Nothing Bundt Cakes

by HEAB on October 14, 2012

Last night, Chris and I had friends over for dinner…

Rachel (holding a not-asleep Katie), Hoyt, CD, Travis, and Jessica.

We dined on Mexican.  I made enchiladas, both beef and black bean, along with Mama Pea’s refried beans and rice.  Jessica brought this amazing guacamole.  Seriously, some of the best guac I’ve ever eaten.  LOVED the big chunks of avocado.

Dinner was good, but the star of the show was dessert…

Summer let me borrow her chalkboard for the dessert display.  Thanks Sum!

Nothing Bundt Cakes-Nashville is celebrating their first anniversary by announcing plans to open a second location in Middle Tennessee later this fall, and they contacted local bloggers to help spread the word.  In doing so, I received free cake for a review on my blog.

We told our guests that we had cake for them to sample, and that I needed honest feedback for a blog post.  They happily obliged and sampled all the various flavors.  We served Bundtinis (bite-sized cakes) in the store’s most popular flavors: red velvet, chocolate chocolate chip, lemon, and white chocolate raspberry as well as a 10-inch Pumpkin Spice cake, the current seasonal flavor.

I immediately dove into a chocolate chocolate chip Bundtini, because well, it was chocolate.

When given the choice, I will always choose chocolate over fruit, but not in this situation because next up was the white chocolate raspberry Bundtini

Amazing – light and moist with the perfect amount of raspberry flavor.  Delicious!  I also really liked the pumpkin spice flavor as did all of our guests.  The spice combo jumped right out at you and paired well with the cream cheese frosting, and don’t even get me started on the frosting…could not stop picking at it after our guests left.  It wasn’t overly sweet like most frostings tend to be in my opinion.  So much cream cheese flavor, so good.  The red velvet flavor was also a big hit, especially with the guys.

Each of our guests received a Bundtlet (single serving cake) to take home.

Many thanks to Nothing Bundt Cakes for the free samples and Happy Anniversary!  I’m already planning on picking up some bite-sized Bundtinis for our next party…perhaps with extra frosting? ;)

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance October 14, 2012 at 4:35 pm

What a cute way to display desserts when you’re entertaining. Very fun! :)

Natalie October 14, 2012 at 4:44 pm

so yummy! love the chalkboard idea. : )

Averie @ Averie Cooks October 14, 2012 at 5:50 pm

Love the Bundt cake party! Now THAT is my kinda party! I’ve gotten into baking Bundts more often lately. Trust me, I feel like my mother when I tell my husband I’m going to bake a bundt cake this afternoon. Who am I :)

Love the name of the restaurant, too. How cute!

Tracy October 14, 2012 at 7:26 pm

Sounds like another successful dinner party! Mexican is always a hit. It’s an easy way to satisfy both meat and non-meat eaters, too. I have black bean enchiladas on the menu plan for this week and love your recipe’s use of TJ’s soup. I’ll definitely try that!!

Those mini bunt cakes are so cute! I think pumpkin spice would be my choice, although it may be the season that makes it sound good!

HEAB October 18, 2012 at 1:28 pm

Tracy,
Enchiladas made with that soup is so delicious. Definitely our favorite, and the ingredients are so much better than canned enchilada sauce.

Jess October 14, 2012 at 8:28 pm

Oh looks so good! I have not had bundt cakes in forever! Looks like a fun night!!

glidingcalm October 14, 2012 at 8:33 pm

those sound delicious! how fun!

Sarah October 14, 2012 at 11:29 pm

How fun and delicious! Hope the beans were awesome, because we know the cake was…

HEAB October 18, 2012 at 1:29 pm

Sarah,
They were, but next time I want to top them with your mild sauce. Just didn’t have time to get it made.

Liz (formerly VeggieGirl) October 15, 2012 at 5:39 am

CUTE cakes!!

Miss you, HEAB! Text me soon xo

HEAB October 18, 2012 at 1:29 pm

Liz,
Let’s chat soon. Text me if you don’t hear from me in the next week or so. Would love to catch up!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) October 15, 2012 at 6:56 am

Those little bundt cakes are so darn cute! Sounds like a delicious night Heather!

Alyssa (azusmom) October 15, 2012 at 12:03 pm

Nothing Bundt Cakes just opened 2 stores here: One near our home and one near my work. I’m doomed, lol!
Sounds like a fun time was had by all. :)

HEAB October 18, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Alyssa,
Oh goodness, you must go. Such a cute little shop, and the cakes were delicious. Totally meant what I said about serving them at my next party.

Jessica R October 15, 2012 at 1:13 pm

Thanks for having us over Heather! The pics turned out great!

Barbara October 17, 2012 at 6:43 pm

Those are adorable cakes. Bundt cake is always good!

Laura October 18, 2012 at 3:32 am

Everything looks and sounds delicious. :)

How are you getting on with the twins? Looking after two babies at once 24/7 sounds so daunting to me, and I know you have a toddler as well. Is it as hard as it seems it would be, or do you have a routine down?

HEAB October 18, 2012 at 1:43 pm

Hi Laura,
Honestly, the transition from zero to one was a lot harder for me than from one to three. We were so clueless with our first, and I am by no means an expert now, but at least we kind of knew what to expect with a newborn.

Thankfully, Charlie and Katie are laid back and easy babies. They nap well during the day, and they are sleeping through the night (most nights anyway). With the twins, I’m also accepting a lot more help. After Summer’s arrival, I wanted to do it all on my own. However, with three under the age of two, I knew I would need help. So we hired a part-time nanny (who is wonderful!) that helps me here at the house in the mornings, and our families are a lot of help too. Not sure how I’d do it all without them. We try and get out of the house at least once a day – the fresh air and sunshine do us all so much good. We take lots of walks and spend many hours at local playgrounds. I’m not breastfeeding the twins which has taken a huge weight off my shoulders. I pumped for a few weeks, but it I decided to let it go. I put so much pressure on myself to breastfeed Summer (I had low supply issues), and I think that really took a lot of enjoyment out of those first few months with her. Mama is much happier this time around!

So, all that to say that yes, the days can be crazy around here, but they are also filled with so much joy. My husband and I weren’t sure we could even have kids, and we feel blessed to have three happy and healthy babies. :)

Laura October 19, 2012 at 5:26 pm

Thanks for the very thoughtful reply! :) That’s great; you sound so happy and your family is just beautiful. Christmas will be a blast with three little ones.

Lou October 19, 2012 at 1:07 am

Those cakes look ridiculously delicious. Bundt is a funny word. I keep repeating it now.

Mexican AND cake makes for a happy tummy Dinner party for sure!