’s so cute. I liked it. :D

Kilee February 13, 2012 at 4:53 pm

Aww, they look so cute! I have never tried Love Grown Foods, but have heard good things about them. Good luck with the contest!

Erica February 13, 2012 at 5:25 pm

LOVE your valentine’s!! I will def go like your entry :)

Samantha February 13, 2012 at 6:04 pm

What a pretty love letter…liked it!

Samuel did his Valentine’s so similar, less hearts (one per card) but he painted, cut, pasted and wrote 20 all on his own! ONly to still have the flu today. :( But big brother took his in to school for him. Thanks for the idea!

HEAB February 14, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Sam,
So glad Samuel enjoyed the project, but I’m sorry to hear he’s sick. Hope he’s feeling better soon, and thanks for the like! :)

Amiee February 13, 2012 at 6:49 pm

Haha. What fun! You got my like on that one. :) I bookmarked your post about the sweet valentines so I can make them with my nephews. There are so many fun things you can do with that technique. Fun!
Also, I made the almond flax pancakes for dinner tonight. Very yummy and I love that they are completely guilt free.

HEAB February 14, 2012 at 2:26 pm

Amiee,
Hope your nephews enjoy the project! We had a lot of fun with it…at least I did. Summer just kind of made a mess. :)

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga February 13, 2012 at 6:56 pm

What a generous offer and your Valentines are gorgeous!

We have been going to TOWN on some Love Grown every day lately crumbled up in yogurt and fruit bowls.

Happy Valentine’s Day to you all!
xoxo

Bidentine February 13, 2012 at 8:08 pm

oh the teal one is my favorite ;-)

Such a cute idea

Happy Valentines Day !

teabagginit February 13, 2012 at 9:04 pm

those valentine’s day cards are so cute! cupid could not have done a better job!

Health Bee February 13, 2012 at 11:15 pm

These cards look so fun! What a great idea! You’ve got my vote for the contest. :-)

HEAB February 14, 2012 at 2:25 pm

Thanks Health Bee!

Kiran @ KiranTarun.com February 14, 2012 at 1:35 am

Fun and colorful card! Happy Valentines Day :)

STUFT Mama February 14, 2012 at 2:38 am

Oh man… You are good. Love the poem. I totally dropped the ball on the contest. Bummer. I’ll be sure to vote for your poem. I wonder if you’ll have time to make one as cute next year? Ha ha!

HEAB February 14, 2012 at 2:25 pm

STUFT,
I already know the answer to that – no. :)

brandi February 14, 2012 at 8:16 am
Alex @ Raw Recovery February 14, 2012 at 8:52 am

You are so good with crafts! I would “like” it but I’m not on facebook anymore. I’ve been so busy that I haven’t had a chance to make my real valentine’s day cards so I guess they will just go out at a random time and hopefully the fluff powder will make up for it! Have a great day Heather!

HEAB February 14, 2012 at 2:24 pm

You too Alex and can’t wait to hear how the fluff powder works. :)

Alex @ Spoonful of Sugar Free February 14, 2012 at 9:18 am

I love it!!! So adorable :D Happy Valentine’s Day ! <3

Erin February 14, 2012 at 9:49 am

What a cute idea, Heather! I slacked off in the Valentine’s Day card making department, and just did some ecards this year (I know, lame). Your creativity inspires me!

HEAB February 14, 2012 at 2:23 pm

Erin, not lame. Life just happens sometimes. There’s always next year. :)

nicole February 14, 2012 at 9:57 am

Love. You are so adorable.

Casey Lorraine February 14, 2012 at 10:41 am

Hello lovely!!! Wanted to pop in and say hi. How are you?!?!
Guess what? I’m coming to the US from April to June! I will be in and around the place, mainly in CT and NY but also visiting Ashville at some stage…where exactly are you? I’d love love love to see you! xo

HEAB February 14, 2012 at 2:23 pm

Hi Casey,
I’m doing well, and I hope you are too. So fun you’re coming to the U.S.! Asheville is one of my favorite cities (you must eat at the Laughing Seed and Tupelo Honey cafes. Both are so good!). Anyway, we’re about 4 or 5 hours from Asheville, and unfortunately, my travel is restricted as of April 1 – strict orders from my OB. So, I probably won’t get to see you, but I hope you guys have a wonderful trip!!

Alyssa February 14, 2012 at 11:48 am

Done! And I hope you win!
Happy Valentine’s Day!!!!!

HEAB February 14, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Thanks Alyssa! Hope you win some granola. :)