Today

by HEAB on March 7, 2012

A walk through the neighborhood.  Everything is starting to bloom…

During nap time, I painted…

There was also frozen yogurt with a dear friend who has moved to Chicago and had a baby since we last saw each other.  Justine, I’ve missed you!

Dearest Sweet Cece’s, I’m really bummed you no longer offer the Buy One Get One Free deal for mamas-to-be. :(

It was a busy but fun day, and now I am off to bed…at 7 PM. Night.

P.S. For the month of March, iHerb is offering an $8 discount for all first time orders with the coupon code EME542.  It’s a great site if you’ve never shopped there.  It’s where I buy all of my vitamins, supplements, gluten free flours, brewer’s yeast, body products, and Justin’s nut butters!  Plus, shipping is free in the U.S. for orders over $20, and they offer great international shipping rates as well.  Happy Shopping. :)

Lou March 7, 2012 at 8:29 pm

Oh boo – no bonus CeCe’s! That’s criminal… expecting Mama’s deserve it, for sure :)

LOVE your little whales, so cute… for the twins’ room?

iHerb seriously rocks… their international shipping is awesome, it’s like $4 to get stuff over here, score for sure.

Looks like a lovely day (I’m not pregnant and I go to bed at 7pm, no shame!)

HEAB March 8, 2012 at 2:49 pm

Lou, I know, iHerb is the best! And yes, the whale painting is going to hang above CD jr’s crib. Hope to get another painting done for baby girl twin later this week. Her theme is birds. :)

natalie March 7, 2012 at 8:30 pm

I’ve never even heard of the site! Thanks for the heads up :)

Yay for reconnecting with friends!

lindsay March 7, 2012 at 10:09 pm

You never heard of iherb? oh no natalie!! YOU MUST GO NOW!!! its got awesome deals.
And heather, i remember justine … what a beautiful baby. Wow, a year really flew by.

HEAB March 8, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Lindsay, I know, tell me about it. Where does the time go?!?

Lorne March 7, 2012 at 8:43 pm

For all your international readers I can vouch for the great service and shipping rates of iherb. Love love love getting a wee parcel with nut butter goodness delivered to my door.

liz dean March 7, 2012 at 8:55 pm

LOVE the whales!!! And FINALLY!!!! A belly shot!!!! :)

HEAB March 8, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Liz,
That was all for you. :)

Health Bee March 7, 2012 at 9:02 pm

Beautiful photos. Spring is my favorite season.

Love the whales. :-)

Krystina (Krystina Zena) March 7, 2012 at 9:09 pm

Summer is so stinkin’ cute!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) March 7, 2012 at 9:22 pm

Love iherb! I’m definitely ordering the brewer’s yeast!

I’m glad you are getting to enjoy some time out and about. You look beautiful as always!

HEAB March 8, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Thanks Sarena. :)

katie @KatieDid March 7, 2012 at 9:25 pm

Busy but fun looking day! And thanks for the iherb recommendation, checking that out now for a few things I can’t seem to find around me.

HEAB March 8, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Katie,
Hope you found what you’re looking for. I LOVE iHerb!

j3nn March 7, 2012 at 9:29 pm

Bummer about the froyo offer. :( it’s probably a good thing we don’t have a build-your-own fray place nearby; I’d probably buy the owner a vacation home. Heh

Summer looks like mini HEAB!! Love it! :)

Marty March 7, 2012 at 9:35 pm

Oh my, look at that little smile on Summer! Sweeteners+

I’ve not bought from iHerb yet, I’ll see if shipping is free from Alaska, many places it’s only the continental U.S. (though Alaska is connected to Canada which is then connected to the rest of the “Lower 48″…sorry, a pet peeve, after all these years here!).

Lovely pic with you and Justine and her new baby! Are the whales part of your new twins room theme? So cute!

HEAB March 8, 2012 at 2:46 pm

Marty,
Not sure if it’s continental U.S. or not, but regardless, iHerb is great, and the shipping to Alaska shouldn’t be too bad as they offer great deals for overseas. And yes, CD jr’s bedding has whales on it, but the girls’ has birds. Hope to do a painting for her later this week. :)

Pure2raw twins March 7, 2012 at 9:37 pm

iherb is great, we buy from there all the time!!
love the paint job!!! you are really good!!!
and ya for spring and the flowers and trees coming back ;)

~Lori

Ashley March 7, 2012 at 10:08 pm

I 110% love your craftiness. Such a cute painting. You look maaaarvelous in that photo!!!

HEAB March 8, 2012 at 2:45 pm

Thanks Ashley, and I 110% love your recipes. When we move to Colorado someday, can I come raid your homemade nut butter stash? ;)

Liz @ Tip Top Shape March 7, 2012 at 10:16 pm

Froyo sounds delicious right now!!

Mama Pea March 7, 2012 at 10:38 pm

Cute painting! Are you going to use it for the twins’ room?

I miss Justine too! Hope she is well!

HEAB March 8, 2012 at 2:44 pm

Mama Pea,
Justine is doing great and so in love with her baby girl. :) And yes, the painting will go above CD Jr’s crib. I’m hoping to get the girls’ painting done later this week. We got the cribs all assembled, and I bought different bedding for each. Can’t wait to get some artwork up on the walls! :)

Laura @ She Eats Well March 7, 2012 at 11:11 pm

Thank you for letting us know about that site, I cannot wait to check it out. Summer is so beautiful! Those eyes!

