A Weekend of P’s

by HEAB on February 19, 2012

Play dates…

Paint samples:

We’ve decided on Behr’s Natural Grey for the twins’ room.  We’re having some repairs and painting done to their room this week, and yesterday and today have involved a lot of furniture moving and organizing.  Nick, thanks again for coming over and helping CD with all the moving.  I just took your Oaties out of the oven. :)

This morning, I puffed it up with a…

Puffed Pancake.

The recipe can be found in the comment section of this Rockstar Diaires Post.  I followed Naomi’s recipe but subbed oat flour and almond milk.  My toppings were butter, yogurt, and maple syrup. So good – like an oatmeal crepe!  OK, back to organizing…

Happy Pancake Sunday!

Liz @ iheartvegetables February 19, 2012 at 12:14 pm

Oh I love that grey color! P.S. I don’t know if I said it before but CONGRATS!!!! I’m so excited for you, CD and Summer!!! :)

HEAB February 20, 2012 at 9:53 pm

Thanks Liz! We’re excited too. :)

Jamie @ Don't Forget the Cinnamon February 19, 2012 at 12:44 pm

I’m so curious about this puffed pancake!!

HEAB February 20, 2012 at 9:54 pm

Jamie,
As you should be. Try it. The puff is so good! :)

Emilia February 19, 2012 at 12:44 pm

sounds like an amazingly fun and enjoyable weekend :)
I love that puffed pancake recipe, but I never even thought about making it with oat flour. Guess I have my breakfast plans down for next sunday!

Mel @ Mel Runs February 19, 2012 at 12:50 pm

Dude, you always find the best recipes!! I’ve gotta try this one too, in addition to the black beans. You might be official recipe curator :)

HEAB February 20, 2012 at 9:54 pm

Mel,
Happy to help. I never have time to come up with my own recipes these days, but I still enjoy trying and sharing recipes from other bloggers. :)

Liz @ Tip Top Shape February 19, 2012 at 1:07 pm

That first picture is too adorable!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) February 19, 2012 at 1:11 pm

I almost made cornmeal pancakes this morning, but I’m saving them for Tuesday (Shrove Tuesday)! Tony wants pancakes with bacon cooked in and you know I’ll do anything to get my pancake dinner! We are in the middle of rearranging now too. They boys are getting older and want big boy rooms. This is a sad time in my life…the legos just got moved to the attic today.

HEAB February 20, 2012 at 9:55 pm

Sarena,
No more Legos?!? That even makes me sad. :(

Tonya February 19, 2012 at 1:25 pm

I’ll come help move furniture if it means I get Oaties! : )

HEAB February 20, 2012 at 9:56 pm

Tonya,
I will keep you in mind for sure as we have more moving to do. :)

Patty February 19, 2012 at 2:00 pm

DELISH! What a yummy way to spend a Sunday :)

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga February 19, 2012 at 2:35 pm

I know you’re not big on the microwave but I make microwave banana oat cakes with just whole oats and a banana, little cinnamon, sugar and “bake”. Super easy but judging by the looks of how good this is, I don’t think you need to change a thing :) I am a cheater though and use my microwave. lol

HEAB February 20, 2012 at 9:56 pm

Averie,
Yes, I’ve made your banana oat cake before. So easy, so good! Thanks for the reminder – it was a while ago, and I’d forgotten about the recipe.

Ana February 19, 2012 at 3:10 pm

Lovely picture of Summer and her friend Heather!! <3
Did you find out the sex of the twins already?
Off to find the pancake recipe, looks so good! (I love your food!!!)

HEAB February 20, 2012 at 9:57 pm

Thanks Ana! We find out the genders on Thursday, and we’re so anxious!!! Hope you enjoy the puffed pancake soon. Will definitely be a regular around here. :)

Alex @ Spoonful of Sugar Free February 19, 2012 at 3:50 pm

You should frame that picture of summer and her playdate. Seriously, I think it is one of the cutest ones I’ve seen :D :D

HEAB February 20, 2012 at 9:58 pm

Thanks Alex. I think I should as well. :)

The Delicate Place February 19, 2012 at 4:30 pm

ahhh! cute overload! doesn’t it feel so good to be getting organized and choosing the details like paint and things? i’m so detailed oriented so this just gets me giddy thinking about decorating ha. i have never tried a puffed pancake before, i love her blog!

