This pregnancy hasn’t been much different from my first two, although the nausea stuck around a bit longer. I’m almost 23 weeks and finally feeling more like my old self again. Per usual, I lost weight during my first trimester, and now I’m doing my best to gain. Still craving lots of bagels, chicken, and ice-cream. Not the most well-rounded diet, and so I try and throw in salads and veggies when we go out to eat. When I’m at home, throwing something bready in the toaster is just so much easier!
Eats these days…
My go-to lunch: apple chicken sausage + Udi’s toast with avocado, hummus, tomato, salt & pepper.
The above was actually dinner not too long ago. All I wanted was a vanilla malt Reese’s swirlie from Bobbie’s Dairy Dip. So, that’s exactly what I ate.
Love this place!
A few weeks ago, I posted my go-to hummus dip for summertime get-togethers, and when reader Jonna left the recipe for her version in the comments, I decided to make it for our next cookout. I’ve made it twice now, and both times, it was a huge hit. Highly recommend it. So good! Thanks again Jonna.
- 1 eight ounce container of whipped cream cheese with chives
- 1 eight ounce container of hummus original style
- ½ European cucumber chopped
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 four ounce container of crumbled feta
- 1 teaspoon of chopped fresh oregano
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup sliced Kalamata pitted olives
- Place in sequence one layer on top of another in either an oval or round dish/pie plate.
- Serve with pita chips, fresh vegetables, warm pita bread, etc.
And then, there’s my new favorite ice-cream…
Oh man, this stuff is good. You Midwesterners really know how to make ice-cream!
Now, go make that Greek dip…I have some ice-cream to eat. 🙂