What We’ve Been Creating

by HEAB on March 30, 2013

Colored Eggs…

A wall to display art in Summer’s room…

The heart is leftover from last year’s Eric Carle inspired Valentine’s craft and click here for instructions on how to make the wax crayon batik.  Both fun and easy projects.

This Easter Sun catcher

Hoping the sun comes out for Easter tomorrow!

Playroom wall art with leftover sun catcher supplies…

And last but not least, a kitchen creation…

I prefer my macro plates in bowl form and have been eating a lot of them lately.  The above contained sprouted rice and quinoa + chickpeas + cooked carrots + gomasio + sesame ginger dressing.  The dressing is from Whole Foods, and I’m kind of obsessed with it.  Macrobiotic March is almost over, but I plan to keep eating my big bowls of rice and quinoa.  Love them.

Averie @ Averie Cooks March 30, 2013 at 8:24 pm

Look at all that artwork! My house feels the same many days…and what to do with it all and where to stash it all! I love the bright pink/red heart in the 2nd pic. So cute :)

And that sesame ginger dressing sounds right up my alley!

Aly March 30, 2013 at 9:02 pm

Oh my goodness, I am also obsessed with Whole Food’s Sesame Ginger Dressing! In fact, since I have decided to start adhering to a budget I have been trying to ween myself off of the stuff – definitely having withdrawal symptoms and am constantly on the lookout for great DIY dressings!

HEAB April 19, 2013 at 2:37 pm

Aly,
This is my absolute favorite DIY dressing and usually the only salad dressing I ever eat. Super simple too.

Lorne March 30, 2013 at 11:13 pm

I love your weekend adventures with Summer, I am sure much fun was had. We had lots of toddler craft fun also. Yay for long weekends and good family times.
Did your bowl involve the new rice cooker? ;0)

HEAB April 19, 2013 at 2:37 pm

Lorne,
You know it! Love the new rice cooker :)

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance March 31, 2013 at 10:04 am

So many cute crafts! Just adorable. :) I’ve never seen that salad dressing before, but it looks like something I would like!

Tracy March 31, 2013 at 11:19 am

I adore the wall hangings! Love the rustic look of the clothespins. Summer is quite the artist! The sun catchers are darling, too.

Happy Easter, Heather, to you and your beautiful family!! I hope you have a blessed day.

HEAB April 19, 2013 at 2:38 pm

Thanks Tracy. Hope you and your family enjoyed your Easter as well.

Kristina March 31, 2013 at 11:31 am

such a beautiful post – full of color and fun!

sesame ginger dressing sounds like perfection, I will have to find my own… and gomasio – I love that stuff and use it so often!

HEAB April 19, 2013 at 2:39 pm

Thanks Kristina and yes, you must find that dressing. Good stuff – it was in the produce section of my Whole Foods.

purelytwins March 31, 2013 at 3:07 pm

Summer is quite the artist! Love all the art and colored eggs!
that sesame ginger dressing sounds heavenly!!
HUGS

Alex March 31, 2013 at 7:46 pm

We colored Easter eggs yesterday, made a lamb cake and little decorations from hand blown eggs. I love all these traditions so much!

HEAB April 19, 2013 at 2:40 pm

So fun Alex. My best friend and her family used to blow all the yolks out of their eggs, and it was so nice b/c their colored eggs lasted so long. I’m hoping to go that route when the kids get older and maybe try painting the eggs.

Scott in Ohio March 31, 2013 at 8:20 pm

Wow, y’all are so creative! Good stuff!

Happy Easter to you and the little rabbits! :-)

HEAB April 19, 2013 at 2:40 pm

Thanks Scott. Hope you guys enjoyed your Easter too. :)

Alyssa March 31, 2013 at 8:54 pm

Love all the colorful wall art! Makes our house feel boring :-)

Cherie March 31, 2013 at 9:18 pm

Love all the beautiful artwork!

I hope you and your family enjoyed a wonderful Easter!

HEAB April 19, 2013 at 2:40 pm

Thanks Cherie! Hope you enjoyed your Easter as well. :)

Ameena March 31, 2013 at 10:35 pm

You’ve been busy! Such cute projects Heather…I’m really so impressed with your creativity.

I hope that you are having a great Easter today!

Liz (formerly VeggieGirl) April 1, 2013 at 2:24 am

Beautiful artwork and delicious kitchen creation!

Christa @ Edible Balance April 1, 2013 at 1:46 pm

Such sweet creations! The sun catchers are gorgeous, and that macro bowl is looking mighty tasty! :)

HEAB April 19, 2013 at 2:41 pm

Thanks Christa, and it was very tasty. :)

beth April 1, 2013 at 6:59 pm

thank you for all the macrobiotic links and reminding me of it, i recently by surprise saw a tv chef create a meal with sauteed cabbage and semi-boiled brocolli, then another person suggested steamed cabbage, and macro-march kept the embers stoked, it is both healthy and easy, and embarrassing, that i missed this eons ago. eating cabbage prepared so many ways, also a wonderful cancer prevention food, my imbalanced blood sugar is benefitting. the artwork is fabulous, (tie dying shirts, etc. also)

HEAB April 19, 2013 at 2:42 pm

Thank Beth, and I agree – cabbage is GOOD. I wish I ate it more often…I also wish it wasn’t so stinky when cooking. :)

the delicate place (@misathemeb) April 2, 2013 at 8:59 am

i love the no oil creamy tahini dressing they sell! you guys do the best crafts! hope you had a blessed easter heather :)

HEAB April 19, 2013 at 2:43 pm

Thanks Melissa – hope you enjoyed your Easter as well. :)

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking April 8, 2013 at 9:39 am

Oh the wall art is so cool and your macro bowl looks yummy!

HEAB April 19, 2013 at 2:43 pm

Thanks Alicia, and it was yummy. Quite yummy. :)

Melanie April 17, 2013 at 10:34 am

Hi Heather,
Just stopping in to tell you that I’m scouring the Food Network website for something to make for dinner and missing your recipes! Hope all is well with all your babies and that the spring weather in Nashville is nicer than it has been in Michigan (boo and hiss I miss the sun!)
Take care!

HEAB April 18, 2013 at 7:03 am

Hi Melanie,
Thanks for stopping by. We’re well and enjoying spring for sure after a gloomy winter. Hoping the weather gets better in Michigan soon. It will – you know we loved our summers up there!

Here is a recipe we’ve been loving lately. We make it with brown rice penne pasta. So good! http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/chicken_spaghet/