With our first nursery, I thought I needed so many things, and said things had to come from certain stores. As a first time mom, I wanted everything to be perfect for our new baby girl. I still want things to be perfect for our last baby girl, but now I know what truly matters. It’s not the matching crib set (trust me, you probably won’t use the bumper or quilt anyway) or the overpriced glider I thought I wanted (Didn’t get it. Went with a La-Z-Boy recliner. Best decision ever!). It’s more about filling the room with love and making it a happy comfortable place for you and the baby. Now that we’re on our third (& last!) nursery, I filled it with my favorite odds and ends from around the house and bought some curtains and a used dresser. Last week, after hanging the curtains, I looked around and realized her room is done. Just like that, it all came together. Baby girl, we’re all ready for you…
- Pine cabinet is from my room when I was little.
- The rug used to be in my massage therapy studio. I think it’s from Target.
- The framed Farmer’s Market poster on the left, a letterpress print by local Nashville artist, Bryce McCloud, used to hang in the kitchen of our old house, and the blue print on the right is a watercolor of one of Antoni Gaudí’s apartment buildings in Barcelona. I bought it while backpacking through Europe the summer after college.
- Silver lamp is from Target.
- The Curtains are from World Market, and since they’re sheer, I added black out panels (from Target) behind them. I’d been eyeing these curtains for a while, and if you sign up for World Market emails, they often offer 10% off online purchases, free shipping, etc. Love World Market!
- The bird mobile hanging on the window was a gift from this very talented blogger.
- Summer is now in a “big girl bed” so that her new baby sister can use her old crib. It’s a Graco from Amazon.
- Crib sheet also from Amazon.
- Photos hanging on the wall are pictures I took two summers ago in Michigan, and the frames are from Etsy.
- The hanging banner is a leftover party decoration from Charlie & Katie’s one-year fiesta. You can find it here on Amazon.
- I found the dresser/changing table on Craigslist for a steal (So excited. Had been checking everyday since we moved, and this one was perfect!). It’s from the Simply Shabby Chic line at Target.
- Changing pad was also inherited from Summer, and the cover is from Amazon.
I couldn’t be more happy with this sweet little room. With every nursery we’ve decorated, I’ve made it a little more our own. I had fun with Summer’s room, but it just felt so much like a typical nursery, you know? Pretty generic. We have since updated, and Summer’s room is so much better – the perfect little space for a toddler! With Charlie and Katie’s room, I got a bit more creative, but with baby #4′s room, I felt like something finally clicked. I love the not-so-typical nursery colors and the mismatched furniture. Definitely much more our style! Oh, and don’t worry, the La-Z-Boy is just a few feet away in the living room for all those middle-of-the-night cuddle sessions.