HEAB February 20, 2012 at 9:58 pm

Melissa,
Well then, please come to Nashville. Would love your help decorating. :)

Mama Pea February 19, 2012 at 5:20 pm

We had a weekend of Peas too. Oh, that’s every weekend.

Every time you say “the twins,” I squeal a little.

HEAB February 20, 2012 at 9:59 pm

MamaPea,
I thought about you when I wrote my title. Congrats again on finishing up the 2nd book. So excited for you!

Lorne February 19, 2012 at 6:05 pm

Can’t wait to see what the twin’s room looks like Heather.
Hope you are well :0)

HEAB February 20, 2012 at 9:59 pm

Lorne,
I hope the same for you. :)

Whitney February 19, 2012 at 7:40 pm

Thanks so much for the oaties! They are delicious! I think they are even better than the last batch you gave us! I love the dark chocolate!

HEAB February 20, 2012 at 10:02 pm

Whitney,
Oh good, so happy to hear it BECAUSE after dropping the cookies off, CD tasted some that I’d saved for him (since I made a double batch…or so I thought) and told me they tasted rather “Oaty”…I then realized that I had doubled the amount of rolled oats needed but did not double any of the other ingredients. Oops – I promise a correct batch next time. :)

Joss February 19, 2012 at 7:58 pm

that is such a sweet picture of the play date :D so precious!

STUFT Mama February 20, 2012 at 1:19 am

Sweet picture of the playdate. Love the paint color. I make some similar pancakes called hooligan pancakes. :) Love them. Sounds like a fun, busy weekend Heather. :) Glad you’ve got people helping. :)

Em (Wine and Butter) February 20, 2012 at 4:40 am

BEAUTIFUL photos!! I’m so excited for the twins. I was also thinking maybe when you have them, you’d like to get them in movies (which is what lots of parents of twins do, you know). THEN you could move to Cali and hang out with me and Louis the whole time. CD probably wouldnt even need to work, what with the twins earnings and all, and we could all just chill out….

HEAB February 20, 2012 at 10:03 pm

Em,
Haha – I don’t think any of our kids will be in movies, but I’d love to come visit you guys in California! :)

Kelly @ Foodie Fiasco February 20, 2012 at 11:11 am

Heather, you always make the greatest stuff! How do you do it? ;)

HEAB February 20, 2012 at 10:09 pm

Kelly,
Hunger. :)

Amelia February 20, 2012 at 12:20 pm

Puffed pancake looks delish!
p.s. For some reason I dreamt up that you’d already had the twins, and was wondering how you were accomplishing all this cooking/working/blogging! I guess my baby brain is worse than I thought…given it was only a few weeks ago I read you were pregnant! Oh, motherhood.

HEAB February 20, 2012 at 10:09 pm

Amelia,
Haha – trust me, I get it, and yeah, I don’t think there will be much blogging from me once the twins arrive. :)

Rebekah February 20, 2012 at 4:32 pm

I LOVE Dragon Park – or more officially Fannie Mae Park. It was the first park we took our little boy to for his first picnic when he was 3 months old. They grow up so fast.

HEAB February 20, 2012 at 10:10 pm

Rebekah,
Yes, Fannie Mae! I love that park too, but this was Summer’s first visit. Shame on me – I must take her more often as she had so much fun.

Heather @ Run Eat Play February 20, 2012 at 5:14 pm

I love the color that you choose! I am so picky about paint – it took me weeks to pick out a color for our living room!
I love pancakes too. Oatmeal crepe sounds great!

Sara Lake February 20, 2012 at 6:14 pm

During ‘Junk Free January’ I discovered buckwheat pancakes and will never go back to any other sort. Sooo good. My favourite filling is mashed banana and almond butter, then I roll it up and slather with yogurt. You must try.. :D

HEAB February 20, 2012 at 10:11 pm

Sara,
I was thinking the Puffed Pancake would be wonderful with buckwheat. I must try it and with your fillings. :)