Brandi tagged me in her 11 Things post. I’ve had fun reading other blogger’s random facts about themselves, and so here are mine…
- When I’m done eating an apple, all that’s left is pretty much the seeds. Love a good crunchy apple and hate wasting any of it.
- Pre-Summer, I thought I wanted two kids at the most, but after having her, I decided I wanted three or four. Guess I got my wish.
- I think I’ve shared this before, but light bulbs always go out in my presence. In fact, just changed one less than an hour ago. It’s actually kind of creepy and used to drive my mom crazy. Now it drives me crazy as I am constantly changing light bulbs.
- I do not iron. Ever. In fact, I have not ironed anything since CD and I got married, and I know this because I found the iron my mom gave us unused in the closet the other day. Sorry mom. When working as a massage therapist, I lived in yoga pants, and all of CD’s work clothes are wrinkle resistant.
- I refused to wear dresses growing up and insisted on wearing a green football jersey everyday for a year.
- I loved high-school but was not a huge fan of college.
- I used to manage fundraising events for the American Cancer Society and before that I worked in fundraising for Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital. I decided to get out of non-profit and became a licensed massage therapist 7 years ago.
- My dream house would include a laundry room, a pantry, and a mud room. We currently have none of the above, and with 3 kids and 2 dogs, I’d like one of each. All CD wants is a basketball hoop in the driveway.
- I wasn’t a huge fan of chocolate growing up and was more of a candy girl: Sweet Tarts, Nerds, gummi bears, etc. Now, I always choose chocolate!
- I drive a ’97 Honda Accord (Well, actually CD currently drives it. We switched cars when Summer came along, and I now drive his ’96 Jeep Cherokee). Anyway, we refer to my car as The Beater. The paint is peeling, and it’s pretty rough looking, but we’re both kind of attached to it.
- I don’t like perfume. It makes me ill.
Now, I must answer the set of questions Brandi posted…
Q: What movie can you watch over and over again, no matter how many times you’ve seen it?
A: Oh gosh, the list is long. I love Say Anything. Lloyd Dobler can do no wrong.
Q: What’s your favorite band right now?
A: The Civil Wars and Snow Patrol
Q: If someone made a movie of your life, who would you want to play you?
A: Jennifer Connelly or Zooey Deschanel. Unfortunately, I don’t look a thing like either one of them, but they’re my favorites. Loved Jennifer ever since Labrynth.
Q: One food you wouldn’t eat as a kid that you love now?
A: Sweet potoates…what was I thinking?!?
Q: Last book you read?
A: Just finished Steve Jobs’s bio, and I’m about 3/4 of the way through Truth & Beauty by Ann Patchett. So good!
Q: What is your favorite memory from high school?
A: Another long list. My friends and I were so silly but always had so much fun together. For Christmas one year, three of us got together and made a video for another friend. Hours of laughter involved, but when I watch the video nowadays, I cringe. So embarrassing.
Q: If you could have a dinner party and invite 5 people (famous or not), who would you invite and why?
A: Well, it would have to be people CD would want to meet as well. So, Warren Buffett & Milton Friedman (not alive anymore but that wasn’t specified) for Chris. And for me, Patty Griffin (my favorite musician), Ellen DeGeneres (b/c I love her giving spirit, and she makes me laugh), and John Cusack (again, Lloyd Dobler can do no wrong). You think that would be an awkward gathering?
Q: Scariest movie you’ve ever seen?
A: Hands down The Changeling – the 1980 horror movie.
Q: What song is stuck in your head right now?
A: Cantaloop by US3 because I just sold my CD collection today and somehow that album got left behind in my CD holder. It’s taken me years to let go of my music collection, but it was time. So freeing. Love cleaning out and organizing, and I love iTunes.
Q: Quirkiest thing about you that most people don’t know – go!
A: I am a pluck-a-holic and carry tweezers with me everywhere I go.
Q: What do you love about yourself?
A: I love my hair, most days anyway. Thanks to my dad, I have very thick hair, and I can wear it straight or curly. Thanks Dad!
Thanks for the tag Brandi, and now I’m supposed to tag 11 people and come up with my own list of questions for them, but I don’t wanna. So, how about a new Oatie recipe instead?