HEAB March 8, 2012 at 2:42 pm

Laura,
You’re welcome. LOVE iHerb! :)

Samantha March 7, 2012 at 11:25 pm

iHerb is GREAT! Readers take advantage!

Love the whales…and your adorable outfit!

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga March 8, 2012 at 1:04 am

how fun that you and Justine met up! I had no idea she moved or had a baby (guess I don’t check my personal facebook page…like…ever!) but congrats to her and so glad you two have kept in touch over the years!

your blog, hers, Deb’s, and Gina’s were some of the first blogs I ever read!

HEAB March 8, 2012 at 2:42 pm

Averie,
Yes, I remember when you first emailed me. My, how times have changed, huh? Where have the years gone?!?

STUFT Mama March 8, 2012 at 2:17 am

Your neighborhood looks gorgeous. Love the painting. They really should still have a special deal for you at the yogurt place. And….. I gave yet to shop at iHerb. I need to check it out. :) Hope you’re resting. :)

Erika - The Teenage Taste March 8, 2012 at 7:02 am

Friends and fro-yo – sounds like an awesome combination to me! Glad you had a great time! :-)

Emma @ Bake Sew Grow March 8, 2012 at 7:25 am

That painting is so adorable! I love to paint :)

Emily March 8, 2012 at 9:10 am

Could you, Justine, and the babies BE any more gorgeous?? Summer’s personality shines through in photos… so sweet.

HEAB March 8, 2012 at 2:41 pm

Thanks Emily. :)

The Delicate Place March 8, 2012 at 10:06 am

how cheap of them! seriously, you need your nourishment right now—twins are growing! ;) oh you all are ahead of us on the spring has sprung wagon but we are getting there a little bit at a time. i can’t complain too much though, pittsburgh has had the tamest winter in years!

Alex @ Spoonful of Sugar Free March 8, 2012 at 10:14 am

you are looking so darn adorable in your little outfit with summer :D :D

HEAB March 8, 2012 at 2:41 pm

Thanks Alex. :)

Jasper Naomi March 8, 2012 at 11:24 am

Heather, I . Love. Your. Style.
Seriously.
you win the best dressed! for the day…and for the year so far :D

totally cute!
fan, in NC – Jasper :D

HEAB March 8, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Wow, thanks Jasper. I’ve never won that award. :)

Jasper Naomi March 8, 2012 at 3:23 pm

we could vote but I am pretty sure you’d win in the end (although I did make a decision to award you)

and I am gunna order some Justin’s with the code! :D

Kerry @ Totes My Oats March 8, 2012 at 12:40 pm

Love me some froyo.. Thanks for the coupon code!

Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning March 8, 2012 at 1:24 pm

I love iHerb. I just discovered it last month and order everything from there. And each order takes no more than 3 days to get to my house (and it ships from VERY far away!!)
The first pic reminded me- have you ever been to DC to see the Cherry Blossoms? They will definitely be early this year, but it’s always a really cool thing to see (and remind me of how lucky I am to live near DC!)

HEAB March 8, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Lauren,
Yes, I was only 12 years old, but I remember the cherry blossoms vividly. Beautiful!

Ameena March 8, 2012 at 5:00 pm

Bedtime at 7pm? Sign me up…

Such beautiful pictures! I would love to visit your neck of the woods one day. It’s so different from Los Angeles (hence why I’m sure I’d love it). :)

HEAB March 9, 2012 at 2:44 pm

Ameena,
Well, it’s quite different from NYC as well, but I do love Nashville…in the spring and fall anyway. Summer and winter are kind of blah.

Laura March 9, 2012 at 3:30 am

Thanks for linking to iherb! I’ve been looking everywhere for a site that will ship Yummy Earth candy to New Zealand for a reasonable-ish rate. (Slight hard candy addiction + multiple allergies = serious Yummy Earth problem! :D )

HEAB March 9, 2012 at 2:43 pm

Laura,
You’re welcome. Enjoy your candy! :)

Sara @my less serious life March 9, 2012 at 9:55 am

i adore that you painted a picture of a whale for fun. i used to paint all the time – just silly things, but it made me happy. i haven’t done this in YEARS. i have no idea why not…

HEAB March 9, 2012 at 2:43 pm

Sara,
My paints were packed away for years too, but I’ve been enjoying them a lot lately. I bought those acrylic paints back in college, and 15 years later, they’re still usable. I can’t believe it! Here’s to some painting in your near future. :)

Lindsay @ Fuel My Family March 9, 2012 at 1:23 pm

I love the whale painting. Is it a placemat you painted or a wall hanging? Its super cute either way. I do tons of crafts and sewing but I can’t draw to save my life!

HEAB March 9, 2012 at 2:42 pm

Thanks Lindsay, it’s a painting for the twins’ room. Just finished up painting #2 today. :)

Anne Marie@New Weigh of Life March 9, 2012 at 2:38 pm

I used to read Justine’s blog….I miss reading her stuff! Yay for you guys getting together!

HEAB March 9, 2012 at 2:41 pm

Anne Marie,
I do too. Justine had great recipes and made me laugh. I liked her “confessions”. :)